• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Yet we got Dark Pit, Dr Mario and Samus in high heels.
Dark Pit: At least it wasn't twice as cliché as a simple parallel world, since it was only a mirror.
Dr Mario: ... I don't see what's cliché with him.
ZSS: Only possible new Metroid rep at the time of Brawl. Also, if she was "cliché", she would have a stupid/clumsy personality, like how most people describe the "blonde woman" stereotype (no sexism intended).

I'm a tiny bit confused. Why exactly did you hate the cat suit? Because it was new?
Tanooki and Frog suits were actually fitting in SMB3, and even so, I could excuse the lack of ideas for power-ups since they didn't have as much information and details about the rest of the world as they've got now. However, I thought that they knew that another animal-based power-up was a terrible idea by now, and I was just proven wrong by Cat Suit, which also shows signs of "lack of ideas" (clearly, a cat as a power-up?! ... That's worse than Tanookis or even Frogs, because a cat is literally a PET animal, therefore it CAN be quite pacifist)

We also have a dark demon lord (Gannypoo) and a blonde pretty boy warrior (Link). That's as cliche as any character can get. :awesome:
Ganondorf: ... Incarnation of bad itself, so it's pretty normal, if you ask me (plus, most villains are like that, so it isn't very important).
Link: As much as you may say that, there's also another hero who is kind of an appearance counterpart to Link, and that is Pit. Also, appearance doesn't matter that much, I'm talking about backstory.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Dark Pit: At least it wasn't twice as cliché as a simple parallel world, since it was only a mirror.
ZSS: Only possible new Metroid rep at the time of Brawl. Also, if she was "cliché", she would have a stupid/clumsy personality, like how most people describe the "blonde woman" stereotype (no sexism intended).

Tanooki and Frog suits were actually fitting in SMB3, and even so, I could excuse the lack of ideas for power-ups since they didn't have as much information and details about the rest of the world as they've got now. However, I thought that they knew that another animal-based power-up was a terrible idea by now, and I was just proven wrong by Cat Suit, which also shows signs of "lack of ideas" (clearly, a cat as a power-up?! ... That's worse than Tanookis or even Frogs, because a cat is letteral

Ganondorf: ... Incarnation of bad itself, so it's pretty normal, if you ask me (plus, most villains are like that, so it isn't very important).
Link: As much as you may say that, there's also another hero who is kind of an appearance counterpart to Link, and that is Pit. Also, appearance doesn't matter that much, I'm talking about backstory.
I actually agree with you *insert mindblow gif here*
Hilda is pretty much "muh im evil. And you. And from a different world you never knew you existed but is actually kinda big and powerful in magic"

As for the cat-suit, I can get why you're sick of the "animal power-ups", but to me it was a fun power-up just because of the platforming possibilities it gave (and it made Toad finally cute.)

I just don't get why you consider Frog Suit and Tanooki Leaf fitting and Cat Suit not.

Cloud Flower was probably the best power-up in Mario History, with Penguin Suit being the fun one (slide slide slippy slide all day)

Nyuu

Smash Rookie
I think one of the biggest reasons why Daisy hasn't appeared as the alt is Peach's float ability. I don't believe Daisy can float in the air. If they did put her in as an alt to Peach, I wonder how much they would change. I would much rather have her in as her own character because of all the differences between her and Peach.

On a side note, I was looking at the Nintendo E-shop on my 3DS and I saw Daisy's picture used for the "Recommended for you" button. It's a little thing, and maybe I'm looking way too into something so small, but maybe it's showing that Nintendo's listening to us? Again, probably reading too much into it.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I think one of the biggest reasons why Daisy hasn't appeared as the alt is Peach's float ability. I don't believe Daisy can float in the air. If they did put her in as an alt to Peach, I wonder how much they would change. I would much rather have her in as her own character because of all the differences between her and Peach.
Now that I think of it...did Daisy ever float in any game? If she was a "clone" of Peach. I imagine her having many buffs to compensate for the lack of floating ability.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I actually agree with you *insert mindblow gif here*
Hilda is pretty much "muh im evil. And you. And from a different world you never knew you existed but is actually kinda big and powerful in magic"

As for the cat-suit, I can get why you're sick of the "animal power-ups", but to me it was a fun power-up just because of the platforming possibilities it gave (and it made Toad finally cute.)

I just don't get why you consider Frog Suit and Tanooki Leaf fitting and Cat Suit not.

Cloud Flower was probably the best power-up in Mario History, with Penguin Suit being the fun one (slide slide slippy slide all day)
Tanooki leaf: Had the original "floating in the air" idea, before the Cape even came along.
Frgo Suit: First suit to make the Water levels easier. Then Penguin Suit came along.
Penguin Suit: Had the "slide" idea that never appeared in any "main" Mario game before-hand.
Cat Suit: Used the idea of climbing the walls that had cage-like material, while it was already possible to do (in any form) in New Super Mario Bros Wii (although it was only the cage-like materials, but what I've seen of Cat Suit also proves that it only climbs cage-like materials, whereas logic says it was already possible in any form beforehand. In other words, logic clashes with this new power-up, and so does New Super Mario Bros Wii)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Tanooki leaf: Had the original "floating in the air" idea, before the Cape even came along.
Frgo Suit: First suit to make the Water levels easier. Then Penguin Suit came along.
Penguin Suit: Had the "slide" idea that never appeared in any "main" Mario game before-hand.
Cat Suit: Used the idea of climbing the walls that had cage-like material, while it was already possible to do (in any form) in New Super Mario Bros Wii (although it was only the cage-like materials, but what I've seen of Cat Suit also proves that it only climbs cage-like materials, whereas logic says it was already possible in any form beforehand. In other words, logic clashes with this new power-up, and so does New Super Mario Bros Wii)
Cat Suit can actually climb any kind of wall.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Cat suit can climb up any wall... for a certain amount of time.
It also has an aerial attack in the form of the pounce, which is GREAT for maintaining speed through combat when enemies are not placed to where you can just jump on them and a far more reliable melee attack in the swipe instead of trying to use the tanuki tail, but of course not matchable by the range of the fire flower.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The cliche with Dr. Mario is more on the gameplay level of givng a character a different consume and treating it like he's a whole new character. Zero Suit Samus's heels, I got a friend who could rant for hours about that but in short it's the whole woman gets high heels cliche which actually goes against her character and official design documents. And against common sense when you think about it.

Point is, a cliche is no reason for a character to be discounted, and the team have engaged in it before. I better stop before it sounds like I'm supporting Hilda when I put her in as a joke.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Cat Suit can actually climb any kind of wall.
Cat suit can climb up any wall... for a certain amount of time.
It also has an aerial attack in the form of the pounce, which is GREAT for maintaining speed through combat when enemies are not placed to where you can just jump on them and a far more reliable melee attack in the swipe instead of trying to use the tanuki tail, but of course not matchable by the range of the fire flower.
Still a simple improvement over something that already existed (plus, the pounce is actually something very easy to add, unlike the slide).

The cliche with Dr. Mario is more on the gameplay level of givng a character a different consume and treating it like he's a whole new character. Zero Suit Samus's heels, I got a friend who could rant for hours about that but in short it's the whole woman gets high heels cliche which actually goes against her character and official design documents. And against common sense when you think about it.

Point is, a cliche is no reason for a character to be discounted, and the team have engaged in it before. I better stop before it sounds like I'm supporting Hilda when I put her in as a joke.
And, technically, you're changing the subject: I was talking about "cliché backstories", not "cliché design" or "cliché gameplay".

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I remember some Reddit thread that datamined amiibo and found that two more Mario series amiibo were on the way (not including Rosalina, Wario, and DK). Let me find it real quick...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I remember some Reddit thread that datamined amiibo and found that two more Marip series amiibo were on the way (not including Rosalina, Wario, and DK). Let me find it real quick...
Most likely Daisy and WAAAAAAA!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
A parallel version of Zelda? ... Sorry, but no. I don't want a "cliché backstory" character in Smash.
Hmm...I really wouldn't mind a color swap of Hilda as a Zelda alt, if you ask me.
Honestly, as long as Daisy gets the Koopalings or Alph treatment I'll be delighted. When we discovered such alts were a thing I felt for sure Daisy should of been honoured at bare minimum in this way.

I would definitely recommend everyone here to try and at least rent the Treasure Tracker game(or borrow from a friend even). Whilst not everyone's cup of tea, and a little easy at the beginning, as a puzzle game it is strangely charming and addicting as it turns up the difficulty level.

If you Daisy fans ever get the chance to try it, by all means drop by the Captain Toad thread and tell me what you think. Even if you didn't care for it it'd be great to hear your views on this unusual Mario series title.
I'm way ahead of ya! Already own Captain Toad, and I must say that it's a fascinating game!:) Splatoon is pretty fun, too!
Whoa, hello!:love:

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Here it is:
https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/38hwbm/nfc_character_identification_my_findings_on_the/

Okay, I was incorrect. There is extra data suggesting that there will be two more Super Mario series amiibo, but this may also include Rosalina, Wario, or DK. Or something.

Personally, I would prefer if Wave 2 of the Super Mario Bros amiibo series had Rosalina, Daisy, Waluigi, Wario, and

DK.
Or if they had to go with three just make it original outfit Wario, Waluigi and Daisy Seeing the others are already buyable even if they are technically from the Smash series. It's ridiculous that Daisy and Waluihi are playable characters and don't have an amibo which is required for some game modes. Plus, 2 Rosalina's and still no Daisy!? Ugh!

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Or if they had to go with three just make it original outfit Wario, Waluigi and Daisy Seeing the others are already buyable even if they are technically from the Smash series. It's ridiculous that Daisy and Waluihi are playable characters and don't have an amibo which is required for some game modes. Plus, 2 Rosalina's and still no Daisy!? Ugh!
I think Daisy and Waluigi do not appear in Amiibo Party at all.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I think Daisy and Waluigi do not appear in Amiibo Party at all.
Honestly, how hard is it to just have an amiibo for "EVERY" character? It really doesn't seem right to just feature some of the characters; they need to feature all of their characters, because that way, EVERYONE will be happy! Imo, it wouldn't kill them to have an amiibo for every MP10 character, plus, the playable characters in MP10 isn't as big as SSB4, PLUS, it might even help their business, too!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly, how hard is it to just have an amiibo for "EVERY" character? It really doesn't seem right to just feature some of the characters; they need to feature all of their characters, because that way, EVERYONE will be happy! Imo, it wouldn't kill them to have an amiibo for every MP10 character, plus, the playable characters in MP10 isn't as big as SSB4, PLUS, it might even help their business, too!
Where's that amiibo of everyone's favorite long running Mario character, Spike? :troll:

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow ok I totally did. Who is that!? New or totally old revived character? Either way kind of lame. No same par as Daisy
He's the other unlockable player for MP10.
That's why it was relevant

Edit: If you thought I was joking.

Edit: oh ok. Never exognized him. Lat I played was Super Nintendo and I can promise you that is not what he looked like then *2D*

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Oh wow ok I totally did. Who is that!? New or totally old revived character? Either way kind of lame. No same par as Daisy

w
It's the little kappa-like enemies used in Mario 3 that'd barf out spike balls, hold them overhead, and throw them at you.
They got re-used in some slightly more modified forms in the NSMB-U games, 3D Land + World, and as a boss in MP9 before as a playable character in 10.

Here's the concept art for their NES identity.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Well i do like the revived characters like dry bones and birdo as playable (loved dry bones. He'd make the coolest sounds ^ ^

Spike seems alright. I don't mind I he gets an amibo. I wouldn't buy it of course, but come on! Where is Daisy!

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

On a side note, I was looking at the Nintendo E-shop on my 3DS and I saw Daisy's picture used for the "Recommended for you" button. It's a little thing, and maybe I'm looking way too into something so small, but maybe it's showing that Nintendo's listening to us? Again, probably reading too much into it.
Perhaps. This is Nintendo we are talking about, they have shown to listen to their fans if the past, maybe they are taking the slow and steady approach like with Rosalina, but for now I say let's keep making noise and make ourselves be heard!

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I remember they had images for Koopa Troopas, Boo, Bullet Bill, etc. Like you said, it's not that special, but it does show that Nintendo (or NoA, at the very least) knows that she exists.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
HI I'M NOT DAISY!
"Daisy does not approve"... neither does Viridi, Prince Fluff, Pichu, Roy or even King Boo.

Hmm...I really wouldn't mind a color swap of Hilda as a Zelda alt, if you ask me.
Or a Hilda alt for Zelda... Both would be nice either way (since I'm not AGAINST Hilda, I'm giving you a different possibility that wouldn't waste a slot).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I remember they had images for Koopa Troopas, Boo, Bullet Bill, etc. Like you said, it's not that special, but it does show that Nintendo (or NoA, at the very least) knows that she exists.
You do know that Daisy is more popular in the east than here in the west right? That means her chances are slightly better there than here, just hope that if that E3 leak turned out to be true and a SPP 2 is announced, Daisy appears there with a prominent role.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
HI I'M NOT DAISY!
"Daisy does not approve"... neither does Viridi, Prince Fluff, Pichu, Roy or even King Boo.

Or a Hilda alt for Zelda... Both would be nice either way (since I'm not AGAINST Hilda, I'm giving you a different possibility that wouldn't waste a slot).
Darn, I meant a 'Hilda alt for Zelda', my bad...!:facepalm: If Hyrule Warriors could get away with it, then I'm pretty sure Smash can as well.

Well, I'm off to work. See you guys later!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Darn, I meant a 'Hilda alt for Zelda', my bad...!:facepalm: If Hyrule Warriors could get away with it, then I'm pretty sure Smash can as well.

Well, I'm off to work. See you guys later!
That almost looks like the real thing....

Does it still say "Zelda"?

And does anyone have that "Recommended for You" picture?

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
You do know that Daisy is more popular in the east than here in the west right? That means her chances are slightly better there than here, just hope that if that E3 leak turned out to be true and a SPP 2 is announced, Daisy appears there with a prominent role.
Is she really? I remember seeing that from that one poll, but I thought that died out.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I noticed Daisy didn't even get a new render for Mario Party 10 unlike Rosalina and Spike did.

This render looks okay, but it's pretty old.

When browsing her Wikipedia page, I saw something about her being one of the main protagonists of the rubbish live action Super Mario movie.....

Top Bottom