• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Would someone be so kind to try and respond to a misconception regarding Daisy? I already have a few reasons of my own but i would like to hear your opinions:
"Rosalina has replaced Daisy"

Why? As far as i know:
*Daisy's situation has been exactly the same ever since she was reintroduced: Spin-offs only.(Ugh. It hurts me to say it).
*Daisy is not being left out in the spin-offs in favor of Rosalina.
*Luigi is not being shipped with Rosalina. And no that picture in Galaxy hardly counts, otherwise Nintendo would still keep showing at least hints about it.

So why some fans think like that?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's really calmed down in here huh, so you guys gave up on that busty campaign then?

Looks like there's just some tame shipping.

At least there's a nice spider.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
It's really calmed down in here huh, so you guys gave up on that busty campaign then?

that feeling when I think I may have missed something...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Would someone be so kind to try and respond to a misconception regarding Daisy? I already have a few reasons of my own but i would like to hear your opinions:
"Rosalina has replaced Daisy"

Why? As far as i know:
*Daisy's situation has been exactly the same ever since she was reintroduced: Spin-offs only.(Ugh. It hurts me to say it).
*Daisy is not being left out in the spin-offs in favor of Rosalina.
*Luigi is not being shipped with Rosalina. And no that picture in Galaxy hardly counts, otherwise Nintendo would still keep showing at least hints about it.

So why some fans think like that?
Rosalina had more exposure due to her role in a canon Mario game and having something most Mario characters lacked (backstory). Ever since her overblown popularity, people try to justify her promotion as means of saying that Daisy is an irrelevant character despite her many roles in spinoffs since the 90's.

Rosie's fandom in general is rather noisy and they would do anything to be heard (even to the point of insulting Daisy.). It really makes you wonder why you see so many topics regarding her being an overrated character on any thread in Gamefaqs.

As long as Falkoopa is around, I don't think we can get away with the campaign in a clean manner. He's practically the party pooper who forced us to tone down the #BustyDaisy propaganda.

And yes, my Joro-Gumo avatar is stunningly beautiful. ;)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
As long as Falkoopa is around, I don't think we can get away with the campaign in a clean manner. He's practically the party pooper who forced us to tone down the #BustyDaisy propaganda.

Fal? Should have seen his reaction to my avatar. :troll:

So this isn't a fun thread anymore? Well that's sad, guess I don't have much reason to check in here anymore...

And yes, cute spider is cute. Good tastes, mate.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Rosalina had more exposure due to her role in a canon Mario game and having something most Mario characters lacked (backstory). Ever since her overblown popularity, people try to justify her promotion as means of saying that Daisy is an irrelevant character despite her many roles in spinoffs since the 90's.

Rosie's fandom in general is rather noisy and they would do anything to be heard (even to the point of insulting Daisy.). It really makes you wonder why you see so many topics regarding her being an overrated character on any thread in Gamefaqs.

I agree with you there, i don't hate Rosalina it's just her fandom make her seem like an overrated character. Anyway back on topic; does anybody have info on what place is Daisy currently on the poll?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I agree with you there, i don't hate Rosalina it's just her fandom make her seem like an overrated character. Anyway back on topic; does anybody have info on what place is Daisy currently on the poll?

If this data sheet is anything to go by, she is the fifth most wanted Mario character. Paper Mario, Waluigi, Captain Toad, and Geno respectively are ahead of her in terms of votes if we take note of the results from these three websites. I don't know about Waluigi being eligible because of his Assist Trophy and all, but most Smash fans would want unique characters in the form of Captain Toad and Paper Mario. Geno's support is slowly growing to be as big as it was in the Brawl days.

So overall, Dausy is getting support that can't even light a candle in comparison to those guys. Then again, these are estimates of what the Smash fans are voting for instead of gamers and casuals (Who might be rather familiar with Daisy and Toad). So some massive push would have to happen, like getting Omni's art, in order for her to turn the tides and overcome Geno's current position.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

If this data sheet is anything to go by, she is the fifth most wanted Mario character. Paper Mario, Waluigi, Captain Toad, and Geno respectively are ahead of her in terms of votes if we take note of the results from these three websites. I don't know about Waluigi being eligible because of his Assist Trophy and all, but most Smash fans would want unique characters in the form of Captain Toad and Paper Mario. Geno's support is slowly growing to be as big as it was in the Brawl days.

So overall, Dausy is getting support that can't even light a candle in comparison to those guys. Then again, these are estimates of what the Smash fans are voting for instead of gamers and casuals (Who might be rather familiar with Daisy and Toad). So some massive push would have to happen, like getting Omni's art, in order for her to turn the tides and overcome Geno's current position.
Correct. We got plenty of ground to cover if we want to make her a more popular choice and we better start now.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Correct. We got plenty of ground to cover if we want to make her a more popular choice and we better start now.
First order of business is that every user needs to ask Omni to Smashify her on his Twitter account or the comment section of any of his videos.

Another thing that needs to be done is that people needs to share the "Vote for Daisy" images I've made all over the network (Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Facebook, ect.). I've been doing it myself, BUT it would be even nicer if the many supporters who had signed up should do the same thing. That way, awareness could easily be spread.

I'll probably make a compilation of all the ones I've made so that people can see them and do as they please. Like I said, I can't be the only one in this thread spreading the word. :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fiiine. You can talk about it here, but no pictures and don't mention it directly (euphemisms are encouraged) on the thread title.

:231:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sooooo, #BosstyDaisy or #BasstyDaisy for thread title.

Or #BusStopDaisy
That would be nice, but the Omni part of the title needs to stay so that people can know what to do for this month. But I wouldn't mind making some room for it just to provide some laughs. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Something like that. But I don't see the relation. :confused:

:231:
Hoohas is one of the many euphemisms from what I've seen on Google, but it is sure an obscure term (Until the DK Cartoon and Broken Diddy anyways).

Looking back that Daisy Torpedo move someone made, Torpedos would be so much better.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Or since she has plant powers, #BoxTreeDaisy.
*Googles Box Tree*

It would be pretty fitting if she was much more skinny like a certain Shiekah. But jokes aside, it fits her well unless anyone is smart enough to get the joke.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
They're pretty common in the Netherlands where they go by the name "Buxus"
But yeah, it's not useful in getting "the points" across.
Buxus ought to work since it sounds close enough to a certain "B word" and people will probably get it.

On a side note, I've made a compilation of every "Vote for Daisy" image that I've made so that many people can do their part of the Daisy propaganda. Make sure to spread these all over the Internet fellows if we are ever going to crush Geno the Zatch Bell reject at all costs. :evil:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
THEORY: Daisy is sort of the "mother nature" of the Mario series, or a person who is similar to the concept of mother nature or an earth guardian.

Ok I don't think Daisy exactly controls all the nature of the Mario series, but I think she has some sort of high power over plants, flowers, and nature.

For example, Rosalina is the guardian of space, the stars, and galaxies, and has power over them.
I think Peach is the guardian of love and healing, as shown in her heart powers and sweet personality.
Daisy, on the other hand, is the guardian of nature and life.

REASONS WHY I THINK SO:
In almost every Mario spinoff, Daisy's powers involve flowers, such as making a garden appear in the ground, or shooting petals.
This shows her magical ability to summon/control plants/flowers.
Her personality is very energetic and lively, which, in a way, symbolizes life and liveliness.

I feel like if there was a wilting forest or a dried up garden, Daisy would be able to use her powers to bring it back to life again and make it bloom.
I like it. I would have made that theory first, but you were faster (not that I'm angry about it).
... Wait, if Daisy has nature powers... WHAT THE-! THAT TOTALLY CLASH WITH VIRIDI'S HATRED OF HUMANS! ... Then that means that if both gets in, Daisy may be able to make Viridi's opinion about humans change.

Or #BusStopDaisy
Daisy stops the bus?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I like it. I would have made that theory first, but you were faster (not that I'm angry about it).
... Wait, if Daisy has nature powers... WHAT THE-! THAT TOTALLY CLASH WITH VIRIDI'S HATRED OF HUMANS! ... Then that means that if both gets in, Daisy may be able to make Viridi's opinion about humans change.
Viridi and Daisy DLC pack confirmed.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
First order of business is that every user needs to ask Omni to Smashify her on his Twitter account or the comment section of any of his videos.

Another thing that needs to be done is that people needs to share the "Vote for Daisy" images I've made all over the network (Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Facebook, ect.). I've been doing it myself, BUT it would be even nicer if the many supporters who had signed up should do the same thing. That way, awareness could easily be spread.

I'll probably make a compilation of all the ones I've made so that people can see them and do as they please. Like I said, I can't be the only one in this thread spreading the word. :)
Also, the official Smash ballot has male and female options. And GameFAQS and reddit absolutely HATE Daisy with a passion. So I wouldn't go too deep into this data.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Also, the official Smash ballot has male and female options. And GameFAQS and reddit absolutely HATE Daisy with a passion. So I wouldn't go too deep into this data.
Wasn't going deep per se, but giving him an idea of her current position instead of going for those new Reddit results that the K. Rool fans had access to (Not like it mattered since it implied she had no support). We won't get a good idea of what the real results are like, but it's guaranteed that those four Mario characters have way more support than her from the many sites I've explored.

Waluigi because of the hopeless trend of promoting Assist Trophies, Geno because "muh pre-Brawl hype nostalgia", Captain Toad because of hopeless Toad fans begging for him, and Paper Mario because "he toetally cood have gatten
in over Docta Maryo." Since those guys are using every method possible to spread awareness for their support, we might as well do the same thing too. Knowing Sakurai, he will always pick the new and unique characters if we take a look at the roster and ignore the obviously last minute clones.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Wasn't going deep per se, but giving him an idea of her current position instead of going for those new Reddit results that the K. Rool fans had access to (Not like it mattered since it implied she had no support). We won't get a good idea of what the real results are like, but it's guaranteed that those four Mario characters have way more support than her from the many sites I've explored.

Waluigi because of the hopeless trend of promoting Assist Trophies, Geno because "muh pre-Brawl hype nostalgia", Captain Tiad because of hopeless Toad fans begging for him, and Paper Mario because "he toetally cood have gatten
in over Docta Maryo." Since those guys are using every method possible to spread awareness for their support, we might as well do the same thing too. Knowing Sakurai, he will always pick the new and unique characters if we take a look at the roster and ignore the obviously last minute clones.
I'm pretty sure this thread didn't even hit fifteen pages in the span of three years.

Now we got it to fifty in less than a month.

And we are slowly attracting new supporters

That's something.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I'm pretty sure this thread didn't even hit fifteen pages in the span of three years.

Now we got it to fifty in less than a month.

And we are slowly attracting new supporters

That's something.
Slowly? I've been a Daisy fan for YEARS! I've only found this site recently.

Do you want me to counter them with people from other websites? (As far as I know, there's quite a number of sprite comics in Smack Jeeves that use Daisy as an important plot point, whereas there's NONE for Geno, Paper Mario, Waluigi or Captain Toad, thus making their popularity more limited, considering none of their fans created sprite comics on their favorite characters... And trust me, making a sprite comic is the easiest way to express your point of view on a video game. When considering that, that means that MOST OF THEIR FANS ARE UNABLE TO MAKE SOMETHING SO SIMPLE! ... Therefore, they're just desperate).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Do you want me to counter them with people from other websites? (As far as I know, there's quite a number of sprite comics in Smack Jeeves that use Daisy as an important plot point, whereas there's NONE for Geno, Paper Mario, Waluigi or Captain Toad, thus making their popularity more limited, considering none of their fans created sprite comics on their favorite characters... And trust me, making a sprite comic is the easiest way to express your point of view on a video game. When considering that, that means that MOST OF THEIR FANS ARE UNABLE TO MAKE SOMETHING SO SIMPLE! ... Therefore, they're just desperate).
I've always thought Captain Toad was
THE Toad, who has always been on Mario and Peach's side.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

They didn't make a certain kind of comic.
WOW THEYRE DESPERATE DUDES REALY NO COMIC THATA SO LOW AND LAME LIKE WOW.

NO COMIC NO SUPPORT THATS THE LOGICAL WAY.

HOW DO YOU MEAN SHORT-SIGHTED IM STATING THE COMIC TRUTH.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
You mean the one in the European and American versions of Super Mario Bros 2? (if yes, then even with such importance, he's stuck in the NPC section of most easy-to-make comics, having very few chances of even being a secondary character to the plot)

They didn't make a certain kind of comic.
WOW THEYRE DESPERATE DUDES REALY NO COMIC THATA SO LOW AND LAME LIKE WOW.

NO COMIC NO SUPPORT THATS THE LOGICAL WAY.

HOW DO YOU MEAN SHORT-SIGHTED IM STATING THE COMIC TRUTH.
Three points here:
- One, sprite comics are the easiest comics to make (ever! Especially when compared to drawn comics). I know about it because I'm a sprite comic maker myself.
- Two, that would mean they are not competent enough to make something so easy (that only requires sprites, and backgrounds if there's enough competence. Myself, I only used backgrounds once, thus I'm a bit more competent).
- And three, wouldn't YOU want to show support by having your favorite characters do a story YOU invented? (...Damn, it looks like the "Taco Incident" has affected me in some way... Oh wait, you guys don't know about that, FTW.)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's recently confirmed that Captain Toad is a completely different individual than "The Toad". Though the overall idea of "The Toad" was something that was made by the Western localizers of the Super Mario franchise if what @GoldenYuiitusin said was true.

I bet this whole misconception was because of the Super Mario Galaxy Prime Guide, wasn't it? And we all know that the writers for video game guides are as trust worthy as Kotaku (Game Informer was silly enough to call Wario Mario's cousin when talking about WarioWare Smooth Moves in an older issue).

D

Deleted member

I couldn't for the life of me understand why I was summoned to the Daisy thread, then I see it has to do in relation to Captain Toad not being "Toad" and "Toad" being an American thing.
Seems legit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I couldn't for the life of me understand why I was summoned to the Daisy thread, then I see it has to do in relation to Captain Toad not being "Toad" and "Toad" being an American thing.
Seems legit.
Yeah, we tend to go quite far away from the subject at times.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Seems legit.
We are a so desperate, that'a we sometimes deviate from the subject a so we can a constantly bump the thread!

I will never understand Mario lore. What about the Toad in Mario Kart?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We are a so desperate, that'a we sometimes deviate from the subject a so we can a constantly bump the thread!

I will never understand Mario lore. What about the Toad in Mario Kart?
The same can be applied for any Toad that appears in spinoffs in general. The fact that the main Toads that followed Mario in the New Super Mario Bros. games (Blue and yellow) and 3D World (Blue) were different is proof that there is no consistent Toad and Nintendo of America's localization can be problematic at times (Other M says hi!).

We can also assume that there is no main Shy Guy or Koopalings either in spinoffs and that the Yoshi in Super Mario Bros. is different than the one from Yoshi's Island (ancestor or father perhaps).

EDIT: Nevermind, the Baby Yoshi from Yoshi's Island DS is supposed to be the modern Yoshi we see in Mario games today. Mario's canon is indeed strange at times with the recent retcons and all.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It's recently confirmed that Captain Toad is a completely different individual than "The Toad". Though the overall idea of "The Toad" was something that was made by the Western localizers of the Super Mario franchise if what @GoldenYuiitusin said was true.

I bet this whole misconception was because of the Super Mario Galaxy Prime Guide, wasn't it? And we all know that the writers for video game guides are as trust worthy as Kotaku (Game Informer was silly enough to call Wario Mario's cousin when talking about WarioWare Smooth Moves in an older issue).
Wh
The same can be applied for any Toad that appears in spinoffs in general. The fact that the main Toads that followed Mario in the New Super Mario Bros. games (Blue and yellow) and 3D World (Blue) were different is proof that there is no consistent Toad and Nintendo of America's localization can be problematic at times (Other M says hi!).

We can also assume that there is no main Shy Guy or Koopalings either in spinoffs and that the Yoshi in Super Mario Bros. is different than the one from Yoshi's Island (ancestor or father perhaps).

EDIT: Nevermind, the Baby Yoshi from Yoshi's Island DS is supposed to be the modern Yoshi we see in Mario games today. Mario's canon is indeed strange at times with the recent retcons and all.
So the Toad in Mario Kart is a lie? What have I been doing all these years????

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
[quote="memoryman3, post: 19145447, member: 305342]So the Toad in Mario Kart is a lie? What have I been doing all these years????[/quote]

It's ok, since this is the same franchise were the Koopalings were never Bowser's children to begin wth and the Toad species are sexless (but have their recognizable gender roles). There's a reason on why we should rename the series Super Retcon Bros. :troll:

And I've had a terrifying thought, what if one day they decided that the spinoff Mario games are canon while retconning Daisy's appearance in Super Mario Land. Not only that would make her and Wario on the same league as Waluigi, but it would imply that the Wario Land games never happened. I would not want to imagine the possibilities of Wario fans being salty if that were to happen one day.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
[quote="memoryman3, post: 19145447, member: 305342]So the Toad in Mario Kart is a lie? What have I been doing all these years????
It's ok, since this is the same franchise were the Koopalings were never Biwser's children to begin wth and the Toad species are sexless (but have their recognizable gender roles). There's a reason on why we should rename the series Super Retcon Bros. :troll:

And I've had a terrifying thought, what if one day they decided that the spinoff Mario games are canon while retconning Daisy's appearance in Super Mario Land. Not only that would make her and Wario on the same league as Waluigi, but it would imply that the Wario Land games never happened. I would not want to imagine the possibilities of Wario fans being salty if that were to happen one day.
[/quote]
Actually, I'll prefer if they consider BOTH the main games AND the spin-offs as canon. Also, "Biwser"?

Top Bottom