• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Because Nintendo logic. The same reason why we have rats with bombs on their tails and polar bears wearing boxers in certain franchises. :troll:

I'm not ususally here, but whatever
I know that there are other enemies that doesn't make sense
That's Nintendo Logic, but even with that logic those Kamikaze koopas doesn't make any sense
The shell is supossed to keep you safe, the shell is where you are going to hide once Mario jumps on you
It's like having a home in your back
But having a BOMB in your back and hiding in that bomb it's like having a house made out of dynamite :drflip:
Also, I like Daisy, count me as a supporter I guess

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm not ususally here, but whatever
I know that there are other enemies that doesn't make sense
That's Nintendo Logic, but even with that logic those Kamikaze koopas doesn't make any sense
The shell is supossed to keep you safe, the shell is where you are going to hide once Mario jumps on you
It's like having a home in your back
But having a BOMB in your back and hiding in that bomb it's like having a house made out of dynamite :drflip:
Also, I like Daisy, count me as a supporter I guess
Daisy is equally as crazy as the kingdom that she inhabits so her "Hi, I'm Daisy" repetition makes sense now that I think of it. Perhaps she was scared by the many Fake Daisies that inhabited her very domain. :troll:

Jokes aside, you are now on the list and thanks for your support.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Realistically, I see Daisy appearing in 2 main games in the future. Here are my ideas: Super Mario Land remake, maybe it'd be called Super Luigi Land 3D, and also Super Princess Peach 2.

These games NEED to happen.

In Super Luigi Land 3D, Luigi goes through Sarasaland to rescue Daisy. Similar to the style of New Super Mario Bros. 2.

And I can honestly just say that if Super Princess Peach 2 DOES become a thing, Daisy WILL be in it. I mean, really. Peach was in the first one, and if they did a sequel, they'd probably include other characters, and in this case, it'd be Daisy and Rosalina, and possibly even Pauline.

However, if SPP2 does become real and only Peach and Rosalina are playable, I will cry.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
She did have pretty good ratings. A few zeros, but in the want department. I was kind of surprised not to see a few people that aren't for Daisy like N3ON didn't rate her. I would've thought she did after the little charade that happened in this very thread
I haven't been keeping up with the site, and haven't rated any characters since like a week ago, maybe longer.

I heard I caused a scene in this thread though. xD

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Realistically, I see Daisy appearing in 2 main games in the future. Here are my ideas: Super Mario Land remake, maybe it'd be called Super Luigi Land 3D, and also Super Princess Peach 2.

In Super Luigi Land 3D, Luigi goes through Sarasaland to rescue Daisy. Similar to the style of New Super Mario Bros. 2.

And I can honestly just say that if Super Princess Peach 2 DOES become a thing, Daisy WILL be in it. I mean, really. Peach was in the first one, and if they did a sequel, they'd probably include other characters, and in this case, it'd be Daisy and Rosalina, and possibly even Pauline.

However, if SPP2 does become real and only Peach and Rosalina are playable, I will cry.

This idea, I can be on board with. If not for the sake of making two forgotten characters more known and bring back the vibe abilities since they were a unique mechanic (To hell with all the feminizes and SJW's who were offended with the first game).

And Super Luigi Land 3D is also another I get behind since he's miles more interesting than the Red Menace. Knowing how crazy the inhabitants of her kingdom are, I can imagine Luigi needing to chance his big boy pants more than once unlike both Luigi's Mansion titles. :troll:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Guys as you know the Shantae supporters are on a roll, we gotta get a move on to gain more support, if i can help in anyway let me now.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's in the main Smash Boards page, take a look at it.
As per usual, the indies wants a slice of that Smash pie. Nothing new there and I wouldn't put too much account on it since he's most likely hyping the fact that she's grouped with Nintendo All Stars.

We have tried everything like making a variety of Vote for Daisy images that can be shared and have one YouTuber make a video about the issue. We are currently asking for Smashification as we speak, but it's a long process given how long it takes. There's still Somecallmejohnny, but he would probably have a busy schedule like any big shot YouTuber.

If you have any new ideas that we can attempt other than making a Vote for Daisy Facebook page, then you can feel free to state your business.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
How long do you guys think that the DLC period for Smash will last? I was thinking it would last for about two years :/

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
As per usual, the indies wants a slice of that Smash pie. Nothing new there and I wouldn't put too much account on it since he's most likely hyping the fact that she's grouped with Nintendo All Stars.

We have tried everything like making a variety of Vote for Daisy images that can be shared and have one YouTuber make a video about the issue. We are currently asking for Smashification as we speak, but it's a long process given how long it takes. There's still Somecallmejohnny, but he would probably have a busy schedule like any big shot YouTuber.

If you have any new ideas that we can attempt other than making a Vote for Daisy Facebook page, then you can feel free to state your business.
Thanks and sorry, seeing stuff like that kinda puts me on edge i guess. I know that stuff like this takes time and patience, just hope that in the end it all pays well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How long do you guys think that the DLC period for Smash will last? I was thinking it would last for about two years :/
If we include the Smash Ballot, I would say it will take a year. But if we add both the 6 pre-ballot DLC choices and any Ballot Winner, it can see it lasting 2 years max. Any character that isn't picked will likely be the many choices to be considered for Smash 5's roster since the Japanese ballot site said that this also affects future titles.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
If we consider how small the team for DLC is and how much it's taking for each one, i'd say give or take a year and a half.
If we include the Smash Ballot, I would say it will take a year. But if we add both the 6 pre-ballot DLC choices and any Ballot Winner, it can see it lasting 2 years max. Any character that isn't picked will likely be the many choices to be considered for Smash 5's roster since the Japanese ballot site said that this also affects future titles.

Goodness. That's around 3-7 new fighters total before we have to wait for a new Smash.

Didn't that recent Nintendo financial report say that Smash DLC was very profitable? Hopefully they added more members to the development team, then...

And wouldn't that new console take at least some years to develop before it could be released? Maybe the Smash DLC could live longer, then...?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Goodness. That's around 3-7 new fighters total before we have to wait for a new Smash.

Didn't that recent Nintendo financial report say that Smash DLC was very profitable? Hopefully they added more members to the development team, then...

And wouldn't that new console take at least some years to develop before it could be released? Maybe the Smash DLC could live longer, then...?
The NX was announced as a way to shut up those who thought Nintendo going mobile was the end of the world. And given how overdramatic the "hardcore" Nintendo fans are, it was a smart decision on their part. The thing with any gaming company is that they develop a new console at least few years of the release of that subsequent one.

It can see it being officially revealed at E3 2016 and having a holiday release on November 2017 (If not, a year later since there would be a trafficking delay in effect). A majority of Nintendo's consoles would last at least total of 6 years per generation or 5 years if we count the Nintendo 64 and the Super Nintendo/Super Famicom. So there's no guarantee that this game would last until the NX's release or if a new Smash title were to be confirmed in a few years after the its launch.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

How i wished Nintendo did this. Super Luigi U was a golden chance to bring Daisy back to the main series and to make Luigi truly stand out from Mario, but no he had to go and rescue Peach and make it seem Mario saved her as always.

My only complain about the Galaxy games is: Why in the bloody world do they refer to Peach as Luigi's special one when it's clear as water she is not?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
And guys i just took a swing to a few communities such as DeviantArt and it seems that if Nintendo ignores this campaign and still ignores Daisy a few of them are over with them and will give other companies a chance, i'd say situation is starting to get tense.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
My only complain about the Galaxy games is: Why in the bloody world do they refer to Peach as Luigi's special one when it's clear as water she is not?
Well, I'm pretty sure that Luigi's story in Galaxy is clearly non canon, cause despite that "inconsistency", you do remember that there are 2 Luigi's in that scenario, right? It's really just a "what if" scenario with Luigi's story, really. That's why they have him as Peach's "special one" as there is technically no "Mario" of that story.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Hey guys one question i had in mind for a while:
Is Michaellol really the reason the GameFaqs community hates Daisy?, i know that overall he gives us Daisy fans a bad reputation over there, but is he alone the cause?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Huh...found something interesting...

I honestly like some of these expressions she has here, could use this for drawing references...

Dat Shock /Disbelief face, however...

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Is Michaellol really the reason the GameFaqs community hates Daisy?, i know that overall he gives us Daisy fans a bad reputation over there, but is he alone the cause?
Since there's no way to view post history on GameFAQS.........

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The simple answer is hell yes because he makes a new topic about her ever 2 - 3 weeks. The more recent ones I remember is complaining about one YouTuber that wanted Daisy to reference an "irrelevant game" like Strikers and insulting the Inkling fans by saying that she's more deserving than them. Like I've said before, that imbecile gives a bad name to the Daisy fanbase. :rolleyes:

I honestly like some of these expressions she has here, could use this for drawing references...

Nice, looks pretty perfect for a signature. :awesome:

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
The simple answer is hell yes because he makes a new topic about her ever 2 - 3 weeks. The more recent ones I remember is complaining about one YouTuber that wanted Daisy to reference an "irrelevant game" like Strikers and insulting the Inkling fans by saying that she's more deserving than them. Like I've said before, that imbecile gives a bad name to the Daisy fanbase. :rolleyes:

Nice, looks pretty perfect for a signature. :awesome:

How is he not banned yet? Obviously he is not a bad guy, but the last time I trolled horribly like that a few years ago, I was permabanned from a different site

Oh no...the blue is getting to me too!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How is he not banned yet? Obviously he is not a bad guy, but the last time I trolled horribly like that a few years ago, I was permabanned from a different site

Oh no...the blue is getting to me too!
Because the Gamefaqs mods are a bunch of simple minded idiots. These are the same guys who lock threads for being "Off topic" when Smash Bros. reference EVERY Nintendo game in history. Even if you given valid reasons for why it should be unlocked, they act like stuck up smartasses that have more authority over you and play the strawman act.

You aren't feeling the blue yet until you buy a premium account like the rest of us. :smirk:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Different development teams mean more "creative" ideas. They are the same guys who would responsible to creating Derpy Evil Mario (aka Wario), who would star in his more bizarre games in the future. I mean, take a look at this thing and tell me that Super Mario Land is less weird than Wario Land.

Wario Land has its fair share of strange/weird/creepy enemies, and so does Super Mario Land (Merelda, Shokora, Daisy... they must feel bad everyday when they know these kinds of monsters exists in their respective lands and/or kingdoms).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Because the Gamefaqs mods are a bunch of simple minded idiots. These are the same guys who lock threads for being "Off topic" when Smash Bros. reference EVERY Nintendo game in history. Even if you given valid reasons for why it should be unlocked, they act like stuck up smartasses that have more authority over you and play the strawman act.

You aren't feeling the blue yet until you buy a premium account like the rest of us. :smirk:
Heh heh..back in white.

Did the same dev team create the superior Super Mario Land 2 and almost completely scrapped Sarasaland and Daisy for Wario? And gave Wario his own game?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Heh heh..back in white.

Did the same dev team create the superior Super Mario Land 2 and almost completely scrapped Sarasaland and Daisy for Wario? And gave Wario his own game?
I think so, I believe it was the same person behind the concepts of the Nintendo Gameboy or something I heard before.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I think so, I believe it was the same person behind the concepts of the Nintendo Gameboy or something I heard before.
What we're sure of, its that Miyamoto's mentor created the Game Boy and created a specific, more original Mario game for the "just made" console (aka, he made Super Mario Land for the Game Boy).

Her "Elated" face is all like "HI I'M DAISY!".

Last edited:

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
I think her "detailed" Alt being removed since SBM can either be really good or just her complete downfall.

In the Melee/Pre-Brawl days, I remember her being a big deal. Everyone thought that she was going to make it to Brawl for sure, but as we know, she isn't. Instead, they downgraded her Alt to a mere color freaking swap. ( :facepalm: Seriously Nintendo?) And to be honest, that felt like a kick in the gut for me.

So them removing that detailed Alt means either she was thought of as her own character and the Alt no longer needed, or they simply said " You know what? Ain't nobody got time for this detailed dess, let's just make her a palette she isn't worth the time, we got to add more sparklez on Rosie-chan :psycho:"

I accepted the fact that she wasn't there, and swallowed my pride. Seriously I can't even begin to describe my utter disappointment as i realized she wasn't an unlockable character either.

Last month, I saw a post on Tumblr that seriously made me rage.

"Why are all Daisy fans so butthurt that Rosalina got in smash 4?"

Now, i seriously don't like Rosalina, but i don't mind if people like her, but don't be bringing Daisy in comparison with Space Peach Rosalina.

Butthurt? :rolleyes: I'm hella Salty. I bet most Daisy fans are. I wont deny it.

I don't mind her being in the game at all, In fact, she's my 2nd main. It bothers me she got in BEFORE Daisy did. When Rosalina was revealed i was sure they were going to do some sort of double reveal trailer or something. but nothing came.

I felt that we Daisy fans grew quiet after Brawl, because Sakurai mentioned the whole " Too many Mario reps" and i think we all had to swallow our arguments and play as Peach's palette humbly, but when Rosalina was announced it wasn't a kick in the gut, it was more of a hit with a bus if anything.

Too many Mario reps? Then you go adding Rosalina (The character that nobody asked for :skull: #shotsfired) and Bowser Jr. (The character everyone wanted :smirk:) AND he returned Doctor you know friggin' who?! :4drmario:

Seriously?:facepalm::mad:

Sorry if i sound mean, but Rosalina shouldn't have had been there in the first place, just like Wii Fit. Dont get me wrong, they're wonderful characters and all, but if we talk about how Daisy has "No movesets" it angers me a lot. She can be started up from scratch life WFT, Rosalina, Villager, R.O.B and Game and Watch.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
Boy am I glad i got that off my chest

:4zelda: I call Zelda's Phantom Al. I think I've watched too much Full Metal Alchemist.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I think her "detailed" Alt being removed since SBM can either be really good or just her complete downfall.

In the Melee/Pre-Brawl days, I remember her being a big deal. Everyone thought that she was going to make it to Brawl for sure, but as we know, she isn't. Instead, they downgraded her Alt to a mere color freaking swap. ( :facepalm: Seriously Nintendo?) And to be honest, that felt like a kick in the gut for me.

So them removing that detailed Alt means either she was thought of as her own character and the Alt no longer needed, or they simply said " You know what? Ain't nobody got time for this detailed dess, let's just make her a palette she isn't worth the time, we got to add more sparklez on Rosie-chan :psycho:"

I accepted the fact that she wasn't there, and swallowed my pride. Seriously I can't even begin to describe my utter disappointment as i realized she wasn't an unlockable character either.

Now, i seriously don't like Rosalina, but i don't mind if people like her, but don't be bringing Daisy in comparison with Space Peach Rosalina.

Butthurt? :rolleyes: I'm hella Salty. I bet most Daisy fans are. I wont deny it.

I don't mind her being in the game at all, In fact, she's my 2nd main. It bothers me she got in BEFORE Daisy did. When Rosalina was revealed i was sure they were going to do some sort of double reveal trailer or something. but nothing came.

I felt that we Daisy fans grew quiet after Brawl, because Sakurai mentioned the whole " Too many Mario reps" and i think we all had to swallow our arguments and play as Peach's palette humbly, but when Rosalina was announced it wasn't a kick in the gut, it was more of a hit with a bus if anything.

Too many Mario reps? Then you go adding Rosalina (The character that nobody asked for :skull: #shotsfired) and Bowser Jr. (The character everyone wanted :smirk:) AND he returned Doctor you know friggin' who?! :4drmario:

Sorry if i sound mean, but Rosalina shouldn't have had been there in the first place, just like Wii Fit. Dont get me wrong, they're wonderful characters and all, but if we talk about how Daisy has "No movesets" it angers me a lot. She can be started up from scratch life WFT, Rosalina, Villager, R.O.B and Game and Watch.
Why are all Daisy fans butthurt that Rosalina got in Smash 4, you ask?

1: Many of her fans felt that Rosalina came outta nowhere and somehow replaced Daisy when they felt that she had a bigger chance of being confirmed.

2: Daisy has a longer run with Nintendo than Rosalina did, but alas, 'fewer main games' > 'many spin-off games', and Smash favors main characters, or characters that appeared in main games.

3: Larger fan base

4: Nintendo loves Rosalina (pretty much created to be advantageous with an actual backstory, like she's born with a silver spoon in her mouth; born to be a fan favorite, if you will)

So yeah...I took a stab at it and gave some reasons. Also, maybe Sakurai saw something in Rosalina that Daisy didn't have...and he's mentioned that he likes his characters unique (*ahem* Lucina *ahem* Dark Pit *ahem*).

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice

Why are all Daisy fans butthurt that Rosalina got in Smash 4, you ask?

1: Many of her fans felt that Rosalina came outta nowhere and somehow replaced Daisy when they felt that she had a bigger chance of being confirmed.

2: Daisy has a longer run with Nintendo than Rosalina did, but alas, 'fewer main games' > 'many spin-off games', and Smash favors main characters, or characters that appeared in main games.

3: Larger fan base

4: Nintendo loves Rosalina (pretty much created to be advantageous with an actual backstory, like she's born with a silver spoon in her mouth; born to be a fan favorite, if you will)

So yeah...I took a stab at it and gave some reasons. Also, maybe Sakurai saw something in Rosalina that Daisy didn't have...and he's mentioned that he likes his characters unique (*ahem* Lucina *ahem* Dark Pit *ahem*).
Rosalina was added since she represents the Galaxy games, an important addition to the Mario franchise that wasn't present in Brawl. She also appeared in Super Mario 3D World, so Nintendo could easily market that game if she was in Smash Bros. I believe Rosalina is also more popular than Daisy.

I wish the developers put Daisy in more games. She's had the potential for being a wonderful addition to the main games for about a decade or so.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
it even pains me in Mario party seeing the characters that are supposed to represent the four players,

Mario, Luigi, Peach and.... Yoshi :facepalm::glare:

I mean i get why they put him there and all, but it still hurts my heart seeing the green dino take the slot instead of another character representing a female. (I'm not a feminist but just sayin'. They replaced the girl with a freaking dinosaur:joyful::laugh:. )

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
it even pains me in Mario party seeing the characters that are supposed to represent the four players,

Mario, Luigi, Peach and.... Yoshi :facepalm::glare:

I mean i get why they put him there and all, but it still hurts my heart seeing the green dino take the slot instead of another character representing a female. (I'm not a feminist but just sayin'. They replaced the girl with a freaking dinosaur:joyful::laugh:. )
Well...I'll just say when it comes to Yoshi? Super Mario World (main Mario game), Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Semi main Mario game). And the fact Yoshi as pretty much became his own series, like Donkey Kong, like Wario, it does at least makes sense...as much as I agree with you that Daisy would be better by principle...

Seriously, it seems Daisy really got it bad all because her game aren't "up to snuff" like anything that was made directly with Miyamoto in charge...

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Do you guys think Miyamoto will start at least considering Daisy for main Mario games after seeing how much demand she has in the Ballot? (I wanna think so but something tells me he is gonna ignore us as always and give Rosalina the spotlight, or even that fungus head that is starting to be more used).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Do you guys think Miyamoto will start at least considering Daisy for main Mario games after seeing how much demand she has in the Ballot? (I wanna think so but something tells me he is gonna ignore us as always and give Rosalina the spotlight, or even that fungus head that is starting to be more used).
It's truly had to tell, but it depends on how the ballot results would be revealed. It could be publicly done on a website after the ballot closes or it can be discussed privately between the higher ups of Nintendo (Especially Iwata).

If Miyamoto were to see how much demand Daisy would have, he would probably not take that into account when also looking at Capatin Toad (Geno, Waluigi, and Paper Mario will be ignored for obvious reasons). He would probably be even more motivated if she were to somehow make it as a DLC character and she would gain more of a fandom.

With the lack of major Mario title being seen for the year, we will probably get more spinoffs akin to Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker to another Mario sports game. 2016 is guaranteed to be a year where we would know more about an upcoming mainstream title that is more original that isn't Super Mario Galaxy (Meaning no Rosalina and more original characters).

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If I could ask a question, would you think if people went out of their way to make Mario fan games that starred Daisy as the protagonist, and not only made more people fans of the games and character, but would bring attention to Nintendo that people wanna see Daisy as a star character of the Mario series? Thinking back to this makes me think that could do something to aid in Daisy's popularity if people made games for her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom