• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
This IS the support thread to show your love respect for the character after all, no one will judge you here unless you post something not safe for work!
Thanks. I am saving up for a Wii U, aside from Sm4sh, Mario Kart 8 And Mario and Sonic Sochi 2014 ( i know it ain't that good but i want it because my brothers and i love to compete against each other), what other games do you reccomend me?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thanks. I am saving up for a Wii U, aside from Sm4sh, Mario Kart 8 And Mario and Sonic Sochi 2014 ( i know it ain't that good but i want it because my brothers and i love to compete against each other), what other games do you reccomend me?
Nintendo Land, Hyrule Warriors, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. These are among my favorite Wii U titles other than the ones you've mentioned and they would last a lifetime.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Nintendo Land, Hyrule Warriors, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. These are among my favorite Wii U titles other than the ones you've mentioned and they would last a lifetime.
Replace Hyrule Warriors with Super Mario 3D World and you are golden.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I can't even recommend you any Wii U games (I hate most Wii U games, and that include that last one you stated, and the one @ memoryman3 memoryman3 stated), because I believe Nintendo already went from good to pretty stupid (Greninja and the Cat Suit are perfect examples of that).

I can't even recommend you any Wii U games (I hate most Wii U games, and that include that last one you stated, and the one @ memoryman3 memoryman3 stated), because I believe Nintendo already went from good to pretty stupid (Greninja and the Cat Suit are perfect examples of that).
2 bad examples makes the whole library terrible. Sorry that you are in the Smsah 4 section of smashboards then. :p
Greninja is bad wut.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
2 bad examples makes the whole library terrible. Sorry that you are in the Smsah 4 section of smashboards then. :p
Greninja is bad wut.
I AM on the Smash 4 section of Smashboards ON PURPOSE (for the ballot)!
Also, don't play hide & seek with me! That last sentence proves you disapproves of what I've said, so allow me to elaborate: To me, Gen 6 ruined the Pokemon series, and Greninja was definitely the WORST pokemon I've saw in the whole game! On the other hand, the Cat Suit ruined the Mario series and definitely destroyed that last bit of hope I had that was left from when I've saw Greninja for the first time. When Greninja was announced in Smash, I felt Nintendo was really becoming less and less creative with the time (and Smash 4 proved that). So when the ballot was announced, I directly rushed towards the site to vote for Daisy because of how wrong it was to have both Rosalina and Peach in a crossover but not Daisy. Plus, the ballot restored a tiny bit of hope, so now I'm trying my best at everything (school, forums discussion, even comic-making!) thanks to that last hope. If neither Daisy, Viridi, Prince Fluff, Roy or Pichu is in the game, then I'm not having anymore hope left.

Also, don't play hide & seek with me! That last sentence proves you disapproves of what I've said, so allow me to elaborate: To me, Gen 6 ruined the Pokemon series, and Greninja was definitely the WORST pokemon I've saw in the whole game! On the other hand, the Cat Suit ruined the Mario series and definitely destroyed that last bit of hope I had that was left from when I've saw Greninja for the first time. When Greninja was announced in Smash, I felt Nintendo was really becoming less and less creative with the time (and Smash 4 proved that). So when the ballot was announced, I directly rushed towards the site to vote for Daisy because of how wrong it was to have both Rosalina and Peach in a crossover but not Daisy. Plus, the ballot restored a tiny bit of hope, so now I'm trying my best at everything (school, forums discussion, even comic-making!) thanks to that last hope. If neither Daisy, Viridi, Prince Fluff, Roy or Pichu is in the game, then I'm not having anymore hope left.
Greninja is a frog ninja with tongue for a scarf. it doesnt get much more creaticve than that. 3d world is considered when of the best mario games ever as well. . .
Roy is basically confirmed but as for the others . . .well ill just say good luck and move on. :chuckle:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Greninja is a frog ninja with tongue for a scarf. it doesnt get much more creaticve than that. 3d world is considered when of the best mario games ever as well. . .
Roy is basically confirmed but as for the others . . .well ill just say good luck and move on. :chuckle:
Roy isn't as important as the others (he's my fifth most wanted, with Pichu being just over him). If he gets in, then I'll say that Nintendo is at last trying.
Greninja isn't a creative idea, that's my entire point. He's too much based on ninjas and frogs (all the other final evolutions were hard to identify what they were based on, that's what made them more of creative ideas than Greninja).
3D World is basically the one and only 3D Mario game I HATE WITH A BURNING PASSION (It didn't include Daisy, but still had Peach and Rosalina! It's a shame): I've personally found 64 to be kind of distracting, Sunshine to be kind of attractive, Galaxy to be kind of excusable because Rosalina started in it, and Galaxy 2 to be a pitiful excuse for a 3D Mario game (because, even though it was Galaxy's sequel, Rosalina didn't have a major role. It's like having a sequel of a Luigi's Mansion game without King Boo as a main villain, but still having him cameo and being mentioned). 3D World isn't that lucky (and neither is 3D Land, but I tried it and it wasn't as bad, considering there's no "Peach and Rosalina are there but not Daisy" problem in it).

Roy isn't as important as the others (he's my fifth most wanted, with Pichu being just over him). If he gets in, then I'll say that Nintendo is at last trying.
Greninja isn't a creative idea, that's my entire point. He's too much based on ninjas and frogs (all the other final evolutions were hard to identify what they were based on, that's what made them more of creative ideas than Greninja).
3D World is basically the one and only 3D Mario game I HATE WITH A BURNING PASSION (It didn't include Daisy, but still had Peach and Rosalina! It's a shame): I've personally found 64 to be kind of distracting, Sunshine to be kind of attractive, Galaxy to be kind of excusable because Rosalina started in it, and Galaxy 2 to be a pitiful excuse for a 3D Mario game (because, even though it was Galaxy's sequel, Rosalina didn't have a major role. It's like having a sequel of a Luigi's Mansion game without King Boo as a main villain, but still having him cameo and being mentioned). 3D World isn't that lucky (and neither is 3D Land, but I tried it and it wasn't as bad, considering there's no "Peach and Rosalina are there but not Daisy" problem in it).
so a lack of a single character can ruin a game that isnt character based? thats . . .strange. If it were a game where charcter was important like RPGs okay maybe . . but mario? a series where character dev has never been important? alrighty then :/

All pokemon are bsaed on things. Squirtle is a turtle with a curly tail. blastoise is a turtle with cannons. They're pokemon not works of art :dizzy:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Which is why we are showing our support here and in the Ballot, if by chance Daisy does not get in (i strongly hope she will) at least we will be making our point to the big N, to make her appear in more than just spin-offs.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
so a lack of a single character can ruin a game that isnt character based? thats . . .strange. If it were a game where charcter was important like RPGs okay maybe . . but mario? a series where character dev has never been important? alrighty then :/

All pokemon are bsaed on things. Squirtle is a turtle with a curly tail. blastoise is a turtle with cannons. They're pokemon not works of art :dizzy:
Actually, the trio was made so popular when together, that I wanted them to see how it has became popular. However they just went with the simplest idea: not putting Daisy in anyway (if they put in Daisy, it could have been even more popular due to the fact that the trio is more easily recognized when together, because of that one popular drawn comic they were the focus of).

Also, first gen and second gen barely counts. As much as they're based on things, at least said "things" were harder to identify (and thus more fun to try to identify) in newer gens (starting from Gen 3, and it should have continued even after Gen 5). Greninja and 11/12 of the 6th gen ruined that fact.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
If it makes you feel better, Viridi is in the game.....in Palutena's Guidance.

And Rosalina is VERY SLOW in Super Mario 3D World, I just pick my main Luigi and get on with it.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

And Rosalina is VERY SLOW in Super Mario 3D World, I just pick my main Luigi and get on with it.
So from what i can see: Daisy would be the fastest, Peach the in between and Rosalina the slowest.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987

It doesn't make me feel better. It just give her a secondary role. I want her to be playable (as a Nature counterpart of Palutena, like how Dark Pit is Pit's dark counterpart, except less... cloney).
Also, I'm not arguing about the speed, I'm arguing about the fact that Daisy should have been in, so that it would have been more popular.

So from what i can see: Daisy would be the fastest, Peach the in between and Rosalina the slowest.
True that, and Daisy would jump less high, but Peach higher, and Rosalina could still use her Star Spin (or something, I can't remember what it's called).

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
How would you guys feel (on a scale of 1 to 10) if Daisy came in as...
An alt for Peach?
A semi-clone of Peach? (Think Lucas)
A clone of Peach? (Think Lucina)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
An alt for Peach?
Alt: 10
Semi-clone: 7
Clone: 2

Seems about right to me since some of my mains are semi-clones (Gannie Poo) and I do prefer playing as the alt instead of the original (Alph, Male Fit Trainer, Koopa, ect.) at some points.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
An alt for Peach?
0/10
5/10
0/10

The first and second one are essentially the same thing, just no slot for her

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I would actually enjoy a Daisy alt for Peach. Daisy using hearts and turnips won't be any weirder than Alph piloting Olimar's ship.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
In other note, Daisy will be rated in the RTC thread on Sunday! As long as votes keep going well, so lets give her some good ratings! Lets not be too bias on the chance ones though, or we will be attacked by the dreaded non-Daisy supporters :p haha

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Meh. Thats one difference compared to what I see with Daisy being an alt for Peach
I'll take a few more knocks at it.

Peach's forward smash - Well it wouldn't be out of place for Daisy to be swinging sports equipment, now would it?

Turnips - Turnips only became heavily associated with Peach because of Smash. In SMBUSA, anyone could pull up turnips, and in the hypothetical situation where Daisy is playable in an actual Mario game, she'll be using the same tools as everyone else.

Hearts - Daisy's special item in Double Dash. Didn't even need to try.

Parasol - Would it be that out of place for a princess from the desert to have something to block the sun with?

Toad - I don't see why Daisy wouldn't want to borrow a large, mushroom shaped creature from Peach. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Final Smash - Alph again. Also, when have the Koopalings ever turned into Shadow Mario?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Peach's forward smash - Well it wouldn't be out of place for Daisy to be swinging sports equipment, now would it?

Turnips - Turnips only became heavily associated with Peach because of Smash. In SMBUSA, anyone could pull up turnips, and in the hypothetical situation where Daisy is playable in an actual Mario game, she'll be using the same tools as everyone else.

Parasol - Would it be that out of place for a princess from the desert to have something to block the sun with?

Toad - I don't see why Daisy wouldn't want to borrow a large, mushroom shaped creature from Peach. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Final Smash - Alph again. Also, when have the Koopalings ever turned into Shadow Mario?
Replace hearts with flowers and it will be dandy!

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Alt: 10
Semi-clone: 7
Clone: 2

Seems about right to me since some of my mains are semi-clones (Gannie Poo) and I do prefer playing as the alt instead of the original (Alph, Male Fit Trainer, Koopa, ect.) at some points.
I would actually enjoy a Daisy alt for Peach. Daisy using hearts and turnips won't be any weirder than Alph piloting Olimar's ship.
I would say the same thing you said, @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan . I'd love to see Daisy as an alt or a semi-clone. Do semi-clones take up much time and work to make? Maybe something new could come soon?

Actually, forget about semi-clones and clones. An alt is fantastic! It's a fairly non-destructive way of adding such a... divisive character to the roster! Yoshi's different colors also produce different egg colors, correct? Then Daisy should have orange ribbons (up smash) and an orange heart/flower (hoping for the latter). And, looking at the Wii Fit Trainers and Koopalings, they could totally make Daisy from Peach.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Replace hearts with flowers and it will be dandy!
Yeah I never understood how hard aesthetic changes would be. Project M did it with the pills for Mario's Dr. Costume and the Dark energy for Shadow Peach...why couldn't Alph have Rockmin and his own ship </3

True but its the frying pan where I get thrown off. Peach used that in a Game & Watch remake.

Also true, but Daisy wasn't in that game. There's been moveset ideas where Toad utilizes the turnip pull as well, but only Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad would be the ones using it. Daisy wasn't in the game, but I do understand what you mean.

Ah, this little argument. Another pity from this amazing game, seeing how Luigi got his green fireball and Birdo got her own egg, but those were minor colorations. This is basically the only game where Daisy uses hearts though.

Logically, no. But the majority of moves are derived from games where the character has actually used them (unless you're Captain Falcon and R.O.B.)

Sharing is caring ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Someone prior mentioned that since Olimar and Alph's team met that he lended his ship to Alph and Alph is also seen in the End of Day trophy. Koopalings are probably just using Bowser Jr.'s tools himself. HOWEVER!!! with the way you asked "have the Koopalings ever turned into Shadow Mario?" let me activate my trap card by asking:
  • When has Daisy ever picked turnips (that isn't from Mario Party, but I believe that was carrots)
  • When has Daisy utilized a parasol? (technically speaking this was an original move for Peach like Peach Bomber. Peach didn't really use an umbrella 'til her own game, but this could also be a reference Sunshine) ***CORRECTION: She first used a parasol as a weapon in SMRPG)
  • Does Daisy even has servants to begin with? If she does, they're most likely not Toads.
You trumped me with the Hearts since she did use them in MKDD, but I got you with these ones friend ;)

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure why Daisy didn't become an alt like Alph in the first place. But, whatever. Hopefully, with all this support from the ballot and other sources, the development team can make a true, proper Daisy alt and not Orange Peach. I wonder if they will add a section on the eShop for Fighter Alts...?

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
@ Nintendotard Nintendotard : look at this picture (http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/775/199345-282px_daisymp3_2.jpg). Daisy could also use the orange Peach Parasol or even the Flower Glider from Mario Kart 8.
It's also not unreasonable to assume that Daisy could pull turnips from the ground. Toadette could pull turnips in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, couldn't she? And she wasn't in SMB2.
You're right on the whole Toad thing, though. Maybe she pulls out a potted piranha plant from Mario Kart 8?

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
@ Nintendotard Nintendotard : look at this picture (http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/775/199345-282px_daisymp3_2.jpg). Daisy could also use the orange Peach Parasol or even the Flower Glider from Mario Kart 8.
It's also not unreasonable to assume that Daisy could pull turnips from the ground. Toadette could pull turnips in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, couldn't she? And she wasn't in SMB2.
You're right on the whole Toad thing, though. Maybe she pulls out a potted piranha plant from Mario Kart 8?
Nice counter! I personally am not for a Mario Party Daisy moveset though, so I will shoo that parasol away ;P. As for the one in Mario Kart 8, good observation. Kinda forgot about that one. I personally just don't like the idea of having Daisy a costume because I feel like she can have such a huge potential with her own moveset and be vastly different than Petch from Texas Peach of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Also, in Toadette's case, she can utilize turnips as well, and if Toad was in I could see Toadette making it in as an alt, but Treasure Tracker is what allows her to use turnips. I was exclusively talking about SMB2.

A lot of people, mostly for Waluigi are against Daisy using Piranha Plants. While she manipulates flowers, we've never really seen her use piranha plants to her advantage aside from the Plant in Mario Kart. That's Petey's bit. haha

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Daisy's court in Hoops 3-on3 has Petey as the hoops so there's at least something to go off of.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Well Daisy's court in Hoops 3-on3 has Petey as the hoops so there's at least something to go off of.
And her garden in Mario Sports Mix also has Petey as the hoops for the basketball mode (and even as a supportive role in other game modes, aka other sports).

Petch from Texas
I laughed hard at that. (I mean, if this is an actual character, how could you possibly confuse it with friggin' PEACH?!)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In case any of you didn't know, the original creator of the Tumblr poll made a recent statement about those who were taking the poll a bit serious (even to the point where he/she had to say that it was unofficial). With all the flak she had gotten for Chrom and Daisy's placement, she's decided to leave the Internet for a while because of how toxic the community had gotten becuase of her. Goes to show that the fanbase itself is slowly becoming as bad as the Sonic and Call of Duty community combined. -_-

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
In case any of you didn't know, the original creator of the Tumblr poll made a recent statement about those who were taking the poll a bit serious (even to the point where he/she had to say that it was unofficial). With all the flak she had gotten for Chrom and Daisy's placement, she's decided to leave the Internet for a while because of how toxic the community had gotten becuase of her. Goes to show that the fanbase itself is slowly becoming as bad as the Sonic and Call of Duty community combined. -_-
Yeah. I already knew that, goes to show that if a character they hate and think that is irrelevant gets a lot of attention and not one they like, they flip out with no real reason whatsoever.

Edit: And done commenting on Omni's vids.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
UGH DEEZY ON TOP. POLLS RIGGED.

ON ANOTHER TOPIC. HERES A POLL WITH KING K ROOL ON TOP.
I KNEW WE WERE POPULAR. ALL OVER DA INTERNETZ

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Goes to show that the fanbase itself is slowly becoming as bad as the Sonic and Call of Duty community combined. -_-
Trust me, the fanbase has always done stupid ****. First it was the Melee Tier Wars, then it was flaming every roster that had less than 50 characters and didn't have Geno, then it was ROB being a wast of a slot, then it was the non-stop Brawl bashing, then it was the roster thing again, then Project M vs Smash 4 and now this.

This is nothing new.

And the Sonic fanbase isn't so bad these days but I expect it to flare up soon.

Top Bottom