• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/mysteriousmurasamecastlenazonomurasamejo/sheet/19426/

Takamaru does have a few sprites.
I get it if there's not enough to work with but he at least has something.
If I may ask, what is that triple project exactly?

And yeah, I'm not shipping anyone either unless it's canon or the characters have more similarities than just "They're both tall and single" (Waluigi + Rosalina)

I don't ship very much in general, as the couples in the games I play are either very obvious or canon.
... YOU WANT ME TO USE THOSE FOR, WHAT, TWO OR THREE PANELS?! TWO OR THREE PANELS ARE NOT EVEN A "Bob & George styled" COMIC PAGE LONG (I use that style of sprite comics, it's four panels long)!
Also that "triple project" has been mentioned a few pages ago. It's actually three different projects that are being being planned and/or created at the same time, both three on the same subject, Smash Bros:
- A sprite comic (on Smack Jeeves), that is separated into multiple books (which would represent certain video-game universes' chapters), that would then end with a last book on the history of Smash Bros games.
- A MUGEN compilation (characters + stages + OST + screenpack = MUGEN compilation)
- A RPG (made on RPG Maker XP), that I will share on a certain RPG Maker forum.
(Also, most of the sprite comic will be 16-bit styled, so... I'm afraid I'll have some problems with the sprites you gave me. Sure, some characters will be in 8-bit, but not OUTSIDE their respective universe's book)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So much salt because someone had an opinion on Pichu? And I thought the silly arguments my parents had were this bad. :rolleyes:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Our bad XD. New question then: You think the fact that Daisy was in that art book means that they have started to listen to us fans?
The book itself is rather recent if we can see a Yokai Watch ad on that CoroCoro issue. Nintendo makes new art for the Mario cast all the time and this is no exception. Maybe it could mean that they are having more "proper service" for the Daisy fans this generation.

In others news, I've seen another E3 leak from 4Chan and it had Super Princess Peach 2. Again, it could be fake like many other leaks since there are details about it that might seem off (A 2D Metroid with Anthony as Player 2, a new CluClu Land game, ect).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
The book itself is rather recent if we can see a Yokai Watch ad on that CoroCoro issue. Nintendo makes new art for the Mario cast all the time and this is no exception. Maybe it could mean that they are having more "proper service" for the Daisy fans this generation.

In others news, I've seen another E3 leak from 4Chan and it had Super Princess Peach 2. Again, it could be fake like many other leaks since there are details about it that might seem off (A 2D Metroid with Anthony as Player 2, a new CluClu Land game, ect).
Hope so. If that leak turned out to be true, I really wish Daisy is player 2.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I remember.
When I was younger.
I drew up the skeleton for a Super Princesses RPG spin-off/sequel to the likes of Superstar Saga and Partners in Time.
Would anyone actually want me to ramble about the basis of this idea and what I remember?

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I remember.
When I was younger.
I drew up the skeleton for a Super Princesses RPG spin-off/sequel to the likes of Superstar Saga and Partners in Time.
Would anyone actually want me to ramble about the basis of this idea and what I remember?
If you want to, go ahead, I am pretty sure more than one of us would like to hear your ideas.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I remember.
When I was younger.
Sure you can, would be interesting to know what ideas you have. :)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Mario & Luigi ? : Royal Revolution

Basically, the game would open with the two Princesses calmly sharing tea over yet another fight between Bowser and the Mario Bros., in that kind of slapstick humor the M&L RPGs were iconic for.

The entertainment to the small relaxation is cut short when a laser fires down through the roof of the castle and turns the three powerful icons of the Mushroom Kingdom into statues, to be collected as trophies by a new, highly-technological villain (though, in hindsight, this would've been a great revival for Tatanga) and gives Princess Peach a deadline to hand over the crown to the Kingdom before the invader crushes it, knowing that his only three real threats are removed.

After a meeting with some characters such as Toadsworth and E. Gadd, the decision is made (namely due to Daisy's brashness) to take the fight to the invader and strike them down while they arrogantly wait for a white flag that will never be waved.

The world, admittedly, was fairly linearly set up on the overall trek to a newly claimed Bowser's Castle but would have themed towns for the "worlds," and the main levels would unlock multiple shortcuts to allow you to go to and fro without that much backtracking. While the two Princesses would retain the typical jump of the series, their "Melee" options would be different. Peach would have her Parasol which functioned quite similar to the normal hammer but Daisy would have god-tier slaps, more akin to Peach in SMRPG.

The first "World" was going to be your normal grassy hills area, and I think it had the typical Goomboss kind of opening boss. Across this Peach would open up to her Specials "tree," which namely would be various special forces thing with Toads... ironically what kinda ended up being Bowser's specials in BIS

World 2, was basically a giant jungly greenhouse. Daisy would awaken to various Flora Flashy special attacks, going from simple fire flowers to Phiranna plants and what not. The boss, I remember spending a while crafting. Flower Child. Ironically it could be described as a cross-breed of Petey Phirana, Roselia, and arguably O2. It would basically start off looking like an innocent child made of vines, roses and what not with a large skirt. After getting it damaged enough, it would switch into Phase 2 where the boss would fall over and the skirt would reveal the true face of the boss like a massive venus fly trap.

World 3 was another reusing of Yoshi's Island because I friggin love the place. The boss was effectively a little goon riding a massive T-Rex kind of creature that would be effectively unreachable until a resident Yoshi would creep up to to the top of the fighting arena, causing the Princesses to have to reflect attacks for the Yoshi to turn into eggs and knock off the Rider in order for the Princesses to wail on for a while before returning to the defensive approach.

I stopped some time around there.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I wanna interest you guys in a little story about me at Subway.

So, I walked into Subway, wearing a Mango Nation T Shirt, and the guy at the counter seemed to like me shirt, and so I told him what the shirt REALLY meant and said that Mango is one of the best Melee players in the world, and the guy behind the counter told me that he was a casual player. Next thing you know, we talked about Smash while he was completing my order, and brought up various topics.

Finally, we got to the subject of Sonic reps. He wanted Knuckles while I wanted Shadow. He told me that Shadow would just be a clone of Sonic, and right then, I explained to him why he wouldn't be a clone, and so, we quickly moved on to Tails as a potential character. He mentioned his Final Smash being that he hops into his Tornado in mecha form (pretty much like Wario's Final Smash) and so I asked him, "Why not just start the battle with the Tornado?" He then proceeds to answer, "We already have a character like that in the game." So I fire back, "Yeah? We also have a character like Marth, we also have a character like Pit, and we also have a character like Mario. So, why the heck not?"

At that point, I could tell that he didn't wanna talk about Smash with me any further, seeing how he hurried with my order and hastily checked me out at the register. And afterwards, no further words, so I just headed home. This whole experience was funny, though, so after I got home, I just wanted to share it will all of you.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Best songs they could use for Daisy's DLC trailer:
This song is perfect if Daisy is going to have a sporty move set, since this song encompasses two different very prominent spin off series. It would be a good song if Daisy got in wearing her sports outfit.

or

This song is very energetic and playful, and would be perfect for a Daisy DLC trailer as well. I guess this song could work for sporty Daisy as well, but hearing this song makes me imagine Daisy in her regular princess dress.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

Basically, the game would open with the two Princesses calmly sharing tea over yet another fight between Bowser and the Mario Bros., in that kind of slapstick humor the M&L RPGs were iconic for.

The entertainment to the small relaxation is cut short when a laser fires down through the roof of the castle and turns the three powerful icons of the Mushroom Kingdom into statues, to be collected as trophies by a new, highly-technological villain (though, in hindsight, this would've been a great revival for Tatanga) and gives Princess Peach a deadline to hand over the crown to the Kingdom before the invader crushes it, knowing that his only three real threats are removed.

After a meeting with some characters such as Toadsworth and E. Gadd, the decision is made (namely due to Daisy's brashness) to take the fight to the invader and strike them down while they arrogantly wait for a white flag that will never be waved.

The world, admittedly, was fairly linearly set up on the overall trek to a newly claimed Bowser's Castle but would have themed towns for the "worlds," and the main levels would unlock multiple shortcuts to allow you to go to and fro without that much backtracking. While the two Princesses would retain the typical jump of the series, their "Melee" options would be different. Peach would have her Parasol which functioned quite similar to the normal hammer but Daisy would have god-tier slaps, more akin to Peach in SMRPG.

The first "World" was going to be your normal grassy hills area, and I think it had the typical Goomboss kind of opening boss. Across this Peach would open up to her Specials "tree," which namely would be various special forces thing with Toads... ironically what kinda ended up being Bowser's specials in BIS

World 2, was basically a giant jungly greenhouse. Daisy would awaken to various Flora Flashy special attacks, going from simple fire flowers to Phiranna plants and what not. The boss, I remember spending a while crafting. Flower Child. Ironically it could be described as a cross-breed of Petey Phirana, Roselia, and arguably O2. It would basically start off looking like an innocent child made of vines, roses and what not with a large skirt. After getting it damaged enough, it would switch into Phase 2 where the boss would fall over and the skirt would reveal the true face of the boss like a massive venus fly trap.

World 3 was another reusing of Yoshi's Island because I friggin love the place. The boss was effectively a little goon riding a massive T-Rex kind of creature that would be effectively unreachable until a resident Yoshi would creep up to to the top of the fighting arena, causing the Princesses to have to reflect attacks for the Yoshi to turn into eggs and knock off the Rider in order for the Princesses to wail on for a while before returning to the defensive approach.

That sounds like a cool game idea. I wish Nintendo came up with ideas like this..

And speaking of Nintendo games, I REALLY hope the E3 Super Princess Peach 2 rumor is true.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
....I was hoping for a few comments on my Peach & Daisy RPG thing that like 10 year old Burru made up =P
My bad, was in the middle of working on that "Lark for Smash" poster for @smashkirby and I've worked hard to remove all the extra characters to make him the central character.

Anyways, the idea itself seems like exactly how I would think of it. From Daisy being the more psychical fighter than Peach to a bigger threat than Bowser (one with technology at his command) being the main antagonist. Some of the world ideas you had down for it was pretty cool, especially having to explore Yoshi's Island again to fight the lovechild of 02. I actually wouldn't mind that being the real Super Princess Peach 2 is that leak really isn't just a half***ed attempt at being legit.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
That sounds like a cool game idea. I wish Nintendo came up with ideas like this..

And speaking of Nintendo games, I REALLY hope the E3 Super Princess Peach 2 rumor is true.
My bad, was in the middle of working on that "Lark for Smash" poster for @smashkirby and I've worked hard to remove all the extra characters to make him the central character.

Anyways, the idea itself seems like exactly how I would think of it. From Daisy being the more psychical fighter than Peach to a bigger threat than Bowser (one with technology at his command) being the main antagonist. Some of the world ideas you had down for it was pretty cool, especially having to explore Yoshi's Island again to fight the lovechild of 02. I actually wouldn;t mind that being the real Super Princess Peach 2 is that leak really isn't just a half***ed attempt at being legit.
xD Just, people liked it and I didn't know what was good and what not about it.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
....I was hoping for a few comments on my Peach & Daisy RPG thing that like 10 year old Burru made up =P
My apologies, man. I really like the idea of a Peach and Daisy working together to take on a new foe that isn't Bowser. The Daisy slapping, though, even god-tier, I really see her more bare knuckle than slapping, imo. What I DO like about it, even though the game is all about the princesses, I like how it pays homage to past titles, such as the Yoshi's Island stages in world 3.

Just let us know if you expanded on this idea of yours because, I'm dying to hear what you can bring to the table.

Burruni

Smash Hero
My apologies, man. I really like the idea of a Peach and Daisy working together to take on a new foe that isn't Bowser. The Daisy slapping, though, even god-tier, I really see her more bare knuckle than slapping, imo. What I DO like about it, even though the game is all about the princesses, I like how it pays homage to past titles, such as the Yoshi's Island stages in world 3.

Just let us know if you expanded on this idea of yours because, I'm dying to hear what you can bring to the table.
A) 10 year old me.
B) Princess Daisy as interpreted by 10 year old me shortly after Partners in Time came out. Daisy's Brashness was limited to just Gamecube Strikers. xD
C) I may do a kind of continuation of this skeletal situation for the other 5 worlds and give some more depth to like what the towns would be.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Did you guys see the Week 4 smash ballot results? Daisy has moved from not even on the list to spot 15 in 2 weeks! The support for her may be out there!

I really hope she makes it in. I was playing it last night and the roster feels so empty without her... It really felt that way

What's this talk of Daisy at E3 rumors/ "leaks"?

Thank you! ^_^

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Did you guys see the Week 4 smash ballot results? Daisy has moved from not even on the list to spot 15 in 2 weeks! The support for her may be out there!

I really hope she makes it in. I was playing it last night and the roster feels so empty without her... It really felt that way

Thank you! ^_^
Could this really be a sign of things to come? I definitely hope so! It's been over 25 years of Daisy's presence, and it's about time she's seen in a much better role.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice

Good stuff! Although the World 2 boss having... something come out of its skirt is awkward.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Good stuff! Although the World 2 boss having... something come out of its skirt is awkward.
Well, it was more that the skirt would reveal being more like a "mane" for the real head of the creature. The torso, arms, and head of phase 1 were a kind of camo kind of misdirection.

Edit: Most likely would end up looking like Cractus from WL4

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Haha I personally like the skirt idea. It is very strange yet unique, similar to Mimi's scary transformation in Super Paper Mario.

Thank you! ^_^
The only "Daisy" rumor is that on 4Chan, someone apparently posted a list of games which will be shown during E3, and one of the game listed was "Super Princess Peach 2 (3DS)". I'm not sure if this is true (I effin' hope it is though), but if there is going to be a Super Princess Peach sequel, there is a 99% chance that Daisy and Rosalina will be playable. Everyone is thinking that. If the game actually does become real and only Peach and Rosalina are playable, however, then I will cry.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Well, it was more that the skirt would reveal being more like a "mane" for the real head of the creature. The torso, arms, and head of phase 1 were a kind of camo kind of misdirection.
Oh, whoops. Didn't think of that.

Haha I personally like the skirt idea. It is very strange yet unique, similar to Mimi's scary transformation in Super Paper Mario.

The only "Daisy" rumor is that on 4Chan, someone apparently posted a list of games which will be shown during E3, and one of the game listed was "Super Princess Peach 2 (3DS)". I'm not sure if this is true (I effin' hope it is though), but if there is going to be a Super Princess Peach sequel, there is a 99% chance that Daisy and Rosalina will be playable. Everyone is thinking that. If the game actually does become real and only Peach and Rosalina are playable, however, then I will cry.
I'm not one to trust E3 leaks. They usually miss important games (like Splatoon) or are more specific than the game actually is (like with Starfox).

(...Imagine if they actually said this:
"Peach and Rosalina are both playable in this adventure starring a dual mechanic between the two girls. But what if there were more friends for Peach and Rosalina? Well, guess what? Here is Peach and Rosalina's long-lost friend, playable for the first time: Pauline!")

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Thank you! ^_^
Can I see a source for the first part? Just curious.

If that is the case, I'm glad the fans are coming in full throttle to support her in the ballot. I would even want to see how the results are in comparison to Captain Toad and
Waaaaaaa.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
... YOU WANT ME TO USE THOSE FOR, WHAT, TWO OR THREE PANELS?! TWO OR THREE PANELS ARE NOT EVEN A "Bob & George styled" COMIC PAGE LONG (I use that style of sprite comics, it's four panels long)!
Also that "triple project" has been mentioned a few pages ago. It's actually three different projects that are being being planned and/or created at the same time, both three on the same subject, Smash Bros:
- A sprite comic (on Smack Jeeves), that is separated into multiple books (which would represent certain video-game universes' chapters), that would then end with a last book on the history of Smash Bros games.
- A MUGEN compilation (characters + stages + OST + screenpack = MUGEN compilation)
- A RPG (made on RPG Maker XP), that I will share on a certain RPG Maker forum.
(Also, most of the sprite comic will be 16-bit styled, so... I'm afraid I'll have some problems with the sprites you gave me. Sure, some characters will be in 8-bit, but not OUTSIDE their respective universe's book)
Yeah, I already had an inkling that these four sprites weren't enough.
And the Triple Project sounds like much work, especially the RPG.
I can help with ideas if you want.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Can I see a source for the first part? Just curious.

If that is the case, I'm glad the fans are coming in full throttle to support her in the ballot. I would even want to see how the results are in comparison to Captain Toad and
Waaaaaaa.
Well the developers ARE Bandai Namco Games. The same people who shamelessly replaced Daisy with Pac-Man in the Mario Kart Arcade Games.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Oh, whoops. Didn't think of that.

I'm not one to trust E3 leaks. They usually miss important games (like Splatoon) or are more specific than the game actually is (like with Starfox).

(...Imagine if they actually said this:
"Peach and Rosalina are both playable in this adventure starring a dual mechanic between the two girls. But what if there were more friends for Peach and Rosalina? Well, guess what? Here is Peach and Rosalina's long-lost friend, playable for the first time: Pauline!")
This actually doesn't seem too far fetched....

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Yeah, I already had an inkling that these four sprites weren't enough.
And the Triple Project sounds like much work, especially the RPG.
I can help with ideas if you want.
Got enough ideas alone, but thanks anyway.

Just ignore Extremmfan, he thinks that any character that is used in sprite comics are relevant enough to be in Smash. Yet a character like Wii Fit Trainer makes his argument null and void.
Can't do any supporting work without them, so... Also, Wii Fit Trainer is a special case. (WFT was unexpected by many, and hated by most of said "many", remember? ... That's why, the "unexpected" potential, plus the Wii's popularity makes WFT a possible and/or viable candidate, plus moveset potential, even with small holes in it like the specials). Also, a large number of anything CAN make a difference, can't it? (Add that to the fact that if a "drawn comic" maker had the idea to use the same character as one of the main characters CAN shows that there's quite the popularity following said character.)

Wow, you did quite the story there! That looks SO good and detailed and everything! And it (mostly) fits with the universe's physics! ... I'm surprised I hadn't come up with that idea before you did.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
This actually doesn't seem too far fetched....
Don't think so. If this was before the Ballot then I would have totally agreed with you,the demand Daisy is starting to have there is starting to become too much to simply ignore.(Same goes for all the other Mario reps but Captain Toad is a no brainer, Who knows what will they do with Waluigi, and I think you all know the answer with Paper Mario and Geno.)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know what @ Extremmefan Extremmefan , we'll just drop this silly argument right here and now. I'm already dealing with enough stupidity in my very household over last minute graduations and more family conflicts at parties. Better be lucky that the yoga treatment is teaching me to hold in all signs of anger and to keep a calm mind. There's a reason why I'm slowly starting to consider hanging over my girlfriend's house for a while. -_-

NNID
Samyatang
Eh...So I just found out that there's an event called "Crystal Smash!" in Smash Run...very well, then. (*sniff* THAT'S SALT AND LEMON JUICE ON AN OPEN WOUND. IT BURNS, I TELL YA. IT BURNS.)

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Eh...So I just found out that there's an event called "Crystal Smash!" in Smash Tour...very well, then. (*sniff* THAT'S SALT AND LEMON JUICE ON AN OPEN WOUND. IT BURNS, I TELL YA. IT BURNS.)
Funny, I've just got done with three agonizing Smash Tour matches just to unlock that Ridley trophy. The AI for these computers are even tougher than your average Mario Party opponents.

What was the Crystal Smash event about?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dang it, I said Smash Tour...I meant Smash Run. xD I always get those two modes mixed up for some reason.
Now I remember, it's that challenge where you had to smash every crystal in a secret room. Haven't played Snash Run in a while since every Custom Move was unlocked on my copy of Smash 3DS.

Can't really real if intentional or just a coincidence. But I doubt that has any effect on Daisy's chances.

@ Mikegamer0608 Mikegamer0608 seen the results and they do look pretty plausble. LOL at King Boo getting so much support since it shows that we are running out of good Mario characters to support with Waluigi out of the picture. I'll be keeping an eye on that thread to see how the results would change at a weekly rate. :laugh:

Top Bottom