• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Of course! here's the link:

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate-their-chances-the-dlc-edition-day-34-simon-belmont.398604/

We're currently doing the character Simon Belmont. If you don't know too much about the character, its best to put your Chance vote as "Abstain" if you'd still like to do the prediction vote and nominate other characters /concepts
Thanks a bunch! Pardon me if I get heated during the discussions.:awesome:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I feel like it would be to each his/her own. We don't really want to start arguments on the thread because there already have been plenty and we don't want to get the thread shut down. Just list your support on your post. If anyone quotes you for it, just try your best to ignore it[/quote]

Oh. To be honest, I'm expecting a lot of hate tomorrow. I'm predicting a lot of 0% want lol. Hopefully they can see how good an alt costume or new fighter will be.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I feel like it would be to each his/her own. We don't really want to start arguments on the thread because there already have been plenty and we don't want to get the thread shut down. Just list your support on your post. If anyone quotes you for it, just try your best to ignore it
Oh. To be honest, I'm expecting a lot of hate tomorrow. I'm predicting a lot of 0% want lol. Hopefully they can see how good an alt costume or new fighter will be.[/quote]
Not all of them are bad, but expect a lot of "Daisy is irrelevant!", "She would just be a Peach-clone!", "We don't need another clone!", so yeah be careful.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Oh. To be honest, I'm expecting a lot of hate tomorrow. I'm predicting a lot of 0% want lol. Hopefully they can see how good an alt costume or new fighter will be.
Alright. For the thread itself, we rate them if they were to be characters, not alts :p but you could mention that you can see her as an alt.

In other news. I present to you....the sad truth:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Alright. For the thread itself, we rate them if they were to be characters, not alts :p but you could mention that you can see her as an alt.

OK.

Also, Daisy's already a Peach alt in Smash. Just make Peach orange and there ya go. That video is wrong. /s

(/s means sarcasm)

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
OK.

Also, Daisy's already a Peach alt in Smash. Just make Peach orange and there ya go. That video is wrong. /s
Not quite my friend :p she just has her colors. Daisy does not have longer hair or as thin of a face as Peach
Is it wrong that I laughed at this video as opposed to feeling sorry for her?

Now I feel horrible myself. :urg:
No, I laughed too xD

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Dark...

Edit: I didn't laugh, or looked sad...I just cringed.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
And how does this at all correlate to what I said about there not being any requirement for a Mario DLC character?

No seriously, this is pretty much how this discussion has gone down:

"There HAS to be at least one Mario character as DLC."

"Not really. Mario's already got the lion's share of characters and was the only series to get two pre-determined Newcomers when the rest of the series were lucky to get even one (with the two other series that did get more than one only having their 2nd due to an unforeseen circumstance)."

"But Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, and Roy!"

"Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are DLC for a Mario game. Roy is a returning Melee veteran with heavy fan demand. And because he's going to be the 5th Fire Emblem character doesn't necessitate a Mario DLC character."

"But Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach being DLC for Mario Kart proves you can't predict Nintendo!"

"Mario Kart and Smash Bros. are handled by separate development teams. The choices made for one game's DLC doesn't mean anything for the choices made for the other's. And in the particular case of Mario Kart, T. Mario and C. Peach aren't anything peculiar considering that other than the 8 racers for Mario Kart 64, there is no way to predict who will be a racer and who won't."

NOTE: This was not just referring to new racers, but pre-existing ones. There is no guarantee that racers that were in one Mario Kart will come back for the next unless they are the 8 racers in Mario Kart 64, not even spin-off staples like Waluigi and Daisy.

"But *insert characters here* being in Smash prove you can't predict Nintendo!"

So, now that this is all lined up, basically you're attempting to counter "Mario is not required to have a DLC character" with "You can't predict Nintendo".
That makes absolutely no sense. What does not being able to predict Nintendo have to do with Mario requiring a DLC character?
Furthermore, you're contradicting yourself. You're saying that a Mario DLC character is required, which means you're predicting there will be one. But then you say Nintendo can't be predicted. How can you predict that there will be one if Nintendo can't be predicted?

So unless you have a legitimate point to counter my statement about Mario not requiring a DLC character, don't bother trying to raise a counterargument. I will ignore it.
..................…

These arguments never ever end up well so I'll stop.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Me = :sadeyes: --> :crying: --> :cry:

Here's another pic, by the way. Credit goes to Mr-Samson from DeviantArt.
View attachment 51823
PS: If that's the case, then Nintendo is a bit discriminative towards their female Mario representatives. Think about it! :
All the females from the Mario series are either blonde (:rosalina:), pink (:4wendy:) or both (:4peach:)! It's TOO discriminative!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Me = :sadeyes: --> :crying: --> :cry:

PS: If that's the case, then Nintendo is a bit discriminative towards their female Mario representatives. Think about it! :
All the females from the Mario series are either blonde (:rosalina:), pink (:4wendy:) or both (:4peach:)! It's TOO discriminative!

Hmm, if you put it THAT way. Lucina isn't blonde. And the Peach alt is a redhead like Daisy.

EDIT: Palutena has green hair

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, :4palutena::4lucina::4villagerf::4robinf::4miif:

EDIT: Female Mario reps? Blame Miyamoto then.

:231:

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Well technically you can have the Mii rep to have blonde hair and blue eyes :cool:

Slightly off topic, but for a moderator of a popular board, @ FalKoopa FalKoopa is considerate. Especially on the support board of an infamous character from spin-offs! I wish more mods and backroomers can be like him.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Hmm, if you put it THAT way. Lucina isn't blonde. And the Peach alt is a redhead like Daisy.

EDIT: Palutena has green hair
Alt counts (different voice actors), but not palette swaps. Also, Lucina and Palutena aren't Mario reps.

None of these characters are considered from the Mario series (that includes the Miis, which are given the symbol of Smash Bros)

Reply to edit: True, but Sakurai is making the game (which means he's probably the one who's choosing the characters), so I can't really blame Miyamoto.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Alt counts (different voice actors), but not palette swaps. Also, Lucina and Palutena aren't Mario reps.

None of these characters are considered from the Mario series (that includes the Miis, which are given the symbol of Smash Bros)

Reply to edit: True, but Sakurai is making the game (which means he's probably the one who's choosing the characters), so I can't really blame Miyamoto.
Yeah, you can.
Sakurai adds the important characters from the series.
Miyamoto makes the blonde characters important, Sakurai adds the important characters.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sakurai is in charge of the roster, that's true. But he won't want to give Daisy a slot if Miyamoto keeps her out of core Mario games. That's the problem, I'd say. Prominence in your home series is quite necessary to have a good chance.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Yeah, you can.
Sakurai adds the important characters from the series.
Miyamoto makes the blonde characters important, Sakurai adds the important characters.
Sakurai is in charge of the roster, that's true. But he won't want to give Daisy a slot if Miyamoto keeps her out of core Mario games. That's the problem, I'd say. Prominence in your home series is quite necessary to have a good chance.
So you're saying that Miyamoto is to blame for Daisy's "irrelevance"? ... Yeah, that sounds about right.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I know I don't really say much here, but speaking of Miyamoto, wasn't Super Mario Land 1 and 2 created without Miyamoto as the head director or something? I'm pretty sure SML2 was without his direct influence for the most part, but I'm not too sure about SML1 since I never got the chance to play the game before.

If that's the case, which I can really agree with, then it shows why she's been pushed aside from being considered a playable character for the longest of time, which is why I thought was the reason for the longest of time myself. This is why Rosie had been considered over her, just because she's had a much bigger spotlight than Daisy has really ever had, and if what I said about SML1 is right, than it shows Daisy's chances would really increase if she became either playable within a major Mario game release (Super Mario 3D World), or be the main attraction within a major Mario game (like Rosie was in Super Mario Galaxy).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I know I don't really say much here, but speaking of Miyamoto, wasn't Super Mario Land 1 and 2 created without Miyamoto as the head director or something? I'm pretty sure SML2 was without his direct influence for the most part, but I'm not too sure about SML1 since I never got the chance to play the game before.

If that's the case, which I can really agree with, then it shows why she's been pushed aside from being considered a playable character for the longest of time, which is why I thought was the reason for the longest of time myself. This is why Rosie had been considered over her, just because she's had a much bigger spotlight than Daisy has really ever had, and if what I said about SML1 is right, than it shows Daisy's chances would really increase if she became either playable within a major Mario game release (Super Mario 3D World), or be the main attraction within a major Mario game (like Rosie was in Super Mario Galaxy).
She's in this strange position where she is playable in almost all of the varieties of Mario spin-offs and crossovers since 1989, but when it comes to core games, she didn't show up for squat.....

Nintendo never gave a proper comment when it comes to her stance in Smash though, except the fact that she's an item trophy like Dixie is.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
She's in this strange position where she is playable in almost all of the varieties of Mario spin-offs and crossovers since 1989, but when it comes to core games, she didn't show up for squat.....

Nintendo never gave a proper comment when it comes to her stance in Smash though, except the fact that she's an item trophy like Dixie is.
Which is sadly what I would just considered as "filler space". I don't know if Nintendo really considers Daisy as "Second Peach" or Peach's Luigi, but she's basically have been neglected of any say within the main Mario games for the longest, hell, Rosie is starting to become the same because; it's a "Mario" game, and the only thing that matters in one is airhead princess get's captured by main villain, Mario go saves for the umpteenth time, or because she has "too much plot" for a Mario game, just make her a cameo either as unimportant crap as the "Super Guide" of Galaxy 2, or a playable character, unlocked after beating the whole game or so...Something Daisy herself should have at least gotten too, imo... But nope, nothing.

Now, both characters are now only filler space within the spinoff party games just because, and neglected roles within the main series games, which I really can't stand.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

At least other popular series have a cleardivide between key character and NPC.

Take Zelda for example.

• You have the hero Link
  • The co-hero Zelda (Shiek)
  • The villain Ganondorf
  • Support NPC's such as Tingle, Impa, Saria etc.
  • Side bosses such as Girahim whom are placed accordingly in Smash Bros. as assists.

Another example would be Metroid

• Main hero: Samus
  • Main villain: Ridley
  • Other bosses and low level grunts
  • Human NPC's in Other M

Yet another example would be STARFOX

• Recurring Heroes: Fox, Falco
  • Support NPC's: Slippy etc.
  • Main Villians: Star Wolf and Andross, among other low level bosses.
  • One off playable charater: Krystal

Mario on the other hand.......

• Main character: Mario himself
  • Side characters: Luigi, Yellow and Blue Toad
  • Damsel in distress: Peach
  • A key supporting character: The Yoshis and Rosalina
  • The main villain: Bowser
  • The other standout?: Wario, Yoshi again and Donkey Kong with their own series!
  • The other bosses: The seven Koopalings and Bowser Jr.
  • The mini bosses: Pom-Pom
  • The recurring enemies: Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Hammer Bro, Thowmp etc.
  • The one off filler characters (I hope): Baby Rosalina and Metal Mario and Peach
  • The babies: Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby Bowser
  • The forgotten babies: Baby DK and Baby Wario
  • The awesome rabbit: Nabbit
  • The recurring not filler spin off characters who you play as that never get the spotlight they deserve: Waluigi and Daisy
  • The retired character: Birdo.
  • The even more forgotten than Daisy damsel: Pauline.

And RPG characters such as Count Blek, Prince Peasely, Fawful etc.

You can clearly see how rough it is for fans of the lower tier characters as they get picked on and laughed at for even dare bringing them up for Smash. Like critical reviews of Sonic games and his "former glory" and Wii U and third party games. At least Waluigi has some popularity...

EDIT: This might also be the reason why K.Rool hasn't made it in yet, there isn't a glimpse of him in DKC Returns or Tropical Freeze.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
At least other popular series have a cleardivide between key character and NPC.

Take Zelda for example.

• You have the hero Link
  • The co-hero Zelda (Shiek)
  • The villain Ganondorf
  • Support NPC's such as Tingle, Impa, Saria etc.
  • Side bosses such as Girahim whom are placed accordingly in Smash Bros. as assists.

Another example would be Metroid

• Main hero: Samus
  • Main villain: Ridley
  • Other bosses and low level grunts
  • Human NPC's in Other M

Yet another example would be STARFOX

• Recurring Heroes: Fox, Falco
  • Support NPC's: Slippy etc.
  • Main Villians: Star Wolf and Andross, among other low level bosses.
  • One off playable charater: Krystal

Mario on the other hand.......

• Main character: Mario himself
  • Side characters: Luigi, Yellow and Blue Toad
  • Damsel in distress: Peach
  • A key supporting character: The Yoshis and Rosalina
  • The main villain: Bowser
  • The other standout?: Wario, Yoshi again and Donkey Kong with their own series!
  • The other bosses: The seven Koopalings and Bowser Jr.
  • The mini bosses: Pom-Pom
  • The recurring enemies: Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Hammer Bro, Thowmp etc.
  • The one off filler characters (I hope): Baby Rosalina and Metal Mario and Peach
  • The babies: Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby Bowser
  • The forgotten babies: Baby DK and Baby Wario
  • The awesome rabbit: Nabbit
  • The recurring not filler spin off characters who you play as that never get the spotlight they deserve: Waluigi and Daisy
  • The retired character: Birdo.
  • The even more forgotten than Daisy damsel: Pauline.

And RPG characters such as Count Blek, Prince Peasely, Fawful etc.

You can clearly see how rough it is for fans of the lower tier characters as they get picked on and laughed at for even dare bringing them up for Smash. Like critical reviews of Sonic games and his "former glory" and Wii U and third party games. At least Waluigi has some popularity...

EDIT: This might also be the reason why K.Rool hasn't made it in yet, there isn't a glimpse of him in DKC Returns or Tropical Freeze.
I really hope that after the Ballot Miyamoto sees that we really want to see Daisy in more than just spin-offs and Luigi's "Peach".

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I really hope that after the Ballot Miyamoto sees that we really want to see Daisy in more than just spin-offs and Luigi's "Peach".
Or Peach's "Luigi" depending on how you look at it.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
GameTheory has logic? :troll:
When you say it like that then, yeah i guess you are right.
Luigi x Peach really? Even if Daisy only appears in spin-offs (i really hope all the votes in the Ballot will make Nintendo give her more attention(unlikely, i know but still) it's clear that they have no intention of pairing him with someone else.

Troykv

Smash Master
Hi! I prefer a lot Daisy above Peach (personally I don't think that she is cute).

Poor Daisy... Always a filler char.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hi! I prefer a lot Daisy above Peach (personally I don't think that she is cute).

Poor Daisy... Always a filler char.
Same, most of us (Daisy fans) feel that way when it comes to Peach or have other reasons for liking her.

Poor Daisy indeed, had to be neglected to such a role because she had to be created by the father of the Game Boy who was fired before his unfortunate death. I think the thing is that Miyamoto treats any character that he never created (Waluigi, Dausy, ect.) poorly and show favoritism to his own creations. Reminds me of Sakurai's disturbing attachment to the Kirby games HE created and ignorance of the new HAL directed Kirby titles (Hence the lack of Triple Deluxe trophies and no Bandanna Dee).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Same, most of us (Daisy fans) feel that way when it comes to Peach or have other reasons for liking her.

Poor Daisy indeed, had to be neglected to such a role because she had to be created by the father of the Game Boy who was fired before his unfortunate death. I think the thing is that Miyamoto treats any character that he never created (Waluigi, Daisy, ect.) poorly and show favoritism to his own creations. Reminds me of Sakurai's disturbing attachment to the Kirby games HE created and ignorance of the new HAL directed Kirby titles (Hence the lack of Triple Deluxe trophies and no Bandanna Dee).
Was Rosalina created by Miyamoto?

Top Bottom