• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Welcome aboard, fellow Daisy fan in which we too are fighting for our princess to join the battle. Assuming that you've voted for her in the Smash Ballot already, I've added you to our ever growing support list. ;)
In my defense, i'm not one for fighting. Just intense, zen like sessions of Ninja Gaiden X3 I'm thinking of campaign ideas at the moment, we'll see what happens.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In my defense, i'm not one for fighting. Just intense, zen like sessions of Ninja Gaiden X3 I'm thinking of campaign ideas at the moment, we'll see what happens.
I hope you have some big things planned since the more popular choices like Geno and Banjo had been backing themselves up with almost any social media possible at the moment. Meanwhile, rejected characters like Takamaru and Ayumi are also joining the mix for the sake of giving themselves Waluigi-levels of hype.

Either way, I'm looking forward to what harebrained scheme you have planned since I'm been experimenting with editing software lately. As for me, I've got a paper to finish since Old Man Economics is calling me for now.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but would anyone be okay with Daisy being an alt for Peach like Alph is an alt for Olimar? I'd love to see a unique Strikers-style moveset for Daisy like everyone else here, but I would be satisfied with her being like Alph or the Koopalings. Anyone else?

Nin10dude9000

Smash Rookie

This is cool idea for moveset
am behind this 100%
(I did not make this)

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but would anyone be okay with Daisy being an alt for Peach like Alph is an alt for Olimar? I'd love to see a unique Strikers-style moveset for Daisy like everyone else here, but I would be satisfied with her being like Alph or the Koopalings. Anyone else?
I personally am not. I'm fine with the color palette of Daisy, but I can't imagine Daisy hitting people with her bum, pulling Toad out to protect her, using a parasol, or pulling veggies. Also can't see the slapping being apart of her moveset if she was actually it. Its all MMA, Ronda Rousey status for Daisy, haha

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Would anyone be okay with Daisy being an alt for Peach like Alph is an alt for Olimar?
In the sense of Zelda and Sheik in Melee/Brawl, where Sheik is a completely different charcater, then yes. But Peach's moveset with Daisy? I can't see that working, plus it'd make the hard work people have done on creating movesets for her a moot point, which would be bad imo. On another note, i would like to explore the possibility to expand Daisy's social media campaign. Any suggestions or ideas?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In the sense of Zelda and Sheik in Melee/Brawl, where Sheik is a completely different charcater, then yes. But Peach's moveset with Daisy? I can't see that working, plus it'd make the hard work people have done on creating movesets for her a moot point, which would be bad imo. On another note, i would like to explore the possibility to expand Daisy's social media campaign. Any suggestions or ideas?
Someone can work on a more professional video that speaks about the moveset possibilities that she can have while convincing others on why she's a good choice. You know, a bit more than that simple vote for Daisy video that exists and more like the many Banjo for Smash videos.

Considering her reputation on the Internet, it's going to be a bit hard finding any major YouTuber who's a legit fan of the character (Waluigi's fanbase trumps her by a longshot from there).
Since I'm already done with a "Vote for Takamaru poster", I can make a "Vote for Daisy Poster if I can just final that damn research paper today.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Trolling is presume?
No trolling. Give Daisy an appearance on a MAIN SERIES game and then I'll support her on Smash 5. I know it's a shame that Rosalina got in before her but Shigeru Miyamoto is the one who you Daisy fans should blame.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Is someone going to advertise Daisy on Reddit? Because from what I've seen, most people hate her since they think she's an annoying Peach clone. Some people on there want her as an alt like Alph, while others want her in as a unique Strikers fighter (some people in the comments loved that image @ Nin10dude9000 Nin10dude9000 posted). I tried to gather support for Daisy a few months before on /r/nintendo and /r/wiiu and it did *not* go well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No trolling. Give Daisy an appearance on a MAIN SERIES game and then I'll support her on Smash 5. I know it's a shame that Rosalina got in before her but Shigeru Miyamoto is the one who you Daisy fans should blame.
We already blamed him for giving us the abomination known as Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Such a title should have never existed and this is what happens when he takes the feedback of the Japanese fanbase instead of his real fans ('Murica Master Race!).

Blaming Miyamoto done. :troll:

Is someone going to advertise Daisy on Reddit? Because from what I've seen, most people hate her since they think she's an annoying Peach clone. Some people on there want her as an alt like Alph, while others want her in as a unique Strikers fighter (some people in the comments loved that image @ Nin10dude9000 Nin10dude9000 posted). I tried to gather support for Daisy a few months before on /r/nintendo and /r/wiiu and it did *not* go well.
That's Reddit for you, that one community that tries too hard to be 4Chan and fails. They are probably where tons of Paper Mario and Toad fans strive free so I'm not really that surprised. There's a reason why one simply does not to to reason with a Redditer or 4Channer.

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
How do we tell (and convince) Nintendo to add Daisy in a main series game, though? Club Nintendo is done for, and aside from Sticker Star, Nintendo doesn't really listen to our feedback. We've been emailing them, but they haven't listened.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
We already blamed him for giving us the abomination known as Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Such a title should have never existed and this is what happens when he takes the feedback of the Japanese fanbase instead of his real fans ('Murica Master Race!).

Blaming Miyamoto done. :troll:
Paper Mario Sticker Star is fun, c'mon.

I am serious with I just said, Daisy needs to be on a main series game again before getting on Smash. Sarasaland has so much potential.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Paper Mario Sticker Star is fun, c'mon.

I am serious with I just said, Daisy needs to be on a main series game again before getting on Smash. Sarasaland has so much potential.
Since there's no other means of contacting Nintendo about using Daisy for more material other than Miiverse *shudders*, voting for her in this poll (even though it doesn't neccesarily make her insta-Smash fighter) might be one way to prove them that she needs to be used in more canon Mario titles. That's also what that Takamaru crowd are aiming for with their campaign (Spreading more awareness to Nintendo to warrant a new game despite that he's an Assist Trophy).

Other than that, simple emails to the crew won't work since several of us had already tried it.

Last edited:

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
Since there's no other means of contacting Nintendo about using Daisy for more material other than Miiverse *shudders*, voting for her in this poll (even though ti doesn't neccesarily make her insta-Smash fighter) might be one way to prove them that she needs to be used in more canon Mario titles. That's also what that Takamaru crowd are aiming for with their campaign (Spreading more awareness to Nintendo to warrant a new game despite that he's an Assist Trophy).

Other than that, simple emails to the crew won't work since several of us had already tried it.
This is exactly why I'm voting for Banjo. Need that Threeie.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I wish they put Daisy in a SM3DW-style platformer where she runs slightly slower than Toad and jumps slightly lower than Luigi to relfect her athletic abilities. The developers could balance her by making one hit turn her into Mini-Daisy, like the classic Mario titles.

Or, better yet, why not focus on her plant abilities? Plants in the Mario series are limited to Fire Flowers, Boomerang Flowers, and Piranha Plants. Why not let her use flower powers or friendly Piranha Plants? Why not let her grow her own powerups naturally during a platforming stage?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is exactly why I'm voting for Banjo. Need that Threeie.
I know you from the Banjo Kazooie thread, I'm also helping with that campaign since having the Bear and Bird in Smash might force Microsoft to do something worth while with the duo instead of pointless tech demos and "that game". It would be a dream come true if we were to achieve our goal in the end of this crazy election.

By the way, I've added you to the list since you've asked for it. ;)

Personally, I wish they put Daisy in a SM3DW-style platformer where she runs slightly slower than Toad and jumps slightly lower than Luigi to relfect her athletic abilities. The developers could balance her by making one hit turn her into Mini-Daisy, like the classic Mario titles.

Or, better yet, why not focus on her plant abilities? Plants in the Mario series are limited to Fire Flowers, Boomerang Flowers, and Piranha Plants. Why not let her use flower powers or friendly Piranha Plants? Why not let her grow her own powerups naturally during a platforming stage?
As far as I remember, wasn't she originally planned to be the fifth character in 3D World? But looking back at the fact that Michaelol of all people kept spamming it, he most likely mocked the fake render himself in the end.

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I know you from the Banjo Kazooie thread, I'm also helping with that campaign since having the Bear and Bird in Smash might force Microsoft to do something worth while with the duo instead of pointless tech demos and "that game". It would be a dream come true if we were to achieve our goal in the end of this crazy election.

By the way, I've added you to the list since you've asked for it. ;)

As far as I remember, wasn't she originally planned to be the fifth character in 3D World? But looking back at the fact that Michaelol of all people kept spamming it, he most likely mocked the fake render himself in the end.
He did, actually. He took that image of Daisy from some sign in Mario Kart 7, if I remember correctly.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
He did, actually. He took that image of Daisy from some sign in Mario Kart 7, if I remember correctly.
And thus why Daisy fans like him set a bad example for all of us. Spamming about her in the Smash Wii U boards all day even though she has little to do with the game and obsessing with her to the point of being creepy. Then there's the Gamefaqs user "Hi'ImDaisy". *shudders*

Againt, you are bound to find some crazy and unintelligent individuals there and I would never add any of those guys to the list. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it's their fault that the Smash fandom have a severe hatred for the character or hate the idea of such support existing.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
And thus why Daisy fans like him set a bad example for all of us. Spamming about her in the Smash Wii U boards all day even though she has little to do with the game and obsessing with her to the point of being creepy. Then there's the Gamefaqs user "Hi'ImDaisy". *shudders*

Againt, you are bound to find some crazy and unintelligent individuals there and I would never add any of those guys to the list. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it's their fault that the Smash fandom have a severe hatred for the character or hate the idea of such support existing.
I have seen some people share similar ideas about how Michaellol/Hi'ImDaisy made people hate Daisy. Some people actually do support Daisy on there, but they are accused of being Michaellol's alts. It's bad.

Anyway, should we focus on Tumblr, then? I want to try that image @ Nin10dude9000 Nin10dude9000 on Reddit, since they had a positive response to a post about a Daisy alt for Peach once. Maybe they'll like Striker Daisy?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I have seen some people share similar ideas about how Michaellol/Hi'ImDaisy made people hate Daisy. Some people actually do support Daisy on there, but they are accused of being Michaellol's alts. It's bad.

Anyway, should we focus on Tumblr, then? I want to try that image @ Nin10dude9000 Nin10dude9000 on Reddit, since they had a positive response to a post about a Daisy alt for Peach once. Maybe they'll like Striker Daisy?
Since Tumblr is where's she's currently trending (If what @XDanDan612 said was true), it seems like the right place to strike. I'm sure that the reactions to that image would be much more positive since most of her fans are more vocal there. Feel free to kick things off since I'm about to hit the sack for the night.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
If Daisy got her own game, there goes all my money the millisecond it came out lol XD i like the DownB for MP Dice and Recovery move being a Mario Kart Glider from one of the comments in the linked Reddit thread. Those are good ideas. But i got laughed out of a DLC conversation today cause i was like "I voted Daisy" so we're experiencing high winds at the moment.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
If Daisy got her own game, there goes all my money the millisecond it came out lol XD i like the DownB for MP Dice and Recovery move being a Mario Kart Glider from one of the comments in the linked Reddit thread. Those are good ideas. But i got laughed out of a DLC conversation today cause i was like "I voted Daisy" so we're experiencing high winds at the moment.
Super Princess Daisy?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Super Princess Daisy?
Hopefully not since plenty of women's rights groups and feminazis were pissed off at how "sexist" Super Princess Peach was. God forbid us having a video game where a woman fights by using her out of control emotions.

Let's think of any idea that wouldn't rustle their jimmies at all. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
Hopefully not since plenty of women's rights groups and feminazis were pissed off at how "sexist" Super Princess Peach was. God forbid us having a video game where a woman fights by using her out of control emotions.

Forget those people. As far as I'm concerned they don't even know what they want!

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792

I find that game super cheesy but the idea behind it is cool, they should've used Peach's moves from Smash instead.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Super Mario Almosts: Doki Doki Panicking.

Playable Characters: Nabbit, Waluigi, Daisy, and Toadsworth/Toadette.

Think like New Super Mario Brothers meets Super Mario Brothers 2. And with a different cast than expected. This is a fan game waiting to happen.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792

Think like New Super Mario Brothers meets Super Mario Brothers 2. And with a different cast than expected. This is a fan game waiting to happen.
"Wario Bros." needs to happen, Daisy could be playable and Birdo could replace Yoshi.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Great idea, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who wants the Super Mario Bros. 2 style gameplay to return. It would totally suit Daisy given the idea of pulling plants and each character having their own unique abilities. There's a reason why I like that game more than the first Super Mario Bros.

Forget those people. As far as I'm concerned they don't even know what they want!
This is so true on many levels, especially in which they hate females that were either sexualized or being damsels in distress. I can still remember that one Polygon review when the game was given a low score because Anita argued that it objectifies women in a ridiculous way. What these feminists fail to realize is that Japan is practically open about sexuality unlike the prudish Americans and such sexualization is actually normal in their society (Thank you based Gaijin Goombah).

No matter how these folks want equality, it's hard to really expect a game to not have fanservice or sexualization. Senran Kagura says hi! Dead or Alive would like to have a word with you! No love for Onechanbara? That's just the way things are and it will never get through their thick skulls.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'd also argue that despite the sexualisation, characters from Onechanbara and Senran Kagura can be strong female lead.
And if it's a side character, I still LOVE Misery from Onechanbara!

Also, if you look at SoulCalibur for example, mens are as sexualized as women. Look at Cervantes in SC5.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd also argue that despite the sexualisation, characters from Onechanbara and Senran Kagura can be strong female lead.
And if it's a side character, I still LOVE Misery from Onechanbara!

Also, if you look at SoulCalibur for example, mens are as sexualized as women. Look at Cervantes in SC5.
Thanks for proving my point, even a women can be as strong despite being sexy or attractive. Bayonetta is a great example and it's such a shame that Anita fails to realize that one bit.

Male sexualization is definitely prominant since you always see them bare chested (or even naked) in most media while yaoi/bara is a prime example of blatant sexualization. But hey, double standards prove the men are "never sexualized" while females are always the main victims.

Damn, we shouldn't really get too off topic since this is all about Diasy and devolving into your average Tumblr debate would make us look unprofessional. :urg:

Last edited:

SonoUnProcione

Smash Cadet
OMG guys!! Daisy is second! She is behind King K. Rool just for few votes! I'm happy, despite Dixie being so damn low!

Top Bottom