• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
So I heard Bowser is pretty legit.

Up in Dundee, all sorted now. No smash up here is pretty lame though. Seeing if I can get some sort of club running on campus but I don't have high hopes.

Hoping I can still make it down to Edinburgh whenever you've got anything going on. Seems like there's a lot of scots I've yet to meet.

Mr P

Smash Ace
So I heard Bowser is pretty legit.

Up in Dundee, all sorted now. No smash up here is pretty lame though. Seeing if I can get some sort of club running on campus but I don't have high hopes.

Hoping I can still make it down to Edinburgh whenever you've got anything going on. Seems like there's a lot of scots I've yet to meet.
I'm in Aberdeen now but my brother lives in Dundee still, if we're both around i'm sure we can arrange to meet up for a few games at some point. Melee right ?

I may not be in Dundee for a while but here's my contact address

send me an e-mail msn or something e_johnston_86@hotmail.co.uk

Sup yujie.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I'm in Aberdeen now but my brother lives in Dundee still, if we're both around i'm sure we can arrange to meet up for a few games at some point. Melee right ?

I may not be in Dundee for a while but here's my contact address

send me an e-mail msn or something e_johnston_86@hotmail.co.uk

Sup yujie.
Definetely would be up for that. Yup, melee.

I get the feeling we talked a little a while back, I don't know though. My memory is pretty shoddy.

my embarrassing email address is:
i-just-stole-your-face@hotmail.com

jalued

Smash Lord
i laughed while playing brawl tournament for the first time in 2 years!

first game played DDD vs a link, chaingrabbed him off the stage 3x ftw
second game played a falcon ditto (cause i felt lame playing a decent character) and lost :p
3rd game played snake and spammed uptilt ftw
4th game played MK, was epically homo and won

then dropped out and went to see gf ;)

oh the joys of brawl

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
awww man guys i'm pretty disappointed. Only jalued turned up to the brawl tourney :(. The winner was actually a pretty good german kirby player.

I feel like its time to host another smashfest at my flat this month!!! so when can guys get ur lazy ***** to edinburgh?

Also sup euan

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Moogle - I've never seen you post on the scottish thread before and it turns out ur from scotland! and u've been around a while too! How is this possible? You should come down to edinburgh to one of my fests!
*laaaaaate reply sorry*

I'll try to! Uni is just mad confusing right now though. :(
Sunday is pretty much my only free day atm.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Give me a few days notice for any weekend and I should be able to make it. Next time I'm in Edinburgh I'll return your controller Yujie, and pay back the money I owe you and SS.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
awesome yuichi!

Currently i'm thinking of hosting something on the first weekend of october. What do u guys think?

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's good with me.

Any chance of getting some matches recorded?

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Parents are away to a wedding so I won't be able to stay at their house over the weekend.

Really that rules out Sunday, trains just aren't practical then. Still up for Saturday though.

Anyone else coming along?

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually thinking of moving the fest back one week since trevor cant make it :(.

And I can offer you housing for the weekend if u need it yuichi.

gluepot

Smash Rookie
I'm down this weekend, looking quite busy. Friday night i'm at a party, saturday I'm doing a 10 mile hill race. So that leaves Sunday. May not be able to move but could give it a go then.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
heyyyy so if everyone arrived at my flat tomorrow around noon that wud be awesome!!! If you can bring ur gamecube/wii and a copy of melee and a memory card!

gluepot

Smash Rookie
Sorry I couldn't make it in the end. my phone messed up.... and I was feeling really ill on sunday.

jalued

Smash Lord
well that was a shoddy turnout in the end, only 4 of us actually showed up

i arrived in the evening, alan is a regular and left at about 11 and josh and uj both live there!

My fox is getting more technical :D didnt feel like i was completely outclassed anymore

fox vs falco is fun, fox v sheik/falcon isnt (i cant waveshine to grab consistantly)

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
well that was a shoddy turnout in the end, only 4 of us actually showed up

i arrived in the evening, alan is a regular and left at about 11 and josh and uj both live there!

My fox is getting more technical :D didnt feel like i was completely outclassed anymore

fox vs falco is fun, fox v sheik/falcon isnt (i cant waveshine to grab consistantly)
Its funny since u feel more technical but cannot waveshine to grab :L

Try doing it slowly to start with its not too difficult, u can manage.

jalued

Smash Lord
Its funny since u feel more technical but cannot waveshine to grab :L

Try doing it slowly to start with its not too difficult, u can manage.
i can waveshine but i generally do it to jab by mistake. Plus the main prob is im just too slow waveshining to grab so u can escape :p

and ur combo sig is a project M reference right?

jalued

Smash Lord
been practising fox stuff more, i can do shine out of shield sometimes (when i fail i just spotdodge) and have been able to waveshine out of shield once :p can get them on the ground though when i do manage

oh and been practicing the getup from edge using the waveshine timing, its pretty awesome. oh and i can do upsmash out of shield more consistantly now (and while dashing)

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys smash at my place this saturday?

@ ed - dont forget to practice the basics too. ur shffl nairs need to come out earlier and u need to get those L-CANCELS!!!!

@ prof - me and shiftingshadows might be coming down to gt4, but dont get ur hopes up cuz its not confirmed yet

Top Bottom