• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ Extremmefan Extremmefan Fixed the Koopa King's name, this economic teacher of mines is on the distracting side (Those freaking rants).

Agreed, there's nothing stopping Nintendo from considering that every title is canon. But we can all blame Miyamoto for giving the series a loss canon in the first place since he views the characters as "actors playing different roles on a set within every film". While that idea was considered good in the past, most video games these days are expected to have a well constructed and consistent canon. But again, Nintendo's logic ****s all firm of logic in the world. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Even Capcom's firm of logic?
Yes, even Capcom's form of logic. A plumber shooting fireballs underwater makes less sense than a frog based robot attacking with acid rain.

Just like how a tiny puff ball throwing a monster 30 times his size to the sun with a massive frying pan is more unbelievable than Asura with the power to destroy stars.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Just started commenting on Omni's videos on Youtube. Let's all do our part!
I started doing my part too (commenting on his videos. In my comment, I'm asking him to "#Smashify Daisy"). I only started on the most recent video, but I've subscribed to him just to keep in touch with all the new videos.

Yes, even Capcom's form of logic. A plumber shooting fireballs underwater makes less sense than a frog based robot attacking with acid rain.

Just like how a tiny puff ball throwing a monster 30 times his size to the sun with a massive frying pan is more unbelievable than Asura with the power to destroy stars.
What about a robot shooting solar energy (yes, solar energy) underwater? Or an attorney talking and debating about spirits?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What about a robot shooting solar energy (yes, solar energy) underwater? Or an attorney talking and debating about spirits?
Fair enough, Nintendo and Capcom logic are definitely on par with one another in terms of screwing logic. Which is more of a reason why the latter should announce a Nintendo vs. Capcom soon after they reveal Ryu. :awesome:

Just started commenting on Omni's videos on Youtube. Let's all do our part!
Great job, rookie! And remember, ignore anyone that even asks you "Why you choose her when you can pick Shovel Knight?" if they disagree with our choices. I get that a lot whenever I bring her up on YouTube because she's one of the more controversial characters to mention during DLC speculation. :rolleyes:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Hey, guys! I've had this weird dream. I dreamed that Sakurai took a different approach to the DLC. This time, he got rid of the Smash ballot, and plans to continuously release DLC like every two or three months, or so, fulfilling every fan's request. We were free to download as much DLC as we wanted, granted that our system has the memory for it. Eventually, Daisy was no exception, and it was like the best day for every Daisy fan!

Then, I woke up, and complained to myself, disappointed that it was only jut a dream, and so, I decided to share it here. I don't know if this idea would happen in a perfect world, but to me, the idea of being able to download what ever DLC we want kinda sounds like a great idea...maybe in a perfect world, of course.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Fair enough, Nintendo and Capcom logic are definitely on par with one another in terms of screwing logic. Which is more of a reason why the latter should announce a Nintendo vs. Capcom soon after they reveal Ryu. :awesome:

Great job, rookie! And remember, ignore anyone that even asks you "Why you choose her when you can pick Shovel Knight?" if they disagree with our choices. I get that a lot whenever I bring her up on YouTube because she's one of the more controversial characters to mention during DLC speculation. :rolleyes:
Oh that ain't nothing. When i told one of my friends that i had picked Daisy at the ballot he went nuts and told me "Why would you pick her when we already have Rosalina!?", i just sighed and told him my reasons then he calmed down and told me i was right with my reasoning.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh that ain't nothing. When i told one of my friends that i had picked Daisy at the ballot he went nuts and told me "Why would you pick her when we already have Rosalina!?", i just sighed and told him my reasons then he calmed down and told me i was right with my reasoning.
Oh really? Then your friend basically was an understandable individual that's willing to listen to your reasonings. Sadly, the fanbase is fully of immature "brats" that would judge you for picking a character they don't like or feel that they sound like a bad idea.

After all, characters like Daisy and Style Savvy are no different than Freddy Fazbear and Goku. And her like many other Mario characters arguably fall under the label of classic Nintendo All Stars despite her many spinoff roles.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Oh really? Then your friend basically was an understandable individual that's willing to listen to your reasonings. Sadly, the fanbase is fully of immature "brats" that would judge you for picking a character they don't like or feel that they sound like a bad idea.

After all, characters like Daisy and Style Savvy are no different than Freddy Fazbear and Goku. And her like many other Mario characters arguably fall under the label of classic Nintendo All Stars despite her many spinoff roles.
Actually, one of the Rosalina fans is my sister, and she's also wanting Daisy for Smash 4, like me. Both me and her agreed on a certain fact: that, if they Daisy doesn't get in Smash, then there's ZERO reasons for both Peach and Rosalina to be in (after all, the three princesses are a known trio when together. They even had their own DRAWN comic!).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Indeed. I tend to try to be reasonable and always stay calm but when things get out of hand, i just stay out of it, don't want unneccesary trouble. I think i'll play play some Mario Strikers Charged in a little.(I don't have a Wii u, i am saving up for one.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Indeed. I tend to try to be reasonable and always stay calm but when things get out of hand, i just stay out of it, don't want unneccesary trouble. I think i'll play play some Mario Strikers Charged in a little.(I don't have a Wii u, i am saving up for one.)
Same here, just like the ignoramuses that would think Banjo will be a Duck Hunt clone even though that they are TWO completely different animals. But it's the Smash fanbase and it is hard to reason with them for which they are close to Sonic fandom levels of terrible.

Mario Strikers Charged is an excellent game, I even found it even better than the first one due to the new features and characters (Hello Petey Piranha). Plus, Daisy's characterization actually made me like her more as a character since it depicts her as competitive and badass. If there was one Wii game that I regret trading, it is that one.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Same here, just like the ignoramuses that would think Banjo will be a Duck Hunt clone even though that they are TWO completely different animals. But it's the Smash fanbase and it is hard to reason with them for which they are close to Sonic fandom levels of terrible.

Mario Strikers Charged is an excellent game, I even found it even better than the first one due to the new features and characters (Hello Petey Piranha). Plus, Daisy's characterization actually made me like her more as a character since it depicts her as competitive and badass. If there was one Wii game that I regret trading, it is that one.
My 2 favorite characters in both this game and in the marioverse are Luigi and Daisy, i voted for her not only because she needs to appear on more media but also because i would like to see a smash version of Power Players vs Tango Tanglers.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Hey, guys! I've had this weird dream. I dreamed that Sakurai took a different approach to the DLC. This time, he got rid of the Smash ballot, and plans to continuously release DLC like every two or three months, or so, fulfilling every fan's request. We were free to download as much DLC as we wanted, granted that our system has the memory for it. Eventually, Daisy was no exception, and it was like the best day for every Daisy fan!

Then, I woke up, and complained to myself, disappointed that it was only jut a dream, and so, I decided to share it here. I don't know if this idea would happen in a perfect world, but to me, the idea of being able to download what ever DLC we want kinda sounds like a great idea...maybe in a perfect world, of course.
I dreamed of Cat Daisy on a snowy village level with Animal Crossing winter music in a 3D Mario game.

Boy was I disappointed when I woke up...

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Actually, one of the Rosalina fans is my sister, and she's also wanting Daisy for Smash 4, like me. Both me and her agreed on a certain fact: that, if they Daisy doesn't get in Smash, then there's ZERO reasons for both Peach and Rosalina to be in (after all, the three princesses are a known trio when together. They even had their own DRAWN comic!).
wow. the jmportance outta te roof no sprite comic but a drawn one nah screw games yur important with comics.

Bitf is where its at kirbee desvres thousand reps an own drawn webconic serious.

Seriously, Nintendo games make importance.
Not the webcomics.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Is it creepy that I had a dream similar to that a week ago? O_o

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
wow. the jmportance outta te roof no sprite comic but a drawn one nah screw games yur important with comics.

Bitf is where its at kirbee desvres thousand reps an own drawn webconic serious.

Seriously, Nintendo games make importance.
Not the webcomics.
True that, but the fact remains that the three together were popular enough to get their own drawn comic (thus meaning that there's more Daisy fans that just those we already knows, except they only like her when she's with her two friends... Thus, it would be very easy to convince them to vote for Daisy as a Smash 4 DLC character. Why? Because if Daisy gets in Smash, she'll be with her two friends in the same game, thus making them more happy with the game. It's only beneficial.)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
True that, but the fact remains that the three together were popular enough to get their own drawn comic (thus meaning that there's more Daisy fans that just those we already knows, except they only like her when she's with her two friends... Thus, it would be very easy to convince them to vote for Daisy as a Smash 4 DLC character. Why? Because if Daisy gets in Smash, she'll be with her two friends in the same game, thus making them more happy with the game. It's only beneficial.)
I guess you are right. As long we get more support it's all good.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

You mean the two friends Luigi and Peach?

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
You mean the two friends Luigi and Peach?
I MEANT PEACH AND ROSALINA, WHICH ARE DAISY'S FRIENDS! Besides, having both :peachmelee: :peach: :4peach: and :rosalina: but no Daisy doesn't make these people as happy as they would be if both three were in the game.

Fun fact: I hate the :4luigi:X Daisy shipping. (As much as I hate the :4mario:X :4peach: shipping, or even more)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I MEANT PEACH AND ROSALINA, WHICH ARE DAISY'S FRIENDS! Besides, having both :peachmelee: :peach: :4peach: and :rosalina: but no Daisy doesn't make these people as happy as they would be if both three were in the game.

Fun fact: I hate the :4luigi:X Daisy shipping. (As much as I hate the :4mario:X :4peach: shipping, or even more)
Popular ships in general tend to get annoying pretty fast while the more underrated ones are interesting. Mona x Wario > Mario x Peach = Luigi x Daisy.

Your first point is something I can agree with. Adding Daisy in general would not only complete the Mario princesses, but the overall Mario representation in Smash (Unless any Toad were to be ignored again plus "muh super popular Geno").

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Popular ships in general tend to get annoying pretty fast while the more underrated ones are interesting. Mona x Wario > Mario x Peach = Luigi x Daisy.

Your first point is something I can agree with. Adding Daisy in general would not only complete the Mario princesses, but the overall Mario representation in Smash (Unless any Toad were to be ignored again plus "muh super popular Geno").
The Luigi x Daisy ship is my favorite one. You made your point the Mario verse would be complete that way, unless Nintendo does not feel that way.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You made your point the Mario verse would be complete that way, unless Nintendo does not feel that way.
That may be true, Nintendo loves pushing the hell out of Mario since it's one of their biggest money makers. Whether it's on TV or in a video game store, Mario would normally be the first thing you see since the franchise is a cultural phenomenon.

I can easily see us getting at least one Mario DLC character, but that still doesn't mean that we won't have more Mario newcomers in future installments. People may complain that the series is overrated and there's enough representation, but nothing's ever going to stop Mario bias in Smash since it has been evident since the first game (stages, items, ect.).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Popular ships in general tend to get annoying pretty fast while the more underrated ones are interesting.Luigi x Daisy > Mona x Wario > Mario x Peach

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ok maybe we should talk about Daisy.

Superball Flowers or Nah?
#SuperBallsDaisy :troll:
Superball Flower as an item or a new Special Move? Got to have that Super Mario Land representation after all.

#SuperBallsDaisy could work if perverts weren't to think that she's a shemale. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Neutral B.
Maybe have her turn in Superball Daisy too! (Which would change nothing to her clothes at all)
Perfect choice for a projectile, having it bounce whenever it hits a floor or wall too. It could be a brief flicker for her dress during the move to give her the Superball Colors (Assuming if anything in Super Mario Land had color o begin with).

Since finals are going to absorb me for this night and the rest of the weekend, why don't you continue the conversation with anyone else who stops by or go nuts with any other topic while I'm gone.

Again, I'll be soooooo glad when this semester is finished. :urg:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Perfect choice for a projectile, having it bounce whenever it hits a floor or wall too. It could be a brief flicker for her dress during the move to give her the Superball Colors (Assuming if anything in Super Mario Land had color o begin with).

Since finals are going to absorb me for this night and the rest of the weekend, why don't you continue the conversation with anyone else who stops by or go nuts with any other topic while I'm gone.

Again, I'll be soooooo glad when this semester is finished. :urg:
Guess I'll have to take the thread duties!

What else is there to talk about......we already have 51 pages of info.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
OMG A COMIC WALUIGOO SHOE IN DAY 1 BUY COMIIIIIIIIICS.

AND ITS DRAWN AND PRUPLE ITS ON TOP OF WEB COMIC TOTEM POLE SHOE SHOE SHOEEEEE IIIIIIN.

-I went too far-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t_RgFN1SCc
While Waluigi MAY have a drawn comic, it's only purple and white, and doesn't make much sense (it doesn't have much dialogue either). On the other hand, Daisy had an important role in a colored drawn comic, with a sort of plot behind it.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I keep hearing rumors about data of Daisy's crown being found in Gamefaqs is it true?(Ugh, had to contain my urge to not go into a fit of rage that site is full of Daisy haters and Rosalina fanboys.>_<)

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I keep hearing rumors about data of Daisy's crown being found in Gamefaqs is it true?(Ugh, had to contain my urge to not go into a fit of rage that site is full of Daisy haters and Rosalina fanboys.>_<)
I just don't understand why they would hate Daisy...pretty childish, if you ask me. As of now, she's lower on the totem pole than Rosie is, but I just can't place my finger on why they hate her so much, when she isn't bothering anybody with her current position. The other way around, I totally understand, though. Trying to justify Rosalina's popularity by hating on Daisy is just like the melee/brawl communities hating on each other...silly and redundant. To me, anti-Daisy fans make fan girls look like the Smash Community.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I've got some bad news.....

Daisy's Crown is already in the game. As a Mii Costume.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
OMG A COMIC WALUIGOO SHOE IN DAY 1 BUY COMIIIIIIIIICS.

AND ITS DRAWN AND PRUPLE ITS ON TOP OF WEB COMIC TOTEM POLE SHOE SHOE SHOEEEEE IIIIIIN.

-I went too far-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t_RgFN1SCc
While Waluigi MAY have a drawn comic, it's only purple and white, and doesn't make much sense (it doesn't have much dialogue either). On the other hand, Daisy had an important role in a colored drawn comic, with a sort of plot behind it.
Don't tell me you people don't know about Brawl in the Family.

:231:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
BitF inspired my comic. We even did a tribute when it ended.

Top Bottom