• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Building a laser is never a bad decision.

Anyway, which design? The one in your avatars?

I think I can handle a Facebook cover with Photofiltre. This is not the best software, but I know how to be a bit crafty, DIY style, with it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Building a laser is never a bad decision.

Anyway, which design? The one in your avatars?

I think I can handle a Facebook cover with Photofiltre. This is not the best software, but I know how to be a bit crafty, DIY style, with it.
Sort of similar, except it has to be a collage of different Dasiy designs (lined up in a row) with a giant flower symbol in the middle and the image background itself is orange with a white banner. Do you think you can do that for us?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Sort of similar, except it has to be a collage of different Dasiy designs (lined up in a row) with a giant flower symbol in the middle and the image background itself is orange with a white banner. Do you think you can do that for us?
Oh, that should be doable. So, as a Facebook banner? If so, I'll take on account what could hide Daisy, like the profil image.

With the "Vote Daisy for Smash" text, I suppose? :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, that should be doable. So, as a Facebook banner? If so, I'll take on account what could hide Daisy, like the profil image.

With the "Vote Daisy for Smash" text, I suppose? :3
Sure, the "Vote for Daisy" part is needed after all. This is going to be quite the eye opening cover photo (Or Facebook banner) for our new page. :)

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'll give it a try then!

I think that I'll use the same font as I did for Medusa.

A Facebook cover... That's kinda small. I'll have to make it not too overloaded.

Edit: @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan I made this, kinda quickly. It's still fully editable, if needed!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sooooooooo, how many of you seen this Hi I'm Daisy song before? It is a rather mean spirited jab at Rosalina just because of her inclusion in Smash.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Hi I´m Puffer :p!!

Anyway, I kind of like the idea of Daisy; she could be a heavier Peach with more powerful attacks. I just have problems trying to think about an up b for her, any suggestions??

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hi I´m Puffer :p!!

Anyway, I kind of like the idea of Daisy; she could be a heavier Peach with more powerful attacks. I just have problems trying to think about an up b for her, any suggestions??
There's either two good options for her: Using her Flower Power to create a platform made of flowers that rise into the air or simplly doing an uppercut with her Crystal Fist. Or the other good options in the movesets that you see in the OP since there's four of them.

I'm assuming that you want to be on the list (I can do so if you want.). :)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
And so? What do you think of the facebook cover?
Posting it in an edit at the same time you posted maybe wasn't the best idea :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And so? What do you think of the facebook cover?
Posting it in an edit at the same time you posted maybe wasn't the best idea :3

Nah. it looks good enough. It really pops out given how bright and cheerful our princess always is.

Though I'm more interested in @ Hana Na Tahou Hana Na Tahou 's opinion on it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Again, I can still edit it completely if needed!
Well, there is one more thing that you could do regarding the empty space on the far right. Perhaps adding the link to the ballot's website would be a great way for casuals can fans to look for the site once they join our page. :4dk:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, there is one more thing that you could do regarding the empty space on the far right. Perhaps adding the link to the ballot's website would be a great way for casuals can fans to look for the site once they join our page. :4dk:
Don't you mean far left? :awesome:

I left that blank space, considering it's where the profil picture is on Facebook. So if it's a facebook cover...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't you mean far left? :awesome:

I left that blank space, considering it's where the profil picture is on Facebook. So if it's a facebook cover...
Damn, thanks for remaining me me anyways. :laugh:

Other than that, I'm afraid that there's not much left to do with it since there isn't enough room. But everything else looks "attractive" for now given that this was our original idea.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But I can still add the website between the "Smash Bros Ballot" text" and the profile picture!
Thanks, that actually looks much better. And now to wait until tomorrow when Hana's ready so our next big campaign can begin. I can already smell the potential new voters from a mile away and not those trolls that voted in yesterday's Reddit poll. :happysheep:

@ The Puffer The Puffer You are now apart of the Daisy clan since you said that you supported her.

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, that actually looks much better. And now to wait until tomorrow when Hana's ready so our next big campaign can begin. I can already smell the potential new voters from a mile away and not those trolls that voted in yesterday's Reddit poll. :happysheep:

@ The Puffer The Puffer You are now apart of the Daisy clan since you said that you supported her.
Those votes were trolls?! Aww, man... :(

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
But I can still add the website between the "Smash Bros Ballot" text" and the profile picture!
I sort of like this, but the outlines around the text is a tad... messy.

Here's how I do my outlines:
Assuming you're using GIMP, merge the text layer down onto a blank transparent layer, then right click the layer, choose alpha to selection, then make another layer right below the one the text was merged to, and goto the select menu, grow selection, 1-2 pixels, and then fill that in with the outline color.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I sort of like this, but the outlines around the text is a tad... messy.

Here's how I do my outlines:
Assuming you're using GIMP, merge the text layer down onto a blank transparent layer, then right click the layer, choose alpha to selection, then make another layer right below the one the text was merged to, and goto the select menu, grow selection, 1-2 pixels, and then fill that in with the outline color.
Sadly, @ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic you might want to fix the outlines of the text since it would look much cleaner that way. pefully, this would be the last correction necessary before we begin this operation tomorrow.

Wait what i fell asleep ;-; ohhhhhh pretty~ Are we using this? =3 did we get permission o.o
Don't get too excited, one of our fans find a flaw with the cover image and it needs a few finishing touches before we actually use it. The text just needs to have that "clean: look before we actually use it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Okay, so I went and found ALL of the stock art @ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic used, arranged them the same way, and spiced it up!
I can give you the xcf file if you want - none of the layers have been merged.

View attachment 46665
Now this is what I'm talking about, it looks like something that can really make someone say "Wow!". Assuming that there's not a single flaw, I guess we're set for making this new page tomorrow.

Since I'll be mostly busy tomorrow because of having two classes, I'm counting on you @ Hana Na Tahou Hana Na Tahou to set things up and try advertising the page. In the mean time, I'll rest in preparation for this long day. :urg:

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
Now this is what I'm talking about, it looks like something that can really make someone say "Wow!". Assuming that there's not a single flaw, I guess we're set for making this new page tomorrow.

Since I'll be mostly busy tomorrow because of having two classes, I'm counting on you @ Hana Na Tahou Hana Na Tahou to set things up and try advertising the page. In the mean time, I'll rest in preparation for this long day. :urg:
As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter if there's a flaw because it's in a whole new league now.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
@ CitrusRain CitrusRain The gray background could be switched to yellow/orange/turquoise since gray doesn't really seem to fit Daisy. Or gray could work since those colors might make the text/images harder to see. I don't know, I'm not artistic. It's just that gray doesn't seem very... Daisy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How's this?View attachment 46667

Edit:
Here's a link to the .xcf file for Gimp - in case you need to move stuff around since you're using it as a header image on a social network.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9wAJQVQvaD2R0RmeF9UUjJHQTQ/view?usp=sharing
Beautiful, now the new Daisy for Smash Facebook page can be made. @ Hana Na Tahou Hana Na Tahou , I'm counting on you for today since I won't be involved that much due to today's dual classes.

I support Daisy. She's my main in MK8. :)
You are now on the support list, Genetic Pokemon. :)

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Does that mean you love it? Oh don't be too modest! :smirk:
lol X3 page is pretty much done except for Cover photo, which i need to shrink but GIMP crashes suddenly on both my laptop and Desktop (quite strange that GIMP works flawlessly on Desktop forever, now it just crashes lol thanks life). Could use a better profile pic, but i'll worry about that later

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
lol X3 page is pretty much done except for Cover photo, which i need to shrink but GIMP crashes suddenly on both my laptop and Desktop (quite strange that GIMP works flawlessly on Desktop forever, now it just crashes lol thanks life). Could use a better profile pic, but i'll worry about that later
That's good to know, we are gonna be the ones to push our princess to her greatest boundaries to win this poll. In case GIMP is still not working for you, we can ask @ CitrusRain CitrusRain to shrink it a little before we start this operation.

Top Bottom