• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Sup guys, I just bought a wii.

If anyone's up for Brawls it's Hyesz@live.com, that means you Vodkahaze.

Also let me know about Melee events near Aberdeen, that means you Vodkahaze.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
nice to see a newcomer! Good luck if you're in Aberdeen though...

and yeah, most people who come in to the scene after 7 years of experience of playing their friends fair quite well so no-one will think you're a newbie. As a sign of respect I challenge you to a £50 Money match. Items on or off?

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Haha, glasgow is actually pretty amazing in parts.

Joe- Lots? Still zooming my way through academia like nobodies business. Last time I picked up a pad at SSBM I was diabolical. I quit. F*ck you etc. Haha, but yeah same old stuff really how come? What you been up to?

The Scottish smash thread is now refuge for the sane, as the rest of the UK threads have been taken over by Londoners and one-line posts that lack substance. There was usually always some thread I could click on if I went on smashboards before... theres nothing now. Suppose thats kind of my fault too since I don't keep up with the scene. Don't know who Dooan or Callum are and they both have 400 + posts!

Tempted to change my screen pic on here but... hmmm

The Filth

Smash Lord
Eeeh I'm of no real significance.

I just saw all the bull**** go down over the past few months here and lost faith in humanity. I think I posted here a while back saying I was interested in visiting Scotland and getting some smash in, but I only played brawl back then and got blanked =]

On a less serious note, **** you for somehow persuading Prof he's a good troll, what have you done to us?! D:

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Rooofl nice equation for a name. Whats the deal with P then is he keeping well?

Dooan- haha yeah no-one plays brawl up here but that said almost no-one plays anymore generally. I don't lol, I just go on the boards... out of habit?

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
yay vids. Also thanks for not showing me. I was just friggin terrible on the recording :'( I will try not to panic so much the next time.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Haha you could not have made avoiding that question more blatant Kieran.

SoniKupo- I think theres actually a small contingent of brawl players that have passed through here.. just no-one to set them up for a smashfest or anything. :confused:

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
SoniKupo- I think theres actually a small contingent of brawl players that have passed through here.. just no-one to set them up for a smashfest or anything. :confused:
theres a few others, but brawl isn't exactly popular up here. it's melee mainly, and even at that, theres only a few of us, the rest of us either don't have the time for it
Guess so :dizzy: I notice how most people who posts here are either at Uni/College or working. We just no got as much free times as our Americans chums to set up local smashfests. Back to lagfi's wifis. >.<

or just make up some excuse not so play :S:S:S
I can understand how some Melee players aren't fond of Brawl.

But oh well D:
/sadface

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Haha you could not have made avoiding that question more blatant Kieran.

i'm quite glad you think so :)
i'll answer your question if you want me to - p's fine. roooofl

nah, i know what your on about.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
imo Scotland should be one f the best places in the UK for smash so far as melee is concerned. You've got Zeppo, Gratfox, Euan, Geek, Foulplay- all pretty decent players. It would be good if you could get at least a tiny bit of smash going maybe even one smashfest a month cos you know the scotts have the best sense of humour by a mile compared to the rest of the UK :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I would actually love to see all of these guys at an event, you better be attempting to make whatever the next National Tournament is lol.

And if it's in London.....THEN YOU BETTER COME!!!!!!

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Kieran- Tah babes :confused: :suess:

Pro and Ben- Cheers guys! Im not interested in playing smash much anymore haha. BUT I want to go to the next tournament, provided I can. So I will hopefully see you there.

grayfox

Smash Champion
haha ty! I'm interested in attending another European tourney, perhaps this summer if there is one, but unless conditions are favorable I probably won't attend another UK tourney for a while. They are all in the south and 9 hours on a megabus to go to some ****ehole like lancaster or something doesn't really sound fun compared to traveling the same time and seeing Sweden or France etc.

It's always fun seeing everyone again though, see what happens, as far as smash goes though I've been done for years bar the odd month here and there.

Also for a long time Scotland was the best place for smash in the UK, in like 2005. We were just ahead of the times is all, and burned out before everyone else lol.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Lol remember when Ryan played for 2 months and got 4th that was funny

Look at that everyone, its christmas! And in the spirit of christmas I will do my christmas shoutouts:-

Allan- hohoho, merry christmas!

Kieran- hohoho the banter ehhhh, merry christmas!

David- Ha good one merry christmas!

Ryan- ROFL nice one merry christmas!

Looman- Hope you're still ill, merry christmas!

Penetrago- Merry christmas, why just last year we were so fly, merry!

PROFESSOR PRO- oh my days looool, merry christmas!

Charles- sheik is gay, merry christmas!

Frostbyte- Merry Finished!

Chrisboi- Merry Chrisboi!

Edwin- Merry christmas!!!!!!!! Ken lol

J03- =o merry christmas!

Jam- Merry christmas keep it funky!

Bullet Bill- Too right mate merry christmas!

InvisibleMuffin- ... Where is he? (HAHAHA MERRY CHRISTMAS)

pidgey- merry pidgemas!

Robby- omg merry christmas..!

Edward Ball- Merry Christmas you fly young man!

Tails Chao- Merry christmas ma man!

Ed- Merry christmas yah man newcastle n' that!

Reacher- Merry christmas ballbag!

SoniKupo- Never met you merry though this christmas isn't it!

Thats all I can think of for now. If we all spread the xmas cheer we can all have a SMASHING good christmas! :confused::chuckle: As a lovely bloke I feel it is my duty to do such things but I encourage you all to join me in such an endeavour. Let this christmas, as a great man once said, 'finish nicely'!

VA

Smash Hero
omg like, merry christmas everyone!!!!!1!!

edit: just noticed both fuzzy and I joined in may 2006, who knew that?

VA

Smash Hero
when I joined, is when I began using advanced techs. a year later is when I went to my firt tournament. I also mostly looked in brawl threads when I joined - lol

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Lol, cheers Zeppo.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone too!

Don't get too smashed guys :O

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Well, now Christmas is gone for another year, I wish us all a Happy New Year!

Top Bottom