• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
THEORY: Daisy is sort of the "mother nature" of the Mario series, or a person who is similar to the concept of mother nature or an earth guardian.

Ok I don't think Daisy exactly controls all the nature of the Mario series, but I think she has some sort of high power over plants, flowers, and nature.

For example, Rosalina is the guardian of space, the stars, and galaxies, and has power over them.
I think Peach is the guardian of love and healing, as shown in her heart powers and sweet personality.
Daisy, on the other hand, is the guardian of nature and life.

REASONS WHY I THINK SO:
In almost every Mario spinoff, Daisy's powers involve flowers, such as making a garden appear in the ground, or shooting petals.
This shows her magical ability to summon/control plants/flowers.
Her personality is very energetic and lively, which, in a way, symbolizes life and liveliness.

I feel like if there was a wilting forest or a dried up garden, Daisy would be able to use her powers to bring it back to life again and make it bloom.

Then again.. Daisy might just be an ordinary princess with flower powers. Haha

I always thought of Daisy being a slightly immature person, child-like in nature compared to Rosalina.

Like this comic strip inspired by Frozen.

It's so cute. (Link to artist)

Yes i know that, but i keep hearing that they found that data is not related to the Mii costume.
Tell....me....WHERE??????

(Knowing GameFAQ's)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Can't remember exactly where and i don't wanna go back and watch all the hate again.
Don't worry, I'll find the link, sift through the hate and cross-examine and analyse the evidence for you guys!

If I can find the link.....

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Don't tell me you people don't know about Brawl in the Family.

:231:
... I don't. I'm from Smack Jeeves (you know, that webcomic hosting website).

I always thought of Daisy being a slightly immature person, child-like in nature compared to Rosalina.

Like this comic strip inspired by Frozen.

It's so cute. (Link to artist)

Tell....me....WHERE??????

(Knowing GameFAQ's)
1. ANOTHER DRAWN COMIC WITH COLORS THAT AREN'T CHARACTERS' BORDERS! (Oops, it's just art, my bad)
2. I would like to see the link, myself. Just so that I (alongside my sister) can convince those haters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Daisy Crown? I've already had that since Brawl's launch and made me a Daisy Mii Fighter to fully reflect the playstyle I want.

But in all seriousness, most Mii costumes/hats were ported directly from the 3DS's Streetpass system and I doubt any of that deconfirms a character. May I remind you all that Luigi and Mario hats exists in that game?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
When did you start reading it? Of what board?
Don't worry about it. If it really is true, then the news will spread like wildfire and it will be a strike of fortune for us.

I think i'll avoid that site for a while, seeing so many Daisy haters is making me feel down in the gutters.

The Inklings are confirmed as Dlc for the Miis, i know this does not count them out as seperate characters but this could also mean less competition out of the way. It's now or never people!

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The Inklings are confirmed as Dlc for the Miis, i know this does not count them out as seperate characters but this could also mean less competition out of the way. It's now or never people!
It means nothing. Daisy is a Peach Alt color and her Hair/Crown are a Mii hat. I'm sure we've all already made Daisy Miis with Brawler Shot Puts as substitute Super Balls.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Your comment reminds me of something. Michaeloll's pretty ballsy for insulting the Splatoon fanbase while defending Daisy. That's a pretty bold move on his part.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/71769404

Now or never eh? Then the first thing you and some users should do is spread those Vote for Daisy images from the last few pages on sites like Tumblr and Twitter. :)

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Your comment reminds me of something. Michaeloll's pretty ballet to insulting the Splatoon fanbase while defending Daisy. That's a pretty bold move on his part.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/71769404

Now or never eh? Then the first thing you and some users should do is spread those Vote for Daisy images from the last few pages on sites like Tumblr and Twitter. :)
I don't have Twitter acount, one of the things i am doing aside from commenting on Omni's videos is convincing my friends to vote for her in the ballot. Just gave your Facebook page a Like.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Daisy made it in 2nd place in a Tumblr poll.

http://supersmashbroscentral.tumblr.../super-smash-bros-central-fighter-ballot-poll

Look at those results. Scratch off Waluigi (because he's an Assist), scratch of Inklings (because they're already in as Mii Fighters), and scratch off Chrom (because he's already part of a Final Smash and other cameos). This leaves Daisy and King K Rool. I feel like these 2 might get in as DLC.

And honestly, I think other poll charts that place Daisy at a very low spot are bullshiat. I feel like that's very biased because she does indeed have many voters, and those that make the poll charts themselves probably just don't like Daisy or hate her, and place her low just cause they think she's low and disregard her.

I strongly believe she will be DLC!

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
When I saw six users viewing this thread, I thought we found a breakthrough!

Well there is still many months to go....

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

http://supersmashbroscentral.tumblr.../super-smash-bros-central-fighter-ballot-poll

Look at those results. Scratch off Waluigi (because he's an Assist), scratch of Inklings (because they're already in as Mii Fighters), and scratch off Chrom (because he's already part of a Final Smash and other cameos). This leaves Daisy and King K Rool. I feel like these 2 might get in as DLC.

And honestly, I think other poll charts that place Daisy at a very low spot are bullshiat. I feel like that's very biased because she does indeed have many voters, and those that make the poll charts themselves probably just don't like Daisy or hate her, and place her low just cause they think she's low and disregard her.

If only more polls were like this, but that's why we gotta do our best.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

People STILL want Chrom even when we're already getting Roy as a fifth Fire Emblem character? Ha that's ritch and I don't think the series deserve anymore after Roy as a Fire Emblem fan. :laugh:

Hooray for Daisy being one of the more requested characters on Tumblr since's that's where most of her support comes from anyway. You may be right about people purposely down voting Daisy on any other community because if their biased hatred towards her. It's just something I can easily see happening given how "controversial" the fanbase is. The other choices I can agree with except for Chrom for obvious reasons.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
What other female character could they add other than Daisy?

Dixie? Well, if K Rool get's in, she won't.
Krystal? If Wolf gets in, she won't.

Inkling girl already in as a Mii Fighter.

This leaves Daisy as the only option.

Now, I know there's choices like Mona, Impa, or Lana, but they're never actually voted as high as Daisy.
(I know Impa was voted higher than Daisy in that one chart that someone linked, but I REFUSE to believe that. I just doubt people voted for Impa more than Daisy. No hate to Impa, though)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Now, I know there's choices like Mona, Impa, Toon Zelda, Tetra, Captain Toadette as Cap. Toad alt, Medusa, or Lana, but they're never actually voted as high as Daisy.
(I know Impa was voted higher than Daisy in that one chart that someone linked, but I REFUSE to believe that. I just doubt people voted for Impa more than Daisy. No hate to Impa, though)
Yeah, um lets forget that Mario already got two newcomers this time around and say that series can't get, I dunno, two characters.
Especially if that series has only two characters and the characters in question are requested very highly.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I feel like Mario will still get a DLC character since is is the main series of Smash Bros. It is the most prominent, and Mario games get the highest sales, so I'm sure a Mario DLC character (Daisy, in this case), will probably be good for Nintendo's sales as well.
But what options are there for a Mario DLC character?
Captain Toad
Paper Mario
Daisy

I'm not going to include Geno cause I just know he probably won't get in. He's a Mario RPG partner who only appeared in 1 game, Super Mario RPG, and he isn't really one of the most important Mario characters. He would be a very random addition. What would he represent? The Mario RPG games? I think that's Paper Mario's job.

But about Paper Mario: I really don't want him. Despite the fact that he'd probably have a unique moveset, he's still Mario and I don't want there to be 3 Marios in the game. It won't really feel like a different character to me. Honestly, I would prefer to have Baby Mario, with the other babies as his alternate costumes.

Costume list:
1) Baby Mario -default red
2) Baby Mario - Fire Flower colors
3) Baby Mario - Ice Flower colors
4) Baby Mario - Wario colors
5) Baby Luigi
6) Baby Peach
7) Baby Daisy
8) Baby Rosalina

I would always play as the baby Daisy and Rosalina costumess. It would be so trolly to play as Baby Daisy in For Glory mode haha! But honestly, I doubt Baby Mario will get in.

So this leaves it as Toad vs Daisy. Toad is already part of Peach's B move. You may say, "OH! CAPTAIN TOAD CAN STILL GET IN!" I just don't think Captain Toad will get in before the actual Toad character himself. But, what do you think?

This leaves it as only Daisy herself left.

ARGUMENTS AGAINST DAISY:
- Daisy is a Peach clone with no moveset potential. No she isn't. She have plenty of potential moves such as sports moves, Mario party moves, Mario Kart moves, and possibly Super Mario Land-related attacks. I don't know what kind of unique moves Dixie would have, other than her hair. Same goes with Krystal. I don't know what she'd do other than her staff. But then again, I haven't played enough Donkey Kong Country or Starfox to know what they'd do.

-Daisy is irrelevant. Yes, Daisy only appears in spinoffs, but honestly we already have the most important Mario characters in Smash. Every important Mario character is already playable in Smash, leaving Daisy, along with the ones mentioned above as the only choices available. But I already explained why they all probably wouldn't make it in.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
It means nothing. Daisy is a Peach Alt color and her Hair/Crown are a Mii hat. I'm sure we've all already made Daisy Miis with Brawler Shot Puts as substitute Super Balls.
You read my mind. Already have a Daisy Brawler Mii with Shot put. And regarding Daisy as a Peach Alt color, I believe that she'll still get in because, Mario also has a Wario Alt color, and look what they did with Wario.
Don't worry about it. If it really is true, then the news will spread like wildfire and it will be a strike of fortune for us.

I think i'll avoid that site for a while, seeing so many Daisy haters is making me feel down in the gutters.

Don't let those haters bother you, man. They're too close-minded to know what they're talking about. Daisy has the strongest, and most lively personality out of all three of the Mario gals, and actually has a great foundation of her persona to pass off as a main stream character.

Before I get more into waxing poetic about her, just don't let those anti-Daisy fans bring you down; as a matter of fact, don't let anybody ruin your day over something as childish as this, and I'm speaking on behalf of all the Daisy fans here.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I feel like Mario will still get a DLC character since is is the main series of Smash Bros. It is the most prominent, and Mario games get the highest sales, so I'm sure a Mario DLC character (Daisy, in this case), will probably be good for Nintendo's sales as well.
Captain Toad
Paper Mario
Daisy

So this leaves it as Toad vs Daisy. Toad is already part of Peach's B move. You may say, "OH! CAPTAIN TOAD CAN STILL GET IN!" I just don't think Captain Toad will get in before the actual Toad character himself. But, what do you think?

ARGUMENTS AGAINST DAISY:
- Daisy is a Peach clone with no moveset potential. No she isn't. She have plenty of potential moves such as sports moves, Mario party moves, Mario Kart moves, and possibly Super Mario Land-related attacks. I don't know what kind of unique moves Dixie would have, other than her hair. Same goes with Krystal. I don't know what she'd do other than her staff. But then again, I haven't played enough Donkey Kong Country or Starfox to know what they'd do.

-Daisy is irrelevant. Yes, Daisy only appears in spinoffs, but honestly we already have the most important Mario characters in Smash. Every important Mario character is already playable in Smash, leaving Daisy, along with the ones mentioned above as the only choices available. But I already explained why they all probably wouldn't make it in.
Those were some though arguments my dear friend, especially the relevance part since this argument had been applied to MANY characters before pre-speculation. It's arguably null and void since we have Jigglypuff (a reoccurring veteran who was barely used in the Pokemon anime these days). The only true argument that justifies her inclusion is because she represents a new type introduced in the 6th generation.

Even as someone who likes the Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker game, I don't see how he could be playable when his more notable counterpart had been denied four games straight. He would probably wind up being a small heavyweight fighter with a backpack, which is a bad combination in all itself.

As for Paper Mario, let's say that Sticker Star had done tarnished the series's reputation and Miyamoto is to blame for believing that the Japanese fans didn't care for the story in the games. That and many people would probably shed tears if they dare add another Mario in the roster as long as Doc exists. The stage itself being called Paper Mario is the final nail on the coffin since Sakurai would feel that it's enough representation for those fans like Brawl.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
But about Paper Mario: I really don't want him. Despite the fact that he'd probably have a unique moveset, he's still Mario and I don't want there to be 3 Marios in the game. It won't really feel like a different character to me. Honestly, I would prefer to have Baby Mario, with the other babies as his alternate costumes.
Hmph, we don't need another Game & Watch...

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I legitimately can't believe I forgot about the Superball Flower power up from Super Mario Land when considering Daisy's move set. That's an amazing "derp" level thing for her to have that would totally compliment the design and role everyone wants to see from her as the sport tomboyish competitive sport-er.

People STILL want Chrom even when we're already getting Roy as a fifth Fire Emblem character? Ha that's ritch and I don't think the series deserve anymore after Roy as a Fire Emblem fan. :laugh:
Nah, FE can keep going until Lyn & Anna happen. Aqua is also looking pretty neat as a dancer spear user if FEif promo material is anything to go by.

I can do without Flaming Marf and Waifu Marf though, but I respect the fans of those characters enough to not crap on their parade.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Captain Toad
Paper Mario
Daisy

I'm not going to include Geno cause I just know he probably won't get in. He's a Mario RPG partner who only appeared in 1 game, Super Mario RPG, and he isn't really one of the most important Mario characters. He would be a very random addition. What would he represent? The Mario RPG games? I think that's Paper Mario's job.

Costume list:
1) Baby Mario -default red
2) Baby Mario - Fire Flower colors
3) Baby Mario - Ice Flower colors
4) Baby Mario - Wario colors
5) Baby Luigi
6) Baby Peach
7) Baby Daisy
8) Baby Rosalina

I would always play as the baby Daisy and Rosalina costumess. It would be so trolly to play as Baby Daisy in For Glory mode haha! But honestly, I doubt Baby Mario will get in.

ARGUMENTS AGAINST DAISY:

Because they will totally not add a new Mario character that was an important NPC in Galaxy and its successor, had minigames in WiiU's biggest Mario game, and has his own game on the WiiU and has a good amount of ballot support?

As for the second, you don't know how many times I wanna slam you.
Dixie has nothing more than her hair, but her hair is so unique.

For Dixie, I'm putting this down here:
http://dixie4smash.wix.com/votedixie#!dlc-highlights/cvsl

It includes my moveset and a general moveset page for Dixie.

Tl;dr

Hair can spin to attack, slow descend, speed up and can allow her to pull off all konds of acrobatic stuff.

Same for Krystal, her staff is what makes her unique,
There is no bo-staff playstyle in Smash yet.
Forget the things about Ice Blasts fans have been telling you, the physical attacks are what makes the staff cool.
They give her a moveset full of mobilty, range and flexibility.

Sorry I'm such a Debbie Downer, I support Daisy, but don't **** on other characters to justify her.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Nah, FE can keep going until Lyn & Anna happen. Aqua is also looking pretty neat as a dancer spear user if FEif promo material is anything to go by.

I can do without Flaming Marf and Waifu Marf though, but I respect the fans of those characters enough to not crap on their parade.
Sorry to break it to you, but I doubt Nintendo would add more characters of a series that only RECENTLY went outside of Japan (while starting in Japan in the NES years). Besides, a lot of series are more important and/or loved (seriously, Roy and Lucina are enough for me. Daraen/Robin is only fun to play. And Marth and Ike were in the previous games so it's basically enough)

Now, I know there's choices like Mona, Impa, or Lana, but they're never actually voted as high as Daisy.
About the "There's choices": You forgot Medusa (already have a lot of fans) and Viridi (her fandom is slowly growing).

Because they will totally not add a new Mario character that was an important NPC in Galaxy and its successor, had minigames in WiiU's biggest Mario game, and has his own game on the WiiU and has a good amount of ballot support?

As for the second, you don't know how many times I wanna slam you.
Dixie has nothing more than her hair, but her hair is so unique.

For Dixie, I'm putting this down here:
http://dixie4smash.wix.com/votedixie#!dlc-highlights/cvsl

It includes my moveset and a general moveset page for Dixie.

Tl;dr

Hair can spin to attack, slow descend, speed up and can allow her to pull off all konds of acrobatic stuff.

Same for Krystal, her staff is what makes her unique,
There is no bo-staff playstyle in Smash yet.
Forget the things about Ice Blasts fans have been telling you, the physical attacks are what makes the staff cool.
They give her a moveset full of mobilty, range and flexibility.

Sorry I'm such a Debbie Downer, I support Daisy, but don't **** on other characters to justify her.
I agree on the Krystal part. Dixie... not so much, but I would prefer her over K Rool (as a new Donkey Kong representative).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Dixie has a decent chance even if K. Rool happens, if any franchise has a chance of getting 2 DLC characters, it's DK.
Krystal is unlikely, due to Wolf.
Inklings have taken a hit.
Impa is hard to say.

I don't think just being female is a good reason to include someone, but of the few female applicants we have, I think it's Dixie > Impa >= Daisy >> everyone else.

I don't really have hope for a Mario DLC, even if I would love it - not after the Mario representation practically doubled, and Bowser Jr became a fanservice package.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I think Dixie has a decent chance even if K. Rool happens, if any franchise has a chance of getting 2 DLC characters, it's DK.
Krystal is unlikely, due to Wolf.
Inklings have taken a hit.
Impa is hard to say.

I don't think just being female is a good reason to include someone, but of the few female applicants we have, I think it's Dixie > Impa >= Daisy >> everyone else.

I don't really have hope for a Mario DLC, even if I would love it - not after the Mario representation practically doubled, and Bowser Jr became a fanservice package.

Well the main advantage that Mario DLC would have is that the character would be instantly recognisable, which is very important for paid content. Although, I'm not sure how many people would be willing to pay for a character that is as infamous as Daisy.....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well the main advantage that Mario DLC would have is that the character would be instantly recognisable, which is very important for paid content. Although, I'm not sure how many people would be willing to pay for a character that is as infamous as Daisy.....
Same reason why I don't have hope in a Rhythm Heaven character because the Gematsu Leak had tarnished its reputation and the more hardcore Smash fans wouldn't want to buy them.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Actually, Daisy would be very easily recognized, considering she appeared IN EVERY MARIO SPIN-OFF GAME SINCE MARIO PARTY 3 or 4 (I can't exactly remember).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Well we can all say that she's a bigger shoo-in than Shovel Knight and Banjo Kazooie. And yes, I'm implying that a first party character from one of Nintendo's bigger series has a better chance than a recent indie character and Microsoft's poor man's Rare mascot. :troll:
Yeah (even though I don't know either of these characters. Me, a huge Nintendo fan, not knowing about a few characters, that's quite rare).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
If we count normal posts, it would be slightly higher than Waluigi. But if we count Rule 34, it's sadly more by a massive margin. :urg:
Ugh. Well at least the support is there, just ignore those Rule 34 posts, i also stumbled upon a post that says if we are tired of pretending the Daisy recolor for Peach is real and completely agree; I want her to be her own character not an insulting palette swap.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Hmm.. I'm wondering if Daisy hentai/porn artists actually want her in Smash, or if they just find her hot. What do you think? I hope they want her in Smash! haha

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hmm.. I'm wondering if Daisy hentai/porn artists actually want her in Smash, or if they just find her hot. What do you think? I hope they want her in Smash! haha
If Palutena is anything to go by, they would probably be voting anyways since her inclusion in Smash would inspire more "art". I would even be lying when I've saw one of "those posts" asking their thirsty fans to cast a vote for her. :troll:

Top Bottom