• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Do you know how to send messages to NOA? I just want to ask them politely why Daisy wasn't in SMM.
Get a help ticket from their support site. Make sure to tell them about your region or what platform you own so that they can get a better idea of who you are. Choosing the subject might be a bit difficult, but it's a great way of sending a 1000 letter message to them nontheless.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/assets/region_select.jsp?d=contactus&f=1

Troykv

Smash Master
*Appears* Wait a minute... Is actually confirmed that we don't have a Daisy's Costume?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*Appears* Wait a minute... Is actually confirmed that we don't have a Daisy's Costume?
The entire video was leaked and viewed before the uploader made it private. So yeah, she's missed out on her chance of being in the same platformer as Waluigi.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
I'm glad the anger is finally passing. It sucks that Daisy isn't in this game, it really does. A lot of characters I like didn't make it into SMM, but at least some characters I do like made it in. That's better than nothing. It also sucks that Daisy didn't get a Mario Party amiibo. I don't even own the game and I would have picked that up in a heartbeat. At least with Daisy she plays a significant role in all the spin off games. Unfortunately, I think Nintendo thinks that's enough. Her personality shines through so much, even when she's just driving or playing tennis. Imagine what you could do with a full fledged game. I would love a new super princess game that focuses on all the princesses, or some other big game where the three of them are playable.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
At this point, I'm thinking Princess Daisy's last hope to be in a spin-off that ISN'T another Mario spin-off IS Smash, after all. Oh God, PLEASE let Sakurai-senpai take notice of her.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
At this point, I'm thinking Princess Daisy's last hope to be in a spin-off that ISN'T another Mario spin-off IS Smash, after all. Oh God, PLEASE let Sakurai-senpai take notice of her.
And people say that Smash isn't a spin-off but another thing altogether, but yeah, this is our last hope, anybody know how Japan is reacting?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
And people say that Smash isn't a spin-off but another thing altogether, but yeah, this is our last hope, anybody know how Japan is reacting?
I'm curious myself...Hopefully, it'll be enough to light enough of a fire their belly to keep on voting for her before the Ballot ends.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since the video was shown on YouTube and it was in Spanish, chances are that the Japanese fans wouldn't know about it due to the lack of popularity YouTube has with them (in addition to them usually catching on to foreign leaks/news too late). I think we won't really get a good idea until the Japanese Super Mario Maker page opens and they would find out the disappointing news for themselves.

T

Trick or Treat

I've forgot the tell you this earlier, but you are now on the support list. :)

While she may be absent in an upcoming Wii U title like Super Mario Maker, she still has a great future ahead of her like being a mainstay in sports spinoffs. So let's keep supporting her to the very end while nearly 4 weeks remain in this final sprint through the Smash Ballot.
Thank you!!

That reminds me, though. Anyone else wishing for a new Sluggers game? There are a lot of new potential characters and it was such a fun game.

Daisy was great in that <3

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Thank you!!

That reminds me, though. Anyone else wishing for a new Sluggers game? There are a lot of new potential characters and it was such a fun game.

Sluggers is the Mario Sport I'm hoping the most for it to return. I'd imagine another main captain would be Rosalina with Polari, Lumas and Lubba as partners. Not sure what team Nabbit could fit

Btw, I'd also like to form part of the support list :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sluggers is the Mario Sport I'm hoping the most for it to return. I'd imagine another main captain would be Rosalina with Polari, Lumas and Lubba as partners. Not sure what team Nabbit could fit

Btw, I'd also like to form part of the support list :p
Consider it done, my Tohou loving friend. Like old Eggman would say, the more the merrier!

Thank you!!

If there's one sports game other than Strikers that needs to happen in the future, it's definitely another Mario Sluggers game.

Many of the new characters added were so fun like the Kremlings, Wiggler, Blooper, and quite a few that I can't name at the top of my head. The Luma species can easily be used as new team members with Rosalina as the captain (I mean come on, it is inevitable at this point). Other new characters that can work well is at least some WarioWare employees (Ashley, Mona, and Jimmy T.) and some of the new Mario fan favorites (Nabbit, The Chimp, Fawful, Honey Queen, and Starlow). They should also expand the variety of enemy units with some Spikes, Boom Booms, Little Mousers, Bumpties, Broozers, and Rexes.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Consider it done, my Tohou loving friend. Like old Eggman would say, the more the merrier!

If there's one sports game other than Strikers that needs to happen in the future, it's definitely another Mario Sluggers game.

Many of the new characters added were so fun like the Kremlings, Wiggler, Blooper, and quite a few that I can't name at the top of my head. The Luma species can easily be used as new team members with Rosalina as the captain (I mean come on, it is inevitable at this point). Other new characters that can work well is at least some WarioWare employees (Ashley, Mona, and Jimmy T.) and some of the new Mario fan favorites (Nabbit, The Chimp, Fawful, Honey Queen, and Starlow). They should also expand the variety of enemy units with some Spikes, Boom Booms, Little Mousers, Bumpties, Broozers, and Rexes.
Don't forget all the Koopalings in Bowser's team! Would Captain Toad be considered a new character? His bat could even be a pickaxe

Btw I loved how some characters had really wacky bats like Funky Kong and Hammer/Boomerang Bro.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Okay, serious post time!

As a K. Rool fan who had to suffer through the Mii Costume (even if it, hopefully, might not mean anything) I feel for you Daisy fans, not getting your character into a game which would be little more than a sprite, when a wii fit board, a trampoline, and a block got in. It's hard not to question if the devs hate your character of choice.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't forget all the Koopalings in Bowser's team! Would Captain Toad be considered a new character? His bat could even be a pickaxe

Btw I loved how some characters had really wacky bats like Funky Kong and Hammer/Boomerang Bro.
Dang, how can I forget about the Koopalings of all characters? Those guys are also shoo-ins since they weren't playable in Mario Kart 8 for nothing. :p

Captain Toad is more or less a lock as well since the producer did say that he would like him to appear in more games. Give me that headlight wearing tough guy so that I can bat a baseball with my pickaxe.

Indeed, the batting methods/weapons for each character was so cool and made up for more variety. DK with his boxing glove, Bowser with his badass kanabo club, Funky Kong with his cool surfboard, and the Bros. with whatever crazy weapon they use. :laugh:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Yep.

Nintendo hates Daisy.
I firmly believe that it's not Nintendo as a whole hating Daisy, K. Rool, Krystal, and so on, but Miyamoto trying to blot out outside influences from series that he created. The rumours of such have persisted for so many years now, and this honestly looks like yet another instance of that.

D

Deleted member

I firmly believe that it's not Nintendo as a whole hating Daisy, K. Rool, Krystal, and so on, but Miyamoto trying to blot out outside influences from series that he created. The rumours of such have persisted for so many years now, and this honestly looks like yet another instance of that.
It would kind of make sense.

You know, I would love a Mario Strikers game on the Wii U. I would also love a Mario Volleyball game, because those are my two favorite sports. It's too bad Super Mario Spikers got cancelled. Daisy would be so great in those, and I'm personally not very interested in most of the other sports games.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Now I'm sure that Waluigi is going to be promoted in Smash 5.
I wouldn't think that on the basis of that rumour, personally (there are other likely reasons why this may very well happen, but this rumour isn't one of them). Especially not when it mentions an Amibo line for Star Fox Zero - something Miyamoto himself has strongly implied isn't happening with talk of how he doesn't want to use them much in that game, and how the extras will just be a very small thing for people who bought into the Smash Amiibos of the Star Fox characters.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I wouldn't think that on the basis of that rumour, personally (there are other likely reasons why this may very well happen, but this rumour isn't one of them). Especially not when it mentions an Amibo line for Star Fox Zero - something Miyamoto himself has strongly implied isn't happening with talk of how he doesn't want to use them much in that game, and how the extras will just be a very small thing for people who bought into the Smash Amiibos of the Star Fox characters.
Just checked the rumour date, Friday 4th September.

Calling fake now.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
News:
The developer of 'Skylanders superchargers' considered introducing Peach, Kirby and Star Fox as playable characters.
But the really interesting thing was this:
The first idea of 'Vicarious Visions' was Peach warrior with a sword. However, Nintendo rejected for not being typical of the character's personality and made it clear from the start that the players of Super Mario Bros. were "out of reach". However, later Bowser was incorporated.
This very clear that Peach doesn't have that warrior personality, she is a damsel in distress.

But and Daisy? Again, she wasn't even considered.

If they wanted a strong female character and warrior ... Princess Daisy.

Here in Spain, most wondered the same thing.
In short, Daisy would have been perfect, but we need more recognition and Nintendo must realize that she is really dear.

#VOTEFORDAISY

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I LOVE that 3D Daisy model! It stays true to character (Daisy is the ruler of the Chai Kingdom and this costume has an oriental vibe) while also managing to look badass!

(Is badass even allowed in this forum?)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I LOVE that 3D Daisy model! It stays true to character (Daisy is the ruler of the Chai Kingdom and this costume has an oriental vibe) while also managing to look badass!

(Is badass even allowed in this forum?)
Bad**s is, bad-**s is not.

It might be considered censor-dodging, so I'd reword it.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
desert.jpg

@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan :) Hope that you don't mind me leaving this here, I have been doing character "constellation" drawings for a while, and I thought it would be fun do one for Daisy.

=u= and sorry if I may forgot some details, It is the first time I draw her.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
What's even more insulting is that Toadette and Daisy already have 8 bit sprites.

Last edited:
Top Bottom