• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

grayfox

Smash Champion
Aye I'm free but with the world cup on not sure id be up for playin smash and missin a huge game. Watching the game in teviot in between seshes though, now your talkin.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
yeah I forgot about that lol, though the world cup is only really like that at the group stages! Its constant in the beginning but after that we'll just pick a day theres no game on or play after one blah blah

fortune- sounds good!

and Charles that would be winning but theres something about that feeling when you miss a goal lol. The replays never the same. Plus ryans into the other parts. The throw-ins and the yellow cards. Such a load of pish

J03

Smash Master
oioi scots you not gonna be supporting the English through our road to victory, by losing Rio the stars have aligned, England can win the world cup =O

** - 2 stars

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Haha I'd rather eat a turtle, England are rubbish. Just watch them make it to the 2nd round in the most mediocre fashion possible and lose to Portugal/Ivory Coast/Ghana : any middle-ground team, so they can still go home embarassed and feeling they could've done better. Pretty much happens without fail everytime.

Except Euro 2008, when England didn't qualify. And Scotland should have qualified... but we're far worse than even England.

grayfox

Smash Champion
The English are the least likeable team in the entire thing, and thats not just my Scottish speaking!

And aye watching the whole game is a must, none of this glancin at the screen when you hear the commentator gettin louder banter.

J03

Smash Master
hoho the favourites never win, whoever looks strongest at first falls apart. Whoever looks weak has to buckle down to become strong, its an illogical sport and that's why we love it.

And yes Ryan that is your Scottish heritage speaking =P

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
hey guys! so imma be back in anonburg this sunday june 27th, but i'm leaving for china on july 1st. anyone up for some smash between those dates?

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Tuesday works for me, but I'll be later than usual, around 3,4 ish maybe.

Also, if you're still low on tvs I might be able to borrow one from a friend near town for the day.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
it looks like there wont be an event on tuesday after all QQ. But if seikend and gluepot still wanna play i'd be willing to take the bus to wherever u guys live.

gluepot

Smash Rookie
that'd be cool, yuichi has his leaving ceremony on tuesday so would be back late afternoon...making tuesday seem not very worthwhile you coming out though.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
well otherwise I guess we cud play today or wednesday. I leave for china on thursday.

Also all you lazy haggiiiiii shud shud sign up for SNY in august, especially yuichi and trevor. It'll be a really good experience, and we need more ppl representing scotland!!

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
hey sry i didn't come today, i just moved into the new flat and i haven't had internet the past 3 days so i didn't receive ur messages. SNY is the first european tournament hosted in the UK. a lot of big name players will be there so all u new players shud definitely try to make it!

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Come on Scotts you need to register for SNY!!! You only have a few days left. I think registration closes 26th July!!!!! Allen, Paul, Ryan? We need you guys for scotland!!!!

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Return tickets to from edinburgh birmingham by nationalexpress are 20 pounds guys!!! That means the entire cost of going to the tournament and playing is 43 pounds!!!! That includes a bed, and food, and travel costs!

43 pounds for three days is literally stealing! So hurry up and book ur ****

sry for the triple post

jalued

Smash Lord
hey sry i didn't come today, i just moved into the new flat and i haven't had internet the past 3 days so i didn't receive ur messages. SNY is the first european tournament hosted in the UK. a lot of big name players will be there so all u new players shud definitely try to make it!
armada is going for one, considered by some to be the 2nd best player in the world ;)

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Singles
(140 entrants)

Singles Bracket

1st. Glutonny [France] - Wario
2nd. Ally [Canada] - Snake
3rd. Kaos [France] - Metaknight
4th. Leon [France] - Marth/Peach
5th. Greward [Spain] - Olimar
5th. Mr R [Netherlands] - Marth
7th. Staco [Germany] - Metaknight