• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To be fair Smash 4's hype was less stupid than Brawl's got. The Geno fandom is living proof of that.
As someone who haven't signed up but lurked around that time, I haven't seen some examples of it. But if what you say is true, then I know that what I've implied was a misconception. So I take it that there was much more flaming on character choices and trolling at the time, right?

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I believe it was less "your character is stupid and will never happen" and more "my character IS 100% GARUNTEED AND YOU ARE DUMB FOR DENYING IT!"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I believe it was less "your character is stupid and will never happen" and more "my character IS 100% GARUNTEED AND YOU ARE DUMB FOR DENYING IT!"
Sounds basically like the comment section of YouTube and a more family friendly version of the 4Chan topic section. Definitely less worse than the Smash 4 speculation now that I think about it. :laugh:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
"Daisy would be a ****ing clone and we do not need another one of those in Smash."

"The fact that K. Rool lost to the likes of Fire Marth and Autistic Peach makes me lose faith in humanity."
Fire Marth...? Really? Lucina is more similar to Marth than Roy is! And as for Daisy, Rosalina has more similarities to Peach than Daisy does, and she (Space Peach) is allowed to be unique, and not the Spunky Princess? Dude, I feel like personally going to that site and busting some heads...! I'll go in complete damage control mode, and set these morons straight! :mad: Sorry, I just wanted to get that off of my chest.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Fire Marth...? Really? Lucina is more similar to Marth than Roy is! And as for Daisy, Rosalina has more similarities to Peach than Daisy does, and she (Space Peach) is allowed to be unique, and not the Spunky Princess? Dude, I feel like personally going to that site and busting some heads...! I'll go in complete damage control mode, and set these morons straight! :mad: Sorry, I just wanted to get that off of my chest.
You know how fanboys are, they ignore the uniqueness and characteristics of a character they hate and just focus on hating them with a passion. And as for Rosalina you are right, starting from Super Mario 3D World she has lost that calm, mysterious and motherly personality and is becoming more of a Peach-like character, and yet fanboys call Daisy a Peach clone.

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I never liked seeing people debate which character should get into Smash. There's far too much fanboyism for every character and it hurts to see people insult each other for preferring one character over another. Why do we have to call Rosalina a "Peach clone"? Why do they have to call Roy "Fire Marth"? There's no need to be so rude to one another. Can we talk about how a character would work in Smash and not insult other characters?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I never liked seeing people debate which character should get into Smash. There's far too much fanboyism for every character and it hurts to see people insult each other for preferring one character over another. Why do we have to call Rosalina a "Peach clone"? Why do they have to call Roy "Fire Marth"? There's no need to be so rude to one another. Can we talk about how a character would work in Smash and not insult other characters?
Sorry i got carried away there. But that's how it is starting to look for Rosalina, anyway back on topic: How is the support for Daisy going?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As someone who haven't signed up but lurked around that time, I haven't seen some examples of it. But if what you say is true, then I know that what I've implied was a misconception. So I take it that there was much more flaming on character choices and trolling at the time, right?
The fandom as a whole was much younger and our expectations for how many characters there'd be was way off. People were saying there'd be 50 characters because Melee had double the characters that 64 had. Not to mention how protective the fandom got. Geno got the weirdest echo chamber going and people were arguing how he'd help the game sell. I like Geno but he would not help the game sell by any strech fo the imagination. In fact the amount of time and money it'd take to deal with Square... And the general immaturity of it all, for example the Krystal support thread was called "The R*** Staff".

We had more tempered expectations when Smash 4 came around (except on the topic of Ridley) so in general I saw people keeping the characters on their rosters down to only 10 newcomers.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Great job for expressing on why her inclusion would make the line up of Smash females excellent for now. That model of Daisy looks like she easily fits in with the style of the other Super Smash Bros. Wii U female fighters.

And now to share this bad boy on Twitter and Tumblr (All credit will be given to you) after I'm done studying for finals in a bit. ;)

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Really awesome man! I wish could do more than just comment on Omni 's videos and convince other people to vote for her,( My only real talent is learning English from just watching tv and reading books ever since i was just a baby-_-.)

Great job for expressing on why her inclusion would make the line up of Smash females excellent for now. That model of Daisy looks like she easily fits in with the style of the other Super Smash Bros. Wii U female fighters.

And now to share this bad boy on Twitter and Tumblr (All credit will be given to you) after I'm done studying for finals in a bit. ;)
Thanks guys! And I actually already posted in on Tumblr but I'd love for you to share it on Twitter! Thanks!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
can i be a supporter.I think she would be the perfect person to rep the sports/spin off series of smash plus she's daisy

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
can i be a supporter.I think she would be the perfect person to rep the sports/spin off series of smash plus she's daisy
"Hi, I'm Daisy!"

You are now an honorary member of the Daisy Gardens as stated by the support list. Here we do all things relating to Daisy and talk about the endless possibilities she has as a fighter.

Make sure you had already voted for her on the ballot website or have any plans to ask Omni about #Smashified Daisy (On YouTube or Twitter). ;)

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
"Hi, I'm Daisy!"

You are now an honorary member of the Daisy Gardens as stated by the support list. Here we do all things relating to Daisy and talk about the endless possibilities she has as a fighter.

Make sure you had already voted for her on the ballot website or have any plans to ask Omni about #Smashified Daisy (On YouTube or Twitter). ;)
*salutes* will get straight on it

HanAmes

Smash Ace
My apologies...sometimes, I get worked up over this kind of situation. So, I'll look before I leap, next time.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well, my picture hasn't really caught on yet. Maybe I'm not tagging it correctly for maximum expansion.

At least I finally mustered up the guts to actually post it. Thanks busty thread.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, my picture hasn't really caught on yet. Maybe I'm not tagging it correctly for maximum expansion.

At least I finally mustered up the guts to actually post it. Thanks busty thread.
You're welcome fellow dong lord. I've heard that the first five tags are the ones that will be commonly searched for any image, so you might want to see if the first five are noticeable enough.

I'd give the image nearly three days until it trends since some of my more famous ones took that long to get the notes that they needed. Tumblroids are normally busy during weekday nights after a long day of college after all.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You're welcome fellow dong lord. I've heard that the first five tags are the ones that will be commonly searched for any image, so you might want to see if the first five are noticeable enough.

I'd give the image nearly three days until it trends since some of my more famous ones took that long to get the notes that they needed. Tumblroids are normally busy during weekday nights after a long day of college after all.
...It only has five tags. Clearly I'm doing something wrong then.

I'm more surprised you haven't found it. :troll:

My Rosalina image has slightly more attention, if that even means anything.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
...It only has five tags. Clearly I'm doing something wrong then.

I'm more surprised you haven't found it. :troll:

My Rosalina image has slightly more attention, if that even means anything.
Of course the galactic princess would get some traction since she's already all over the place. They just can't get enough of her "space vortex" in Smash.

It would help if you told me the name of your account since I might see some pieces that don't look like they're in your style. Since it's getting too late, I'll be looking for it again after a good night's rest. :tired:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Of course the galactic princess would get some traction since she's already all over the place. They just can't get enough of her "space vortex" in Smash.

It would help if you told me the name of your account since I might see some pieces that don't look like they're in your style. Since it's getting too late, I'll be looking for it again after a good night's rest. :tired:
Pff, that's too easy.

It should still be recent enough if you search "Princess Daisy."

And something about a ballot.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
You know how fanboys are, they ignore the uniqueness and characteristics of a character they hate and just focus on hating them with a passion. And as for Rosalina you are right, starting from Super Mario 3D World she has lost that calm, mysterious and motherly personality and is becoming more of a Peach-like character, and yet fanboys call Daisy a Peach clone.
Have you SEEN how they Peachified her in Mario Kart 8? Her Luma is gone, and Rosalina has exactly the same horn as Peach does.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Damn. We really have our work cut out for ourselves if we want Daisy on the same boat as Rosalina. Especially with her growing fandom of fanboys >_<.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Have you SEEN how they Peachified her in Mario Kart 8? Her Luma is gone, and Rosalina has exactly the same horn as Peach does.
And the fanboys don't even take notice of this kind of stuff, and just drool over Rosalina's appareance and almost entirely ignore how her character is being changed, one of the reasons Daisy is my favorite of the three is because of her tomboyish and lively personality, and that she is not a damsel in distress.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
In rosalinas defense no one has personalities in the main games besides Luigi and the koopalings.Everyone else is just there especially in 3d world.And how would you add the luma to Rosie's move set in a 3d/2.5 d platformer without making it complicated. And I can't say much for mk8 tho

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I like it, but I think Lucina's not really happy about being in the back (not that she IS from one of the most famous series... Although her and Palutena are still more important than Wii Fit Trainer. Besides, you forgot the female Villager and the female Robin, and there's also people who thinks Sheik is a male, so there's that)...
Otherwise, I think it makes the "Daisy is more popular when alongside Peach and Rosalina" fact look more obvious.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Strange, seeing Palutena so far in the back with Miss Fit and Lucine seems like a subliminal message of hating Sakurai bias. That actually makes the image even funnier than it already is and I can't stop getting the "bias arguments" out of my head. :laugh:

And now that @ memoryman3 memoryman3 bought it up, I wonder where the original Daisy render came from. It reminds me of the same model that either @N3ON or that other artist used for that Daisy sig.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Strange, seeing Palutena so far in the back with Miss Fit and Lucine seems like a subliminal message of hating Sakurai bias. That actually makes the image even funnier than it already is and I can't stop getting the "bias arguments" out of my head. :laugh:

And now that @ memoryman3 memoryman3 bought it up, I wonder where the original Daisy render came from. It reminds me of the same model that either @N3ON or that other artist used for that Daisy sig.
I kind of forgot to send this to the main thread...

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I like it, but I think Lucina's not really happy about being in the back (not that she IS from one of the most famous series... Although her and Palutena are still more important than Wii Fit Trainer. Besides, you forgot the female Villager and the female Robin, and there's also people who thinks Sheik is a male, so there's that)...
Otherwise, I think it makes the "Daisy is more popular when alongside Peach and Rosalina" fact look more obvious.
I decided to put Palutena in the very middle back because her halo makes the poster look more organized and symmetrical.

And I didn't exactly forget the female Villager and Robin, it was just that I didn't want to put any alternate costumes here.

Daisy render comes from here: http://machriderz.deviantart.com/art/SSBPC-Daisy-494545559

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I don't suppose it would be too much to ask you for the female Villagers, female Robin, and (BTW, VERY curious that you didn't add this) Wendy O. Koopa?

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than aware that Wendy is an alternate skin for Bowser Jr., but still, she's been around since the late 80s, and more than her own character here. Or maybe it's just that my favorite video game villains are Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings and I STILL have WAY too much hype from all 8 of them being playable in Smash 4.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I don't suppose it would be too much to ask you for the female Villagers, female Robin, and (BTW, VERY curious that you didn't add this) Wendy O. Koopa?

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than aware that Wendy is an alternate skin for Bowser Jr., but still, she's been around since the late 80s, and more than her own character here. Or maybe it's just that my favorite video game villains are Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings and I STILL have WAY too much hype from all 8 of them being playable in Smash 4.:rolleyes:
... I believe It's more the latter.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

Ok since you asked, here's the version with alts. I hope it doesn't look messy

I feel like this poster just sort of boots people's interest in seeing Daisy in Smash because seeing her lined up with the other princess and other female smashers just lets them think "Damn, we really do need Daisy in this game" haha

Attachments

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
did daisy become a plumber after all the undeserved crap she gets?
(sorry, not sorry, sadly true)
Surprisingly there isn't much plumbing to be done around the Mushroom Kingdom. Except for all of the piranha plants.

Top Bottom