• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Promotion, Nintendo is clearly doing it for the money. But this isn't the first time this had happened. :roymelee:
Still...Daisy is basically a Mario series veteran at this point.

I don't understand how they managed to create a fully animated HD model for Daisy AND Baby Daisy, but couldn't be bothered to make (or recycle) an 8 bit sprite.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Promotion, Nintendo is clearly doing it for the money. But this isn't the first time this had happened. :roymelee:
But, I feel as if :roymelee: got a LOT, if not, TONS more larger (and possibly even BETTER) reception. For corn's sake, people! He showed up in Nintendo's biggest (and I think only) crossover game!:crazy: Which has them fighting each other!:troll: Still, though. It REALLY makes you wonder why Princess Daisy STILL isn't included in a crossover like THIS...

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I hate to be the barer of bad news, but all 100 Mario costumes have been revealed. But Daisy isn't playable.
Well, that's disappointing. I know that Daisy tends to just make appearances in spinoffs these days, but well, Super Mario Maker is kind of a spinoff itself. I figured that since the game had 100 costumes, she had a good chance of getting one. I don't know. While it's not a huge deal, I think it's kind of puzzling.

Well now that I calmed down a little, let's look at the bright side.

It's not just Daisy that was omitted.

Notable Mario Characters omitted from Mario Maker

• Daisy

• Toadette

• All seven Koopalings

• Birdo (she's probably retired at this point.....)

• Nabbit

• The Babies

• Lubba

• Professor E.Gadd

• Toadsworth

• Wart

• Fawful

• Paper Mario

• Dixie Kong (DK)

• Cranky Kong (DK)

Actually that isn't much when I think about it :ohwell:

But Wolf is also missing from Star Fox while the Arwing made it. Also Bowser Jr. was cut from Mario Kart but he still made it in Smash.
I find it a little weird that among the non-amiibo Mario/DK characters left out are some of the most prominent female characters in those two franchises. I don't really think that was intentional; it may have just been a side effect of most female Mario characters being left for spinoffs (something I don't really understand) and Dixie being more of a DKC character than a Mario one.

On a related note, I don't like the notion that for some reason there's a limit to the number of female Mario characters allowed in the main series games (and Smash for that matter) and that Peach and Rosalina fill those two "slots" such that other characters would be unnecessary. I feel like the more female characters in Mario games, the better. Maybe that's something worth telling Nintendo in the Smash ballot. They did say they'd use it for future games and it's the main means that Daisy fans currently have for directly appealing to Nintendo. I think it may be worth a shot at least.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

By the way, I found this tidbit from the Animal Crossing Wiki.

She has a costume in Mario Maker before her first appearance.

I don't know what to say.
Well, technically not, since Happy Home Designer has been released in Japan for some time now. But for everywhere else, yeah.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't on here yesterday, so I've had to catch up:
First, I think it's pretty disappointing that Daisy's not in SMM. Again, out of 100 costumes for a game celebrating Super Mario's history, of which Super Mario Land is a part, you'd think she'd be in the game. So that's pretty messed up, and messed up as well for all the other Mario characters that didn't make it. Shouldn't they have had priority?

The only thing I can think of to console me is the possibility that Daisy may get an amiibo in the future, or DLC will allow more costumes in Super Mario Maker. Bowser Jr. was omitted from Mario Kart 8, but then came back for Super Smash Bros. and Super Mario Maker, so if things were magical Daisy could come back being featured in her own game. Maybe in 20 years. If Rosalina hasn't completely replaced her by that point.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Finally, we will have to wait. Daisy may be added as DLC, both in Mario Maker or Smash Bros, but I sincerely doubt it.

Just we don't have to rush.
The only good thing we can draw is that Daisy is being a little more recognized in the art books and more.

All I know is that I have now voted again for Daisy.
And you?

#VOTEFORDAISY

Morbi

Scavenger
I just read about Daisy not being one of the 100 costumes in Mario Maker, obviously that is questionable to say the least. I am surprised at just how avid you guys are as fans. Daisy's chance for Smash 4 might not be nearly as observable anymore; however, regardless of this, I now consider myself a Daisy supporter.

T

Trick or Treat

Even though Daisy is my favorite Mario character of all time (with Toadette and Waluigi as second place) I'm not that angry that she isn't in the game. More just curious as to why.

I'm not at Nintendo, but I can't really think of any reason why they'd leave her out. Hmm.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I just read about Daisy not being one of the 100 costumes in Mario Maker, obviously that is questionable to say the least. I am surprised at just how avid you guys are as fans. Daisy's chance for Smash 4 might not be nearly as observable anymore; however, regardless of this, I now consider myself a Daisy supporter.
Despite what's thrown at us, we never give up.

I'm surprised that we actually gotten more visitors after the bad news, so that's something at least.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't on here yesterday, so I've had to catch up:
First, I think it's pretty disappointing that Daisy's not in SMM. Again, out of 100 costumes for a game celebrating Super Mario's history, of which Super Mario Land is a part, you'd think she'd be in the game. So that's pretty messed up, and messed up as well for all the other Mario characters that didn't make it. Shouldn't they have had priority?

The only thing I can think of to console me is the possibility that Daisy may get an amiibo in the future, or DLC will allow more costumes in Super Mario Maker. Bowser Jr. was omitted from Mario Kart 8, but then came back for Super Smash Bros. and Super Mario Maker, so if things were magical Daisy could come back being featured in her own game. Maybe in 20 years. If Rosalina hasn't completely replaced her by that point.
We must have hope.
By the same token, Daisy may have an important opportunity in the future.

We have to wait and of course, vote for Daisy.

#VOTEFORDAISY

T

Trick or Treat

Finally put in my vote for Daisy on the tally. Hopefully it will mean something.

I've been supporting Daisy since before Brawl came out :p

NNID
Samyatang
Hold the phone. Daisy's not in Mario Maker? Forreal? Jeez. When I found out about this, I was disgusted. There's nothing I could really say. (But seriously Nintendo, a mahjong piece is playable in Mario Maker? Really? -.-) Here's hoping that Daisy will get an amiibo that unlocks her in Mario Maker, or is added via DLC...if not, I have so many questions...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I was hoping that you'd say that Morbid. Allow me to add you to our ever-growing list before I get back to fanboying over today's excellent One Piece chapter. :awesome:

Morbi

Scavenger
Finally put in my vote for Daisy on the tally. Hopefully it will mean something.

To be fair, I believe that the last month of voting will be the most significant. It is most reflective of what people (the people who are still playing the game and are guaranteed to purchase the DLC) actually want at the current time, rather than what their knee-jerk characters were. For instance, I voted for Wolf a lot. I should not have done that, because he is going to return regardless. But now, I put a vote in for Daisy. I did not want her when the ballot first opened, but a lot has changed.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
By the way, I found this tidbit from the Animal Crossing Wiki.

She has a costume in Mario Maker before her first appearance.

I don't know what to say.
............Smh at Nintendo.

Well, on a different topic, I don't know why, but something in my head is always telling me that Daisy will be DLC for Smash.... I don't know,.. I guess I'm just too hopeful, but for some reason I just always have this feeling that it's going to happen. I love trolling Daisy haters by constantly saying, "She WILL be DLC. She will. She WILL be DLC." lmao

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While all of this is happening, I wonder how @Tilk feels abut this. Probably she is understanding of the situation or equally as disappointed as some. Haven't been hearing from her in months since the last time when she used to be one of our more active members.

Morbi

Scavenger
............Smh at Nintendo.

Well, on a different topic, I don't know why, but something in my head is always telling me that Daisy will be DLC for Smash.... I don't know,.. I guess I'm just too hopeful, but for some reason I just always have this feeling that it's going to happen. I love trolling Daisy haters by constantly saying, "She WILL be DLC. She will. She WILL be DLC." lmao
I hope you are correct. She has the perfect blend of being prevalent while maintaining a reasonable prominence within the series, the only inherent issue with her inclusion is the whole, "she is aesthetically similar to Peach; therefore, she is a clone." And honestly, that is not a huge problem from a developer's perspective.

Daisy has always been my favorite Mario character. Peach never appealed to me and Rosalina appealed to me at first, but my hipster pride prevented me from ever truly caring about her.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Even though Daisy is my favorite Mario character of all time (with Toadette and Waluigi as second place) I'm not that angry that she isn't in the game. More just curious as to why.

I'm not at Nintendo, but I can't really think of any reason why they'd leave her out. Hmm.
Wow, you know, that's exactly how I feel as well. I'm not mad that Princess Daisy didn't make it into SMM, but, OMG, why the heck not? Seriously, I've been mulling it over, and all I can say is Nintendo BETTER give us an answer soon. I'm not even joking. Desptie ALL of her spin-off appearances since Mario Tennis, the game where WAAAAA also made his DEBUT mind you, and somehow, HE gets in the (HOPEFULLY) intial roster of the game, and Princess Daisy DOESN'T? Seriously, guys. I....I....I am at SUCH a loss for words..........I REALLY can't wrap my head around this. Like I already said, Nintendo better give us an explantion as to why she, along with the KOOPALINGS, among MANY others, din't make it into SMM. Seriously, man. This is Smash 4, pre-DLC all over again....My God.....

T

Trick or Treat

I hope you are correct. She has the perfect blend of being prevalent while maintaining a reasonable prominence within the series, the only inherent issue with her inclusion is the whole, "she is aesthetically similar to Peach; therefore, she is a clone." And honestly, that is not a huge problem from a developer's perspective.

Daisy has always been my favorite Mario character. Peach never appealed to me and Rosalina appealed to me at first, but my hipster pride prevented me from ever truly caring about her.
I am the opposite. At first I had no interest in Rosalina and didn't like that she started appearing everywhere. But she has grown on me a lot, to now I like her more than Peach.

Nowhere near as much as Daisy though.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wow, you know, that's exactly how I feel as well. I'm not mad that Princess Daisy didn't make it into SMM, but, OMG, why the heck not? Seriously, I've been mulling it over, and all I can say is Nintendo BETTER give us an answer soon. I'm not even joking. Desptie ALL of her spin-off appearances since Mario Tennis, the game where WAAAAA also made his DEBUT mind you, and somehow, HE gets in the (HOPEFULLY) intial roster of the game, and Princess Daisy DOESN'T? Seriously, guys. I....I....I am at SUCH a loss for words..........I REALLY can't wrap my head around this. Like I already said, Nintendo better give us an explantion as to why she, along with the KOOPALINGS, among MANY others, din't make it into SMM. Seriously, man. This is Smash 4, pre-DLC all over again....My God.....
The reason is probably as simple as the fact that they only had 100 slots and their priority list was not focused on the most important Mario characters, but rather a good variety of different characters that people do not often get to play as... Or something.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
If there's ever another Super Princess Peach, do you think it's possible they could include Daisy? I'm not sure if that game counts as a mainstream Mario game, but if it does it's a nice and cool way to reintroduce Daisy once again

T

Trick or Treat

The reason is probably as simple as the fact that they only had 100 slots and their priority list was not focused on the most important Mario characters, but rather a good variety of different characters that people do not often get to play as... Or something.
I kind of assumed Waluigi and Daisy were on relatively equal grounds in that regard.

Although that priority idea seems silly with all of the Mario (and Yoshi) recolors. Well, to me.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Still though.........WAAAAAA? And a Mahjong piece? A trampoline? A bunch of AC characters? (Personally, the ONLY AC characters I would have added, if I was in charge of the game would be the Villager (male and female) Tom Nook, his kids, K.K. Slider, Isabelle, and MAAAAYBE Digby.) Mario and Yoshi recolors? SO.........MUCH............RECOLOOOOOOOORS! (If you know what that last line is a reference to, I'll give you a daisy!:awesome:) Speaking of which.....
WHY U NO ADD PRINCESS DAISY?!?!?!?!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If there's ever another Super Princess Peach, do you think it's possible they could include Daisy? I'm not sure if that game counts as a mainstream Mario game, but if it does it's a nice and cool way to reintroduce Daisy once again
That would be if they would ever think about revisiting that concept again. While the idea of Peach being able to fight and save Mario herself was something fans considered interesting, the difficulty was a bit on the easy side for fans and certain individuals found the idea of Peach fighting with her Vibe Abilities sexist at best.

Having Daisy appear in a possible sequel would be fantastic, but they might as well have to change a few things to make sure that it doesn't cause too much ire from the feminist community. Maybe just going for her heart abilities (Flower Power for Daisy) and ditching the Vibe mechanic altogether would be a great start?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I kind of assumed Waluigi and Daisy were on relatively equal grounds in that regard.

Although that priority idea seems silly with all of the Mario (and Yoshi) recolors. Well, to me.
I have no idea about Yoshi, but a couple of costumes for Mario in Mario Maker seems logical enough to me. Who knows, maybe they are trying to promote Yoshi's Wooly World. Regardless, I think that even people that do not frequent the Daisy thread believe that Daisy should have been one of those costumes.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Roy ain't in Super Mario Maker. :c

I guess I'll just wait until Hsien-Ko's not confirmed for Project x Zone 2 while not getting any fan faves in return.

Ah well, I quite expected this because I had like folk like Starfy and Chrom before. Should have seen this type of thing coming.

(I think I'm gonna not support Daisy for a good note by the way because Nintendo has finally shown their true colors.)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Roy ain't in Super Mario Maker. :c

I guess I'll just wait until Hsien-Ko's not confirmed for Project x Zone 2 while not getting any fan faves in return.

Ah well, I quite expected this because I had like folk like Starfy and Chrom before. Should have seen this type of thing coming.

(I think I'm gonna not support Daisy for a good note by the way because Nintendo has finally shown their true colors.)
Project X Zone????

Even Sonic didn't make the cut there!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

While it may not be much, I've ran into this just by searching "Super Mario Maker" on Tumblr today. Knowing how emotional the Tumblrinas normally get, things are probably going to get much worse when a larger number of them discover that Daisy isn't in the game. Here's to hoping that this won't be another Metroid: Federation Force Petition situation in the end.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So didn't Klonoa, King, etc. Most chars were humans or humanoids. :ohwell:
Though it was weird how Klonoa & Co. was immune to that rule in the original Namco X Capcom.

Personally I want Bravoman and Wonder Momo back.

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
So Daisy isn't in Super Mario Maker as an costume? *Sigh...* Not going to lie, that leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Yoshi may be my favorite character of all time, but I didn't need all those variations of him as separate outfits, especially if Daisy would potentially be in... Don't get me wrong though, I still plan in using them.

Also, I won't lie... it hurts a bit more that things -- not actual characters -- but things got in over her. I'm cool with the Mario variations in this game -- and ONLY this game -- because it celebrates the history of the game and character. I'm cool with the Wii Fit Balance Board since it's actually a character in Wii Fit that talks to you and informs you quite a bit. I refuse to rip on the Animal Crossing characters because I don't think they deserve any of the fire and I'm actually glad that they're getting a push these days. But a ? block and a trampoline? That just furrows my brow a bit.

But life goes on, you know? It's not the end of the world and we all live to see another day. So I hope nobody loses their freaking minds over this; however I hope someday Nintendo would put Daisy in more than Mario Spin-offs and become aware on how many people actually like this character.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Has everyone calmed down now(pain in my left knee forced me to return sooner from work)?
We got past the anger stage and we're currently bargaining (hopeing for a patch), going on depression.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
We got past the anger stage and we're currently bargaining (hopeing for a patch), going on depression.
Already got over it, dwelling on it wouldn't do me any good, but for the mean time I am keeping my expectations low, don't wanna experience another major disappointment like that one.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I've forgot the tell you this earlier, but you are now on the support list. :)

While she may be absent in an upcoming Wii U title like Super Mario Maker, she still has a great future ahead of her like being a mainstay in sports spinoffs. So let's keep supporting her to the very end while nearly 4 weeks remain in this final sprint through the Smash Ballot.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I've forgot the tell you this earlier, but you are now on the support list. :)

While she may be absent in an upcoming Wii U title like Super Mario Maker, she still has a great future ahead of her like being a mainstay in sports spinoffs. So let's keep supporting her to the very end while nearly 4 weeks remain in this final sprint through the Smash Ballot.
Do you know how to send messages to NOA? I just want to ask them politely why Daisy wasn't in SMM.

Top Bottom