• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
1. She would be less played if Nabbit gets in, thus meaning he would start to take her spotlight.
2. Nope, but you've said exactly that:
"B: Robbery Nabbit steals any projectile/item in close range.When he steals an item, he gets faster and heals for 5%

Side B: KidnappingNabbit runs at high speed with his sack in his handIf Nabbit touches an opponent, the opponent is trapped in the sack.Nabbit then takes off, flying up with the opponent.
Up B: BagachuteNabbit uses his bag as a wingsuit and glides down slowlyDown

B: Treasure ChestNabbit throws a treasure chest on the stage.When somebody, including Nabbit gets close, the chest spews an item, or it will explode."
But anybody could come up with underhanded tactics with these, so he'll still be pretty cheap.
3. I say it matters much more than you'll imagine: Ridley is officially de-confirmed because of his role in the game, and black Facia is de-confirmed to an extend, because of having the same role. Nabbit, having a similar role, is, by extend, de-confirmed.
1. Which is true for every new character.
Smash won't cater to your sis specifically.

2. So Ganondorf should be removed because of Flame Choke, Yoshi because of Egg Lay and Bowser because of Flying Slam.
Because it's exactly that.

3. Ridley has 6 letters Sakurai has 7 letters Sakurai deconfirmed.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Not really.
Mario's pretty much already got the lion's share of characters already with a whopping 7 (9 when factoring the likes of Yoshi and Wario and 11 counting the Kongs, though they can be considered exceptions since DKC and Mario branched off the same source as opposed to Yoshi/Wario branching from their Mario origins) with two Newcomers (while other series were lucky to get one outside of clones initially unplanned for as such) and a returning character from a previous Smash (also a clone initially unplanned for as such).

By all means, it doesn't need any DLC character (unless Dixie and/or K. Rool count, but again, DKC is more of an exception).
You have a point, but this is the company who decided to sell Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and ROY (from Fire Emblem, which some people say is already over represented) as DLC characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Words cannot describe the amount of salt this whole Nabbit joke had started. It's as if this thread is slowly becoming like Ridley since N3ON came along. Let's try to just drop the whole subject and never bring that purple legamorph here again.

D

Deleted member

You have a point, but this is the company who decided to sell Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and ROY (from Fire Emblem, which some people say is already over represented) as DLC characters.
Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are irrelevant to Smash. The game they're DLC in is called Mario Kart for a reason. Having a couple Nintendo guests as DLC doesn't change that it's a Mario game.

And a 5th Fire Emblem character being added (one that is a returning Melee veteran who had heavy demand for his return like Mewtwo) doesn't magically render my point about the Mario series in Smash invalid and necessitate a 3rd Mario Newcomer as DLC.

Not saying that there shouldn't be a Mario DLC character (though I would argue that some other franchises should get at least their 1st Newcomer for this game before Mario gets its 3rd), but that one isn't absolutely required.

Last edited by a moderator:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
legamorph
I like this word/insult. But yeah, let's drop the subject (but you've got admit that, unlike Ganondorf, Bowser and Yoshi, Nabbit's special moves could be too cheap, considering ALL of his special moves are tricky, while only one of the special moves of each of the aforementioned characters are tricky).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I like this word/insult. But yeah, let's drop the subject (but you've got admit that, unlike Ganondorf, Bowser and Yoshi, Nabbit's special moves could be too cheap, considering ALL of his special moves are tricky, while only one of the special moves of each of the aforementioned characters are tricky).
Yeah. How are the requests for #Smashify Daisy coming along?

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Well yeah, but these are my special moves.
Sakurai would do it completely different (and better)

D

Deleted member

You need to delete what the forum saved as a draft post before making another one; you just gave me the same response to my earlier post that you posted earlier this morning.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are irrelevant to Smash. The game they're DLC in is called Mario Kart for a reason. Having a couple Nintendo guests as DLC doesn't change that it's a Mario game.

And a 5th Fire Emblem character being added (one that is a returning Melee veteran who had heavy demand for his return like Mewtwo) doesn't magically render my point about the Mario series in Smash invalid and necessitate a 3rd Mario Newcomer as DLC.

Not saying that there shouldn't be a Mario DLC character (though I would argue that some other franchises should get at least their 1st Newcomer for this game before Mario gets its 3rd), but that one isn't absolutely required.
There were so many characters from the Mario verse they could add, and the dev team chose those two. There's no predicting Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

There were so many characters from the Mario verse they could add, and the dev team chose those two. There's no predicting Nintendo.
Mario Kart development team =/= Smash Bros. development team.

Don't try to make correlations based on the decisions of another game's DLC.
(Especially when said game is Mario Kart, where outside of the cast of Mario Kart 64, all bets are off on who's a racer and who isn't.)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In Mario Kart the star is the tracks, not the characters. Hence why the tracks are beautifully detailed and why Donkey Kong looks more like a Muppet with that jaw of his.

In Smash characters are king. Look at the banned stage list (all the bloody things bar battlefield, FD and AC stages) vs the banned character list (Brawl Meta Knight, maybe if the organizers feel like it.)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Mario Kart development team =/= Smash Bros. development team.

Don't try to make correlations based on the decisions of another game's DLC.
(Especially when said game is Mario Kart, where outside of the cast of Mario Kart 64, all bets are off on who's a racer and who isn't.)
Dr. Mario and Dark Pit...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah. How are the requests for #Smashify Daisy coming along?
Decent amount, but still less in comparison to Minecraft's Steve and Shantae of all things. That's right, the Minecraft fanboys still fail to realize that he has to chance in Smash due to his lack of Nintendo appearances.

Then there's the people who want him to work on Ryu and Roy who are already guaranteed to be revealed in a month from now. :rolleyes:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Decent amount, but still less in comparison to Minecraft's Steve and Shantae of all things. That's right, the Minecraft fanboys still fail to realize that he has to chance in Smash due to his lack of Nintendo appearances.

Then there's the people who want him to work on Ryu and Roy who are already guaranteed to be revealed in a month from now. :rolleyes:
For real? Why would they want characters that are almost 100% confirmed as dlc? And Steve srly!?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Ever since @N3ON came into this thread, it's turned into a heated debate almost as big as Ridley himself :smash:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Well considering that we got Banjo (Microssoft owned) and Shovel Knight (indie) those suggestions aren't too far fetched.

Roy and Ryu ones are stupid though.

Idea for Daisy. What if she's one of the only characters to have a move that can FLOWER the foe and the only one besides Jigglypuff if we don't consider custom moves.

D

Deleted member

Can we get back to appreciating Daisy? :p
Gladly. I still think that if Daisy were in Smash, I should like her moveset to reflect as much from Super Mario Land as possible, as opposed to the sports spinoffs. That game is her one claim to being more than JUST a spinoff character, like Waluigi.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Gladly. I still think that if Daisy were in Smash, I should like her moveset to reflect as much from Super Mario Land as possible, as opposed to the sports spinoffs. That game is her one claim to being more than JUST a spinoff character, like Waluigi.
Even if the developers hated making that game :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Idea for Daisy. What if she's one of the only characters to have a move that can FLOWER the foe and the only one besides Jigglypuff if we don't consider custom moves.
That can be the case, especially if she currently has more support than Lip (Who as much as I support, I have little confidence in her inclusion). Any of her Flower Powers are guaranteed to have that necessary flower effect since it's needed for preparing for a kill move.

Yes we can, yes we can. :)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I appreciate her great, big...

eyes.
That can be the case, especially if she currently has more support than Lip (Who as much as I support, I have little confidence in her inclusion). Any of her Flower Powers are guaranteed to have that necessary flower effect since it's needed for preparing for a kill move.
Flower Fairy > Flower Princess.

:troll:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Do you guys think that vid Connor uploaded will help a little?

And also, almost 60 pages already? It's amazing to see that something that was not reached in 3 years, was reached in just 2 months.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

The flame wars will probably be diverted to the Rate Their Chances Thread this Saturday.

EDIT: THIS SATURDAY! Oh no....

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What's wrong?
It would be Daisy's turn for her chances to be rated in a certain topic. When the time comes, we have think about the positives and negatives of her character. We also shouldn't be too biased when the time comes since people would easily call you out for it.

Do you guys think that vid Connor uploaded will help a little?

And also, almost 60 pages already? It's amazing to see that something that was not reached in 3 years, was reached in just 2 months.
Doubt it, not many people even bought up the ballot when looking at the comment section. But certain people will probably be less hard on her after thinking about the situation.

Congrats on the new milestone though, it would have been barren if it weren't for any of you. ;)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
It would be Daisy's turn for her chances to be rated in a certain topic. When the time comes, we have think about the positives and negatives of her character. We also shouldn't be too biased when the time comes since people would easily call you out for it.

Doubt it, not many people even bought up the ballot when looking at the comment section. But certain people will probably be less hard on her after thinking about the situation.

Congrats on the new milestone though, it would have been barren if it weren't for any of you. ;)
Agreed , if only more people were to think like him.

Let's hope people aren't too hard on us this Saturday.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Agreed , if only more people were to think like him.

Let's hope people aren't too hard on us this Saturday.
True, it's that gamers these days aren't open minded and would always pick on the week. Call of Duty is to blame for starting this trend soon as they became relevant and started the notion of "hardcore gaming".

Mercy? From the Smash fanbase? It would be a MIRACLE if that happened, but it would be more realistic to expect tons of hate from those brutes. :laugh:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
True, it's that gamers these days aren't open minded and would always pick on the week. Call of Duty is to blame for starting this trend soon as they became relevant and started the notion of "hardcore gaming".

Mercy? From the Smash fanbase? It would be a MIRACLE if that happened, but it would be more realistic to expect tons of hate from those brutes. :laugh:
Then let's hope we can come up with good argument to counter that 100% false misconception of "Daisy would just be a Peach clone!".

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Then let's hope we can come up with good argument to counter that 100% false misconception of "Daisy would just be a Peach clone!".
We pretty much already have many. Most of the arguments of "X would just be a clone of Y" arguments can be easily countered if the people supporting have creativity for a moveset with them and aren't narrow minded like the people that truly believe they will be a clone

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
We pretty much already have many. Most of the arguments of "X would just be a clone of Y" arguments can be easily countered if the people supporting have creativity for a moveset with them and aren't narrow minded like the people that truly believe they will be a clone
Then i guess the only people we have to worry are the haters then.

Top Bottom