• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Smash has followed it multiple times (bosses don't count, they always revive to fight the heroes... So Medusa's only possibility is as a boss.. Besides, the bosses were probably revived by Tabuu). Also, Smash 4 takes place after KI:Uprising, because Palutena's guidances explains it ("after the fight with Hades" is said by Palutena herself, hinting to the fact that Smash 4 takes place AFTER Uprising, thus logically taking place after Medusa's and Hades' deaths).

It "feels" unoriginal? That makes no sense, considering more than 4/5 of her apparitions are in sports games and spin-offs (like Party and Kart). Her only apparitions in the main platform games are in Super Mario Land and Super Mario 3D World (as a secret).
Ganondorf is dead in every single timeline ever, but is alive in Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It occours to me that Smash doesn't really have a sports representative. Wii Fit Trainer is athletic sure but she only does one move based off a sport rather than an exercise routine. And Ness uses the Baseball Bat but more as an improvised weapon (though it does refelect). Daisy may fill that niche. Waluigi, I feel would be better in the "weird" category (which isn't to say he can't use sports equipment to do so)
Eeeeeeyup. Which is more enough of a reason why Sakurai need to take note of her support in the ballot realize that she can easily fill in the void for that niche. After all, I do not see him adding Chargin' Chuck as a fighter since there are barely times when generic enemies (Goomba, Shy Guy, ReDead, extra.) get their own slot in the roster. Most of her attacks need to be sports based, but several of them need to be flower based since it is her well known motif.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Ganondorf is dead in every single timeline ever, but is alive in Smash.
Considering there's a probability that villains like him can always revive themselves somehow, I consider Ganondorf an exception (Besides, the Zelda timeline is too confusing for everyone, so only people with a huge knowledge of the series can know that, thus making Ganondorf an exception)/

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Considering there's a probability that villains like him can always revive themselves somehow, I consider Ganondorf an exception (Besides, the Zelda timeline is too confusing for everyone, so only people with a huge knowledge of the series can know that, thus making Ganondorf an exception)/
And considering the possibility Ganondorf runs around like a middle aged man with a flower staff in Smaah Bros.

Smash is non-canon and thus Medusa doesn't care about your itty-bitty fan "rule"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And considering the possibility Ganondorf runs around like a middle aged man with a flower staff in Smaah Bros.

Smash is non-canon and thus Medusa doesn't care about your itty-bitty fan "rule"
Would it make you two feel better if I had changed my vote to Style Savvy instead? With all the good sales the game had been getting in Japan, she is arguably shoo-in material and could be the first outfit fighter in Smash (I can imagine K. Rool using attacks based on his costumes as opposed to outright switching between them). :p

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Would it make you two feel better if I had changed my vote to Style Savvy instead? With all the good sales the game had been getting in Japan, she is arguably shoo-in material and could be the first outfit fighter in Smash (I can imagine K. Rool using attacks based on his costumes as opposed to outright switching between them). :p
No, Medusa is fine.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987

OBJECTION! ... What about Palutena's guidances? It's the only thing related to a plot! Ganondorf can be considered alive due to the fact there's probably an unfinished Zelda timeline in which Ganondorf is still alive in. Medusa... doesn't have such importance, unlike Ganondorf which has appeared in a lot of games (considering Medusa's identity in the first KI is just "evil giant snake lady", unlike her identity in Uprising).

I'll be fine with it. Unlike Ganondorf, which can't be actually dead due to the fact that the Legend of Zelda are still JUST LEGENDS, Medusa is actually dead.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
OBJECTION! ... What about Palutena's guidances? It's the only thing related to a plot! Ganondorf can be considered alive due to the fact there's probably an unfinished Zelda timeline in which Ganondorf is still alive in. Medusa... doesn't have such importance, unlike Ganondorf which has appeared in a lot of games (considering Medusa's identity in the first KI is just "evil giant snake lady", unlike her identity in Uprising).

I'll be fine with it. Unlike Ganondorf, which can't be actually dead due to the fact that the Legend of Zelda are still JUST LEGENDS, Medusa is actually dead.
Let me say this:

If Sakurai wants to add Medusa, he'll bend his headcanon called Uprising to fit.
Just like he fanfic'd Dark Pit in the Forces of Nature and called the Lightning Chariot back in existence after it was destroyed.
Sakurai is the creator of the KI-mythos and as we have seen he's not afraid to spice it up with a bit sequel bait and Word of God.

Fixing this problem is as easy as saying Medusa followed an online "Revival for dummies" course.
It's not like Kid Icarus itself takes itself serious.
Constant four wall breaking and inside jokes.

If you want an actual explanation, go the Zelda route and say "LOL gods r immortal duh"
Sakurai has the power to do that.

Wait......
If you die in the Greek Mythos, you go to the Underworld.
And since Kid Icarus aren't just legends and has a super strict canon lore, Medusa can still be in.

Oh wait. KI is based on the Greek Mythos.
JUST LEGENDS.

Ganondorf is based on his Twilight Princess form, which is dead. There.

Medusa has other problems, but "being dead" isn't one of them.

Now other examples of Smash Bros. not caring about lore, canon or logic:

-Dr. Mario/Mario existing in the same battle, each cloned four times
-Same with Link/Young Link
-Ganondorf. He's a powerful, earth shattering and dead warlock in Zelda. Not in Smash.
-Toon Link being able to fight Twilight Princess Link on Skyloft.
-Skyloft's stage taking place in the middle of Skyward Sword.
-Mario fighting Pikachu and Pac-Man with four clones at his side.

EDIT: Daisy X Medusa OTP.
there its ontopic now.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 , you are now on the list as promised. Again, you can feel free to discuss anything here whether it's moveset ides for Daisy or talking about what her main attire should be (Dress, Tennis Outfit, DIHSO (Strikers Outfit), ect.).

there its ontopic now.
I don;t know, Medusa might be a bit too edgy for her tastes since her idea of fun is bloodshed. Then again, she does have the sideboob going on and she would fit in fine with Busty Daisy. :troll:

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
@ Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 , you are now on the list as promised. Again, you can feel free to discuss anything here whether it's moveset ides for Daisy or talking about what her main attire should be (Dress, Tennis Outfit, DIHSO (Strikers Outfit), ect.).

I don;t know, Medusa might be a bit too edgy for her tastes since her idea of fun is bloodshed. Then again, she does have the sideboob going on and she would fit in fine with Busty Daisy. :troll:
Aw come one, imagine Daisy trying to change Medusa's hair snakes in flowers and Medusa changing them back while making Daisy's flowers in snakes again.

At last they settle on pestering Waluigi with Piranha Plants.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's not really a headcanon if it's well... canon.

Speaking of headcanons, what are yours for Daisy? It's not like we've got a lot of actual canon to go off of besides Super Mario Land, Mario Party 3 and random marketing blurbs.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's not really a headcanon if it's well... canon.

Speaking of headcanons, what are yours for Daisy? It's not like we've got a lot of actual canon to go off of besides Super Mario Land, Mario Party 3 and random marketing blurbs.
My head canon is that she actually uses her peppy personality and loud celebrations to mask her hidden true feelings. These feelings are those of loneliness since she rarely has any friends in her own kingdom, hence the lack of characters in the game that aren't her or Tatanga. Despite her royalty status and self absorbed personality, she only wants to be around some friends that care for her. This answers why we rarely saw Sarasa Land after all these years except the "Derp, that game never happened and it sucks" mentality that Nintendo has.

This theory lines up with the fact that she was willing to be as close to Peach as possible and always hang with the Mario crew on many occasions. Why she loves Luigi you may ask? It's rather simple soon as I looked back at what I've thought. Perhaps she feels for the green plumber since he's the second banana that is always underrated by the actions of his more famous brother. This could explain the one sided relationship she had with Mario after her rescue from Tatanga's claws and her blossoming attachment to Luigi over the years. Years of Mario Party and Mario Kart would have been a good amount of time for her to bond with him despite the fact that they compete half of the time.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
My head canon is that she actually uses her peppy personality and loud celebrations to mask her hidden true feelings. These feelings are those of loneliness since she rarely has any friends in her own kingdom, hence the lack of characters in the game that aren't her or Tatanga. Despite her royalty status and self absorbed personality, she only wants to be around some friends that care for her. This answers why we rarely saw Sarasa Land after all these years except the "Derp, that game never happened and it sucks" mentality that Nintendo has.
I only agree with this part.

JUST LEGENDS.

Ganondorf is based on his Twilight Princess form, which is dead. There.

Medusa has other problems, but "being dead" isn't one of them.

Now other examples of Smash Bros. not caring about lore, canon or logic:

-Dr. Mario/Mario existing in the same battle, each cloned four times
-Same with Link/Young Link
-Ganondorf. He's a powerful, earth shattering and dead warlock in Zelda. Not in Smash.
-Toon Link being able to fight Twilight Princess Link on Skyloft.
-Skyloft's stage taking place in the middle of Skyward Sword.
-Mario fighting Pikachu and Pac-Man with four clones at his side.

there its ontopic now.
To the Ganondorf answer: There's probably another legend with this design of his.
To the Medusa answer: Then how do you explain the fact that Dark Pit joined the Forces of Nature instead of simply allying himself with Medusa and the Underworld?
To the other answer: All of the clones were intended, including Dr. Mario (he's probably another Mario from another dimension) and Toon/Young Link (Legend-travelling/Time-travelling can be involved respectively). Ganondorf could have gotten less power in the new dimension he's from. Also, which clones are at the side of Mario?
To the edit: they're both girls, and I'm sure Daisy isn't a lesbian of sorts, so... no, just no.

Last edited by a moderator:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I only agree with this part.
It's already official....Why does Dr. Mario even exist alongside Mario? And why did Sakurai resurrect the Doc and gave Daisy a lame palette swap??? We will never know.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's already official....Why does Dr. Mario even exist alongside Mario? And why did Sakurai resurrect the Doc and gave Daisy a lame palette swap??? We will never know.
Same reason why Roy is coming back: Making the Melee fanboys cream themselves with joy. If there's one thing that Sakurai loves to use, it's fanservice for the sake of appealing to the nostalgia of others.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Same reason why Roy is coming back: Making the Melee fanboys cream themselves with joy. If there's one thing that Sakurai loves to use, it's fanservice for the sake of appealing to the nostalgia of others.
Well that doesn't explain Lucina....

And what is head canon? I searched it up and I'm still confused.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well that doesn't explain Lucina....

And what is head canon? I searched it up and I'm still confused.
Awakening's overrated popularity. Nuff said.

A head canon is basically canon that you think of yourself and view it as the best case scenario. A good example is how many fangirls' head canon were Ike and Soren being a gay couple despite him canonically having a son.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
To the Ganondorf answer: There's probably another legend with this design of his.
To the Medusa answer: Then how do you explain the fact that Dark Pit joined the Forces of Nature instead of simply allying himself with Medusa and the Underworld?
To the other answer: All of the clones were intended, including Dr. Mario (he's probably another Mario from another dimension) and Toon/Young Link (Legend-travelling/Time-travelling can be involved respectively). Ganondorf could have gotten less power in the new dimension he's from. Also, which clones are at the side of Mario?
To the edit: they're both girls, and I'm sure Daisy isn't a lesbian of sorts, so... no, just no.
1. No, because it has the Sword of Sages and looks exactly like Twilight Ganon, even inheriting his beast form.

2. Because he was alive and just chose the Nature Army?

3. It does mean Sakurai doesn't care at all about lore or canon and just pits fighters together even if it's the same character in a lab coat.

4. This is the stupidest and most farfetchd argument I've had.

But if you really need to stretch everything to your liking, then Medusa gets "teleported" into Smash Bros. by time travel before she was defeated by Pit.

But seriously, if Sakurai considers Medusa, he won't say:

"Derp, she's dead, she won't be in this cross-over fighter"

Its a cross-over fighter for fun, there's no reason Sakurai wouldn't add Medusa because she's "dead".
Especially since it's his character, he can do what he wants with her and retcon/explain her addition in her codec.

Ridley, Bowser and Ganondorf died a gazillion times and they all came back because it's just a vidya game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And now we're arguing. It's the "how should Dark Pit be decloned" thread all over again.

Do not try to predict Sakurai, do not try to comprehend Sakurai. Accept him as something akin to a force of nature and you'll be the better for it. (Who are you to question Viridi, puny mortal?)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
1. No, because it has the Sword of Sages and looks exactly like Twilight Ganon, even inheriting his beast form.

2. Because he was alive and just chose the Nature Army?

3. It does mean Sakurai doesn't care at all about lore or canon and just pits fighters together even if it's the same character in a lab coat.

4. This is the stupidest and most farfetchd argument I've had.

But if you really need to stretch everything to your liking, then Medusa gets "teleported" into Smash Bros. by time travel before she was defeated by Pit.

But seriously, if Sakurai considers Medusa, he won't say:

"Derp, she's dead, she won't be in this cross-over fighter"

Its a cross-over fighter for fun, there's no reason Sakurai wouldn't add Medusa because she's "dead".
Especially since it's his character, he can do what he wants with her and retcon/explain her addition in her codec.

Ridley, Bowser and Ganondorf died a gazillion times and they all came back because it's just a vidya game.
And technically Mario dies many times before saving Peach.

This thread and Daisy fans such as me actually fits perfectly with my Daisy head canon, she seems like a desperate character, one who desperately wants to stay noticed. With the classic "HII I'M DAISY!", and the obnoxious shouting in Mario Kart 8 (apparently she enjoys having a blown engine).

And she is the best baby character!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And now we're arguing. It's the "how should Dark Pit be decloned" thread all over again.

Do not try to predict Sakurai, do not try to comprehend Sakurai. Accept him as something akin to a force of nature and you'll be the better for it. (Who are you to question Viridi, puny mortal?)
This, it was funny at first and now it's becoming annoying. Still nowhere near as bad as the whole Ridley war that happened after he was deconfirmed.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
This, it was funny at first and now it's becoming annoying. Still nowhere near as bad as the whole Ridley war that happened after he was deconfirmed.
Especially the serious, non-troll arguments. They bloat a once good thread with two sides babbling about one topic.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a hypothetical question, would you prefer Dasiy as a Smash 4 DLC Semi-Clone (Of who is your choice) or a whole cloth Smash 5 character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's a hypothetical question, would you prefer Dasiy as a Smash 4 DLC Semi-Clone (Of who is your choice) or a whole clone Smash 5 character.
I would have her as a semi-clone of Zero Suit Samus, but replace some of her whip or gun attacks with something more suitable like the Flower Shot and Crystal Punch.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Here's a hypothetical question, would you prefer Dasiy as a Smash 4 DLC Semi-Clone (Of who is your choice) or a whole cloth Smash 5 character.
Either one! Although I don't really like clones (Lucina being an exception), I believe she can still borrow moves from Peach and Zero Suit Samus (thus making her a semi-clone of both combined). But I would also REALLY loves to have her uses many original moves.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I've been thinking more about that head canon business. Maybe Daisy has left her kingdom because it was literally deserted, and no one else was intrested in capturing her like Peach once Tatanga was defeated. So she got bored, and lonely. She heard about the Mushroom Kingdom, and how lovely, cool and not deserted it was (This is how she gradually lost her tan). So one day, with the help of Luigi, snuck into one of these NES Open Golf tournaments....

I'm not much of a fan fiction write (I cringe at fan fiction)

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Lol in Mario Kart 8 during Baby Daisy's anti-gravity trick, one of the quotes she can say is "Mama!" It is so cute.
And just from that, I can make a whole theory about it haha!

MY THEORY: When Daisy was a baby, living in Sarasaland, her mother was the queen of Sarasaland. The queen cared for her baby princess deeply, and loved to play with her and taught her how to play various sports and stuff. Maybe, her mother possibly died somehow, which was a lot for baby Daisy to take in. She was very sad, but honors her mother greatly.

Which is WHY in Mario Kart 8, Baby Daisy yells "Mama!" as one of her quotes to sort of call out to her mom in honor of her and win the race for her.

I have a lot more Daisy theories lol

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lol in Mario Kart 8 during Baby Daisy's anti-gravity trick, one of the quotes she can say is "Mama!" It is so cute.

MY THEORY: When Daisy was a baby, living in Sarasaland, her mother was the queen of Sarasaland. The queen cared for her baby princess deeply, and loved to play with her and taught her how to play various sports and stuff. Maybe, her mother possibly died somehow, which was a lot for baby Daisy to take in. She was very sad, but honors her mother greatly.

Which is WHY in Mario Kart 8, Baby Daisy yells "Mama!" as one of her quotes to sort of call out to her mom in honor of her and win the race for her.

Now that theory sounds like the type of plot that you would expect in a Mother (Or Earthbound) video game. Both sad, yet sweet at the same time when it comes to talking about the girl's childhood.

Go on, tell me what other theories you had planned.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
THEORY: Daisy is sort of the "mother nature" of the Mario series, or a person who is similar to the concept of mother nature or an earth guardian.

Ok I don't think Daisy exactly controls all the nature of the Mario series, but I think she has some sort of high power over plants, flowers, and nature.

For example, Rosalina is the guardian of space, the stars, and galaxies, and has power over them.
I think Peach is the guardian of love and healing, as shown in her heart powers and sweet personality.
Daisy, on the other hand, is the guardian of nature and life.

REASONS WHY I THINK SO:
In almost every Mario spinoff, Daisy's powers involve flowers, such as making a garden appear in the ground, or shooting petals.
This shows her magical ability to summon/control plants/flowers.
Her personality is very energetic and lively, which, in a way, symbolizes life and liveliness.

I feel like if there was a wilting forest or a dried up garden, Daisy would be able to use her powers to bring it back to life again and make it bloom.

Then again.. Daisy might just be an ordinary princess with flower powers. Haha

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait, Mushroom (Peach), Flower (Daisy) and Star (Rosalina)...

Attention Mario OC makers you've been doing it wrong. Base your Princesses off of power-ups, not fruits. There's a lot to chose from.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, Mushroom (Peach), Flower (Daisy) and Star (Rosalina)...

Attention Mario OC makers you've been doing it wrong. Base your Princesses off of power-ups, not fruits. There's a lot to chose from.
Original characters were never original if they always stole and focused on concepts that wouldn't be in the franchise. :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Original characters were never original if they always stole and focused on concepts that wouldn't be in the franchise. :troll:
OC's are a real oxy-moron when you think about it. If they did have true OCs they'd put them in original works instead of wasting them on fan-works.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
It really doesn't matter to me. Either / or is fine.

I'd love to hear more Daisy theories from ya. It seems you know a lot about the character, and can potentially speculate some sort of back story out of her. If this is true, then that means Rosalina definitely isn't the only one with a back story!:awesome:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
THEORY: Daisy is sort of the "mother nature" of the Mario series, or a person who is similar to the concept of mother nature or an earth guardian.

Ok I don't think Daisy exactly controls all the nature of the Mario series, but I think she has some sort of high power over plants, flowers, and nature.

For example, Rosalina is the guardian of space, the stars, and galaxies, and has power over them.
I think Peach is the guardian of love and healing, as shown in her heart powers and sweet personality.
Daisy, on the other hand, is the guardian of nature and life.

REASONS WHY I THINK SO:
In almost every Mario spinoff, Daisy's powers involve flowers, such as making a garden appear in the ground, or shooting petals.
This shows her magical ability to summon/control plants/flowers.
Her personality is very energetic and lively, which, in a way, symbolizes life and liveliness.

I feel like if there was a wilting forest or a dried up garden, Daisy would be able to use her powers to bring it back to life again and make it bloom.

Then again.. Daisy might just be an ordinary princess with flower powers. Haha
Better than Gametheory in my book.

Top Bottom