• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

D

Deleted member

Don't we have enough Mario representatives? I'm not trying to be annoying but seriously.
I may have said this before, but the Mario series is the most well known series in Smash Bros. It's always had the most reps and if other series get more reps (like FE), the Mario series probably will too.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
The thing is that plenty of people have voted for more than just Mario characters since there are no limits to the voting. You might as well say the same thing for Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Geno, Waluigi, Birdo (If she's still relevant), and Fawful (Who is currently dead). In the end, Sakurai would most likely focus on characters from new series regardless if any Mario choice is popular or not. :shyguy:
I do say it to every mario character... but you do have a good point. Honestly... if you were on gamefaqs during smash wii u/3ds times.... the daisy threads were real. I still don't understand to this day how she would be different when compared to Peach.

D

Deleted member

GUYS THE DAISY SUPPORT IS GOING STRONG ON TUMBLR. The first few posts I saw on Daisy were about voting for her on the Smash Ballot. There seems to be a lot of support.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I do say it to every mario character... but you do have a good point. Honestly... if you were on gamefaqs during smash wii u/3ds times.... the daisy threads were real. I still don't understand to this day how she would be different when compared to Peach.
I know exactly who the hell are you talking about, that Michaellol guy who be spamming Daisy threads every day. He's an infamous example of a terrible Daisy fan that tries to shove her down everyone's throat, even to the point of calling Rosalina and Toadette irrelevant. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the main reason why every Smash fan had been having this anti-Daisy propaganda lately.

As for her differences from Peach, it's more or less the fact that's limited to stuff that's available in the spinoffs (No vegetables, no parasol, ect.). Meaning she'll have to use material that haven't been referenced in Smash before (Mario Party, Mario Sluggers, Mario Strikers, and Mario Hoops). Speaking of Strikers, she could be one of the few characters to actual wear the outfit especially since most of them had been trophy material at best. That way, she would have a variety of diverse attacks to choose from instead of being confined to the same dress as Peach. There's also the option of flower magic which may come in handy in case Sakurai were to heavily ignore Lip for the umpteenth time (Damn Lip's Stick).

Again, you don't have to feel obligated to like Daisy and you can feel free to have an opinion. I've just explained what I could in regards to how she can be different from her more girlier canon counterpart.

Last edited:

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
I was telling someone about that earlier. Daisy is very different from Peach, well if you try to actually make her Daisy and not a Peach clone. For instance, Daisy doesn't have a parasol, so up and B is out. Daisy doesn't have Toads, neutral B is out. Daisy doesn't have turnips, Down B is out. Daisy is more of an athletic type than peach, and even in some of the games where they tried to give stats, Daisy tends to have more 'power' than peach and/or more speed. Also she has a strong love for competition and it's implied she really like's sports so most of her moves would be sports themed.

TLDR: Even though she has a slight resemblance to peach, her personality, interest and just physical ability are different from Peach. (She slapped the taste out of Bowser's mouth with no power ups) So while there is the easy way to make her the same as Peach, there is plenty of room to Make her different.

Edit: I totally forgot about her crystal punch as well, something Peach can't even remotely claim to do.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
I think I might shrink that and make it a signature, and have it link right to the vote.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Don't we have enough Mario representatives? I'm not trying to be annoying but seriously.
You see, for us, there will be enough Mario Representation when we have Daisy. Even if Daisy is like Olimar/Alph (like Dark Pit, Dr.Mario, and Lucina shoulda been imo) where she's the "alternate" Peach (kinda like Zelda/Sheik in Melee), i feel that would satisfy our evil and totally not world capturing needs muwahaha. All we ask is Daisy ;-; and then everyone else can have whateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever they want. Pinky promise c:

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Quick question, anyone know if Signatures are allowed to link to places outside the forum? I know some forums don't allow that.

D

Deleted member

I see three of the Daisy sistren have changed their avatars. I hope this number grows. With our advertising skills, we can get more votes for Daisy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Quick question, anyone know if Signatures are allowed to link to places outside the forum? I know some forums don't allow that.
It should't be too much, I have seen a few people in Gamefaqs use links to sites like YouTube or their Skype all the time. Go ahead and Daisy-fy your account. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait...are you thinkin' what i'm thinkin'? Cause i'm totally thinkin' it. Daisy support Skype grouuupppppppppppppppppp~!
Skype group? I don't know about that one since I might want to get an improved set of headphones next week. But if you want to start one, then go ahead as you please.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Skype group? I don't know about that one since I might want to get an improved set of headphones next week. But if you want to start one, then go ahead as you please.
Well we don't have to like call lol. Just a gathering place where other Daisy supporters can go. Believe me, i type a lot more than i talk on Skype X3

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
LOL I hope I don't seem like a bad person for doing this, but.. on Omegle video chat I managed to convince like 13 people to vote for Daisy. LOL

I basically used ManyCam, put this picture on:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
LOL I hope I don't seem like a bad person for doing this, but.. on Omegle video chat I managed to convince like 13 people to vote for Daisy. LOL

That is just genius, you even used the same image as that guy who made the Daisy for Smash video (though the music was terrible). It's good to know that there are still people who would be on the hype train with the help of a well done image like this.

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Oh I'm all for Skype group, I don't do much more than type though. WillLi0527 is my Skype name (that's 3 Ls)

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Oh I'm all for Skype group, I don't do much more than type though. WillLi0527 is my Skype name (that's 3 Ls)
Adding. If anyone else wants in, my Skype is hananatahouiidx. Come join the evil planning X3, oh, and cookies are provided.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Lol haha, happy to help.

Oh and by the way, this is really random, but how do I change my signature? I honestly can't find where I can change/add to my signature.

OH nevermind! I found it!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My Skype name should be Griffith_Devonte, but I need to quickly download the app and log in since I left it on my other laptop. I'll make sure to add you two when I can.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
My Skype name should be Griffith_Devonte, but I need to quickly download the app and log in since I left it on my other laptop. I'll make sure to add you two when I can.
*types in Skype name* there's 3 of them, and they're all in the same place in the world o.o What do x.x

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I support. Daisy is my best character in Mario Kart Wii, and I would be paralyzed with happiness if she makes it into Smash.

(I wonder if anyone will get my Great Gatsby reference)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*types in Skype name* there's 3 of them, and they're all in the same place in the world o.o What do x.x
Got you and @ WillLi WillLi . Am I missing anyone or is that everyone?

@ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi you should be on the support list for now. Thanks for joining our cult group. And yes, I got that Gatsby reference. :laugh:

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Almost forgot about this thread! I already voted for her. Tired of seeing "Daisy" as an alt for :peach: so seeing her would be a wonderful surprise! It doesn't even matter how many votes surpass hers because I still have high hopes for her.

You are far from being a bad person, its for their own good!(:
You helped them see the light:4palutena:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Almost forgot about this thread! I already voted for her. Tired of seeing "Daisy" as an alt for :peach: so seeing her would be a wonderful surprise! It doesn't even matter how many votes surpass hers because I still have high hopes for her.

You are far from being a bad person, its for their own good!(:
You helped them see the light:4palutena:
A lot have happened since you were last here from new supporters to a certain Fiora fan questioning our support for her. Other than that, nothing really too exciting had happened.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
My top 2 outfits I want Daisy to wear when she gets into Smash:

1) Dress

2) Her leotard/bikini from Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. I HIGHLY doubt this will happen, but honestly Daisy looked so very gorgeous in that game. Maybe the bikini can be an alternate costume?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
it looks like the same person commenting repeatedly, like the voices in my head won't stop
well if support is enough that shouldn't be a factor or you could do one better and just remove rosalina

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
WAIT who has a higher chance of becoming DLC: Daisy or Inkling??? Honestly Inkling would be cool but I'd much prefer Daisy

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Oh i like those costumes, but i still stand by what I said about wanting this costume the most no matter what

Oh and for no particular reason, I've always found the announcer from Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games entertaining, so here's Daisy's announcer call
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/nWFr0Ooj/file.html
I don't know, I just like the way he says Daisy lol.
A lot have happened since you were last here from new supporters to a certain Fiora fan questioning our support for her. Other than that, nothing really too exciting had happened.
Ah. Hope that person learned something(;

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
WAIT who has a higher chance of becoming DLC: Daisy or Inkling??? Honestly Inkling would be cool but I'd much prefer Daisy
As someone who supports both characters, I'd say that the Inklings would be in before her since one guy's tweet was resent by Bill Trenen recently. That alone is sign that he's aware of their growing popularity.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I may have said this before, but the Mario series is the most well known series in Smash Bros. It's always had the most reps and if other series get more reps (like FE), the Mario series probably will too.
Well you could argue Pokemon is more well known due the anime, however with that said when most people outside of gaming think of video games, Mario probably jumps to mind.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Actually, I doubt Inkling would get in before Daisy due to Splatoon only being out very recently.. but then again, Roy from FE got into Melee before his game came out so...

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
When I was thinking of a Daisy moveset I was thinking her specials could be among these lines:

Neutral Special - Flower Buff / Crystal Buff - Daisy charges for about a second and a half and has either flower petals or crystal shards circling around her. Slightly similar to Shulk's Monado power each has its own properties to them.
  • FB: Daisy's Flower Buff allows her moves to be a lot more agile and easier to combo with. However they do less damage than without the buff and their knock back is lowered. The Flower Buff can be accessible for 10 seconds and takes the exact amount to recharge until use again. She can quickly change into Crystal Buff just pressing B again, but the second and a half charge time is still there.
  • CB: Daisy's Crystal Buff slows down her moves by making Daisy wind up for each move. She won't be able to get a lot of combos while in this buff, but her damage increase and knock back is increased. Like the Flower Buff, Crystal Buff lasts 10 seconds and will take 10 seconds to recharge. If Flower Buff is changed into Crystal Buff about 5 seconds in, it will only last that amount of time left (the second and a half charge will not add up to it)
  • Other notes: If either Flower Buff or Crystal Buff are cancelled back into Daisy's regular state, she will still have to wait 10 seconds before using either buff again. These buffs also change the properties of Daisy's other special moves.
Side Special - Tomboy Twirl / Wonder Flower / Crystal Slab - Depending if Daisy is using her buffs or not, this move will have different properties. The move itself involes Daisy spinning towards the direction the input is made. Here's a good idea on how the twirl looks itself as well as the final hit ( https://youtu.be/Ph_lbxLxmvQ?t=1m11s ).
  • TT: Not copying Peach Bomber whatsoever, Daisy instead does a miniature twirl that almost resembles R.O.B.'s Side Special, just a lot less spinning. Anyone caught in Daisy's twirl will receive damage. Something to note about this move is that, like R.O.B.'s players will be slightly trapped if caught and the final hit knocks the opponent back
  • WF: Similar to Daisy's Offensive Shot in Mario Power Tennis, the flower petals enveloping Daisy form into a giant flower the size of a tennis racket. While Daisy is in her Flower Buff, the twirl itself no longer will hit the enemy, but there is a small windbox due to the petals spinning rapidly. Once the flower is formed, it tracks the opponent closest to it and rapidly hits them, hitting a maximum of 10 times. If there is no one around, the flower will wilt within 3 seconds. Good for edge-guarding. Will remove Daisy's Flower Buff once used.
  • CS: The twirl now takes a little longer to be completed. If anyone is in Daisy's way they will no longer be hit by the twirl, but pushed away from her. Once her twirl is complete, the crystal shards around her form a small crystal that quickly launches about the size of final destination. If it its anything it will be destroyed. Does great knock back if it connects. Will remove Crystal Buff once used.
Up Special - Leaping Daisy / Petal Breeze / Shard Spike - Daisy goes into a ball and back flips directly up. Has some horizontal control similar to Wario's Up Special in Brawl.
  • LD: Description above. Daisy gives herself a final push to make it up. While she is into a ball she can hit her opponents.
  • PB: Has a windbox the entire recovery. Much like her other moves comes out faster. No change in height is made
  • SS: Very similar to Leaping Daisy, but the final push she gives at the end will spike an opponent next to her. Small shards come flying down from both sides.
Down Special - Thorn Barrier / Flower Trap / Crystal Pillar - Daisy stomps her foot on the ground and depending on whether she has her buff or not, one of the following happen.
  • TB: Thorn Barrier acts a lot like Pit and Dark Pit's Guardian Orbitars, but do not reflect items. Large thorns surround her, taking the blow of whatever is trying to hit her. Is used for taking projectile hits, can even take a Falcon Punch if timed correctly.
  • FT: Once Daisy stomps her foot on the ground, a small flower bud is placed very close to her, around the same as Villager's sapling. If anyone steps on the flower bud, the bud engulfs the player. It does no damage, but gives Daisy a 2 second chance (default trapping, the higher the damage the more you have to struggle, like Jigglypuff's sing) to punish the opponent. Will not engulf if opponent jumps over it. Can only have one bulb at a time. If bulb is not activated, it will wilt within 5 seconds.
  • CP: A crystal pillar spikes from the ground up slightly farther away from Daisy. Think 2 Stage builder blocks from Brawl. The pilar itself is 3 stage builder blocks stacked together. It can punish people running and jumping towards her. Like all her Crystal Buff moves, it comes out a little sluggish.
The way it turned out, it looks like her buffs can be used almost as custom moves, but I like making Daisy a "stance" character so she can use both her flower power and crystal powers equally.

Top Bottom