• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wow. Daisy tied with Waluigi and beat Captain Toad? Captain Toad, of all people?! Part of me wants to say that the Toad fans were unaware of this, but another part of me says they were and we came through.
Expecting Captain Toad to be the most requested Mario character? TOO BAD! Waluigi Time! :troll:

The fact that two Mario characters who were prominent in spinoffs are getting this much support tells me that people are aware of the minimal representation they get in terms of playable characters (Peach's Side Smash, Junior/Koopalings Clown Cart, ect).

Burruni

Smash Hero
Expecting Captain Toad to be the most requested Mario character? TOO BAD! Waluigi Time! :troll:

The fact that two Mario characters who were prominent in spinoffs are getting this much support tells me that people are aware of the minimal representation they get in terms of playable characters (Peach's Side Smash, Junior/Koopalings Clown Cart, ect).
Or the fact that the long-established spin-off king and queen have more potential and interest than the first time a Toad has gotten any specification.... and it's by losing the ability to jump.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Spin-offs King and Queen? Is this one of the reasons some fans ship Waluigi and Daisy together despite evidence of negative interaction and the obvious hints that Daisy loves Luigi and vice-versa?

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I don't normally do shipping. I believe in Mario/Peach and Luigi/Daisy, however. I was thinking about Waluigi the other day and I thought it would be hilarious if Rosalina dated him since he's... kinda her opposite. Whatever. Rosalina/Waluigi for life! ;D

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I don't normally do shipping. I believe in Mario/Peach and Luigi/Daisy, however. I was thinking about Waluigi the other day and I thought it would be hilarious if Rosalina dated him since he's... kinda her opposite. Whatever. Rosalina/Waluigi for life! ;D
The first two are clear as water even if Nintendo has not said they are canon. And for the third one opposites attract I guess.(Hah! Was forgetting that this is exactly the case for Luigi/Daisy.)

Last edited:

Nyuu

Smash Rookie
Hi. I would like to be added to the list of supporters, please. I voted for Daisy for the Smash ballot, and I would like to see her get in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hi. I would like to be added to the list of supporters, please. I voted for Daisy for the Smash ballot, and I would like to see her get in.
As you wish, you are now on our ever sprouting list. We all hope that Daisy would one day join Smash and the Smash Ballot makes her inclusion very possible as long as her fanbase gives her that massive push. Enjoy your stay and feel free to discuss anything about her here. ;)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
She has two kids. Both are seen. Mia is HINTED at by people talking about a Priestess from Ymil.

She just got tossed aside despite being a more beloved character than Sheba & Piers combined =/
How sad. I ship Isaac x Mia anyway and that is enough for me. Has anybody around here watch Death Battle! if so what would you think of Peach vs Daisy in a Death Battle scenario?

I think Peach has superior magic power and status ailments, but Daisy is faster and physically stronger and tougher and perhaps more athletic.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How sad. I ship Isaac x Mia anyway and that is enough for me. Has anybody around here watch Death Battle! if so what would you think of Peach vs Daisy in a Death Battle scenario?

I think Peach has superior magic power and status ailments, but Daisy is faster and physically stronger and tougher and perhaps more athletic.
One of Daisy's feats include punching Bowser in Mario Party 3. So she stomps Peach hands down.

Knowing the Death Battle crew, they would measure the amount of force required to push an 8 feet tall Koopa into the air to measure her monster strength in the end.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
One of Daisy's feats include punching Bowser in Mario Party 3. So she stomps Peach hands down.

Knowing the Death Battle crew, they would measure the mount of force required to push a 8 feet tall Koopa into the air to measure her monster strength in the end.
Yep. The most recent episode Solid Snake vs Sam Fisher was awesome! And they say Luigi is a coward, yet he does not back down of being with Daisy.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Oh, um, sorry for asking this again, but there's only one winner for the Smash ballot? Like, say, Isaac or some other character can get second place in terms of votes and not get into the game? Sorry, I forgot about the range of ballot results. I thought they looked at the top fighters and decide what's best for them (like a full-on Daisy alt for Peach...)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Oh, um, sorry for asking this again, but there's only one winner for the Smash ballot? Like, say, Isaac or some other character can get second place in terms of votes and not get into the game? Sorry, I forgot about the range of ballot results. I thought they looked at the top fighters and decide what's best for them (like a full-on Daisy alt for Peach...)
No. Iwata specifically said to help us choose FighterS to be DLC, He then followed that this list would also be used as a reference for some decisions in future Smash title(s).

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
No. Iwata specifically said to help us choose FighterS to be DLC,
Exactly. And I am holding on to the hope of believing that more than one Ballot DLC, why would they host the Ballot for so much just for one character? Then again they might want to get as much votes as possible to use as reference for Sma5h.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
No. Iwata specifically said to help us choose FighterS to be DLC, He then followed that this list would also be used as a reference for some decisions in future Smash title(s).
Oh, great! I was worried they would cut it off at one new fighter. That would be such a waste of the ballot, in my opinion.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Dude, I SO wished Zelda would've won that battle against Peach!:mad: Not only because I like Zelda more than Peach, also because Zelda shows some actual skill with a sword, light arrows, etc. Instead of just standing there, and getting abducted, she at LEAST fights alongside Link!

And real talk, my girlfriend and I always have this conversation. It's been over twenty years of Peach getting kidnapped by Bowser. I'd figure by now that Peach should at least show some resistance and fight back. She can't fool me; why don't she just deploy those fabulous powers of hers? I mean, if Daisy can defend herself, then I'm pretty sure Peach can, too.

Unfortunately, though, this is the same woman who's triumphed over Zelda in Deathbattle. Perhaps, at the time, Zelda didn't have enough sources to work off of, while Peach had a multitude of sources from those spin-off games. But, oh well...I just hate to see one of my favorite characters to go out like this...:sadeyes: To me, Zelda is just more edgy than Peach is, and I'm drawn to edgy characters; even Daisy is no exception to that rule, either.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Something I thought I should share this...

http://lucarioshirona.deviantart.co...m-Rosalina-for-to-join-the-Olympics-538240735

And well, in case the images get removed, here are them.

[collapse="Fyi, these doesn't show Rosalina but just to show these leaked images does exist"]View attachment 55498 View attachment 55499 View attachment 55500 [/collapse]
Don't know if the leak is legit, the images are real all right but as for Rosie being in or not let's just wait and see if she is. And besides, why do some Rosalina fans worry? We know that she is pretty much a shoe in the main series anyway even if she apparently has no role plot wise in the first place(Puzzles and Dragons Mario Bros Edition.), on the other hand us Daisy fans are always on the edge of our seat hoping that Nintendo does not forget about her, but seeing how things are working out I say they are definitely listening to us.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Wow. Daisy tied with Waluigi and beat Captain Toad? Captain Toad, of all people?! Part of me wants to say that the Toad fans were unaware of this, but another part of me says they were and we came through.
I'm afraid we didn't. This is the first I've heard of this.

Also the first time I've been on this thread!

Hello Daisy fans, how're our fellow Mario series fans doing? Thought I'd extend an olive branch of (hopefully) mutual respect as the leader of the Captain Toad thread.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Hello Daisy fans, how're our fellow Mario series fans doing? Thought I'd extend an olive branch of (hopefully) mutual respect as the leader of the Captain Toad thread.
Not much had been happening, but we were just speculating on more Mario & Sonic stuff (guaranteed that there's a chance we won't hear more about it next week). While Rosalina is still up in the air for inclusion, I'm still hoping for at least one Toad representative to be playable whether it's the Captain or Toadette.

There's plenty of room for more support and I'll be honored to have a fellow Captain Toad supporter within our branch. We all want the same thing (A Mario DLC character) and we're practically close allies as long as Geno isn't involved.

If you're still curious about the results, I'll just leave him here. From what I can tell, plenty of Mario characters are involved from Waluigi to King Boo.

http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ballot-poll-week-4-results-over-1-000-responses.404636/

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Apparently they are doing a seperate Smash Bros DLC presentation at 7.40am Pacific......

It must be big enough to warrant its own space! Disappointment HYPE INBOUND!

(It's probably Roy and Ryu, but I hope they'll mention something about alternate costumes.)
Might as well post this here then.

SuperSegaSonicSS said:
...Oh god dammit.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/607910067447472129

So, yeah...Expect something revealed before E3 I guess guys.

EDIT: More news. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/event/e3_2015/index.html

View attachment 55527

DLC content confirmed revealed and released on the directs day as well.

EDIT: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkJ-Xncng

Seems to be about the Lucas DLC, but in case more may be more from the Direct, still going to share the date for people to know about it.

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice

Hi! What are your thoughts on Daisy in Smash? Would you want her in as a separate character or a full-on alt for Peach like Alph? I would prefer her as an alt for now.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Hi! What are your thoughts on Daisy in Smash? Would you want her in as a separate character or a full-on alt for Peach like Alph? I would prefer her as an alt for now.
I honestly think she at the very least deserves a full-on alt. I am however fairly open to the idea of a unique Daisy as long as she's not for whatever reason a Peach clone anyway.

Not much had been happening, but we were just speculating on more Mario & Sonic stuff (guaranteed that there's a chance we won't hear more about it next week). While Rosalina is still up in the air for inclusion, I'm still hoping for at least one Toad representative to be playable whether it's the Captain or Toadette.

There's plenty of room for more support and I'll be honored to have a fellow Captain Toad supporter within our branch. We all want the same thing (A Mario DLC character) and we're practically close allies as long as Geno isn't involved.

If you're still curious about the results, I'll just leave him here. From what I can tell, plenty of Mario characters are involved from Waluigi to King Boo.

http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ballot-poll-week-4-results-over-1-000-responses.404636/
I love many Mario characters. Admittedly Yoshi, Toad and Luigi have always been my three favourites, but I like plenty of other non Smash playables too; Nabbit, Waluigi and yes; Daisy.

I am not however keen on Geno at all. If Geno gets in before Toad(or Captain Toad), Daisy and Waluigi at the very least something has gone horribly horribly wrong.

I am shocked however that Petey was topping the Mario crew in that poll.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I honestly think she at the very least deserves a full-on alt. I am however fairly open to the idea of a unique Daisy as long as she's not for whatever reason a Peach clone anyway.

I love many Mario characters. Admittedly Yoshi, Toad and Luigi have always been my three favourites, but I like plenty of other non Smash playables too; Nabbit, Waluigi and yes; Daisy.

I am not however keen on Geno at all. If Geno gets in before Toad(or Captain Toad), Daisy and Waluigi at the very least something has gone horribly horribly wrong.

I am shocked however that Petey was topping the Mario crew in that poll.
Well the piranha is more iconic according to some people :psycho:

Daisy could be an alt, as she has the same proportions as Peach. In Mario Kart Wii, she had the same animations as Peach. In Mario Kart 8, she got unique animations. It could be a Smash 64 "Luigi" situation, where she is an outright full clone, but has her own slot (I would be OK with this)

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
You know what @ Extremmefan Extremmefan , we'll just drop this silly argument right here and now. I'm already dealing with enough stupidity in my very household over last minute graduations and more family conflicts at parties. Better be lucky that the yoga treatment is teaching me to hold in all signs of anger and to keep a calm mind. There's a reason why I'm slowly starting to consider hanging over my girlfriend's house for a while. -_-
I agree.

@Mikegamer0608 seen the results and they do look pretty plausble. LOL at King Boo getting so much support since it shows that we are running out of good Mario characters to support with Waluigi out of the picture. I'll be keeping an eye on that thread to see how the results would change at a weekly rate. :laugh:
Well, wouldn't it be logic that, if Luigi's princess is getting support because Mario's princes is already in, the same would go to Luigi's arch-enemy since Mario has his?

Also, about the shipping... Should I say it or should I not? (As you may know, I'm against most "official" shippings, thus I'm often trying to prove them wrong)... I'll say my list either way:
:4mario: x Daisy (sorry, fans of the "official" :4mario: x :4peach: and :4luigi: x Daisy shippings, but my logic tells me that Mario is mostly annoyed at the thought of having to save the poor, innocent princess MORE THAN A THOUSAND TIMES in the future)
:4link: x :4zelda: (Totally agree with this one, though)
King Boo x :rosalina: (status-wise, this is more possible than Waluigi x :rosalina: or :4luigi: x :rosalina: or even :4mario: x :rosalina:, considering both King Boo and :rosalina: are immortal, since :rosalina: can live more than a thousand years without actually dying)

I'd totally be okay with Petey joining.
I'd main him.
Actually, I'm OK with him as long as he doesn't steal Daisy, King Boo or even Captain Toad's spotlight... If he does steal either of their spotlights, though, I'll reject him, similarly to how I rejected :4greninja: when he was announced)

Last edited:
Top Bottom