• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And to bring up a new subject that I've wanted to talk about until the "tragic deconfirmation", who would be the most fitting Death Battle opponent for Daisy other than Waaaaa himself? Another spinoff exclusive character like Jet the Hawk or Lana? Chances are that Rosalina would never make an appearance in the show due to inconsistent feats in comparison to Daisy like @ Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 said.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
And to bring up a new subject that I've wanted to talk about until the "tragic deconfirmation", who would be the most fitting Death Battle opponent for Daisy other than Waaaaa himself? Another spinoff exclusive character like Jet the Hawk or Lana? Chances are that Rosalina would never make an appearance in the show due to inconsistent feats in comparison to Daisy like @ Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 said.
The plant-powered energetic spin-off warrior.
Similar huh?

Or some other Flower Powered Princess, Lip maybe?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Blaze.
The tomboyish other princess/love interest in a major series who debuted in a two-part sub series and ever since has been delegated for filler in spinoffs.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Hmm, I really don't know who would be a good suggestion for Daisy, one idea I saw was a battle royal between the three, though it's obvious the most likely outcome is Rosalina winning, who do you think would go down first?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Blaze.
The tomboyish other princess/love interest in a major series who debuted in a two-part sub series and ever since has been delegated for filler in spinoffs.
Blaze was at least in Sonic Generations...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The plant-powered energetic spin-off warrior.
Similar huh?

Or some other Flower Powered Princess, Lip maybe?
They seem to have the closest in common, though Lip is more of the experienced one since she's the Flower Fairy. That would be an interesting match-up.

Blaze.
Another interesting match-up knowing the usual trend of Mario vs. Sonic fights. While Blaze is stronger and faster, I can see Screwattack removing the Burning Blaze form to make things fair (Especially since Daisy's Megastrike form, while unique, was only used for the sake of doing a Mega Strike).

Hmm, I really don't know who would be a good suggestion for Daisy, one idea I saw was a battle royal between the three, though it's obvious the most likely outcome is Rosalina winning, who do you think would go down first?
As much as I hate to say this, Daisy would be the first to go down since Peach is the much more experienced fighter with a wider range of abilities (Vibe Powers, Heart Power, her RPG weapons, etc). Then there's the fact that her only strength feat is pulled out of Mario Party 3, which involved punching Bowser into the sky (Mario and Peach easily did the same thing once or more).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
They seem to have the closest in common, though Lip is more of the experienced one since she's the Flower Fairy. That would be an interesting match-up.

Another interesting match-up knowing the usual trend of Mario vs. Sonic fights. While Blaze is stronger and faster, I can see Screwattack removing the Burning Blaze form to make things fair (Especially since Daisy's Megastrike form, while unique, was only used for the sake of doing a Mega Strike).

As much as I hate to say this, Daisy would be the first to go down since Peach is the much more experienced fighter with a wider range of abilities (Vibe Powers, Heart Power, her RPG weapons, etc). Then there's the fact that her only strength feat is pulled out of Mario Party 3, which involved punching Bowser into the sky (Mario and Peach easily did the same thing once or more).
Guess the only thing she has going for herself is that physically she is the strongest of the three but not much other than that.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Daisy's reaction to this...

Well, uh....I can call on the Sphinx! Yeah! I can also transform into a FIGHTER FLY! OFF I GOO!!!

But THAT'S NOT FAIR! We all know I'm stronger than you, but no one even gives me a chance outside lousy fanart! I mean, since when did you catch fire from rage????? Why can't I do anything when I'm angry?

Excuse my pitiful role playing....

EDIT: Here's a blast from the past with the Daisy for Brawl "support thread"

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Wouldn't pay it attention but, I have seen a few people who say Waluigi being in SMM is Miyamoto's way of letting fans know that he is listening to them, and that Daisy isn't there because she is gonna appear in Smash as DLC(such optimism), give or take you guys.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Wouldn't pay it attention but, I have seen a few people who say Waluigi being in SMM is Miyamoto's way of letting fans know that he is listening to them, and that Daisy isn't there because she is gonna appear in Smash as DLC(such optimism), give or take you guys.
Well I'm as pessimistic as ever right now, but the same thing happened to Bowser Jr. fans with Mario Kart 8. But he and the Koopalings managed to pull through right in the end!

(Have you got a source?)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Some tells me that these are either people giving these fans false hopes or just trolls who are sending us down the path of denial. I doubt Smash would have any effect on who can be used in Super Mario Maker since the game didn't start in development until a year after Smash started.

Now I'm not saying the chances of Daisy being DLC are completely unlikely, I think the fact that Mario Maker has any effect on which Mario character is picked to be DLC is farfetched. We might as well put Captain Toad and Geno in the same category since both characters never had costumes in the game as well (the latter because of obvious copyright issues).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Some tells me that these are either people giving these fans false hopes or just trolls who are sending us down the path of denial. I doubt Smash would have any effect on who can be used in Super Mario Maker since the game didn't start in development until a year after Smash started.

Now I'm not saying the chances of Daisy being DLC are completely unlikely, I think the fact that Mario Maker has any effect on which Mario character is picked to be DLC is farfetched. We might as well put Captain Toad and Geno in the same category since both characters never had costumes in the game as well (the latter because of obvious copyright issues).
Like I said, I wouldn't pay attention to it.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Well I'm as pessimistic as ever right now, but the same thing happened to Bowser Jr. fans with Mario Kart 8. But he and the Koopalings managed to pull through right in the end!

(Have you got a source?)
Not exactly, just posts here and there in some pages.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Guess the only thing she has going for herself is that physically she is the strongest of the three but not much other than that.
Maybe I have played too much Strikers...but I always imagined her being the type who goes uber rage mode when she gets angry.

Even before Strikers, as a little girl, I pictured her like that :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Maybe I have played too much Strikers...but I always imagined being the type who goes uber rage mode when she gets angry.

Same here, why people call Luigi a coward when he puts up with her when she is angry is beyond me.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Maybe I have played too much Strikers...but I always imagined being the type who goes uber rage mode when she gets angry.

Ever since her fist display of raw strength, I've pretty much ALWAYS pictured her to be like this. Only thing is, in recent years, with the possible exception of the Strikers games, no one's really ticked her off that much in recent years to truly cause her to reach that "critical" state of anger. Of course, if she shows up in Smash, all of that may change!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Indeed.
I have no choice but to salute Luigi for this. He has my deepest admiration.
True that. If you guys checked the Miiverse community on Peach's Samsh section, you'd see that it has gone haywire for the last couple of days, though I guess I can say in a good way.

T

Trick or Treat

Ever since her fist display of raw strength, I've pretty much ALWAYS pictured her to be like this. Only thing is, in recent years, with the possible exception of the Strikers games, no one's really ticked her off that much in recent years to truly cause her to reach that "critical" state of anger. Of course, if she shows up in Smash, all of that may change!
Staahhhhhhp, you are making me want her in Smash even more than I already did. Which was a lot. D:

Thus really needs to happen.. :/

True that. If you guys checked the Miiverse community on Peach's Samsh section, you'd see that it has gone haywire for the last couple of days, though I guess I can say in a good way.
Oh dear...I need to see this

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yep, Nintendo done messed with the wrong fandom for not having that costume in Super Mario Maker. So basically they've created a monster and these guys are pushing hard on that Daisy advertisement in the Peach community nowadays. :laugh:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Daisy's reaction to this...

Well, uh....I can call on the Sphinx! Yeah! I can also transform into a FIGHTER FLY! OFF I GOO!!!

But THAT'S NOT FAIR! We all know I'm stronger than you, but no one even gives me a chance outside lousy fanart! I mean, since when did you catch fire from rage????? Why can't I do anything when I'm angry?

Excuse my pitiful role playing....

EDIT: Here's a blast from the past with the Daisy for Brawl "support thread"
I actually enjoy your Daisy role play. You should do it often. And I also picture Daisy having a blend of southern, valley, ebonic accent. OH, and Daisy, we all know you're stronger than Peach.;)

Anyway, for the subject at hand, are these 100 costumes for SMM include the ones from that special 8-bit Mario Amiibo as well?

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Thank you!!

That reminds me, though. Anyone else wishing for a new Sluggers game? There are a lot of new potential characters and it was such a fun game.

Daisy was great in that <3
Yeah, I definitely am. I actually like the Mario baseball games a lot for some reason (being a baseball fan probably has something to do with it, go Astros) and still play them every once in a while. Daisy's my go to closer and sometimes I use her as a starting pitcher too. I'm partial to good defensive players, so she works well in my teams. I also think it's kind of neat how Super Sluggers has Daisy, Dixie, and K. Rool in it, three characters I'd like to see make it to Smash someday.

If there's one sports game other than Strikers that needs to happen in the future, it's definitely another Mario Sluggers game.

Many of the new characters added were so fun like the Kremlings, Wiggler, Blooper, and quite a few that I can't name at the top of my head. The Luma species can easily be used as new team members with Rosalina as the captain (I mean come on, it is inevitable at this point). Other new characters that can work well is at least some WarioWare employees (Ashley, Mona, and Jimmy T.) and some of the new Mario fan favorites (Nabbit, The Chimp, Fawful, Honey Queen, and Starlow). They should also expand the variety of enemy units with some Spikes, Boom Booms, Little Mousers, Bumpties, Broozers, and Rexes.
I think your Rosalina team idea (the Rosalina Galaxies/Supernovas maybe) is a good one. Maybe add Lubba, Baby Luma, co-star Luma, other random Luma colors, Baby Rosalina, and miscellaneous Galaxy NPCs to that to fill out the roster. I'd like to see a Wario team that has both Waluigi and some WarioWare people too. It'd also be nice if DK and K. Rool weren't on the same team, though I feel like there's a pretty good chance that all of the DK stuff will be kept to one team again. I'm not sure how likely this is to happen, but I like the idea of having a crossover team from another franchise like Animal Crossing given that AC seems to be crossing over with Mario stuff more often and that AC characters seem to fit in pretty well with Mario ones in Mario Kart 8.

Ah, sorry, I guess I got a little carried away with the Mario baseball talk.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Yeah, I definitely am. I actually like the Mario baseball games a lot for some reason (being a baseball fan probably has something to do with it, go Astros) and still play them every once in a while. Daisy's my go to closer and sometimes I use her as a starting pitcher too. I'm partial to good defensive players, so she works well in my teams. I also think it's kind of neat how Super Sluggers has Daisy, Dixie, and K. Rool in it, three characters I'd like to see make it to Smash someday.

I think your Rosalina team idea (the Rosalina Galaxies/Supernovas maybe) is a good one. Maybe add Lubba, Baby Luma, co-star Luma, other random Luma colors, Baby Rosalina, and miscellaneous Galaxy NPCs to that to fill out the roster. I'd like to see a Wario team that has both Waluigi and some WarioWare people too. It'd also be nice if DK and K. Rool weren't on the same team, though I feel like there's a pretty good chance that all of the DK stuff will be kept to one team again. I'm not sure how likely this is to happen, but I like the idea of having a crossover team from another franchise like Animal Crossing given that AC seems to be crossing over with Mario stuff more often and that AC characters seem to fit in pretty well with Mario ones in Mario Kart 8.

Ah, sorry, I guess I got a little carried away with the Mario baseball talk.
Wasn't the last Mario Baseball game Japan only?

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
I just saw it. I really like the push on there since its just people telling others to vote for Daisy and nothing too mean or extreme. Kind of hope that it spreads to the main community to leave more of a mark.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I owned Super Star Baseball and loved the HELL out of it.

Sluggers was international but pretty poorly recieved, and sadly, was the last time K. Rool was seen in a game (yet).
Wow, K.Rool's last appearance was a Mario spinoff game.....

Seeing how determined his fans are, that fact came as a surprise to me when I first heard about this. And I thought Daisy was being snubbed.

I'm not really a K.Rool supporter, but why did they completely forget him in DKC Returns?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

Seeing how determined his fans are, that fact came as a surprise to me when I first heard about this. And I thought Daisy was being snubbed.

I'm not really a K.Rool supporter, but why did they completely forget him in DKC Returns?
A couple of reasons. People have reason to believe Miyamoto and/or Takeda dislikes K. Rool. Something about the "no crocodiles [laughs]" quote. But the official reason is that Retro wanted to leave their own mark on the DK series and use something different from the Kremlings and ignore the larger part of the DK family. Sadly the enemies Retro did come up with were not very well received (at least the Tikis were poorly received, the Snowmads were more liked), and both enemy types drew too much from Kremlings and K. Rool, so both times we got variants of Not-Kremlings. With Retro now backing the Kremling Kampaign, things are looking great that K. Rool and the Kremlings will return for the next installment of Returns.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

You do know that Retro Studios love having original enemies half of the time, right? The same went for Metroid Prime in which only a few key enemies like the Zoomers and Metroids appeared (plus Ridley). There's also the fact that you would have to take into account that Miyamoto was reportedly seen to dislike the Kritters based on several of his interviews (kind of like how he makes excuses for why Daisy and Wario can't work in a Mario platformer).

Edit: Damn it Greninja! :4greninja:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
A couple of reasons. People have reason to believe Miyamoto and/or Takeda dislikes K. Rool. Something about the "no crocodiles [laughs]" quote. But the official reason is that Retro wanted to leave their own mark on the DK series and use something different from the Kremlings and ignore the larger part of the DK family. Sadly the enemies Retro did come up with were not very well received (at least the Tikis were poorly received, the Snowmads were more liked), and both enemy types drew too much from Kremlings and K. Rool, so both times we got variants of Not-Kremlings. With Retro now backing the Kremling Kampaign, things are looking great that K. Rool and the Kremlings will return for the next installment of Returns.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! I can understand them not using the Kremlings. I've come to peace with that. But seriously, they're not going to cut the other members of the Kong family, are they? Truth be told, the concept of the extended Kong family is what got me so intrigued with the DK series as of the original DKC trilogy and DK64. Heck, I was even hpoing the Chunky Kong AT rumor for Smash 4 was true, so I could be certain if Nintendo will ever use them in a mainline DK game again. Still though, I wonder if Retro Studios will ever mention the extended Kong family, and talk about if they'll use them for future DK games. I really hope so.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Whoa, whoa, whoa! I can understand them not using the Kremlings. I've come to peace with that. But seriously, they're not going to cut the other members of the Kong family, are they? Truth be told, the concept of the extended Kong family is what got me so intrigued with the DK series as of the original DKC trilogy and DK64. Heck, I was even hpoing the Chunky Kong AT rumor for Smash 4 was true, so I could be certain if Nintendo will ever use them in a mainline DK game again. Still though, I wonder if Retro Studios will ever mention the extended Kong family, and talk about if they'll use them for future DK games. I really hope so.
For what it's worth, they started out with Donkey and Diddy and then added Cranky and Dixie in the second game with Funky as a vendor NPC with no other Kongs in sight. Again, it's Retro wanting to do their own take on the DKC games. "Less is more" is their mindset. For all we know we might never see the other Kongs again like Candy, Chunky, Lanky, Tiny, etc. And certainly as hell no Bluster.

So yeah, that's why we really only have 4 members of the Kong family + Funky and no Kremlings.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
For what it's worth, they started out with Donkey and Diddy and then added Cranky and Dixie in the second game with Funky as a vendor NPC with no other Kongs in sight. Again, it's Retro wanting to do their own take on the DKC games. "Less is more" is their mindset. For all we know we might never see the other Kongs again like Candy, Chunky, Lanky, Tiny, etc. And certainly as hell no Bluster.

So yeah, that's why we really only have 4 members of the Kong family + Funky and no Kremlings.
Well, I guess that's a legit reason, I wonder if Retro will decide to make their own members, or if the original cast will be mentioned on various occasions. BTW, did Retro Studios THEMSELVES say that the other Kong family members will NEVER be seen again, or is it just looking that way right about now? I'm npot saying I don't believe you, I just REALLY want to be sure. Like I've said, the concept of DONKEY KONG of all people having such a BIG family tree, was hilarious, and VERY intriguing so me, so I just wanted to know for sure. (Then again, to my knowledge, Primates have big families, so...)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Well, I guess that's a legit reason, I wonder if Retro will decide to make their own members, or if the original cast will be mentioned on various occasions. BTW, did Retro Studios THEMSELVES say that the other Kong family members will NEVER be seen again, or is it just looking that way right about now? I'm npot saying I don't believe you, I just REALLY want to be sure. Like I've said, the concept of DONKEY KONG of all people having such a BIG family tree, was hilarious, and VERY intriguing so me, so I just wanted to know for sure. (Then again, to my knowledge, Primates have big families, so...)
If they did, I don't know where to find such a quote. I just applied the same reasoning of the Kremlings to the extended Kong family because we haven't seen nor heard from them.

Edit: I won't go into further depth about the Kongs or Kremlings because this is still the Daisy thread.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Speaking about Kremlings and their Kutthroats, here's a game courtesy of @DJ3DS I'm shamelessly copying:

Crystal Smash Clone!

Basically, we are going to make Daisy a clone.
Of everybody.

We'll end with Daisy detractors's deity: Peach
I'll begin:

Firey Flowered "Mario"

B: Superball Flower
Daisy shoots a iron ball from her hand, bouncing a few times and slightly damaging opponents it touches.

Side B: Flowerbed Smash
Daisy pulls a Flowerbed out of thin air and smashes the opponents with it, reflecting any projectiles it touches.

Up B: Flower Catch Jump
Daisy jumps high while holding a baseball glove high, making little flowers appear when hitting opponents.

Down B: Watering Flower
Daisy pulls out a big flower that spouts a stream of water.
The best practical joke in history, repurposed for a convincing Daisy Mario.

What are you waiting for?
Show that Daisy's a clone! :troll:

Last edited:
Top Bottom