• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Burruni

Smash Hero
I found out that there are four empty slots in the Smash 4 websites for characters. Since there were two Mario's in the data (placeholder) and Roy and Ryu are practically confirmed at this point....this leaves only two slots.

At this point I'm just hoping for at least 8 alternate costumes for Peach.
This type of thing has been brought up and shot down at least 3 times in the NORMAL GAME discussion.

Like when we were going to get 4 characters available only once the WiiU version went live and that is why there were gaps in the 3DS CSS.

The ONLY difference between that time and this one is that it's the first time that both Mobile and Main layouts both have the same gap (7x5 & 5x7)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
People are still using the "X Slots Left on the Website" theory?

Can't tell if really desperate or straw grasping. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the "slots left on the website" theory is null and void when you consider the ipod version of the site. It would take a ridicously large number of DLC characters to fit both versions without spare slots.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah, the "slots left on the website" theory is null and void when you consider the ipod version of the site. It would take a ridicously large number of DLC characters to fit both versions without spare slots.
As we just said... the mobile version and the main version BOTH have 4 slots left.
But only because it's 7x5 and 5x7, this is the one time that the two have crossed.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
As we just said... the mobile version and the main version BOTH have 4 slots left.
I'm so confused. Doesn't this SUPPORT the theory of 6 DLC characters along with the data found? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Pre-release, we didn't have any data found in the game do determine characters. Now that the game is out, we do.....

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm so confused. Doesn't this SUPPORT the theory of 6 DLC characters along with the data found? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Well, it does support the 6 DLC, but how you said it was like "there is only 6 DLC".

Plus, support or not, it's still proven that the slots doesn't matter :p

Something can be supporting and wrong!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
My hope for the 4 remaining DLC..

To be honest though, I really don't want Ryu or Roy. I only added them because I believe the rumor is true.

Attachments

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I believe Roy is in, but Ryu is just a front for another 3rd party character, who's music can't be added in the hidden files without changing the credits.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I believe Roy is in, but Ryu is just a front for another 3rd party character, who's music can't be added in the hidden files without changing the credits.
...His sound file IS from a composer, from capcom, that's already in the credits.
There's nothing is to change.

Pre-release, we didn't have any data found in the game do determine characters. Now that the game is out, we do.....
No. It's straw grasping.

The "Main" layout for the website is squares 7 at a time.
For the Mobile layout, the squares are 5 at a time.
Congratulations, we're at the time that both happen to be intersecting. The 5th cycle for the main layout and 7th for the mobile layout.
It's happenstance. A coincidence.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My hope for the 4 remaining DLC..

To be honest though, I really don't want Ryu or Roy. I only added them because I believe the rumor is true.
To be honest, I'd really prefer Daisy as the pre-ballot choice over Toon Zelda and Pichu (especially that yellow abomination).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Same.

And umm, small typo, I think it's the 16th it happens, not 18th. I keep getting that mixed up. xD

Either way, expect it within 2 more weeks.
Got it. Looking forward to it.

And what are your thoughts on shipping in general if its not too much to ask?

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I would LOVE LOVE if Daisy was a Pech alt, butI highly doubt Daisy will become an alt because she would have to have flower effects in her attacks, and show pics of Daisy in her Final Smash instead of Peach and also orange boarders. Alternate costumes do not have special effect changes or Final Smash changes. If you look at all of the alt characters in the game, no one has a special effect changes. Not the Koopalings, not Alph, none.

She would either have to be separate in the form of a a clone, a semi-clone, or have an entirely unique move set.

If she did become an alt, here is my idea.
ALL PEACH COSTUMES
First 8 costumes: Peach (dress)
Next 8: Peach (sports outfit)
Next 8: Daisy (dress)
Next 8: Daisy (sports outfit)

So in total, she would have 32 costumes, with the other 8 sets being DLC of Peach in her sports outfit, Daisy in her dress, and Daisy in her sports outfit.

I know 32 costumes sounds like a lot but I feel like a lot of characters will get a lot of alternate costumes by then. Haha I can dream.

OR, if that's too excessive, then just:
Default 8 costumes: Peach (dress)
8 DLC alt costumes: Daisy (sports outfit or golf dress)

So in total, Peach would get 8 and Daisy would get 8, giving Peach a total of 16.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
The only problem with Peach's sports attire is that her dress is used for an attack in the game (down Smash)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I would LOVE LOVE if Daisy was a Pech alt, butI highly doubt Daisy will become an alt because she would have to have flower effects in her attacks, and show pics of Daisy in her Final Smash instead of Peach and also orange boarders. Alternate costumes do not have special effect changes or Final Smash changes. If you look at all of the alt characters in the game, no one has a special effect changes. Not the Koopalings, not Alph, none.

She would either have to be separate in the form of a a clone, a semi-clone, or have an entirely unique move set.

ALL PEACH COSTUMES

So in total, she would have 32 costumes, with the other 8 sets being DLC of Peach in her sports outfit, Daisy in her dress, and Daisy in her sports outfit.

I know 32 costumes sounds like a lot but I feel like a lot of characters will get a lot of alternate costumes by then. Haha I can dream.

So in total, Peach would get 8 and Daisy would get 8, giving Peach a total of 16.
While i don't mind Daisy being a clone(just wanna play as her!), the Smash community overall are going to hate her just because of " She is just a Peach clone! No more clones!"

HanAmes

Smash Ace
The only problem with Peach's sports attire is that her dress is used for an attack in the game (down Smash)
Hmm?? I thought it was her legs underneath the dress.

ALL PEACH COSTUMES

And Daisy really doesn't strike me as a person who would slap people, pluck turnips out the ground, and hide a Toad in her dress. A tennis racket and a golf club: maybe. A frying pan: probably not. Just sayin'.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Hmm?? I thought it was her legs underneath the dress.

And Daisy really doesn't strike me as a person who would slap people, pluck turnips out the ground, and hide a Toad in her dress. A tennis racket and a golf club: maybe. A frying pan: probably not. Just sayin'.
The "In your face, rough style" to be exact. And picking turnips is not as weird as people make it see, she is after all the princess of plants and flowers.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
omg omg omg where is this beautiful artwork from??? oh gosh I am getting excited.. new Daisy game????

EDIT: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww it turns out it's all from a Mario art book. http://it-started-to-rain.tumblr.com/post/120790281084

Got me thinking it was Super Princess Peach 2..
No surprise, that Mario coloring book ought to include all of the Mario mainstays. The lack of Wario and DK though is understandable since they only wanted to stick to characters that are prominent in the Mario games and didn't have their own games to appear in.

If it was a new game however, I'd imagine them using 3D art as opposed to the Classic Mario 2D art. With E3 coming up, I am interested to see what Mario plans they have in store for us other than the previously announced Rio Olympics and Mario Maker.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
No surprise, that Mario coloring book ought to include all of the Mario mainstays. The lack of Wario and DK though is understandable since they only wanted to stick to characters that are prominent in the Mario games and didn't have their own games to appear in.

If it was a new game however, I'd imagine them using 3D art as opposed to the Classic Mario 2D art. With E3 coming up, I am interested to see what Mario plans they have in store for us other than the previously announced Rio Olympics and Mario Maker.
Hopefully something in which Daisy is prominent.

Does anybody know if Wally appears in that art book? If not then I guess Nintendo only sees him as a spin-offs only character.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Hopefully something in which Daisy is prominent.

Does anybody know if Wally appears in that art book? If not then I guess Nintendo only sees him as a spin-offs only character.
They didn't even include Wario......

When I saw that new official art, I hurriedly translated it.

Peach 2D artwork. Also never even seen Daisy

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
They didn't even include Wario......

When I saw that new official art, I hurriedly translated it.

Peach 2D artwork. Also never even seen Daisy
Then I guess this tells us that only the most relevant characters in the series are in that art book. And Wario has his own series.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

ALL PEACH COSTUMES

So THIS is why Lucina and Dr.Mario were separated! Dr. Mario only has a few changes to the moveset in the form of vitamins. But Wireframe Mac has completely different sound files. Then again so do the Koopalings....

Maybe it's the way the game engine handles alt costumes that made Daisy a difficult choice (it takes around five minutes to do palette swaps).

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
To be honest, I'd really prefer Daisy as the pre-ballot choice over Toon Zelda and Pichu (especially that yellow abomination).
1. (About the whole "yellow abomination") You're gonna have trouble with that guy from Club Penguin who has a similar username to mine (except with a "1" in front of it).
2. (About my choices) ...Isn't Pichu's supposed to be cute? ... There, now try to imagine ANY girl that could call him something horrible! ... It's hard to imagine Daisy NOT thinking Pichu's cute (despite personality difference between Daisy and an average video-game girl), so your character preferences and hates clashes between each others. Also, Pichu is the "4th most wanted" on my list (after Daisy, Viridi, and Prince Fluff), so if you don't think he's cute, then I'm afraid I'm NOT gonna add a DK part for the aforementioned "triple project" (just because of your hatred towards Pichu and your K Rool support). Also, I'm sorry, but characters that doesn't have sprites on the Spriter's Ressource WON'T have a spotlight in the "triple project" either (so no Takamaru either!), because "sprite comics" is part of the "triple project" (and there can't be sprite comics without sprites!).

And what are your thoughts on shipping in general if its not too much to ask?
... If done correctly, I enjoy shippings (but I'm afraid it's not the case for most official shippings). Considering the presence of logic is VERY needed in ANY world (in my opinion), I'll only enjoy shippings that have a logical reason behind them.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
1. (About the whole "yellow abomination") You're gonna have trouble with that guy from Club Penguin who has a similar username to mine (except with a "1" in front of it).
2. (About my choices) ...Isn't Pichu's supposed to be cute? ... There, now try to imagine ANY girl that could call him something horrible! ... It's hard to imagine Daisy NOT thinking Pichu's cute (despite personality difference between Daisy and an average video-game girl), so your character preferences and hates clashes between each others. Also, Pichu is the "4th most wanted" on my list (after Daisy, Viridi, and Prince Fluff), so if you don't think he's cute, then I'm afraid I'm NOT gonna add a DK part for the aforementioned "triple project" (just because of your hatred towards Pichu and your K Rool support). Also, I'm sorry, but characters that doesn't have sprites on the Spriter's Ressource WON'T have a spotlight in the "triple project" either (so no Takamaru either!), because "sprite comics" is part of the "triple project" (and there can't be sprite comics without sprites!).

... If done correctly, I enjoy shippings (but I'm afraid it's not the case for most official shippings). Considering the presence of logic is VERY needed in ANY world (in my opinion), I'll only enjoy shippings that have a logical reason behind them.
A common misconception in the Mario shipping community is that they think Mario x Peach and Luigi x Daisy is official, this is wrong because Nintendo has not said anything of the sort, but considering all the hints and proof throughout the games that is probably their way of telling us it is.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/mysteriousmurasamecastlenazonomurasamejo/sheet/19426/

Takamaru does have a few sprites.
I get it if there's not enough to work with but he at least has something.
If I may ask, what is that triple project exactly?

And yeah, I'm not shipping anyone either unless it's canon or the characters have more similarities than just "They're both tall and single" (Waluigi + Rosalina)

I don't ship very much in general, as the couples in the games I play are either very obvious or canon.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Whoa, I'd never thought that Pichu fans would be lurking among us! Oh Mii, oh my. :laugh:

Would have liked him more if he wasn't given such a terrible playstyle in Melee. I mean, what type of developer would think a fighter with a self damaging mechanic was a good idea? Probably the same one who thought having a joke character with healing properties in his slash attacks and damaging attacks that also hurt himself (Hanataro) was so lols-worthy in a certain subpar Bleach game. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Whoa, I'd never thought that Pichu fans would be lurking among us! Oh Mii, oh my. :laugh:

Would have liked him more if he wasn't given such a terrible playstyle in Melee. I mean, what type of developer would think a fighter with a self damaging mechanic was a good idea? Probably the same one who thought having a joke character with healing properties in his slash attacks and damaging attacks that also hurt himself (Hanataro) was so lols-worthy in a certain subpar Bleach game. :rolleyes:
Actually, I think if you look close enough, Pichu's attacks seem to have MUCH (in my opinion) better knockback than Pika's attacks in SSBM. Heck, I personally even play as Pichu much more than Pika because of that. Also, because he is so gosh-darn adorable, it's crazy.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Actually, I think if you look close enough, Pichu's attacks seem to have MUCH (in my opinion) better knockback than Pika's attacks in SSBM. Heck, I personally even play as Pichu much more than Pika because of that. Also, because he is so gosh-darn adorable, it's crazy.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Pichu_(SSBM)
A few better points but overall a straight-up inferior version of Pikachu. A joke character by design.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/mysteriousmurasamecastlenazonomurasamejo/sheet/19426/

Takamaru does have a few sprites.
I get it if there's not enough to work with but he at least has something.
If I may ask, what is that triple project exactly?

And yeah, I'm not shipping anyone either unless it's canon or the characters have more similarities than just "They're both tall and single" (Waluigi + Rosalina)

I don't ship very much in general, as the couples in the games I play are either very obvious or canon.
And yet Wally x Rosie has a decent amount of fans.....
And judging by what Azure told me, more than Waluigi x Daisy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom