• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I noticed Daisy didn't even get a new render for Mario Party 10 unlike Rosalina and Spike did.

This render looks okay, but it's pretty old.

When browsing her Wikipedia page, I saw something about her being one of the main protagonists of the rubbish live action Super Mario movie.....
Shame on you, we all know that the Super Mario Bros. Movie was a classic and it was special enough ugh to get a rescreening a few years ago. If anything, we should be thankful that Daisy had such a fabulous role before Peach back in the day. :troll:

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
I noticed Daisy didn't even get a new render for Mario Party 10 unlike Rosalina and Spike did.

When browsing her Wikipedia page, I saw something about her being one of the main protagonists of the rubbish live action Super Mario movie.....
At least she's not like Waluigi, destined to use the same render since Mario Party 6 in 2004.

Nyuu

Smash Rookie
That almost looks like the real thing....

Does it still say "Zelda"?

And does anyone have that "Recommended for You" picture?

Were these what you meant? Sorry about the poor quality. My laptop and my 3DS are the only things I have that take pictures.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Were these what you meant? Sorry about the poor quality. My laptop and my 3DS are the only things I have that take pictures.
That reminds me, I ought to prepare to get the Smash DLC and Super Mario Land with my payments soon. Wrriting a 6 page final on Beethoven alone is really worth my little bro having to pay me ten bucks (Or I should really charge him for a full twenty just to take care of some personal business). :evil:

D

Deleted member

I think one of the biggest reasons why Daisy hasn't appeared as the alt is Peach's float ability. I don't believe Daisy can float in the air. If they did put her in as an alt to Peach, I wonder how much they would change. I would much rather have her in as her own character because of all the differences between her and Peach.
I think if she was to Peach how Luigi is to Mario, it would work out fine. She could definitely share a lot of moves, but some different ones would be nice. And I assume she would be faster than Peach?

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
That looks extremely good for 2004 standards. Not like this abomination

Actually in 2004 that Waluigi artwork was the same pale quality as that Peach artwork. They just revamped it for the newer games, such as Mario Party 10.

Original version:

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Ikr, and I believe that Daisy isn't the only one who didn't get a MP10 render. Wario, Waluigi, and DK didn't get one as well; I could be wrong, but I wasn't able to find it.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Ikr, and I believe that Daisy isn't the only one who didn't get a MP10 render. Wario, Waluigi, and DK didn't get one as well; I could be wrong, but I wasn't able to find it.
Favorism on their part I guess. Keep in mind this came out before the ballot, request for Daisy to return to the main series went from nonexistent to sky high in the short time the ballot began, guess fans really know when to make their move as I have never seen so much request for her like that before.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Her Mario Kart 7 render to be exact, its not that old when you look at it. I am a huge fan of the Mario series but even I admit that movie is rubbish, the only thing portrayed correctly in that movie is Luigi and Daisy's relationship, the rest just makes me want to headbutt myself into a wall. I think that we are definitely making progress in the ballot, proof? I like to think the fact that Daisy was included in that drawing art book is one of them, only the most prominent characters in the main series are there, and seeing her there perhaps means that the are starting to consider her for more than just spin-offs, let's keep it up everyone.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Actually in 2004 that Waluigi artwork was the same pale quality as that Peach artwork. They just revamped it for the newer games, such as Mario Party 10.

Original version:
Still looks better that that Peach artwork!

Also, that "Recommended for You" pic screams Mario Party 6 too.

That game will always be remembered for it's renders.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I think that we are definitely making progress in the ballot, proof? I like to think the fact that Daisy was included in that drawing art book is one of them, only the most prominent characters in the main series are there, and seeing her there perhaps means that the are starting to consider her for more than just spin-offs, let's keep it up everyone.
Are you sure? Her appearance on the eShop may be a step forward, but the coloring book seems minor.

We definitely should still support her, though. Honestly, I have no idea how to support this. I don't frequent Tumblr and DeviantArt, and the last time I supported her on Reddit did not go well. I'm going nowhere near GameFaqs. I did get two friends to vote for Daisy on the ballot, though, so there's that.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Are you sure? Her appearance on the eShop may be a step forward, but the coloring book seems minor.

We definitely should still support her, though. Honestly, I have no idea how to support this. I don't frequent Tumblr and DeviantArt, and the last time I supported her on Reddit did not go well. I'm going nowhere near GameFaqs. I did get two friends to vote for Daisy on the ballot, though, so there's that.
The colouring book contains all new artwork not seen beforehand. The eShop thing is from a Mario Party game. Her eyes were a LOT bigger then.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
The colouring book contains all new artwork not seen beforehand. The eShop thing is from a Mario Party game. Her eyes were a LOT bigger then.
Exactly. I have a feeling that had we not voted for her like we did they would have not added her in that art book, and again only the most important characters in the series are there, hence why no Wario, Waluigi, DK and Diddy and had we not requested her so much, no Daisy so there you go.( Dk, Diddy and Wario ger around because they have their own series but Waluigi, well who knows.)

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

You do know there are a huge amount of Daisy fans in DeviantArt and in Tumblr right? That's where a lot of her support comes from, and also explains why there are a lot and I mean a lot of Luigi x Daisy fans, sure there are Mario x Daisy and Waluigi x Daisy fans but they are far over shadowed by the Luigi x Daisy fans.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Exactly. I have a feeling that had we not voted for her like we did they would have not added her in that art book, and again only the most important characters in the series are there, hence why no Wario, Waluigi, DK and Diddy and had we not requested her so much, no Daisy so there you go.( Dk, Diddy and Wario ger around because they have their own series but Waluigi, well who knows.)
There was that mermaid artwork in 2013. And we all know what happened in 2013.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
....I'm confused.
Everyone is basically debating on how Daisy should be getting more publicity from Nintendo through art as signs they care for the character.

Memoryman's point was that Daisy had some original mermaid art with the other princesses and not much happened with the character in terms of getting an expanded role in the games. Then there's the fact that she had little to no Smash support at the time (plus Rosalina's reveal in December).

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Everyone is basically debating on how Daisy should be getting more publicity from Nintendo through art as signs they care for the character.
Memoryman's point was that Daisy had some original mermaid art with the other princesses and not much happened with the character in terms of getting an expanded role in the games. Then there's the fact that she had little to no Smash support at the time (plus Rosalina's reveal in December).
I don't really like having my name said in capitals...

Daisy's support wasn't too good because two princess were considered overkill. Then Rosalina came along....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't really like having my name said in capitals...

Daisy's support wasn't too good because two princess were considered overkill. Then Rosalina came along....
Sorry, made the post pretty brief since I had to challenge a certain someone to Bosconian today. Will think about referring you properly the next time.

Correction, we were technically at that point where her being an alt was the best decision until the final game was released. The ballot is general is the thing that kickstarted every Daisy fan around the corner to be serious about her inclusion in Smash. The fact that no alternate forms/costumes for fighters had been announced yet is another reason for people to bank on her inclusion as DLC (That hopefully should change since the upcoming Smash Direct should cover more than just Lucas and the Miiverse stage).

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Guys! Bowser Jr. has been confirmed for Mario Maker!
Here: https://youtu.be/E3ud-XosuaY

I really hope they make Peach, Rosalina, and Daisy playable somehow. Daisy is a huge stretch, but Peach is a classic Mario character and Rosalina had an 8-bit sprite in SM3DW.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I didn't notice that they the renders... Then again, I'm not paying a lot of attention to it either.
Also, I've bought Super Mario Land on the 3DS eShop, and it was the best Mario game I've ever played. (I've tried Galaxy on my Wii, but I gave up on it, even after adding cheat codes to make it easier. I'm also finding most of the other "main" Mario games boring and/or repetitive, or just too hard for me. Super Mario Land was, by far, the best Mario game I've ever played: It wasn't too hard, it was also fun, original, and had a good character design, epic OST and an original story, unlike some of the others. Even Galaxy's plot is just "Save Princess Peach from Bowser", even with the whole "Big stars are powering the observatory of the comet, and Star Bits make Lumas grow into things" plot idea that was attached to it... No offense intended, fans of the other games, I just prefer Super Mario Land for more obvious reasons)

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Hmmm.. I wonder.. do you think because Waluigi is not playable and is an Assist Trophy instead, do you think that means Daisy cannot become a DLC character because of that? Or is that a bad reasoning?

I just had this thought that Daisy cannot be playable since Waluigi is not playable. I know, it's kind of confusing..

Or is she still a viable contender?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hmmm.. I wonder.. do you think because Waluigi is not playable and is an Assist Trophy instead, do you think that means Daisy cannot become a DLC character because of that? Or is that a bad reasoning?

I just had this thought that Daisy cannot be playable since Waluigi is not playable. I know, it's kind of confusing..

I don't see how does one character that doesn't really relate to Daisy makes her not viable....it's like making Peach non playable makes Mario not possible to be a playable character.

I'm sure Waluigi has nothing to do with Daisy's chances. At best it's just because Sakurai never considered her for a playable role.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I don't see how does one character that doesn't really relate to Daisy makes her not viable....it's like making Peach non playable makes Mario not possible to be a playable character.

I'm sure Waluigi has nothing to do with Daisy's chances. At best it's just because Sakurai never considered her for a playable role.
Well I was thinking that Waluigi being non-playable would not make Daisy be able to get in since they are both already non-playable, and spinoff characters as well, therefore related in a way, and by Daisy becoming DLC it would be odd since she would get in while Waluigi stays as non-playable.

Anyway, I know it didn't make much sense. I still hope Daisy becomes DLC. Haha!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

I wouldn't worry about that. Daisy made it into Mario Kart 7 while Waluigi didn't.

I would worry about the item trophy.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I wouldn't worry about that. Daisy made it into Mario Kart 7 while Waluigi didn't.

I would worry about the item trophy.
That's true.

Also, I don't know if I shared this idea here before (tell me if I did), but I came up with a nice idea to include a lot of playable Mario characters into Smash without them actually taking up any roster space:
A Mario Kart character! The character would drive around in a kart for all of their moves and animations, similar to Bowser Jr. and his Koopa Clown Car.

Hmm.. who would the main costume be? I'd say Toad. Here are his alternate options.

1) Toad
2) Toadette
3) Shy Guy
4) Koopa Troopa
5) Dry Bones
6) Birdo
7) Petey Piranha
8) King Boo

Each character would be sized similarly so that they all have the same collisions and hitboxes. And the kart would take up most of the collisions anyway, so it won't matter too much.

I don't know any move ideas, other than the Up B, which would be Glider.

Which alternate kart character would you use the most? I would pick Birdo and Petey the most.

I did not want to put Daisy or Waluigi on this list, because I'd imagine them as being separate fighters with their own unique move sets.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's true.

Also, I don't know if I shared this idea here before (tell me if I did), but I came up with a nice idea to include a lot of playable Mario characters into Smash without them actually taking up any roster space:
A Mario Kart character! The character would drive around in a kart for all of their moves and animations, similar to Bowser Jr. and his Koopa Clown Car.

Hmm.. who would the main costume be? I'd say Toad. Here are his alternate options.

1) Toad
2) Toadette
3) Shy Guy
4) Koopa Troopa
5) Dry Bones
6) Birdo
7) Petey Piranha
8) King Boo

Each character would be sized similarly so that they all have the same collisions and hitboxes. And the kart would take up most of the collisions anyway, so it won't matter too much.

Which alternate kart character would you use the most? I would pick Birdo and Petey the most.

I did not want to put Daisy or Waluigi on this list, because I'd imagine them as being separate fighters with their own unique move sets.
Sounds like it's going to be too much work for a DLC character, but I wouldn't mind it.

But one thing that would be even better is for Toadette to be an alt for Captain Toad. I guess I'm pretty biased since I'm currently having a blast with the game right now. :p

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Sounds like it's going to be too much work for a DLC character, but I wouldn't mind it.

But one thing that would be even better is for Toadette to be an alt for Captain Toad. I guess I'm pretty biased since I'm currently having a blast with the game right now. :p
After all, they are going to make Ryu from the ground up. So why not just make a Mario Kart character while they're at it? :chuckle:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Bleh. I hate amiibo collecting. I just missed getting the Fire Emblem amiibo on AmiAmi... because I was playing Awakening. Hopefully something else pops up.

If Daisy got an amiibo, would she be crazy to get?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
One interesting quote I found from an old Iwata Asks.

Iwata Asks said:
Iwata:

Motokura-san, why Rosalina?

Motokura:

I was thinking about what would be pleasing after the ending and wanted to bring in another female character in addition to Princess Peach. Rosalina has a huge following among the Super Mario Galaxy fanbase, and she's appeared in Mario Kart recently, so I think she's well known.

Miyamoto:

When Super Mario Galaxy first came out, I was a little hung up on why Rosalina was showing up when Princess Peach was already there. I thought it was fine as long as it was only Super Mario Galaxy, and we made her design so she's a little bigger. But all of a sudden she was a regular character in Mario Kart as just a regular girl, even her size turned to normal
So we can deduct from this that Rosalina was pushed into the main games due to such a large following from fans, and that Daisy was never even considered to appear in main titles.

We. Must. Push. HARDER!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

So we can deduct from this that Rosalina was pushed into the main games due to such a large following from fans, and that Daisy was never even considered to appear in main titles.

We. Must. Push. HARDER!
We are making good progress in the Ballot. And remember this was when most of her fans where okay with how she appeared regularly, but seeing a character that came in recently and getting more attention all of a sudden took its toll on us Daisy fans and seeing Rosie get in Smash before Daisy was the last straw, so that's why as soon as the Ballot was announced the requests for her to return to the main series went from nonexistent to over the roof in the short time the Ballot has been going on.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
That's true.

1) Toad
2) Toadette
3) Shy Guy
4) Koopa Troopa
5) Dry Bones
6) Birdo
7) Petey Piranha
8) King Boo

I'll pick King Boo and Koopa Troopa the most. Also, this:
- Side B: Mushroom: A random mushroom pops out of nowhere and is automatically attached to the kart. If it's a regular Mushroom (which would appear the most often), the kart will be driven forward, and would hit any opponent in the way. if it's a golden Mushroom (is quite rare to appear, though), the kart will be driven forward even faster, to the point of dealing even more damage in the process. If it's a Giant Mushroom (it almost never appears, so it's the hardest to get), the kart will grow in size and have its defense increased, but won't deal that much damage.
- Neutral B: Flower: One of the two possible flowers pop out of nowhere and is automatically attached to the kart. If it's a Fire Flower, it will be the same neutral B than Mario. Same for the Ice Flower (harder to get, though), except it would also freeze the enemy.
- Down B: Banana peel or shell: There's three items that could be attached to the kart. A banana peel who would act similar than Diddy Kong's down B. A green shell (same frequency than banana peel) who would be thrown right in front of the kart, similar to how it act in the Mario Kart games. And a red shell (harder to get) who would automatically aim at an opponent (however, it won't go through walls).
- Everything else can be ripped of Bowser Jr's Koopa Clown Car's attacks, or could be the driver giving punches/jabs and grabbing the opponent to throw him or her in a set direction. (Also, all of the specials are directly ripped off Mario Kart items, minus the Raccoon Tail, Lucky 7, and a few other items)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

We. Must. Push. HARDER!
Miyamoto said Rosalina was big at first and became smaller?

Bowser Ridley confirmed! :troll:

Top Bottom