• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
In case any of you didn't know, the original creator of the Tumblr poll made a recent statement about those who were taking the poll a bit serious (even to the point where he/she had to say that it was unofficial). With all the flak she had gotten for Chrom and Daisy's placement, she's decided to leave the Internet for a while because of how toxic the community had gotten becuase of her. Goes to show that the fanbase itself is slowly becoming as bad as the Sonic and Call of Duty community combined. -_-
Really? I thought Tumblr was all nice with no comments....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Really? I thought Tumblr was all nice with no comments....
Unless it's an unofficial Smash poll without "muh King K. Rool or Isaac" in the lead, then they will have a problem with it.

This is also the same website where ANY debate regarding sexism, racism, or foreign affairs never end well (Hence why people label anyone that uses that site a Social Justice Warrior).

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
then it was the non-stop Brawl bashing
I just ended tied up in one of these arguments. (Some idiot on YouTube thinking that SSE, aka Subspace Emissary, was a useless solo game mode, when I was saying that it was better than s***y Smash Tour without friends)

In case any of you didn't know, the original creator of the Tumblr poll made a recent statement about those who were taking the poll a bit serious (even to the point where he/she had to say that it was unofficial). With all the flak she had gotten for Chrom and Daisy's placement, she's decided to leave the Internet for a while because of how toxic the community had gotten becuase of her. Goes to show that the fanbase itself is slowly becoming as bad as the Sonic and Call of Duty community combined. -_-
I left the internet once for a similar reason (but WAY before Smash 4 even existed). Also, Call of Duty and its fans are technically ruining Nintendo's popularity in my country (alongside GTA and its fans). Also, the Sonic community isn't that bad. My sister (which is also a Nintendo fan) actually loves Sonic, but doesn't see much people being obsessed with it (although she isn't on the internet much).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Unless it's an unofficial Smash poll without "muh King K. Rool or Isaac" in the lead, then they will have a problem with it.

This is also the same website where ANY debate regarding sexism, racism, or foreign affairs never end well (Hence why people label anyone that uses that site a Social Justice Warrior).
As someone who originally intended to vote for Isaac, i can't really say why they act like that, i was gonna vote for him but then i saw that the way people flipped out if some did not even consider him, that and i had enough to see that Daisy recolor is even more insulting than Brawl's, they could have at least made a real alt.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just as a heads up, you guys are free to discuss any future subject without me for the day. I'll be at the Manifest event from noon to the late evening knowing how long college students want to party. A certain someone is just as excited as I am and she really wants to spend as much time with me as possible. Good luck to you all and feel free to go as crazy as Daisy (but not too crazy). ;)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Just as a heads up, you guys are free to discuss any future subject without me for the day. I'll be at the Manifest event from noon to the late evening knowing how long college students want to party. A certain someone is just as excited as I am and she really wants to spend as much time with me as possible. Good luck to you all and feel free to go as crazy as Daisy (but not too crazy). ;)
Got it. Have a good time.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Crazy Daisy reference spotted! Activating joke mechanism!

... HI I'M DAISY! :rotfl::grin::lol::)

(... Yes, I DID go crazy as Daisy.)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Again, what is your bloody point?

All you're doing is listing off random characters. WHY?
The bloody point is that there's no sure fire way of predicting newcomers!

A few months ago people would laugh at you in the face of you dare mentioned RYU in Smash. Now he is inevitable.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

What site?????

D

Deleted member

How would you guys feel (on a scale of 1 to 10) if Daisy came in as...
An alt for Peach?
A semi-clone of Peach? (Think Lucas)
A clone of Peach? (Think Lucina)
alt: 10
semi-clone: 10
clone: 10

Just get her in the game, I say. More than a color-pallet or Mii costume (I hate that Sakurai thought that would satisfy us...).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

A few months ago people would laugh at you in the face of you dare mentioned RYU in Smash. Now he is inevitable.
I get your point, but can we get back to support please? This is what this thread is about not about disscusion (It would way more bloody if it was).
Sorry if i sound angry, i don't mean to disrespect or insult anyone.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
How would you guys feel (on a scale of 1 to 10) if Daisy came in as...
An alt for Peach?
A semi-clone of Peach? (Think Lucas)
A clone of Peach? (Think Lucina)
Alt:9
Semi-clone:9
Clone:9
Don't care if she got in through any of these ways(but i really want her to be her own character with an original moveset) just want her in, not that insulting pallete swap.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987

Just get her in the game, I say. More than a color-pallet or Mii costume (I hate that Sakurai thought that would satisfy us...).
Alt: 1 (I want her to have her own moveset)
Semi-clone: 7 (She could borrow some moves, but I won't be too satisfied)
Clone: 2 (WE'VE GOT ENOUGH CLONES! ... Lucina is a nice touch, though. Besides, Daisy has CLEARLY the potential for a big moveset).
I'm not satisfied with the palette swap and hat only.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Now that I think about it, if she DOES get in, in either way, I'd cry tears of joy (honestly), because, at least, it's a step in the right direction.

Example: Luigi started off as somewhat as a Mario clone, and as Smash went on, he became more polarizing; same could be said for Falco.

If Daisy gets in as any of the aforementioned clones, I truly hope that she, too, will slowly differentiate as Luigi and Falco did, and probably some of her haters would stop calling her a clone, even when she clearly wasn't in the first place.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Now that I think about it, if she DOES get in, in either way, I'd cry tears of joy (honestly), because, at least, it's a step in the right direction.

Example: Luigi started off as somewhat as a Mario clone, and as Smash went on, he became more polarizing; same could be said for Falco.

If Daisy gets in as any of the aforementioned clones, I truly hope that she, too, will slowly differentiate as Luigi and Falco did, and probably some of her haters would stop calling her a clone, even when she clearly wasn't in the first place.
Yeah. Maybe even Nintendo would start using her for main series games and not just spin-offs.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
[...]This is also the same website where ANY debate regarding sexism, racism, or foreign affairs never end well (Hence why people label anyone that uses that site a Social Justice Warrior).
In my experience, debates like that rarely end well, on any web site.

D

Deleted member

And how does this at all correlate to what I said about there not being any requirement for a Mario DLC character?

No seriously, this is pretty much how this discussion has gone down:

"There HAS to be at least one Mario character as DLC."

"Not really. Mario's already got the lion's share of characters and was the only series to get two pre-determined Newcomers when the rest of the series were lucky to get even one (with the two other series that did get more than one only having their 2nd due to an unforeseen circumstance)."

"But Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, and Roy!"

"Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are DLC for a Mario game. Roy is a returning Melee veteran with heavy fan demand. And because he's going to be the 5th Fire Emblem character doesn't necessitate a Mario DLC character."

"But Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach being DLC for Mario Kart proves you can't predict Nintendo!"

"Mario Kart and Smash Bros. are handled by separate development teams. The choices made for one game's DLC doesn't mean anything for the choices made for the other's. And in the particular case of Mario Kart, T. Mario and C. Peach aren't anything peculiar considering that other than the 8 racers for Mario Kart 64, there is no way to predict who will be a racer and who won't."

NOTE: This was not just referring to new racers, but pre-existing ones. There is no guarantee that racers that were in one Mario Kart will come back for the next unless they are the 8 racers in Mario Kart 64, not even spin-off staples like Waluigi and Daisy.

"But *insert characters here* being in Smash prove you can't predict Nintendo!"

So, now that this is all lined up, basically you're attempting to counter "Mario is not required to have a DLC character" with "You can't predict Nintendo".
That makes absolutely no sense. What does not being able to predict Nintendo have to do with Mario requiring a DLC character?
Furthermore, you're contradicting yourself. You're saying that a Mario DLC character is required, which means you're predicting there will be one. But then you say Nintendo can't be predicted. How can you predict that there will be one if Nintendo can't be predicted?

So unless you have a legitimate point to counter my statement about Mario not requiring a DLC character, don't bother trying to raise a counterargument. I will ignore it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Agreed. If only fanboys were not so ignorant and lost in their own little world.
Fanboys and everybody else. Ever argued with a hardcore adherent of any ideology whose values clashed with your own?

Let me tell you, they turn into a copy of "Angry Daisy" quite quickly.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ memoryman3 memoryman3 , I think that's enough arguing with Golden for now since things aren't going anywhere. I should have warned you that he's the user who's infamous for getting into heated debates. In the end, everything he said is right. So just let it rest and find something else to talk about.

Damn, my tiredness related snarks are getting the best of me. :facepalm:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Fanboys and everybody else. Ever argued with a hardcore adherent of any ideology whose values clashed with your own?

Let me tell you, they turn into a copy of "Angry Daisy" quite quickly.
Some people just don't accept some counter arguments as to why "x" shouldn't be in the game. But those are the people we should try with only for a bit then just in the end shrug it off and continue to support and appreciate the character we want in.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Some people just don't accept some counter arguments as to why "x" shouldn't be in the game. But those are the people we should try with only for a bit then just in the end shrug it off and continue to support and appreciate the character we want in
I ageee with you completely. If they just keep on not listening then ignore them and move on.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
The one little thing we have to realize about Mario having so much representation is that he's the company's mascot. It makes sense for him and for Pokemon to have so many reps, theyre the highest selling Nintendo franchises, with Zelda taking 3rd I believe, but its blasphemous that they didn't get anyone new and a majority of the viable candidates are assists. But in the end for Zelda, the ones that matter are the Triforce Trio. Sheik basically made her stay in Smash Bros only being in one Zelda game, and Toon Link is an added bonus.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Do alts count for increasing character representation/taking up character slots? Because if we count the Koopalings as separate characters, then Mario series, what big characters you have!

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Do alts count for increasing character representation/taking up character slots? Because if we count the Koopalings as separate characters, then Mario series, what big characters you have!
Nah. That's only if they have a slot. No one would complain for an alternate costume being in there. Its just a bonus for the character really. I'm sure if Jr. or Olimar came by themselves no one would care.

In other news, we secured Daisy's spot on the Rate Their Chances thread for late tomorrow/early Sunday! Show our spunky brunette some support! :D

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Nah. That's only if they have a slot. No one would complain for an alternate costume being in there. Its just a bonus for the character really. I'm sure if Jr. or Olimar came by themselves no one would care.

In other news, we secured Daisy's spot on the Rate Their Chances thread for late tomorrow/early Sunday! Show our spunky brunette some support! :D
Got it. Let's hope too many haters don't show up.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice

Should we prepare some statements now? Like how would Daisy work as a fighter/alt?

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
So in start of a conversation has anyone else aside from me thought of a trailer idea for Daisy if she was put in?

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Would anyone mind telling me what this 'Rate Their Chances' thread is about?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's a thread where you would have to rate the chances a character has of being in Smash from a 0 - 100% scale. While doing so, you would have to say what are the negatives and positives that they have going for them. Then there's the want which is rated similarly, but you also have to say why you want that character.

You can also a nominate what characters you want for a future round with 5 points (You can feel free to use all 5 for one character). Predictions are essentially guessing what the next character might have as their final rating.
Look at some of the posts in that thread and you'll have a good idea of how it works.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Basically, we are given a character or a concept, and we rate them in 2 categories:

Chance - The reality of the character can get into Smash Bros. This adds up Sakurai possibly picking the character, the characters popularity and relevance, and the chance they have getting in through the ballot.

Want - Personal opinion of the character. You can be as bias if you want. If you be bias on the chance one though, thats when some of the members of the forum like to speak up and point out "flaws".

Its best to support yourself more on the chance rating, you could pretty much put 0% or 100% on the want and not be hung for it. For more information, check out the OP of the thread. Its in this board of the forum :)

Should we prepare some statements now? Like how would Daisy work as a fighter/alt?
I feel like it would be to each his/her own. We don't really want to start arguments on the thread because there already have been plenty and we don't want to get the thread shut down. Just list your support on your post. If anyone quotes you for it, just try your best to ignore it

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
It's about commenting and rating a character's chances as possible dlc, there is also a "want" rating, expect hostility from haters.
It's a thread where you would have to rate the chances a character has of being in Smash from a 0 - 100% scale. While doing so, you would have to say what are the negatives and positives that they have going for them. Then there's the want which is rated similarly, but you also have to say why you want that character.

You can also a nominate what characters you want for a future round with 5 points (You can feel free to use all 5 for one character). Predictions are essentially guessing what the next character might have as their final rating.
Look at some of the posts in that thread and you'll have a good idea of how it works.
Basically, we are given a character or a concept, and we rate them in 2 categories:

Chance - The reality of the character can get into Smash Bros. This adds up Sakurai possibly picking the character, the characters popularity and relevance, and the chance they have getting in through the ballot.

Want - Personal opinion of the character. You can be as bias if you want. If you be bias on the chance one though, thats when some of the members of the forum like to speak up and point out "flaws".

Its best to support yourself more on the chance rating, you could pretty much put 0% or 100% on the want and not be hung for it. For more information, check out the OP of the thread. Its in this board of the forum :)

I feel like it would be to each his/her own. We don't really want to start arguments on the thread because there already have been plenty and we don't want to get the thread shut down. Just list your support on your post. If anyone quotes you for it, just try your best to ignore it
Is this thread gonna be here on Smashboards?

Top Bottom