• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Yeah, EXACTLY as he was in SSE only with Princess Daisy and Princess Hilda in the cages.
... I don't think Daisy would be stupid enough to be distracted and then captured again. Also, who's Hilda?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, EXACTLY as he was in SSE only with Princess Daisy and Princess Hilda in the cages.
I'd totally be okay with Petey joining.
I'd main him.
With all the clamoring for a Super Mario Sunshine sequel/remake, there would be little surprise over Petey Piranha getting this much attention.

At this point, we might as well say that he's the obligatory Super Mario Sunshine rep that we all need. :awesome:

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
With all the clamoring for a Super Mario Sunshine sequel/remake, there would be little surprise over Petey Piranha getting this much attention.

At this point, we might as well say that he's the obligatory Super Mario Sunshine rep that we all need. :awesome:
0/10 no lasers.

MechaBowser is the best sunshine rep.
What do you mean by irrelevant hes relevant because lasers. /s

I mean, we all know who the best Mario character with plant-powers is.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I mean, we all know who the best Mario character with plant-powers is.
Yes, which is why Petey should get the Chrom treatment and serve as Daisy's Final Smash instead. Who knows, the fans might even start shipping the two because she likes flowers while Petey loves greenery. :troll:

NNID
Samyatang
This is going to sound very weird and a bit petty, but this whole "Princess Daisy being in Smash" ordeal has taken a toll on my sanity. Like, it's been giving me a lot of anxiety. I constantly wonder "is she going to be in Smash or not?" Then I reflect on how it'll be if she DOESN'T get in as DLC...which again, flares up my anxiety. Perhaps this whole thing gives me anxiety because I've been supporting her for two years (and I kid you not, I've talked about her at least once a day, every day for the past two years.) So I want her in, not for the sake of playing as her and proving the haters wrong, but for the sake of my sanity. 0.0

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is going to sound very weird and a bit petty, but this whole "Princess Daisy being in Smash" ordeal has taken a toll on my sanity. Like, it's been giving me a lot of anxiety. I constantly wonder "is she going to be in Smash or not?" Then I reflect on how it'll be if she DOESN'T get in as DLC...which again, flares up my anxiety. Perhaps this whole thing gives me anxiety because I've been supporting her for two years (and I kid you not, I've talked about her at least once a day, every day for the past two years.) So I want her in, not for the sake of playing as her and proving the haters wrong, but for the sake of my sanity. 0.0
I'm sure most of us had been there before in our lives when it came to Smash speculation. We can either be sad for a day after a character is deconfirmed or even grow more anxious because that character would have to wait for a long time. Take D-iera for example and how he's been anti-Sakurai just because of his reasons for why Ridley would never be playable.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It kinda made me stop playing Smash 4 altogether, even though it's a great game. It's a game that seperate/ the "cool kids" (fighters) "the freshmen" (assists) and "the rejects" (trophies)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It kinda made me stop playing Smash 4 altogether, even though it's a great game. It's a game that seperate/ the "cool kids" (fighters) "the freshmen" (assists) and "the rejects" (trophies)
Ridley being the reject and Dark Samus as the freshman? I've thought of something that won't keep me from laughing for the day. :laugh:

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Is it BECAUSE of the anti-Daisy fans that you have this built up anxiety, and the strong need to prove them wrong? I've been down that road before...

I always hear, "She's just a Peach clone," "She's not even a main character, even in the spin-offs," "She's annoying," "She has no personality," yada, yada, yada...yeah, cool story, bro.

Back then, I wanted nothing more than to prove those nay-sayers wrong, feeling that this whole situation has gone beyond me, just being a Daisy fan. The ULTIMATE comeback was to just have Daisy confirmed as a character, rather than just playing as Daisy's stunt double (Peach with Daisy's costume), but it was just a dream of mine.

Later on, I managed to settle down about the whole thing. If Daisy DOES get confirmed, then this whole thing will be monumental, having conquered all odds to warrant a spot on the roster. If Daisy does NOT get confirmed, then oh well...Daisy's too cool for Smash, anyway.

So, the best advice I can give to you, from one hardcore Daisy fan to another, is to just stay positive. Be proud of who you've chosen to be your favorite character, and don't let any Daisy hater, or apologist put you on a guilt trip, just for mentioning Daisy and Smash in the same sentence. I say this because, one day, I'm optimistic enough that Princess Daisy WILL move up the totem pole, and eventually be featured in a newer and positive light. So, be strong, my friend.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
She's my 3rd most wanted character in after Cooking Mama and Magicarp
You know, I've also wanted Cooking Mama in Smash too since she's just one of those third party choices that are so wacky that it suits the games (Given the idea of a lethal chef is fantastic). Not to mention she has huge history with Nintendo if we look at the release of every main Cooking Mama game and spinoff (Gardening Mama, Science Papa, ect).

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
You know, I've also wanted Cooking Mama in Smash too since she's just one of those third party choices that are so wacky that it suits the games (Given the idea of a lethal chef is fantastic). Not to mention she has huge history with Nintendo if we look at the release of every main Cooking Mama game and spinoff (Gardening Mama, Science Papa, ect).
OMG I'm the owner of the support thread... come support us.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I agree.

Well, wouldn't it be logic that, if Luigi's princess is getting support because Mario's princes is already in, the same would go to Luigi's arch-enemy since Mario has his?

Also, about the shipping... Should I say it or should I not? (As you may know, I'm against most "official" shippings, thus I'm often trying to prove them wrong)... I'll say my list either way:
:4mario: x Daisy (sorry, fans of the "official" :4mario: x :4peach: and :4luigi: x Daisy shippings, but my logic tells me that Mario is mostly annoyed at the thought of having to save the poor, innocent princess MORE THAN A THOUSAND TIMES in the future)
:4link: x :4zelda: (Totally agree with this one, though)
King Boo x :rosalina: (status-wise, this is more possible than Waluigi x :rosalina: or :4luigi: x :rosalina: or even :4mario: x :rosalina:, considering both King Boo and :rosalina: are immortal, since :rosalina: can live more than a thousand years without actually dying)

Actually, I'm OK with him as long as he doesn't steal Daisy, King Boo or even Captain Toad's spotlight... If he does steal either of their spotlights, though, I'll reject him, similarly to how I rejected :4greninja: when he was announced)
Dude, you are not serious are you? I am a die-hard Luigi/Daisy fan(As if I have not made it obvious already XD) and that is not changing anytime soon, but I in now way think that this is canon, I am a fan of the pairing, not a fan boy who thinks that just because his favorite couple is heavily implied and hinted means it's canon, if that is what you ship then fine, nobody here will judge or hate you for it keep in mind that this is a support thread not a shipping thread.

And Azure, sorry for this but I can't continue an administrator because for the last three weeks I had to go on errands on a sudden notice, mostly things for my aunt, sometimes I take 30 minutes and others up to 2 hours and at the end of the day I have little to no time to myself, so I rather tell you know than for you to find out that I have not been administrating be angry at me, I'll still support you guys here and other ways possible but until my aunt starts making a reasonable recovery, not much than that. I am truly sorry.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And Azure, sorry for this but I can't continue an administrator because for the last three weeks I had to go on errands on a sudden notice, mostly things for my aunt, sometimes I take 30 minutes and others up to 2 hours and at the end of the day I have little to no time to myself, so I rather tell you know than for you to find out that I have not been administrating be angry at me, I'll still support you guys here and other ways possible but until my aunt starts making a reasonable recovery, not much than that. I am truly sorry.
I can understand this and there's no need for overworking. Since there are some personal favors that you have to do for your aunt, it's best to just leave it WeirdChillFever since family always comes first. Just take your time and focus on the more important things in life. ;)

It's only a matter of time until a certain stubborn old man give us the network that we need since E3 is coming soon. By the way, I've recently shared video that a fan on the Facebook page made and hope that they do their part on the spreading. I haven't watched it yet, but I have the feeling that it was @StarCrystal20's from earlier.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I can understand this and there's no need for overworking. Since there are some personal favors that you have to do for your aunt, it's best to just leave it WeirdChillFever since family always comes first. Just take your time and focus on the more important things in life. ;)

It's only a matter of time until a certain stubborn old man give us the network that we need since E3 is coming soon. By the way, I've recently shared video that a fan on the Facebook page made and hope that they do their part on the spreading. I haven't watched it yet, but I have the feeling that it was @StarCrystal20's from earlier.
Thank you very much! I thought that you would be angry with me, I'll go and take a look at the video then.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Thank you very much! I thought that you would be angry with me, I'll go and take a look at the video then.
"Leave it to me!"

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
A parallel version of Zelda? ... Sorry, but no. I don't want a "cliché backstory" character in Smash.

I WANT DAISY IN JUST TO SPAM THE "HIIII, I'M DAAAAIIIISSSYY" TAUNT
We all do, we all do. :awesome:
Yea, we all do (even me, despite my sanity). I've been wanting to spam it everyday just to annoy the haters, naysayers and trolls.

"Leave it to me!"
Is it wrong that I read this in Alfonzo's voice? :p
Exactly as planned.
On the other hand, is it wrong I read that first quote in Tails's voice? (Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog 2, I meant)

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I'm sure most of us had been there before in our lives when it came to Smash speculation. We can either be sad for a day after a character is deconfirmed or even grow more anxious because that character would have to wait for a long time. Take D-iera for example and how he's been anti-Sakurai just because of his reasons for why Ridley would never be playable.
Is it BECAUSE of the anti-Daisy fans that you have this built up anxiety, and the strong need to prove them wrong? I've been down that road before...

I always hear, "She's just a Peach clone," "She's not even a main character, even in the spin-offs," "She's annoying," "She has no personality," yada, yada, yada...yeah, cool story, bro.

Back then, I wanted nothing more than to prove those nay-sayers wrong, feeling that this whole situation has gone beyond me, just being a Daisy fan. The ULTIMATE comeback was to just have Daisy confirmed as a character, rather than just playing as Daisy's stunt double (Peach with Daisy's costume), but it was just a dream of mine.

Later on, I managed to settle down about the whole thing. If Daisy DOES get confirmed, then this whole thing will be monumental, having conquered all odds to warrant a spot on the roster. If Daisy does NOT get confirmed, then oh well...Daisy's too cool for Smash, anyway.

So, the best advice I can give to you, from one hardcore Daisy fan to another, is to just stay positive. Be proud of who you've chosen to be your favorite character, and don't let any Daisy hater, or apologist put you on a guilt trip, just for mentioning Daisy and Smash in the same sentence. I say this because, one day, I'm optimistic enough that Princess Daisy WILL move up the totem pole, and eventually be featured in a newer and positive light. So, be strong, my friend.
Is it wrong that I'm still very positive about her chances, yet I still get that same feeling?

Dude, you are not serious are you? I am a die-hard Luigi/Daisy fan(As if I have not made it obvious already XD) and that is not changing anytime soon, but I in now way think that this is canon, I am a fan of the pairing, not a fan boy who thinks that just because his favorite couple is heavily implied and hinted means it's canon, if that is what you ship then fine, nobody here will judge or hate you for it keep in mind that this is a support thread not a shipping thread.
As much as my logic isn't easily breakable, I have to say I still understand your opinion. As long as you are just a fan (and not a fanboy), I'm OK with it. What I hate are the die-hard fanboys who even dare to call it the only possible Daisy pairing, but not the simple fans who just enjoy it (even the die-hard ones, as long as they're not fanboys and as long as they can understand my opinion).

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
A parallel version of Zelda? ... Sorry, but no. I don't want a "cliché backstory" character in Smash.

Yea, we all do (even me, despite my sanity). I've been wanting to spam it everyday just to annoy the haters, naysayers and trolls.

On the other hand, is it wrong I read that first quote in Tails's voice? (Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog 2, I meant)
Not the way it was meant, but now I see why you heard it that way.
I can't unhear it now.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Is it wrong that I'm still very positive about her chances, yet I still get that same feeling?

As much as my logic isn't easily breakable, I have to say I still understand your opinion. As long as you are just a fan (and not a fanboy), I'm OK with it. What I hate are the die-hard fanboys who even dare to call it the only possible Daisy pairing, but not the simple fans who just enjoy it (even the die-hard ones, as long as they're not fanboys and as long as they can understand my opinion).
One of the things my parents have taught me is to respect others, want respect? Earn it, that is one of the things I have learned in my short life so far and how you treat others is how you are going to be treated.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I honestly think she at the very least deserves a full-on alt. I am however fairly open to the idea of a unique Daisy as long as she's not for whatever reason a Peach clone anyway.

I love many Mario characters. Admittedly Yoshi, Toad and Luigi have always been my three favourites, but I like plenty of other non Smash playables too; Nabbit, Waluigi and yes; Daisy.

I am not however keen on Geno at all. If Geno gets in before Toad(or Captain Toad), Daisy and Waluigi at the very least something has gone horribly horribly wrong.

I am shocked however that Petey was topping the Mario crew in that poll.
A full Daisy alt would definitely be enough justice for her(I feel they mocking her with that insulting pallete swap), but if she could make it as her own character with an original moveset even better, and as for Captain Toad while I am not a fan of him, I would definitely accept him with open arms with enough time.(As long its not Geno.)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
While I'm still hoping to see Daisy getting through the ballot, I think there's one thing that won't ever sway me away from her, which is her constant prominence in all the Mario-spinoffs to date.

Seeing fellas like Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr. disappear from games like MK8 (gladly back to M&S Rio though) was a massive bummer - yet gladly I can still count on having Daisy as my go-to-character to take on Mario-sports and much more overall. And with them doing crazier and more fun things than ever before (DLC), it's had me have very sweet memories with Daisy and a place to go to when taking a break from Smashing.

She's still under most of the popular chars though since the time Rosalina cemented herself as more popular and beloved by fan and Nintendo's devs alike. We better keep on going raising our voices to turn their heads on Daisy being plain spin-off fodder.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
A full Daisy alt would definitely be enough justice for her(I feel they mocking her with that insulting pallete swap), but if she could make it as her own character with an original moveset even better, and as for Captain Toad while I am not a fan of him, I would definitely accept him with open arms with enough time.(As long its not Geno.)
Honestly, as long as Daisy gets the Koopalings or Alph treatment I'll be delighted. When we discovered such alts were a thing I felt for sure Daisy should of been honoured at bare minimum in this way.

I would definitely recommend everyone here to try and at least rent the Treasure Tracker game(or borrow from a friend even). Whilst not everyone's cup of tea, and a little easy at the beginning, as a puzzle game it is strangely charming and addicting as it turns up the difficulty level.

If you Daisy fans ever get the chance to try it, by all means drop by the Captain Toad thread and tell me what you think. Even if you didn't care for it it'd be great to hear your views on this unusual Mario series title.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Honestly, as long as Daisy gets the Koopalings or Alph treatment I'll be delighted. When we discovered such alts were a thing I felt for sure Daisy should of been honoured at bare minimum in this way.

I would definitely recommend everyone here to try and at least rent the Treasure Tracker game(or borrow from a friend even). Whilst not everyone's cup of tea, and a little easy at the beginning, as a puzzle game it is strangely charming and addicting as it turns up the difficulty level.

If you Daisy fans ever get the chance to try it, by all means drop by the Captain Toad thread and tell me what you think. Even if you didn't care for it it'd be great to hear your views on this unusual Mario series title.
The only puzzle game I enjoyed was the Ace Attorney series as a whole, and it was all because the music and plot and idea were just plain perfect in my opinion. I'm not ready to try the Treasure Tracker game, since it first appeared in Super Mario 3D World, one of the Wii U games I hate the most due to the Cat Suit being the worst idea for a power-up in my opinion (Tanooki Leaf? Fine. Frog Costume? Fine. Cat Suit APPEARING WAY LATER THAN THE PREVIOUS TWO?! ... No way in hell). As I've said on one of my Smack Jeeves comments, I hate most Wii U games, and that includes, of course, Splatoon and Super Mario 3D World... but I think I'll try Treasure Tracker when I'll get the chance, but I'm not gonna pay it. I'll be fine with it if someone offered me it, though, and I've got ABSOLUTELY nothing against Captain Toad. Sure, he's one of Daisy's concurrence, but the worst (Waluigi) is already out of the question for Smash 4 DLC (but not Smash 5, which is why I'm letting his fans go crazy with the Ballot).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The only puzzle game I enjoyed was the Ace Attorney series as a whole, and it was all because the music and plot and idea were just plain perfect in my opinion. I'm not ready to try the Treasure Tracker game, since it first appeared in Super Mario 3D World, one of the Wii U games I hate the most due to the Cat Suit being the worst idea for a power-up in my opinion (Tanooki Leaf? Fine. Frog Costume? Fine. Cat Suit APPEARING WAY LATER THAN THE PREVIOUS TWO?! ... No way in hell). As I've said on one of my Smack Jeeves comments, I hate most Wii U games, and that includes, of course, Splatoon and Super Mario 3D World... but I think I'll try Treasure Tracker when I'll get the chance, but I'm not gonna pay it. I'll be fine with it if someone offered me it, though, and I've got ABSOLUTELY nothing against Captain Toad. Sure, he's one of Daisy's concurrence, but the worst (Waluigi) is already out of the question for Smash 4 DLC (but not Smash 5, which is why I'm letting his fans go crazy with the Ballot).
I'm a tiny bit confused. Why exactly did you hate the cat suit? Because it was new?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I still have to buy that game soon, had it on my mind soon as summer break came for me. The only real obstacle getting in my way is having to take care of the usual late credit card bills because of some people not doing their part of the bargain. :rolleyes:

I will probably ask my girlfriend to borrow her copy of the game for the weekend. She did let be have the first Senran Kagura game about a week ago since she wanted to prove that it's a fun game despite the blatant fanservice. Surprisingly enough, I was less negative with the franchise after getting some enjoyment out of the game.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
While I'm still hoping to see Daisy getting through the ballot, I think there's one thing that won't ever sway me away from her, which is her constant prominence in all the Mario-spinoffs to date.

Seeing fellas like Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr. disappear from games like MK8 (gladly back to M&S Rio though) was a massive bummer - yet gladly I can still count on having Daisy as my go-to-character to take on Mario-sports and much more overall. And with them doing crazier and more fun things than ever before (DLC), it's had me have very sweet memories with Daisy and a place to go to when taking a break from Smashing.

She's still under most of the popular chars though since the time Rosalina cemented herself as more popular and beloved by fan and Nintendo's devs alike. We better keep on going raising our voices to turn their heads on Daisy being plain spin-off fodder.
Her not having an Amiibo yet is starting to become more apparent. Especially in Yoshi's Woolly World.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't do this.
Don't make me finally give into Amiibos.
Because Waluigi and an ACTUAL Wario Amiibo would make me do it.
Good good, let the Amiibo craze flow through you. :troll:

I would be excited for the Super Mario Amiibo too if Waluigi AND Daisy were available.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yet we got Dark Pit, Dr Mario and Samus in high heels.

Top Bottom