• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
OMG guys!! Daisy is second! She is behind King K. Rool just for few votes! I'm happy, despite Dixie being so damn low!
hmm? where is this at?
Thanks for proving my point, even a women can be as strong despite being sexy or attractive. Bayonetta is a great example and it's such a shame that Anita fails to realize that one bit.

Male sexualization is definitely prominant since you always see them bare chested (or even naked) in most media while yaoi/bara is a prime example of blatant sexualization. But hey, double standards prove the men are "never sexualized" while females are always the main victims.

Damn, we shouldn't really get too off topic since this is all about Diasy and devolving into your average Tumblr debate would make us look unprofessional. :urg:
unprofessional? you mean like the current character designer for fire emblem?
tumblr_inline_nm900j82rn1r561t7_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_nm900uG9QE1r561t7_540.png
I swear the guy is too busy making armor not armor

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
hmm? where is this at?

unprofessional? you mean like the current character designer for fire emblem?
I swear the guy is too busy making armor not armor
I saw what you did there, though theives baring skin or lacking armor never made sense since this is a game where you can be stabbed or shot with catapults. :laugh:

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
Was just looking through twitter to see if a certain artist had any tweet about the smash ballot and...
JJvotesDaisy.PNG

In case you don't know, JJ is a very talented artist who used to draw alot of Nintendo Pin-up girls.
He's also like one of the top MLP fan artists. So he could really spread a campaign if he wanted to.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Was just looking through twitter to see if a certain artist had any tweet about the smash ballot and...
View attachment 46396

In case you don't know, JJ is a very talented artist who used to draw alot of Nintendo Pin-up girls.
He's also like one of the top MLP fan artists. So he could really spread a campaign if he wanted to.
I knew that one day, Ponies would be useful :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
View attachment 46396

*Eggman's voice* You know what they say, the more the merrier! Not only this guy is a genius, but he's another example of a dedicated MLP fan. I hope we get even more big wigs behind our back on this movement. :awesome:

I can't tell what it is other then a mess, but for listening to my troubles I owe you a solid... Daisy
View attachment 46397
10/10 Best Metal Gear crossover in history. She ought to have her own stealth game in the future. :troll:

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
I got to thinkin' about our social media options, and how about an FB page for the campaign? I have experience in admin duties on these sorta things, just not in like the setup aspect of it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I got to thinkin' about our social media options, and how about an FB page for the campaign? I have experience in admin duties on these sorta things, just not in like the setup aspect of it.
So far, two Diasy for Smash Facebook pages exist and they haven't been active in a while. I'm pretty sure that it wouldN't hurt if a third page that is administrated by us exist.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
So far, two Diasy for Smash Facebook pages exist and they haven't been active in a while. I'm pretty sure that it wouldN't hurt if a third page that is administrated by us exist.
Especially since i don't know who "Diasy" is X3 (such a butt move i'm sorry :'c)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Especially since i don't know who "Diasy" is X3 (such a butt move i'm sorry :'c)
I know, it is difficult posting with a smartphone when you have big hands (Though my girlfriend loves them).

Anyways, are you still planning to make a new Daisy for Smash 4 page when we already have two inactive ones in existence?

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
I know, it is difficult posting with a smartphone when you have big hands (Though my girlfriend loves them).

Anyways, are you still planning to make a new Daisy for Smash 4 page when we already have two inactive ones in existence?
Oh my X3. We might as well, since two inactive pages are worth about as much as a nonexistent one.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Can someone explain to me the appeal of Daisy? Cause I quite frankly don't get it. She has Super Mario Land and a bunch of spin offs to work with. I mean I really can't see Sakurai doing anything with Daisy beyond a Peach alt.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Can someone explain to me the appeal of Daisy? Cause I quite frankly don't get it. She has Super Mario Land and a bunch of spin offs to work with. I mean I really can't see Sakurai doing anything with Daisy beyond a Peach alt.
most of those who enjoy daisy the idea of daisy enjoy her character. This being an upbeat personality and spunky attitude

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Aren't opinions great? c: Daisy's upbeat and spunky attitude, tomboyish ways, and general life enjoying vibes are what make people like the character. Her multitude of spinoff appearances present a variety of different moveset options that set her apart from the other Princess in the game (i wouldn't call Rosalina a princess, but eh to each their own), and give recognition to Nintendo's Sporting games, Mario Party, and other spinoffs. While not one of the more popular choices (a lot of people just see her as a Peach alt, which wouldn't be true at all if you compare the two characters, and tbh Daisy has WAY more to work with than Rosalina, but i was impressed at what they did with her). There's a number of move sets on the front page that showcase why Daisy would fit right in with Smash, along with other reasons. Those of us in this thread aren't like the old Daisy supporters, as we won't get in your face and be obnoxious about it, cause that's annoying as heck. Not everyone will support Daisy, and that's okay too, cause everyone should have the right to their opinion, but we'll support her until she gets in =3.

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Along with everything @ Hana Na Tahou Hana Na Tahou said, part of the reason we want Daisy in so bad is because after getting to be the princess for one game nintendo shafted her till they wanted to increase female representation in their side games. All that info from the side games has given Daisy as much personality as any of the main Mario characters and probably more than Roalina, but because she was form another land and not Mushroom Kingdom Nintendo acts like she can't possibly be in the games.

Her personality almost makes her a great contrast to the cast of "Never do wrong" good guys Mario has, all of which are polite, well mannered and composed. Which is why so many people get hooked on Daisy when they pay attention to her differences, because she is different from the main cast by quite a bit.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Along with everything @ Hana Na Tahou Hana Na Tahou said, part of the reason we want Daisy in so bad is because after getting to be the princess for one game nintendo shafted her till they wanted to increase female representation in their side games. All that info from the side games has given Daisy as much personality as any of the main Mario characters and probably more than Roalina, but because she was form another land and not Mushroom Kingdom Nintendo acts like she can't possibly be in the games.

Her personality almost makes her a great contrast to the cast of "Never do wrong" good guys Mario has, all of which are polite, well mannered and composed. Which is why so many people get hooked on Daisy when they pay attention to her differences, because she is different from the main cast by quite a bit.
Agreed with all the above. I think it being combined with Mario Sports-games that tend to even show certain interesting traits of the beloved Mario-characters in lieu of portraying them to their most whimsical and charming ways possible, it would make Daisy a perfect representative of those games, for she was molded to what she is today in them for most part.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Wow, I can't believe I'm not on the supporters' list. Could you add me please ? Daisy is one of my favorite Mario characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wow, I can't believe I'm not on the supporters' list. Could you add me please ? Daisy is one of my favorite Mario characters.
Since you've asked, you are now one of us. Hey, it's the least I can do since my cowgirl painting is almost complete. :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Uhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well i haven't thought of a name nor a cover Photo or anything. Still tryin' to plan these out lol.
It's alright and you can take as much time as possible. The more thought is put into a project, the more likely it is to be a success. It will have to be something so fantastic that Daisy herself would be pleased with it. :)

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
It will have to be something so fantastic that Daisy herself would be pleased with it. :)
.......*slowly pulls up GIMP and sits in the corner* i'm no artist XD, but i like the title of this thread way too much, it fits so perfectly with like everything lolol. I'm thinkin' Cover photo, a page profile pic, and some lobbying stuff right now X3. Update yay: I have a cover photo idea, but i can't get it from my mind to GIMP XD. Art is hard ;-;

Last edited:

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
.......*slowly pulls up GIMP and sits in the corner* i'm no artist XD, but i like the title of this thread way too much, it fits so perfectly with like everything lolol. I'm thinkin' Cover photo, a page profile pic, and some lobbying stuff right now X3. Update yay: Original cover photo idea is a little too complex for my artistically challenged self, so came up with a simpler one X3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
.......*slowly pulls up GIMP and sits in the corner* i'm no artist XD, but i like the title of this thread way too much, it fits so perfectly with like everything lolol. I'm thinkin' Cover photo, a page profile pic, and some lobbying stuff right now X3. Update yay: I have a cover photo idea, but i can't get it from my mind to GIMP XD. Art is hard ;-;
That's great , it doesn't really need to be too complete though since this isn't supposed to be computer wiz level stuff. Just try not to stress yourself out when working on the cover photo.

For future references, do not double post and you can just tag my name like @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan instead in case no ones replies after a while.

Last edited:

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Yeah yeah XD i gotcha. Oh wait i doubled posted? Oh crap how'd that happen x.x fixing now lol. But i'm thinking the Flower logo in the middle and character models from different games with the background colors being Yellow and Orange.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah yeah XD i gotcha. Oh wait i doubled posted? Oh crap how'd that happen x.x fixing now lol. But i'm thinking the Flower logo in the middle and character models from different games with the background colors being Yellow and Orange.
Sounds pretty good to me, especially it would show fans how the character have evolved through the years (Plus the pretty colorful back ground). There's no doubt that we would have plenty of Daisy fans flocking to our page once they see that.

Now the one thing to think of is a page avatar. Unless, of course, we were to use the "Vote for Daisy" pins that we have as our Smashboards avatars. :laugh:

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Sounds pretty good to me, especially it would show fans how the character have evolved through the years (Plus the pretty colorful back ground). There's no doubt that we would have plenty of Daisy fans flocking to our page once they see that.

Now the one thing to think of is a page avatar. Unless, of course, we were to use the "Vote for Daisy" pins that we have as our Smashboards avatars. :laugh:
That is, if i can even make it lol. It sounds simple in theory, but you'd be amazed at what i can't do XD. Yeah, i'm thinking of a page avatar atm. Also gotta find the dimensions of a cover photo (unless it expands and adapts to the size? I have no clue, i don't even have one on my personal FB X3)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That is, if i can even make it lol. It sounds simple in theory, but you'd be amazed at what i can't do XD. Yeah, i'm thinking of a page avatar atm. Also gotta find the dimensions of a cover photo (unless it expands and adapts to the size? I have no clue, i don't even have one on my personal FB X3)
I know one thing when it comes to Cover Photos (It has to be at least 500 pixels wide in order to be used). Been using plenty of large images for mines for quite some time which is how I know. I do have some decent knowledge of Photoshop, but my editing is average at best (if you've seen my Banjo and Medusa "poster before). If only the other supports can help out with this process. :/

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, what do you want to do exactly? :3
We just need a great cover image that incorporates @ Hana Na Tahou Hana Na Tahou 's design before we start our new Daisy for Smash campaign on Facebook. The Flower logo in the middle and character models from different games with the background colors being Yellow and Orange.

Last edited:
Top Bottom