• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Daisy's chances.

As DLC... 10%

As a Smash 5 newcomer... around 48%

I'm realistic.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I would say it would go either way.

On one hand, playable in many popular
games

On other hands, large hate base and neglect by Nintendo. They gave Alph and the Koopalings alts and promoted Dr.Mario and Lucina from alts to having a full slot on the CSS. And Dark Pit.

Yet Peach still has THAT costume.
Dark Pit and Lucina are from less popular series, therefore CAN be accepted.
I won't try to argue about Dr Mario though (I know he was in Melee, but still! Daisy is more unique and should have been in the game in the first place instead of that ****ty Mario clone who's just Mario with different clothes and a slight modification in attacks! DAISY WAS THE MORE ORIGINAL IDEA AND INSTEAD THEY PUT IN ****TY DR MARIO BACK FROM F***ING MELEE! ... I can accept Rosalina, though, but people should NOT say that because both Peach and Rosalina is in means Daisy doesn't have a chance to be in... What they should say is that because both of them are in, Daisy SHOULD be in.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dark Pit and Lucina are from less popular series, therefore CAN be accepted.
I won't try to argue about Dr Mario though (I know he was in Melee, but still! Daisy is more unique and should have been in the game in the first place instead of that ****ty Mario clone who's just Mario with different clothes and a slight modification in attacks! DAISY WAS THE MORE ORIGINAL IDEA AND INSTEAD THEY PUT IN ****TY DR MARIO BACK FROM F***ING MELEE! ... I can accept Rosalina, though, but people should NOT say that because both Peach and Rosalina is in means Daisy doesn't have a chance to be in... What they should say is that because both of them are in, Daisy SHOULD be in.)
And let's not forget that Dr. Mario's his own character because Sakurai didn't want to alienate Melee fans. :troll:

But with all the DLC that we've been getting (including The leaked Roy), it's like Sakurai is trying his best to make the Melee competitives happy.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Unfortunately Pink Gold Peach is already in the game....

....you can see her as an intruder in Classic.
Thus, Nintendo is using her as the metal version of Peach, which means she can't be DLC.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Here is an exercise to flesh Daisy out.

If Daisy was included in Mario 3d World (or Super Mario 2) what would her stats and/or mechanic be (ex: Peach's glide, Rosalina's twirl, Luigi's extended jump)?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Doc hate is disheartening. :sadsheep:

If Daisy was included in Mario 3d World (or Super Mario 2) what would her stats and/or mechanic be (ex: Peach's glide, Rosalina's twirl, Luigi's extended jump)?
Give her an ability from Super Mario Land, maybe? I don't know much about the game though.

:231:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Creation of massive flowers (without the stems) as means of creating a platform or attacking since the petals spin.

I can imagine her having a faster running speed than Peach with poor jumping as a way of balancing her mechanic.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Creation of massive flowers (without the stems) as means of creating a platform or attacking since the petals spin.

I can imagine her having a faster running speed than Peach with poor jumping as a way of balancing her mechanic.
... You took the words right out of my mouth. (That means I was gonna say exactly that, until I've saw your post).

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Flower Trampolines that act like the Mushroom ones in World 4.
That or Piranha Creeper Creation.
That would make her more OP than Rosalina is. I would guess that she would still be able to float, and run faster than Mario, but has poor jump height and could go from powered up to small immediately.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Rosalina's power is a free double jump then why not give Daisy Superballs by default?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Rosalina's power is a free double jump then why not give Daisy Superballs by default?
While I do like the idea of Superballs being a unique moves of hers, I feel that it would make the Fire Flower itself redundant since it already grants you the ability to shoot projectiles.

It's rather ironic given that the Superball Flower was meant to be a substitute for the Fire Flower in the Super Mario Land games.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Here's my ideas on what Daisy could do in Smash.

I picture Daisy being like Luigi in terms of uniqueness. She'd have better running speed, but worse airspeed than Peach. Her upB could be her only special that's similar to Peach, but instead of using a parasol she'd use a flower glider from MK8. The flower glider would do no damage but in turn would cover much more vertical distance. Also, if you cancel her upB she'll let go of the flower glider and will go into free fall. If you do this you'll won't be able to use her upB again until the flower glider has floated past the blastzone off the top of the screen. While it's floating to the top of the screen, it will have properties of a solid platform so while it doesn't deal any damage it can still be used to ko your opponent by having it carry them off the top. Her sideB could be her defensive power shot from Mario Power Tennis, and it can also be used as another recovery option. I don't really have any ideas to what her downB could be though.

Daisy's jab could be punches instead of slaps which would be average in terms of speed, but great in terms of range and damage. Her smash attacks would hit really hard, have fast startup, but would have a lot of ending lag. She'd have a decent aerials in terms of speed, power, and range. Oh, and her Dair would be a spike. ^^ While her tilts would lack range, they would be quick and would be great combo starters. Her Final Smash could be her Super Strike from Mario Strikers Charged. She would jump up into the sky and would start kicking soccer balls all over the stage. The soccer balls would move fast and have really high knockback.

Not too sure on her taunts, but I know one of them must be her famous "Hi, I'm Daisy!" line. xD

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
As fellow Daisy fans, what do you think are her chances of getting into Smash? Go from percentage of 0 to 100% or from 1 to 10.

I don't mean to sound conceited, but I honestly would say she has an 90% chance or 9 out of 10 probability of getting in.
As an optimist, I'd say the best I could give her is 70%. Rosalina and Bowser Jr are already in the game, and Waluigi is still an assist trophy. As with all good things coming to an end, the only competition remaining is probably (Captain) Toad, since he already has his own game as well as appearing in recent main games. With him around, I'm starting to get concerned...

Then again, who is to say that this would be the only Smash Ballot? And probably more than a couple of characters would be considered for DLC, anyway. I'm still holding out hope, though...and StarCrystal20, I just wish I had your confidence.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
As an optimist, I'd say the best I could give her is 70%. Rosalina and Bowser Jr are already in the game, and Waluigi is still an assist trophy. As with all good things coming to an end, the only competition remaining is probably (Captain) Toad, since he already has his own game as well as appearing in recent main games. With him around, I'm starting to get concerned...

Then again, who is to say that this would be the only Smash Ballot? And probably more than a couple of characters would be considered for DLC, anyway. I'm still holding out hope, though...and StarCrystal20, I just wish I had your confidence.
Don't worry about it, i have doubts as well but i won't let that bring my confidence down, until i see something that is official saying that Daisy won't make it, i'll keep staying positive that she will make it.

And speaking of that, has Sakurai truly deconfirmed any characters so far?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ridley. Nuff said. And pretty much the countless NPC's that already have an AT or Pokeball role in the game. But that won't really stop people from voting for them in the ballot anyway.

And @ StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 , your picture with the Daisy Smash circle is doing well from what I'm seeing on Facebook. Up to 19 different users had liked the image on our Daisy for Smash page and few of them had shared it since yesterday. I've also made sure to show a link of your Tumblr post so that it can be reblogged and introduce them to the source of the image (Your DeviantArt account). This is a sign that Daisy support is slowly growing this ballot rages on. :)

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Don't worry about it, i have doubts as well but i won't let that bring my confidence down, until i see something that is official saying that Daisy won't make it, i'll keep staying positive that she will make it.

Yes, he deconfirmed the Ice Climbers by saying that they would not work correctly in the 3DS version.

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...bros-wii-u3ds-and-more-in-new-famitsu-column/

Also, he didn't say this directly, but I feel like the Inkling Mii Fighter costumes deconfirm them as actual fighters.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Ridley. Nuff said. And pretty much the countless NPC's that already have an AT or Pokeball role in the game. But that won't really stop people from voting for them in the ballot anyway.

And @ StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 , your picture with the Daisy Smash circle is doing well from what I'm seeing on Facebook. Up to 19 different users had liked the image on our Daisy for Smash page and few of them had shared it since yesterday. I've also made sure to show a link of your Tumblr post so that it can be reblogged and introduce them to the source of the image (Your DeviantArt account). This is a sign that Daisy support is slowly growing this ballot rages on. :)
* Rushes over to Facebook and gives the picture a like*
I think i'll be done commenting on Omni's vids thursday night, i could not finish last weekend because something came up.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

Thank you very much for sharing my Tumblr and DeviantART accounts on Facebook! And not only does the picture 19 likes on your Daisy facebook page, It also has 16 likes on the OTHER Daisy Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/5224428712...2442871214998/696938503765433/?type=1&theater

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Out of all the characters that seem to have some sort of popularity, Daisy's confuses me the most.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thank you very much for sharing my Tumblr and DeviantART accounts on Facebook! And not only does the picture 19 likes on your Daisy facebook page, It also has 16 likes on the OTHER Daisy Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/5224428712...2442871214998/696938503765433/?type=1&theater
Damn, your image is starting to spread like wild fire and I wouldn't be surprised if it would pop up in Goggle search like the other "Vote for Daisy" images that I've made. I hope these guys think about sharing it on their respective uses of social media and reblog the original on Tumblr. So far, we are actually doing way more promotion than the other Mario competitors if we ignore that "Vote for Geno" video on YouTube. Speaking of promotion....

* Rushes over to Facebook and gives the picture a like*
I think i'll be done commenting on Omni's vids thursday night, i could not finish last weekend because something came up.
That's good to hear and things should be less busy since most of us should be out for summer next week. The thread would have much more activity and we would have even bigger plans for our Daisy support until the month when the ballot closes.

Thanks for the like, fellow Daisy supporter. Embarrass

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Damn, your image is starting to spread like wild fire and I wouldn't be surprised if it would pop up in Goggle search like the other "Vote for Daisy" images that I've made. I hope these guys think about sharing it on their respective uses of social media and reblog the original on Tumblr. So far, we are actually doing way more promotion than the other Mario competitors if we ignore that "Vote for Geno" video on YouTube. Speaking of promotion....

That's good to hear and things should be less busy since most of us should be out for summer next week. The thread would have much more activity and we would have even bigger plans for our Daisy support until the month when the ballot closes.

Thanks for the like, fellow Daisy supporter. Embarrass
You're welcome!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Out of all the characters that seem to have some sort of popularity, Daisy's confuses me the most.
Allow me to explain, but be warned since it might sound a bit cheesy. Daisy had been a character that is extremely underrated by the Mario fandom due to her usage in spinoffs and coming off as an "annoyance" in some parts of the fandom. While she was originally established as a character who was as regal as Peach, her new lively tomboy persona is what most people know her for. While some might find this annoying, there are fans who find this side of her as endearing and makes her standout as a princess who isn't kidnapped 24/7 (Though Tatanga was the lucky guy to kidnap her once).

She was more along the lines of a darkhorse character that had little chance due to being overshadowed by Waluigi since he was described as having more personality that her and being a genuine character that many grew to love. That was until that dreaded day when Waluigi would come back as an Assist Trophy and Sakurai had to rub salt in the wounds of his fans with a certain line. This would give Daisy's fans a shimmer of hope that she would make it, even after the disappointment that the more favored Rosalina had became her own fighter before her (Though she does get credit for being the star of one of the best 3D Mario platformers on the Wii). With Daisy being nowhere to be found on the ESRB leak, people would have hopes of her being a detailed alt with her own voice like the Koopalings and that didn't happen in the end.

But then the Smash Ballot would happen and many Daisy fans started rushing to the darkest parts of Tumblr and other online communities to convince others to vote for her. Despite her relevance to Mario spinoff titles, these dedicated fans feel that she would be a perfect fit for Smash and this could be the only chance that Sakurai would know that there's support for the character. So they would endure the main insults of these previously mentioned haters and fight through impossible tasks to make valuable edits/art in order to spread on the Internet. The fact that people who aren't major YouTubers made their own video sabot the ballot shows how dedicatedly serious they are about making sure she makes it in Smash.

So there you have it and I hope that explains everything. Despite this massive push she's been getting since the ballot's awakening, she would still be proven weak in comparison to the even larger Captain Toad and Paper Mario support that happens these days. I would argue that Geno is also a major threat, but I doubt that Sakurai would actually talk with Square about using the character. e that things weren't too confusing for you. :lol:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just don't see why so much support exists for a character that only ever shows up when a Mario roster needs to be filled and would probably only ever amount to some sort of clone at most. Personality alone can't fix all that.

I think she'd be fine as an alt.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just don't see why so much support exists for a character that only ever shows up when a Mario roster needs to be filled and would probably only ever amount to some sort of clone at most. Personality alone can't fix all that.

I think she'd be fine as an alt.
Actually, a proper alt should have been down to begin with given all the work they had put into the Koopalings and Alph. But alas, time constraints and priorities were the two things that got in the way of it.

With the DLC we're getting, there should actually be more than just Mii Costumes and fighters like detailed alts for the real fighters. Who wouldn't want to have that gorgeous Dry Bowser with his flaming shell instead of the boring colors that Bowser already has? If he has the time to make new game modes like Tournament Mode, then he would at least put some time into making some real costumes. :smirk:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeh, I can get behind Daisy as an alt, but I think the question first would be whether we're actually going to see alts/costumes past the Miis in the first place.

Tbh it wouldn't be something I'd be too upset over should we not end up getting.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice

I was thinking that she should have the second highest jump and speed stats. To balance her out, though, she should turn to Mini Daisy (a one-hit kill character) if she gets hurt, just like the classic games.

D

Deleted member

As much as I hate to say it, I'm starting to be more accepting of the idea of Daisy.
Don't get me wrong, as a Waluigi fan, the very thought of her being included as a fighter while he's stuck as an Assist isn't a favorable outcome to me, but there's something I realized;
Literally everyone else in the typical Mario "family" is featured (in the flesh) in some way but her.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Bowser Jr. are all fighters.
Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong are also fighters while being representative of their own respective franchises.
Toad is Peach's meat shield and Waluigi's an Assist.
Even the more recent addition to the "family" Rosalina is given a role (as a fighter).
Hell, the Koopalings even have a place as alts for Bowser Jr. and Kamek has a role in the Super Mario Bros. U stage, in Smash Run, and in Smash Tour if you want to count them too.

So what does that leave Daisy? Closest thing is Peach having a palette that resembles her color scheme and some trophies.
With that in mind, while I'd rather have Daisy simply be an Assist like Waluigi, I'm now less opposed to her being a DLC character.

Last edited by a moderator:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well some people like me always like to root for underdogs AND tomboys for some reason.

I once was going to be satisfied with her as an alt, but then I realised Daisy isn't the kind of person who would use Toad shields and turnips in battle.

Also they gone out of the way to REMOVE the flower embellishments in Peach's alt dress and earrings in Brawl.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm starting to be more accepting of the idea of Daisy.
Don't get me wrong, as a Waluigi fan, the very thought of her being included as a fighter while he's stuck as an Assist isn't a favorable outcome to me, but there's something I realized;
Literally everyone else in the typical Mario "family" is featured (in the flesh) in some way but her.

Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong are also fighters while being representative of their own respective franchises.
Even the more recent addition to the "family" Rosalina is given a role (as a fighter).
Hell, the Koopalings even have a place as alts for Bowser Jr. and Kamek has a role in the Super Mario Bros. U stage and in Smash Run if you want to count them too.

So what does that leave Daisy? Closest thing is Peach having a palette that resembles her color scheme and some trophies.
With that in mind, while I'd rather have Daisy simply be an Assist like Waluigi, I'm now less opposed to her being a DLC character.
Daisy gets the worst possible role. A Smash Tour item trophy.

D

Deleted member

Daisy gets the worst possible role. A Smash Tour item trophy.
I don't count that as "in the flesh", considering it's using a pre-existing trophy as an item.
Whereas, for example, Ridley will actually show up to challenge the players.

....which reminds me. Kamek also plays a role in Smash Tour in the flesh.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Hell, the Koopalings even have a place as alts for Bowser Jr. and Kamek has a role in the Super Mario Bros. U stage, in Smash Run, and in Smash Tour if you want to count them too.

That's because all of those ones are either more prominent, important, or popular within the series...

Well some people like me always like to root for underdogs AND tomboys for some reason.

I once was going to be satisfied with her as an alt, but then I realised Daisy isn't the kind of person who would use Toad shields and turnips in battle.
And Falco prefers the air...

HanAmes

Smash Ace

I understand...everyone else featured in some way from the Mario Universe, but Daisy...to me, it's not fair, not fair at all. So, the least I (or we) could do is to just hope for the best.

D

Deleted member

That's because all of those ones are either more prominent, important, or popular within the series...
Even as a Waluigi fan, I find that to be a rather poor excuse.

The two are:
Just as prominent.
Just as important.
Just as popular (arguably; my bias wants me to believe Waluigi has the edge here).

The only difference being that Waluigi is better got an Assist role while she didn't.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even as a Waluigi fan, I find that to be a rather poor excuse.
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, DK, Yoshi, Wario and Toad are givens.

Bowser Jr and Rosalina have played bigger roles than Daisy in the Mario titles the majority of the notable content in Smash comes from. As have the Koopalings, especially in recent times. Plus, like Daisy, they all show up in spin-off titles as well.

Waluigi is largely in the same position as Daisy, but a lot more popular so long as you're not on Tumblr.

They have more in their favour, so them having larger roles makes sense. Why should her role equal any of theirs? Simply because she's part of the Mario "family"? That's the rather poor excuse imo. Might as well include Toadette and Birdo then too.

The two are:
Just as popular (arguably; my bias wants me to believe Waluigi has the edge here).

The only difference being that Waluigi is better got an Assist role while she didn't.
It's not your bias, it's fact. Waluigi generally gets about triple to quadruple the votes on polls that Daisy does, that's more than a slight difference. The only reason they seem close now is because fewer people vote for characters who are already ATs.

Plus the casuals love Waluigi.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, DK, Yoshi, Wario and Toad are givens.

Bowser Jr and Rosalina have played bigger roles than Daisy in the Mario titles the majority of the notable content in Smash comes from. As have the Koopalings, especially in recent times. Plus, like Daisy, they all show up in spin-off titles as well.

Waluigi is largely in the same position as Daisy, but a lot more popular so long as you're not on Tumblr.

They have more in their favour, so them having larger roles makes sense. Why should her role equal any of theirs? Simply because she's part of the Mario "family"? That's the rather poor excuse imo. Might as well include Toadette and Birdo then too.
Birdo hasn't even been mentioned by Nintendo since 2012 pre-HD era so she is defunct.

Toadette......got her own game last year.
DAMNIT!

Why are you even arguing against Daisy in a SUPPORT thread where fans are free to talk within about how their fav. character could possibly get in the game? Unlike toxic communities such as Reddit....

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Birdo hasn't even been mentioned by Nintendo since 2012 pre-HD era so she is defunct.

Toadette......got her own game last year.
DAMNIT!

Why are you even arguing against Daisy in a SUPPORT thread where fans are free to talk within about how their fav. character could possibly get in the game? Unlike toxic communities such as Reddit....
Birdo was in the Golf game last year, and she still has cameos here and there in the other spin-offs. My point was just if the argument is made on the basis of including the Mario "family" you can't really stop at Daisy, can you? I'm not saying those two have more in their favour than her.

And don't freak, I don't regularly stop by threads of characters I don't support, I just disagreed with something I saw. For the record I'm not against Daisy being an AT or an alt, I just think the arguments I responded to were faulty, which is why I responded to them.

Top Bottom