• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
1. It's a jump with a block below it that dissappears after the jump
2. Yes.
3. Ah, the "one move similar = clone"-card.
Villager plants a tree that acts as a wall.
That's different than planting something that acts as a form of mobility.

And Olimar.
Just.
Why?
1. ... I still can't see it as a jumping animation (up special, maybe, but not jumping animation)... I mean, the closest we have to that is Ness, and at least Ness didn't use something from the outside to jump (psychic ain't from outside)
2. ... ARE YOU FRIGGIN' ********?!
3. ... I didn't meant as a clone (why does everyone takes it that way?!).

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
1. ... I still can't see it as a jumping animation (up special, maybe, but not jumping animation)... I mean, the closest we have to that is Ness, and at least Ness didn't use something from the outside to jump (psychic ain't from outside)
2. ... ARE YOU FRIGGIN' ********?!
3. ... I didn't meant as a clone (why does everyone takes it that way?!).
1. Okay
2. No
3. Then I meant that one move = similiar to the point of not being unique.
Still not a good argument.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Peeking at the Rate Their Chances thread reminds me how tough it is to support the underdog character. I said it once, it's like Sonic's return to form and the Wii U's lack of support. I did get over those two eventually but it takes a toll on you emotionally....

:(:(:(:(:(
Many of their arguments against the 'underdog character' have been about her spin-off only career. If only Daisy had some exposure outside of the party/racing/sport games, then it seems that they may be more open-minded about her.

This is why, in the Daisy Article I wrote, that she needs to branch off into her own series, like DK did, like Wario did, like Yoshi did, and like Toad did. They have their own series in which they're the star, and I desperately want the same for my favorite character Daisy. Maybe then, Nintendo fans would see her in a different light.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
lol

If I may chime in on the matter, just make up an excuse that Capt. Toad learnt jumping from Jumpman. :4mario:

:231:
You should've read the posts before it lol.

I'll edit it in later, it'll make this post all the funnier.

But enough about me: here's me!

I wanted to save my RTC post so here it is:

Time for Ad-Rate-Ure.

Daisy:
Chance: 20%

"Daisy only appears in spin-offs. I, Rosalina, appeared in a main game. Thus I am a main Mario character and relevant"
While Daisy has not appeared in many main Mario games, this doesn't mean she's not a main Mario character.
She appeared in almost every spin-off ever. And when counting these, appearing in most of them is pretty major in and of itself.
Daisy appears in all spin-offs, making her always relevant.

Not only does she appear in most of the spin-offs, she also appears in one of the first, making her have senority while being relevant.

There's no rule that says the spin-offs are inferior to the least major main games.
That's just a fan-rule.

Fact is, Daisy appears more than the rest of the potential candidates, from 90's to now, and has no reason to stop doing that.

Btw, this character probably appeared in more games than your whole top 5 appeared together.
Even King K. Rool dwarfs in comparison to the Flower Princess.

"Daisy has no moveset potential/no clear archetype. I, Rosalina, have spacey stuff and Lumas to work with"
Just like you are just a Space Peach, amirite.

Daisy has a lot of moveset potential for the previous answer given.
Most spin-offs involve special moves and catergories (All-Round, Speed etc.)
Thus we have a very good sense of Daisy's potential and archetype when looking at these.
Looking at it, it seems Daisy has an affinity for Flowers and a speedy and technical character.

Now there's something important to say here:
The moveset is not made by solely taping together the individual special moves.

There are creative liberties to take when making these.
While a basketball dunk is the only recovery move that is a spin-off move, a better fit would be a Petal Tornado or a Flower Glider (Mario Kart 8 or Super Mario Galaxy 2)

Another example is a garden special that, while appearing in Mario Power Tennis, could house different plant-like enemies to damage enemies, or could release pollen, petals and other plant-stuff to hurt the opponent.

Last, but not least, there are a lot of Mario plantpowers that Daisy could use.
There are dozens of flowers that give actual powers, like Fire Flower.
A lot of plant-like enemies, like Nippers.
And there are a lot of flower-based hazards that could be planted over to Daisy's movekit. (Piranha Vines, Petey Piranha)

See, there's a lot to do with both real-life plant physics, or Mario's thousands of plantpowers.

"No new Mario character, it's impossible. Me, Rosalina and the Big Bowser's Kid are enough. Daisy's unneeded."
Just as unneeded as having Bowser Jr. AND you in the base game, right?

The Mario series sell extremely high, being the most selling franchise from Nintendo.

DLC needs to sell on his own, and what's a better solution than selling a Mario character?

As for "reps", Sakurai added two completely unique Mario characters in the base game already.
No stopping him from adding the third.

"She's so filler"
Um, yeah, that's why Daisy appears even on a roster of 10.
She might be filler, but she's a pretty good one as she fills the Mario Spin-Off roster every single time.

BTW, This is a non-argument, everybody could be said to be filler as every character is made to fill a specific role.

Heck, even Mario is a filler character made to fill-in the lack of Popeye in the original.

Ex.
"Um yeah King K. Rool is so filler they just needed a villain"
"Mario is so filler they just needed a jumpguy after popeye didn't do it"
"Luigi so filler, he's only player two"
"Ridley so filler, they just needed more bosses"

"Daisy has no personality, I, Rosalina, am at least always super sad with echoes."
Being always happy and girly and rainbows (Peach), is as much as a personality as a loud and dense tomboy (Daisy)

Want: 100%
I've played a crap-ton of Mario Spin-Offs and Daisy has always been one of my favorites.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
lol

If I may chime in on the matter, just make up an excuse that Capt. Toad learnt jumping from Jumpman. :4mario:

My "heavy backpack is making his jumps almost impossible" point still stands in that case. Even if he learned to jump, wouldn't his trademark backpack weigh him down? (Also, I can't see what attacks he would have. Plus, a normal Toad would represent the Toad species better, so why Captain Toad? ... This isn't logical! :facepalm: Just because he appeared in Galaxy and his own, one and only game doesn't mean he's an iconic character already! :hulk: ... Plus, he's still a Toad, a character that can't even defend himself, even innocently like the :4villager:)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
My "heavy backpack is making his jumps almost impossible" point still stands in that case. Even if he learned to jump, wouldn't his trademark backpack weigh him down? (Also, I can't see what attacks he would have. Plus, a normal Toad would represent the Toad species better, so why Captain Toad? ... This isn't logical! :facepalm: Just because he appeared in Galaxy and his own, one and only game doesn't mean he's an iconic character already! :hulk: ... Plus, he's still a Toad, a character that can't even defend himself, even innocently like the :4villager:)
That's why he has gone on his own adventure to take on a giant bird and a dito dragon.
He can't defend him innocently, he'll do it on purpose. :mean:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My "heavy backpack is making his jumps almost impossible" point still stands in that case. Even if he learned to jump, wouldn't his trademark backpack weigh him down? (Also, I can't see what attacks he would have. Plus, a normal Toad would represent the Toad species better, so why Captain Toad? ... This isn't logical! :facepalm: Just because he appeared in Galaxy and his own, one and only game doesn't mean he's an iconic character already!
Just give him mediocre jumps like Little Mac. I don't see why a few creative liberties can't be taken to make a character more feasible. ROB is a toy - he was given freaking burners and has one of the best recoveries in the game. Rest assured, it can be worked around.

Do you believe that the Yoshi in Smash is just any Yoshi, or the Baby Yoshi from Yoshi's Island DS? I believe in the latter. The regular toad, while everywhere in the Mario series, doesn't offer a whole lot in terms of moveset, while Capt. Toad has a pickaxe and a backpack and an entire game based around him which is enough to draw a proper moveset without needing to improvise much. I don't see a problem with Capt. Toad representing the Toad species - he is a toad, after all. Just give him Toad's trademark strength and speed, and maybe spores. That should be enough.

As for iconicness, well, he's certainly getting a lot of love as of now. Being present in four AAA Mario titles developed by Nintendo EAD is nothing to sneeze at - even Rosalina doesn't have a game of her own. He will be a top candidate for Smash 5. Bank on it.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Just give him mediocre jumps like Little Mac. I don't see why a few creative liberties can't be taken to make a character more feasible. ROB is a toy - he was given freaking burners and has one of the best recoveries in the game. Rest assured, it can be worked around.

Do you believe that the Yoshi in Smash is just any Yoshi, or the Baby Yoshi from Yoshi's Island DS? I believe in the latter. The regular toad, while everywhere in the Mario series, doesn't offer a whole lot in terms of moveset, while Capt. Toad has a pickaxe and a backpack and an entire game based around him which is enough to draw a proper moveset without needing to improvise much. I don't see a problem with Capt. Toad representing the Toad species - he is a toad, after all. Just give him Toad's trademark strength and speed, and maybe spores. That should be enough.

As for iconicness, well, he's certainly getting a lot of love as of now. Being present in four AAA Mario titles developed by Nintendo EAD is nothing to sneeze at - even Rosalina doesn't have a game of her own. He will be a top candidate for Smash 5. Bank on it.

... He's still not iconic! Having a lot of love doesn't mean he's iconic! We haven't seen a character that had the spotlight in ONE RECENT WII U game yet but who's still in Smash! (And don't give me the :4rob:/:4duckhunt: excuse, they're iconic characters of retro games, and don't give me the :4darkpit:/:4lucina:/:4robinm: or :4shulk: excuse either, because they're iconic characters from the 3DS or Wii era and not from the friggin' Wii U era!)

Also, while I agree about the :4yoshi: part, it's only because, while he has a different backstory, he still has the name of his species only, unlike Captain Toad.

Also, while a :4yoshi: can easily be proven to NOT be defenseless, a Toad can't. I can see him using weapons, but I don't think there's enough ways to use said weapons to satisfy the number of normal attacks necessary (such as light punches or kicks, grabs, throws, smash attacks, etc...), let alone the optional ones (like jabs and finishers). (plus, he's not even using a :4miisword:, so no)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
... He's still not iconic! Having a lot of love doesn't mean he's iconic! We haven't seen a character that had the spotlight in ONE RECENT WII U game yet but who's still in Smash! (And don't give me the :4rob:/:4duckhunt: excuse, they're iconic characters of retro games, and don't give me the /:4lucina:/:4robinm: or :4shulk: excuse either, because they're iconic characters from the 3DS or Wii era and not from the friggin' Wii U era!)

Also, while I agree about the :4yoshi: part, it's only because, while he has a different backstory, he still has the name of his species only, unlike Captain Toad.

Also, while a :4yoshi: can easily be proven to NOT be defenseless, a Toad can't. I can see him using weapons, but I don't think there's enough ways to use said weapons to satisfy the number of normal attacks necessary (such as light punches or kicks, grabs, throws, smash attacks, etc...), let alone the optional ones (like jabs and finishers). (plus, he's not even using a :4miisword:, so no)
I did say Smash 5 though. Getting a lot of love can certainly work in your favour, however. :4darkpit: And Capt. Toad did originate in the Wii era too, so there's that.

A pickaxe is good enough as an improvised weapon. Considering it's used to break rocks and ice. Don't underestimate that - they can be deadly in real life. He can't punch, then give him spores, give him turnips, give him a headbutt. It works. Capt. Toad is supposed to be an adventurer and even gives Mario a few stars in the Galaxy games. He's certainly NOT defenceless.

But anyway, this thread is about Daisy, so we should return to that.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I did say Smash 5 though. Getting a lot of love can certainly work in your favour, however. :4darkpit: And Capt. Toad did originate in the Wii era too, so there's that.

A pickaxe is good enough as an improvised weapon. Considering it's used to break rocks and ice. Don't underestimate that - they can be deadly in real life. He can't punch, then give him spores, give him turnips, give him a headbutt. It works. Capt. Toad is supposed to be an adventurer and even gives Mario a few stars in the Galaxy games. He's certainly NOT defenceless.

But anyway, this thread is about Daisy, so we should return to that.

I've always thought of Captain Toad as THE Toad that you see in Mario Kart etc. so techincally....

....Mario lore is so confusing.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I had this idea of a Daisy Side B attack called Flower Catch based on Mario Super Sluggers. Basically, she leaps forward with her baseball glove and if there is a projectile in the way, she will catch it, and later be given the ability to throw it back.
But then again, it is WAY too similar too Vilager's Pocket and Rosalina's Graviational Pull.

As for her Down B move, it should really be Crystal Smash.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I had this idea of a Daisy Side B attack called Flower Catch based on Mario Super Sluggers. Basically, she leaps forward with her baseball glove and if there is a projectile in the way, she will catch it, and later be given the ability to throw it back.
But then again, it is WAY too similar too Vilager's Pocket and Rosalina's Graviational Pull.

We need more fighters with Pocket Moves. I was disappointed when I found out the Mii's don't have any....

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

That Side Special idea isn't that bad since her Smash Tour item allows you to automatically catch items. Her having such an ability would be a neat easter egg and a great way to represent Mario Super Sluggers. She would need great way to sounder those rotten spammers somehow (especially the possible Ryu mains).

We need more fighters with Pocket Moves. I was disappointed when I found out the Mii's don't have any....
Mii Pitcher confirmed. :troll:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987

Daisy and pocket-like move? GENIUS!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
To make sure Daisy's Side B isn't too similar to Rosalina's Down B or Villager's B, after Daisy does Flower Catch there's a little bit landing lag to make sure it isn't too OP. Also, even if you're not catching an item, using Flower Catch toward an opponent will deal them damage, as Daisy leaps into them.

For Daisy's Crystal Smash Down B, it can only be used on the ground, similar to how Peach's Veggie Down B can only be used on the ground. Daisy punches the ground, leaving sharp crystals around her that spike opponents upward.

===

OMG I just thought of something. What if there was a way to include other Mario spinoff characters as playable characters in Smash?? Here's my idea.

It would be Daisy driving around in her standard kart from Mario Kart 8. She would be in her kart for the whole battle, during all of her moves, and animations. She would use attacks involving items and other Mario Kart related moves.

For her alternate costumes, she'd have Waluigi, Toad, Toadette, Birdo, Shy Guy, Koopa Troopa, etc

This would be a great way to incorporate all spinoff characters into one, by having them drive around in a kart. Daisy would be the main costume since she herself is known for spinoffs. And it doesn't matter if the characters have different body shapes, since the kart would take up most of the hitbox collisions anyway.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
OMG I just thought of something. What if there was a way to include other Mario spinoff characters as playable characters in Smash?? Here's my idea.

It would be Daisy driving around in her standard kart from Mario Kart 8. She would be in her kart for the whole battle, during all of her moves, and animations. She would use attacks involving items and other Mario Kart related moves.

For her alternate costumes, she'd have Waluigi, Toad, Toadette, Birdo, Shy Guy, Koopa Troopa, etc

This would be a great way to incorporate all spinoff characters into one, by having them drive around in a kart. Daisy would be the main costume since she herself is known for spinoffs. And it doesn't matter if the characters have different body shapes, since the kart would take up most of the hitbox collisions anyway.

What do you think?
I'm sure that the Koopalings had worked since their bodies (or skeletons to be exact) were similar to Bowser Jr. despite their size differences. The idea of her being a kart fighter seems like something crazy enough for Sakurai to do. We do need more vehicle fighters after all and Dr. Ivo Robotnik Daisy is the perfect choice to be one.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm sure that the Koopalings had worked since their bodies (or skeletons to be exact) were similar to Bowser Jr. despite their size differences. The idea of her being a kart fighter seems like something crazy enough for Sakurai to do. We do need more vehicle fighters after all and Dr. Ivo Robotnik Daisy is the perfect choice to be one.
Personally, I think Princess Daisy should simply fight with her fists and feet. You know, keep her whole "athletic, sporty, ultra-hyper competitive" nature and all. She just doesn't seem to me like someone who would be fighting in Smash in the style of Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, and I also personally think that I would not really enjoy her all that much as it would feel like a real "take-that" to her usual character. She almost feels like she would really hate having to fight like that and she herself would rather rely on her own body to defend herself. I don't know if I've brought it up before, but I personally envision Princess Daisy to be a female Little Mac, but without the bad air game, and she'd be a bit less powerful than him, but she would still have a bit of Mac's heavy hitting power. Especially in her smash attacks, just like Mac!:b: I hope Sakurai would do that for her, and do her some justice.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
With Daisy's move set that I have so far, her F Smash is the use of her bat. I pulled a page out of Marth's, Ness's, and Link's book, and incorporated a sweet spot that deflects projectiles, and she swings it twice. When you hear the 'PING', then you know that you connected with the sweet spot.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Well guys that is that, it was not as bad i thought it to be, now let's see the overrall results later on.

On the mean time here is a Daisy related question:
Do you think Nintendo is thinking of leaving the Luigi x Daisy couple anytime soon?

If Daisy's main Sm4sh trophy is anything to go by, i'd say no.

EDIT:Chance: 21.08%
Want: 41.44%

Heck yeah! I was thinking our chance rating would be at best 10%,while not as popular as Paper Mario or Captain Toad, it totally shows were slowly but surely getting there. Nice job Everyone!

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Well guys that is that, it was not as bad i thought it to be, now let's see the overrall results later on.

On the mean time here is a Daisy related question:
Do you think Nintendo is thinking of leaving the Luigi x Daisy couple anytime soon?

If Daisy's main Sm4sh trophy is anything to go by, I'd say no.
I want to say 'no,' but then there's a certain 'space mother' that we have to take into account.

Luigi and Rosalina HAVE existed canonically, and many fans have perpetuated the notion that they could be some sort of couple. We've already had the Year of Luigi, and following afterwards is the Year of Rosalina (either indirectly, or if you wanna call it that), since she's being shoved into all of these games. It would also seem that Nindy IS possibly planting some seeds with those two, but who knows?

Luigi and Daisy, on the other hand, have been together for quite some time, to a point where their camaraderie seems natural, and share good chemistry together. Since they've done so much with Luigi and Daisy already, it may feel unnatural to tear them apart and have him sell out to Rosalina.

To answer your question, though, I honestly don't know what the N plans on doing with Daisy and Luigi, but perhaps we'll find out sooner or later.

As far as I'm concerned, Daisy and Luigi are perfect for each other, and they shouldn't split apart, all because Rosalina's overrated (you know what) got in the way. But I've said too much...Luigi x Daisy = win!
Luigi-and-Daisy-statue-luigi-and-daisy-9372443-350-192.jpg

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I want to say 'no,' but then there's a certain 'space mother' that we have to take into account.

Luigi and Rosalina HAVE existed canonically, and many fans have perpetuated the notion that they could be some sort of couple. We've already had the Year of Luigi, and following afterwards is the Year of Rosalina (either indirectly, or if you wanna call it that), since she's being shoved into all of these games. It would also seem that Nindy IS possibly planting some seeds with those two, but who knows?

Luigi and Daisy, on the other hand, have been together for quite some time, to a point where their camaraderie seems natural, and share good chemistry together. Since they've done so much with Luigi and Daisy already, it may feel unnatural to tear them apart and have him sell out with Rosalina.

To answer your question, though, I honestly don't know what the N plans on doing with Daisy and Luigi, but perhaps we'll find out sooner or later.

As far as I'm concerned, Daisy and Luigi are perfect for each other, and they shouldn't split apart, all because of Rosalina's overrated (you know what) got in the way. But I've said too much...Luigi x Daisy = win!
View attachment 52209
I agree with you completely. But if Nintendo truly intended to hand Luigi over to Rosalina, they would have done it starting directly after the first Galaxy, or keep showing at least hints about that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I agree with you completely. But if Nintendo truly intended to hand Luigi over to Rosalina, they would have done it starting directly after the first Galaxy, or keep showing at least hints about that.
True, you don't see people shipping Mario with Daisy in a serious manner despite the fact that he had rescued her once. Now that I mention it, there isn't that much chemistry with Mario and her since one is already an everyman that shows no flaws or fear unlike his more charismatic brother.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
The RTC Thread for Daisy wasn't actually THAT bad...there were some people besides us who wanted her as a playable character, while there were many who didn't want her, or felt neutral to her.

Most of their reasoning was the fact that Daisy's appearances in the spin-offs didn't offer very much leverage for her to warrant a spot on the roster. It was as if that, for example: 100 spin-off games ≠ 1 main game, and I've seen characters confirmed after staring in one game. This is why I desperately want Princess Daisy to star in her own game one day so that way, Nintendo fans would look at her in a new light. DK, Toad, Wario, and Yoshi also appear in Mario games, but their common denominator is the fact that they have their own franchises. If they can do it, then why not Daisy? She already has a strong foundation of a potential character beneath her to start something big, instead of wasting it in spin-offs.

There were also arguments that Daisy is just a one-dimensional character, which I find completely false because, I define Daisy's character as, tough, steadfast, headstrong, competitive, extroverted, loud, expressive, outspoken, obnoxious, charming, sweet, friendly, confident, energetic, proud, sometimes smug, and full of joy, even if she CAN be a loose cannon and loose her temper at times. As a die-hard Daisy fan, I try to see her for who she really is. So, in my opinion, consider that theory debunked.

All in all, the thread was a great experience, and I feel privileged that we got the chance to talk and debate about her. Sometimes, it's fun to debate against someone who is opposed to Daisy because, it gives me a chance to express the good sides of her, and show them that the flower princess really has a passionate fan base.

So, what do you guys think?

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
The RTC Thread for Daisy wasn't actually THAT bad...there were some people besides us who wanted her as a playable character, while there were many who didn't want her, or felt neutral to her.

Most of their reasoning was the fact that Daisy's appearances in the spin-offs didn't offer very much leverage for her to warrant a spot on the roster. It was as if that, for example: 100 spin-off games ≠ 1 main game, and I've seen characters confirmed after staring in one game. This is why I desperately want Princess Daisy to star in her own game one day so that way, Nintendo fans would look at her in a new light. DK, Toad, Wario, and Yoshi also appear in Mario games, but their common denominator is the fact that they have their own franchises. If they can do it, then why not Daisy? She already has a strong foundation of a potential character beneath her to start something big, instead of wasting it in spin-offs.

There were also arguments that Daisy is just a one-dimensional character, which I find completely false because, I define Daisy's character as, tough, steadfast, headstrong, competitive, extroverted, loud, expressive, outspoken, obnoxious, charming, sweet, friendly, confident, energetic, proud, sometimes smug, and full of joy, even if she CAN be a loose cannon and loose her temper at times. As a die-hard Daisy fan, I try to see her for who she really is. So, in my opinion, consider that theory debunked.

All in all, the thread was a great experience, and I feel privileged that we got the chance to talk and debate about her. Sometimes, it's fun to debate against someone who is opposed to Daisy because, it gives me a chance to express the good sides of her, and show them that the flower princess really has a passionate fan base.

Actually, this thread gave me a chance to disqualify Waluigi and Geno as potential concurrents (and also Paper Mario, to an extend), and to explain why Captain Toad should represent his own series (in the same way than Yoshi: representing his own species by having a different logo, like a pickaxe for example, and a different victory theme from his own game rather than from the Mario games) and not the general Mario series, so it wasn't that bad.

Also, a bit on-topic, didn't I mention that I hate official shippings like the Daisy x :4luigi: shipping? (On the flip-side, I don't think :rosalina:with:4luigi: would be a good pair, so... yeah, I don't know who would be a better girlfriend for :4luigi:)

True, you don't see people shipping Mario with Daisy in a serious manner despite the fact that he had rescued her once. Now that I mention it, there isn't that much chemistry with Mario and her since one is already an everyman that shows no flaws or fear unlike his more charismatic brother.
Huh... (Didn't I mention that I hate official shippings? .... Also, :4luigi:? Charismatic? ... I'm not sure how it would work.)

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

She did have pretty good ratings. A few zeros, but in the want department. I was kind of surprised not to see a few people that aren't for Daisy like N3ON didn't rate her. I would've thought she did after the little charade that happened in this very thread

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
With Daisy's move set that I have so far, her F Smash is the use of her bat. I pulled a page out of Marth's, Ness's, and Link's book, and incorporated a sweet spot that deflects projectiles, and she swings it twice. When you hear the 'PING', then you know that you connected with the sweet spot.
Imagine this scene....

The Krazy Kroc is charging up his comically oversized blunderbuss. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, buried in the ground and extremely vulnerable, have absolutely no hope of recovering from the situation. Luigi tries to cyclone to the rescue, but the Kremling Belly shoots him up to the air and back down with a huge THUD! Luigi is dazed and confused....

Just as the kroc opens fire, Daisy desperately leaps for the ammo out of nowhere and catches it! In complete shock, the Kroc takes out his Kannon and releases his komical kannonballs. This is too big for anyone to catch or pocket. Daisy takes out a heavy baseball bat, and with a satisfying *PING* it deflects the kannonballs right back to the Kroc's belly, sending him flying!

Someday....

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Imagine this scene....

The Krazy Kroc is charging up his comically oversized blunderbuss. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, buried in the ground and extremely vulnerable, have absolutely no hope of recovering from the situation. Luigi tries to cyclone to the rescue, but the Kremling Belly shoots him up to the air and back down with a huge THUD! Luigi is dazed and confused....

Just as the kroc opens fire, Daisy desperately leaps for the ammo out of nowhere and catches it! In complete shock, the Kroc takes out his Kannon and releases his komical kannonballs. This is too big for anyone to catch or pocket. Daisy takes out a heavy baseball bat, and with a satisfying *PING* it deflects the kannonballs right back to the Kroc's belly, sending him flying!
JUST. PERFECT! (I would love to see that scenario happen)

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Daisy moveset potential redeemed. I never knew she actually TRANSFORMED into a fl...oh wait 3DS limitations :(

And @ FalKoopa FalKoopa , the Yoshis in Smash each have separate colours and can be seen in groups. And Baby Yoshi didn't exist in Melee and N64

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I scoured the Internet and I still don't have the answer to the fly thing. This is the weirdest thing I've seen in Mario history!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I scoured the Internet and I still don't have the answer to the fly thing. This is the weirdest thing I've seen in Mario history!
The answer is simple, these were fake Daisies that were created to fool you at the end of each world in Super Mario Land. The fly was one of the many disguised enemies that appear in the end of World 1 while other disguised enemies appeared in the latter levels.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
The answer is simple, these were fake Daisies that were created to fool you at the end of each world in Super Mario Land. The fly was one of the many disguised enemies that appear in the end of World 1 while other disguised enemies appeared in the latter levels.
So fake Daisies exist?

What about that Sphinx enemy and the bombing koopas?

Sarasaland seems like one trippy place. No wonder why she moved out!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So fake Daisies exist?

What about that Sphinx enemy and the bombing koopas?

Sarasaland seems like one trippy place. No wonder why she moved out!
Different development teams mean more "creative" ideas. They are the same guys who would responsible to creating Derpy Evil Mario (aka Wario), who would star in his more bizarre games in the future. I mean, take a look at this thing and tell me that Super Mario Land is less weird than Wario Land.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Different development teams mean more "creative" ideas. They are the same guys who would responsible to creating Derpy Evil Mario (aka Wario), who would star in his more bizarre games in the future. I mean, take a look at this thing and tell me that Super Mario Land is less weird than Wario Land.

I still see that as a demonic Kirby with a doll, imo.

Top Bottom