• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Loool super late comes a random guy ! XD

Merry Christmas and a happy new year ALL! (even brawl players :D (kidding......i hate you :D))

Also i was wondering if anyone wants to go to berlin this april for a tourny? Me and a friend are considering it.

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
... hello? *echo "lo? lo? lo?"*

**** last night was epic. been to my very first smash-fest. I am glad I have went back to melee ^^

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
hahaha this time last year we were arranging our valentines day smashfest for the huge stupid banter. Now look at us, studs

shifting shadows- I very much doubt it man, but I know a good few scots will probably be going to a tourney in the summer at some point :)

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Alright Scots! me and ShiftingShadows be on a mission. We gonna be pumping this thread full of max revives, pheonix downs, rare candies, and ****. So get ready for the revival of the scottish smash scene!

Biatches.

Hey agroves, there most certainly are smash bros tournaments, but not in scotland yet.... but thats all gonna change. Me and shiftingshadows are gonna go to london on the 27th for a tournament. You should come.

My msn is: uwant_beef@hotmail.co.uk

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Lmao yes 4 players. Its a start though.
Think about how much hype there will be for the uk in the future though, if scotland grows to have a decent scene. Its gonna be **** >=D

J03

Smash Master
developing a scene can be hard like. yall gotta play eachother lots, promote other people to play

once you get as few as 6 you can get the ball rollin proper

to get more peeps you just gotta do events at say uni, then if anyone else shows up try to encourage them inta the scene

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Lol proper. Thanks for the advice, we have been talking to Ed in depth about what we are going to do. Seen as he started the uk scene im assuming hes has a pretty good grasp on the subject. Hopefully with the help of all you experianced guys we can make it happen.

Mr P

Smash Ace
get euan off his grumpy *** and back into smash haha
Aside from the already obvious reasons as to why i dont play anymore, i also dont have the time, money or motivation to get involved with the smash scene as a large anymore. I've not been to a tournament for 2 years and not one in the UK for 2 and a half or so. Plus im 24 now and have no inclination to get envolved in all the trivial garbage that STILL goes on on the boards, i saw the way Yaneev was treated after he went to that smashfest in Bolton and it's pretty disrespectful tbh. Guy has come over here from America then travels all the way to Manchester to play smash then gets nothing but abuse on the boards when he gets back, it's pathetic.

As far as the Scottish smash scene goes ? I cant say i wasn't slightly amused when everything went to **** when i left, but i've met and played with Yaneev, Yujie and Josh and they are all cool guys so if they want to go ahead and try to revive things then i encourage them to do so. I've already given some advice to Yujie about what to do to get things started again and i hope he is successful. As for me ? I'll probably contiue to go to the ocassional smashfest with the right people but as far as the community as a whole is concerned i'm done.

VA

Smash Hero
This makes me want to post something very very much. But I'll stay quiet to prove a point ^_^

jalued

Smash Lord
I'm the 4th one but I have a job. Unlike those lazy students :p going to get back into it though and help ss and cookie organise fests. Might even attend some english tourneys.

Btw what happenedd with tuna in bolton? He is a great player and awesome guy...

VA

Smash Hero
He's **** at smash! Nah jo3 was like "he's going to **** at GT2" and top 3 people were like...nawww....

Kone

Smash Master
Aside from the already obvious reasons as to why i dont play anymore, i also dont have the time, money or motivation to get involved with the smash scene as a large anymore. I've not been to a tournament for 2 years and not one in the UK for 2 and a half or so. Plus im 24 now and have no inclination to get envolved in all the trivial garbage that STILL goes on on the boards, i saw the way Yaneev was treated after he went to that smashfest in Bolton and it's pretty disrespectful tbh. Guy has come over here from America then travels all the way to Manchester to play smash then gets nothing but abuse on the boards when he gets back, it's pathetic.

As far as the Scottish smash scene goes ? I cant say i wasn't slightly amused when everything went to **** when i left, but i've met and played with Yaneev, Yujie and Josh and they are all cool guys so if they want to go ahead and try to revive things then i encourage them to do so. I've already given some advice to Yujie about what to do to get things started again and i hope he is successful. As for me ? I'll probably contiue to go to the ocassional smashfest with the right people but as far as the community as a whole is concerned i'm done.
Dont post then?

VA

Smash Hero
lol I was joking noobz0rz.

and ed summed up what I wanted to say in a few words, nearly.

Just so everyone knows, Mr P quit cos everyone from his imaginary smash group joined a different imaginary smash group, which infuriated him to the point of leaving the game forever. Now he lurks in the background watching what happens and passing elitest judgement. What ed said...

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
I'm da bes...I'm da bes in da worl...huh huh...huh huh....AYYYYYYsssia.....

Scotsmen unite! Quit your jobs, leave your significant others, steal from rich people, and devote everything to smash!!!!!!!!!!!!

@__@

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
@VA a joke it may be but that only means ur not taking it seriously, ur actual opinion isnt that far off. :D

@Tuna - This is the right attitude AYYYYY :D **** your lives and become smash pros XD Dont need no degree son :L

VA

Smash Hero
What? You're telling me what I think?

whatever you want, if you'd like to think that I believe you are a noob then go ahead.

I'll sit here and reserve judgement while you demean yourself.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Here we go I LOVE these intellectual debates.

As for Yaneev sucking and us being noobzorz, just wait. Its bs. Things will change.
No-one said he sucked, we just said that he def doesn't look as good as everyone was carrying on and that he ain't gettin top 5 at GT2 (which he seriously isn't lol) unless there is some fail attendance of the top players.

VA - What was the thing you wanted to say sooo badly last page lol???

VA

Smash Hero
last page? how many posts a page do you have >_<

nothing really, just a bit more to what I said a few posts ago about Mr P thinking so much of his place in the community.

J03

Smash Master
rofl its times like these where back in the day ryan would make a post and everything would be rainbows.

Noone has any respect for anyone on the boards, so getting annoyed by any comment is pointless rofl.

Top Bottom