• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schoolgirl Famicom Detective, Ayumi Tachibana for Smash Switch (Famicom Detective Club Remakes Coming to the Switch)

amageish

Smash Master
What her alts and costumes should be?
I imagine her alts would be split 50/50 based on the designs she has in each game, Ike-style. I could also see her having different voicelines with each costume, as she's much more confidant in the Missing Heir and I could see them wanting that to be represented vocally in her grunts and statements.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Probably the school from part 2, it could have some cameos in the background.
I think the school is the best option, though I feel like if it’s set in the day it would cause some ratings issues due to Snake, Joker, and Bayonetta. So it would probably have to be set at night. Hey, at least that allows The Girl Who Stood Behind to be a creepy Easter Egg.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I think the school is the best option, though I feel like if it’s set in the day it would cause some ratings issues due to Snake, Joker, and Bayonetta. So it would probably have to be set at night. Hey, at least that allows The Girl Who Stood Behind to be a creepy Easter Egg.
I dont see why.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
if those are the problems im not sure the time of day would change that
Yeah, but having a school at night would help alleviate the Potential Ratings Issues if the School was Chosen. Though there's several other areas that could work as well.

amageish

Smash Master
ESRB, School Shootings, Realistic Weapons. Joker in particular wearing a trench coat. Yeah, I wonder if there’s gonna be ratings issues if the stage is set in the day time.
I don't think this is how ratings work. We already have a school stage in the form of Garreg Mach, but beyond that: Smash Bros is going to be rated for the content it directly contains, not the content that one could make using it?

Someone could make a poor-taste dark joke about shootings using the Garreg Mach stage, but that requires the player action in purposefully setting things up to interoperate the scene that way. Heck, you could theoretically make dark jokes on any stage using Mii Fighters and creativity. The ESRB isn't going to block the possibility of dark set-ups; they're going to block the actual content in the game and Ayumi's school would just be a school background in a fighting game - nothing more, nothing less.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think this is how ratings work. We already have a school stage in the form of Garreg Mach, but beyond that: Smash Bros is going to be rated for the content it directly contains, not the content that one could make using it?

Someone could make a poor-taste dark joke about shootings using the Garreg Mach stage, but that requires the player action in purposefully setting things up to interoperate the scene that way. Heck, you could theoretically make dark jokes on any stage using Mii Fighters and creativity. The ESRB isn't going to block the possibility of dark set-ups; they're going to block the actual content in the game and Ayumi's school would just be a school background in a fighting game - nothing more, nothing less.
well garreg mach is a military school which is a fair disticntion.

although we can already shoot kids in this game

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord

Garreg Mach is a Medevil School, Ayumi's is an actual school.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I think you're focusing on the Garreg Mach point a little too much, the main point was that the rating is only affected by the content included and how it's portrayed by the devs. Littlebigplanet didn't get a higher age rating because people can create messed up stuff with the tools. Smash wouldn't up the age rating if people online made dark jokes, that's why there's usually the disclaimer of "Online interactions not rated by the ESRB"

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Y'know, if school shootings are apparently an issue I feel like Joker's gun alone should've bumped up the age rating, seeing as he can shoot the entire roster with it - Including teens and children, mind you. Keep in mind that he himself is a minor, and his high school outfit means it's not tucked away like the Dream-World-Makes-Fake-Gun-Real thing.

When you say it like that it makes Joker seem really %$#@ed up doesn't it

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Y'know, if school shootings are apparently an issue I feel like Joker's gun alone should've bumped up the age rating, seeing as he can shoot the entire roster with it - Including teens and children, mind you. Keep in mind that he himself is a minor, and his high school outfit means it's not tucked away like the Dream-World-Makes-Fake-Gun-Real thing.

When you say it like that it makes Joker seem really %$#@ed up doesn't it
Then again, none of the Children in Smash look like actual children. They’re stylized or look like Adults, thus why Joker can shoot them with a gun.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't think ESRB and ratings would have much to do with it but I can see why Nintendo would look at the possibility of having a fight inside a school with students walking around and decide to avoid any potential controversy, particularly with Joker's design. It might just be my impression but given the political climate I imagine it might be poorly received by some. Plus having the school at night would be more atmospheric for a mystery game, and would allow for a cameo from the Girl Who Stands Behind.

Then again they kept that Game & Watch animation and had to patch it later so who knows.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I don't think ESRB and ratings would have much to do with it but I can see why Nintendo would look at the possibility of having a fight inside a school with students walking around and decide to avoid any potential controversy, particularly with Joker's design. It might just be my impression but given the political climate I imagine it might be poorly received by some. Plus having the school at night would be more atmospheric for a mystery game, and would allow for a cameo from the Girl Who Stands Behind.

Then again they kept that Game & Watch animation and had to patch it later so who knows.
Yeah. Even if the ESRB has no issues with it, it would still cause controversy.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's similar to the Game & Watch situation at all, that was something intentionally put in the game that later was removed. This is something that'd just be interpreted by players, and once again not intended by the devs themselves. And it's not an obvious thing as well, smash isn't a shooter it's a cartoony fighter where a couple characters have stylized looking "guns". Someone would have to go out of their way to make that reference, much like the inappropriate stuff that was thrown up in the stage creator.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I don't think it's similar to the Game & Watch situation at all, that was something intentionally put in the game that later was removed. This is something that'd just be interpreted by players, and once again not intended by the devs themselves. And it's not an obvious thing as well, smash isn't a shooter it's a cartoony fighter where a couple characters have stylized looking "guns". Someone would have to go out of their way to make that reference, much like the inappropriate stuff that was thrown up in the stage creator.
Still, I don’t think Nintendo will want to risk it if the School is chosen. Thus why I think if Ayumi did get in, a different location will be used.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Still, I don’t think Nintendo will want to risk it if the School is chosen. Thus why I think if Ayumi did get in, a different location will be used.
They're not risking anything though? It's easily the most iconic location and one that can have the most cameos if they want to do so. You can't be given the tools to make something, make something bad, and then blame the devs for that. With that logic, there's already other stages that could be deemed inappropriate for those characters to show up on. You can already make inappropriate miis and use them online, you can't control what people online are gonna do with games outside what's intended.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
They're not risking anything though? It's easily the most iconic location and one that can have the most cameos if they want to do so. You can't be given the tools to make something, make something bad, and then blame the devs for that. With that logic, there's already other stages that could be deemed inappropriate for those characters to show up on. You can already make inappropriate miis and use them online, you can't control what people online are gonna do with games outside what's intended.
Online Interactions Not Rated.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Just giving my cent here since I can't take this..

Then what else would be stage? The village where The Missing Heir takes place? That place has barely any consistent location, or should I say "iconic" location since it involved the whole village and even back in the day it is being less advertised to overseas moreso than The Girl Who Stands Behind which always been associated with the series in Smash.

The school shooting issue is just really dumb as nothing in that concept is inherently offense other than from external forces which probably should be blamed and also, if you afraid about that don't worry because you can't shoot the students and the teachers themselves since they are a background character who probably cheering when someone is brutally stab wit a sword other than Ayumi who is more on par to everyone cause game balancing. You could literally apply that to other stages, you can literally reenact a kidnapping scenario with Onett and held them hostage in Tomodachi Life and do a police raid there, heck! even worse, every stage that takes place in a public places with the problematics on there could literally be considered a mass shooting or bombing. And if I could be more blunt that issue is more of the west thing (and don't bring up the many instances of murder involving students, you specifically asked for mass shooting so I give it to you)

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Me seeing the character for the first time:
-She doesn't look very interesting, I don't think I'd like her inclusion...

Me after seeing this design:
-Doesn't matter what happen, she'll be my new main.
Lol. Well, if you do end up picking up one of the games, then I guess The Missing Heir is the correct choice.

The image is down, at least for me...
If you're using Firefox, it seems like direct links to Fandom/Wiki articles just no longer work on that browser in general for... some reason.

Oddball

Smash Lord
If you're complaining about school shootingings in a game where little kids have to fight professional boxers and can then go on to take swords, knives, and guns to a dog then you're just looking for something to complain or be offended about and should probabaly stay away from videogames altogether.

Then again, none of the Children in Smash look like actual children. They’re stylized or look like Adults, thus why Joker can shoot them with a gun.
Then make the school stylized. It's not a regular school. It's a creepy haunted school. Ever heard anyone complaining about shootings in a creepy haunted school? No? I rest my case.

Now as for the "problem" of Ayumi wearign a skirt, that's about the easiest thing in the world to fix.
Give her a pair of shorts underneath the skirt.

bike-shorts-4-531x800.jpg

There. Problem solved.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Now as for the "problem" of Ayumi wearign a skirt, that's about the easiest thing in the world to fix.

View attachment 313875

There. Problem solved.
that actually looks cute wth, I remember that one of the girl inkling alt is in school girl outfit and they just gave shorts like the one you posted but I think Ayumi is much longer like what an actual schoolgirl wore.

Last edited:

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
If you're complaining about school shootingings in a game where little kids have to fight professional boxers and can then go on to take swords, knives, and guns to a dog then you're just looking for something to complain or be offended about and should probabaly stay away from videogames altogether.

Then make the school stylized. It's not a regular school. It's a creepy haunted school. Ever heard anyone complaining about shootings in a creepy haunted school? No? I rest my case.

View attachment 313875

There. Problem solved.
Yeah a good example of this is the characters from the Anime smile precure.

8f6497c66e.jpg

Plus Ayumis skirt goes almost down to her knees way longer that the majority of Anime schoolgirls.

If anything people would complain about her being too conservative.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord

View attachment 313875

There. Problem solved.
Yeah lol.

Top Bottom