• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well neiter Krystal or Wolf got in Mario Maker either so it's not just a Daisy thing.

There are talks of the game updating with more costumes so we could get lucky.
The difference is that Daisy is a Mario character and she got pushed aside for more Mario variations...

EDIT: Wait, the game updating with more costumes????

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
The difference is that Daisy is a Mario character and she got pushed aside for more Mario variations...
I hate all variations of Mario and Yoshi. When Nintendo could have included many more characters with charisma.

I'm just disappointed and feel resentment by Nintendo. Of course, I haven't lost hope and I hope everything is considered in Daisy Smash therefore we are to continue to vote.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Man, I was planning on dedicating a good chunk of my 120 levels to Daisy.

I'll just stick with Super Mario World and NSMB U styles now.

I guess the 1% actually meant something now.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

EDIT: Wait, the game updating with more costumes????
Well they confirmed it will be updated to support more amiibo so either Daisy is included as a bonus in an update or a Daisy amiibo is released. (More reason to get her in Smash then, eh?)

I think we're all overreacting a bit on this thread. I'll come back when the raw anger has died down.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well they confirmed it will be updated to support more amiibo so either Daisy is included as a bonus in an update or a Daisy amiibo is released. (More reason to get her in Smash then, eh?)

I think we're all overreacting a bit on this thread. I'll come back when the raw anger has died down.
Source?

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman

It isn't exaggeration, is disgust.

The fans of Daisy still fighting and voting and yet Nintendo ignore.
The saddest thing is that there are other characters who suffer the same fate as Daisy.

In short, Daisy should have more recognition and respect because is a veteran character.

#VOTEFORDAISY

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I just noticed that they added Yoshi with a big head as a costume...

image.jpg

Really? REALLY?!?!?!?!

This is seriously rubbing salt on the wound of Daisy and Toadette fans. Was it really necessary for Mega Yarn Yoshi to get a unique costume?

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I just noticed that they added Yoshi with a big head as a costume...

View attachment 71528

Really? REALLY?!?!?!?!

This is seriously rubbing salt on the wound of Daisy and Toadette fans. Was it really necessary for Mega Yarn Yoshi to get a unique costume?
Calm down, I know the feeling but dwelling on it won't do us any good, I think we are overreacting here, infuriating, sickening,disgusting? Definitely but let's not lose our cool or all the hard work until now will be in vain if we don't calm down.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Calm down, I know the feeling but dwelling on it won't do us any good, I think we are overreacting here, infuriating, sickening,disgusting? Definitely but let's not lose our cool or all the hard work until now will be in vain if we don't calm down.
I guess you're right...

But what has the Mahjong tile got to do with Nintendo at all?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It's not just us, fans of other characters are going haywire as well, but enough of that, dwelling on it won't do us any good.
I know, but this is just one stab in the wound for Daisy fans among many.

Firstly, she was on hiatus for nine years while Wario was created and exploded in popularity.

Then they bring her back to spinoffs and only spinoffs so that Peach can have a partner for tennis and go-karting. She manages to not get cut despite other characters not being so lucky. People call her a "Peach clone" because of this.

Afterwards, Rosalina were created and exploded in popularity, similar to Wario. Rosalina even appeared as playable in Mario 3D World and Smash 4. She even got her very own amiibo. Poor Daisy is still stuck in spinoffs.

Toadette was in a similar situation, but she got a major role in Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (she's M.I.A in Mario Maker though...)

Now, Waluigi finally gets a chance to be playable in a Mario platformer and people were ecstatic. Look at the Reddit posts! Poor Daisy doesn't even get a mention.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I know, but this is just one stab in the wound for Daisy fans among many.

Firstly, she was on hiatus for nine years while Wario was created and exploded in popularity.

Then they bring her back to spinoffs and only spinoffs so that Peach can have a partner for tennis and go-karting. She manages to not get cut despite other characters not being so lucky. People call her a "Peach clone" because of this.

Afterwards, Rosalina were created and exploded in popularity, similar to Wario. Rosalina even appeared as playable in Mario 3D World and Smash 4. She even got her very own amiibo. Poor Daisy is still stuck in spinoffs.

Toadette was in a similar situation, but she got a major role in Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (she's M.I.A in Mario Maker though...)

Now, Waluigi finally gets a chance to be playable in a Mario platformer and people were ecstatic. Look at the Reddit posts! Poor Daisy doesn't even get a mention.
Since when does Reddit care for Daisy? Like I said, don't dwell on it, it will only be worse the more you think about it. But now we know for sure something is wrong with Nintendo.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
It would be even better if they were permanent! What are some examples of temporary party members in RPG's?
Mostly Kingdom Hearts.

Also on the lack of Daisy costume, it's quite simple, if Mario Party 10 sold better and that amiibo set sold like smash to a point it got a wave 2, there'd be a Daisy amiibo and costume. It still can happen, it's not definite though. But it's still a very logical sequence of events to happen.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Like I said, I'm not really surprised that Daisy isn't playable, just very disappointed, especially since Waluigi is playable but not her. I don't know why, but the fact that the majority of Mario fans like Waluigi more than Daisy and that Nintendo seems to think so as well sort of makes me hate Waluigi even more. I don't mean to sound selfish but honestly I don't like how he's being favored over her.

And this could've been a good opportunity to add Daisy in order to represent Super Mario Land but I guess we'll never fully understand why Nintendo doesn't use Daisy.

At least we still have Mario Tennis Ultra Smash to look forward to. Daisy will probably be in it. But then again, it's a LOT less exciting since Daisy is always in spin offs anyways so it's really nothing special. We've seen her in plenty of them and it's not like it's a main game, an RPG, or Smash. :p

And because they refuse to use Daisy in things as simple as Mario Maker then I really doubt she's getting into Smash.

Well neiter Krystal or Wolf got in Mario Maker either so it's not just a Daisy thing.

There are talks of the game updating with more costumes so we could get lucky.
Well Krystal and Wolf I'm fine with not being in since they're not even Mario characters in the first place, but Daisy is a frickin' Mario character that appears so often, so she should've been in. How the hell is a Wii balance board, a majong piece (wtf???), soo many Animal Crossing characters and even Waluigi playable but not Daisy?! Dafuq? Ok, Nintendo definitely hates Daisy.

And even if they're are rumors about DLC costumes I don't really care cause I guarantee you they won't be Daisy. It will probably just be some other series characters.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Mostly Kingdom Hearts.

Also on the lack of Daisy costume, it's quite simple, if Mario Party 10 sold better and that amiibo set sold like smash to a point it got a wave 2, there'd be a Daisy amiibo and costume. It still can happen, it's not definite though. But it's still a very logical sequence of events to happen.
Unfortunately, I just can't find it in my heart to get my hopes up, anymore. They have legitimately lost me with Daisy's horrid track record, lately.

Daisy became a regular in the spin-offs, and this is how they treat their own character...?? That's sickening to me! Even in a game with 100 costumes, she had like a 90% chance of making the cut, but it failed. Even inanimate objects made it in before she did!:facepalm:

So at this point, it's hard for me to become excited again. Mario Maker doesn't even have an over world editor to play with, either...

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Like I said, I'm not really surprised that Daisy isn't playable, just very disappointed, especially since Waluigi is playable but not her. I don't know why, but the fact that the majority of Mario fans like Waluigi more than Daisy and that Nintendo seems to think so as well sort of makes me hate Waluigi even more. I don't mean to sound selfish but honestly I don't like how he's being favored over her.

And this could've been a good opportunity to add Daisy in order to represent Super Mario Land but I guess we'll never fully understand why Nintendo doesn't use Daisy.

At least we still have Mario Tennis Ultra Smash to look forward to. Daisy will probably be in it. But then again, it's a LOT less exciting since Daisy is always in spin offs anyways so it's really nothing special. We've seen her in plenty of them and it's not like it's a main game, an RPG, or Smash. :p

And because they refuse to use Daisy in things as simple as Mario Maker then I really doubt she's getting into Smash.

Well Krystal and Wolf I'm fine with not being in since they're not even Mario characters in the first place, but Daisy is a frickin' Mario character that appears so often, so she should've been in. How the hell is a Wii balance board, a majong piece (wtf???), soo many Animal Crossing characters and even Waluigi playable but not Daisy?! Dafuq? Ok, Nintendo definitely hates Daisy.

And even if they're are rumors about DLC costumes I don't really care cause I guarantee you they won't be Daisy. It will probably just be some other series characters.
Well now that I calmed down a little, let's look at the bright side.

It's not just Daisy that was omitted.

Notable Mario Characters omitted from Mario Maker

• Daisy

• Toadette

• All seven Koopalings

• Birdo (she's probably retired at this point.....)

• Nabbit

• The Babies

• Lubba

• Professor E.Gadd

• Toadsworth

• Wart

• Fawful

• Paper Mario

• Dixie Kong (DK)

• Cranky Kong (DK)

Actually that isn't much when I think about it :ohwell:

But Wolf is also missing from Star Fox while the Arwing made it. Also Bowser Jr. was cut from Mario Kart but he still made it in Smash.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

• Daisy

• Toadette

• All seven Koopalings

• Nabbit

• The Babies

• Lubba

• Professor E.Gadd

• Toadsworth

• Dixie Kong (DK)

• Cranky Kong (DK)

But Wolf is also missing from Star Fox while the Arwing made it. Also Bowser Jr. was cut from Mario Kart but he still made it in Smash.
A lot of these look like Amiibo material to me. They could be holding them back on purpose.

I guess I'm not angry because I never really cared for Super Mario Maker. I am bewildered though.

:231:

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
A lot of these look like Amiibo material to me. They could be holding them back on purpose.

I guess I'm not angry because I never really cared for Super Mario Maker. I am bewildered though.

Lucas and Mega Yarn Yoshi are yet to be released and they have costumes.

Daisy already has a sprite from Mario Party too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lucas and Mega Yarn Yoshi are yet to be released and they have costumes.

Daisy already has a sprite from Mario Party too.
They are confirmed to have amiibos in the future, while the characters on your list don't. So there's that.

Laniv

Smash Champion

Sigh...

Well, I'm sorely disappointed, but it's the disappointment I felt around this time last year when Japan got the game early.

I mean, I'm sad that there's no Daisy, but Nikki, Tingle, Foreman Spike, and Chibi-Robo ease the pain.

T

Trick or Treat

I would do anything for Daisy and Toadette amiibos.

And Waluigi, too.

I already have plushies for them, but amiibos wpuld be lovely.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
They are confirmed to have amiibos in the future, while the characters on your list don't. So there's that.

You have a point....

There's no Super Mario Land representation at all in Mario Maker.

EDIT: ANDDDD the video just went private.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion

• Daisy

• Toadette

• All seven Koopalings

• Nabbit

• The Babies

• Lubba

• Professor E.Gadd

• Toadsworth

• Wart

• Fawful

• Paper Mario

• Dixie Kong (DK)

• Cranky Kong (DK)

What's that you say? A Mario and Luigi collection for 3DS that has the first three games and amiibo functionality to allow me to add in Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, Baby Wario, and Baby DK into Partners in Time.... and a Fawful amiibo?

Why yes, yes I would like that.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
WTF?!?!:mad: Princess Daisy isn't in the full game?!?!:facepalm: Nintendo, seriously, who's running this show? Don't get me wrong, I don't HATE Waa, but this is starting to get real darn ridiculous!:glare:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
WTF?!?!:mad: Princess Daisy isn't in the full game?!?!:facepalm: Nintendo, seriously, who's running this show? Don't get me wrong, I don't HATE Waa, but this is starting to get real darn ridiculous!:glare:
There's always DLC....

But going by Nintendo's track record, look forward to Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach in the future.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It appears that the flames over today's incident are still apparent, but aren't as volatile as it was last night. At least not a single troll appeared to go "Hurr durr, that irrelevant orange bimbo will never be in a platformer!" here unlike Gamefaqs (one of the more insulting topics being deleted for being off topic in the Smash U boards). But at least today's chapter of One Piece brightened my mood since something I managed to predict came true (a new pirate alliance).

Freduardo

Smash Champion
It appears that the flames over today's incident are still apparent, but aren't as volatile as it was last night. At least not a single troll appeared to go "Hurr durr, that irrelevant orange bimbo will never be in a platformer!" here unlike Gamefaqs (one of the more insulting topics being deleted for being off topic in the Smash U boards). But at least today's chapter of One Piece brightened my mood since something I managed to predict came true (a new pirate alliance).

Oh man, how good was that chapter? Also, you ever play a brawlEX hack with playable Luffy? Second Gear is a lot of fun, easy to accidentally kill yourself, and cheese-tastic. (There was also a lot of fun from a Sanji PSA, but honestly a Sanji Mii Brawler is disturbingly true to the character if you pick an appropriate moveset).

Ahem, on topic:

Don't let the trolls get you down. It's kind of a shame 3D Land wasn't in Sarasaland, but there's always a hope for Tatanga and Daisy to make a mario appearance again. Tatanga could even be a really cool boss in Mario Maker DLC, especially given how many clown car levels there seem to be.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh man, how good was that chapter? Also, you ever play a brawlEX hack with playable Luffy? Second Gear is a lot of fun, easy to accidentally kill yourself, and cheese-tastic.

Ahem, on topic:

Don't let the trolls get you down. It's kind of a shame 3D Land wasn't in Sarasaland, but there's always a hope for Tatanga and Daisy to make a mario appearance again. Tatanga could even be a really cool boss in Mario Maker DLC, especially given how many clown car levels there seem to be.
I can guarantee you that it was much better than the last few and Dressrosa will finally be over sooner than you think. And sorry, I've never played a single Brawl hack in my life (not even Project M) due to lacking a SIM card at the time.

Right, trying to reason with your average Gamefaqs user is like talking to a brick wall. So I knew that even responding to those ***holes would have been a complete waste of time. And with the possibility of DLC, I for one would hope that they would have a new pack that included a Game Boy version of everything with Tatanga as a boss and a few Mario related costumes (Daisy, Birdo, Toadette, and Nabbit). Though it would be a bit difficult to know if that were to happen knowing Nintendo's "usual" feelings on the Super Mario Land games.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Is this the mario maker ridley thread? gonna blame summer isabelle and her waste of slot.
Seems the WA was stronger this time around,I somehow thinks with an amiibo daisy would get some help though,they really need to expand that mario party line,but at this time around they probally abandoned the game altogether.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Is this the mario maker ridley thread? gonna blame summer isabelle and her waste of slot.
Seems the WA was stronger this time around,I somehow thinks with an amiibo daisy would get some help though,they really need to expand that mario party line,but at this time around they probally abandoned the game altogether.
The Amiibo's probably didn't do well because the characters already had Smash variations.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I can guarantee you that it was much better than the last few and Dressrosa will finally be over sooner than you think. And sorry, I've never played a single Brawl hack in my life (not even Project M) due to lacking a SIM card at the time.

Right, trying to reason with your average Gamefaqs user is like talking to a brick wall. So I knew that even responding to those ***holes would have been a complete waste of time. And with the possibility of DLC, I for one would hope that they would have a new pack that included a Game Boy version of everything with Tatanga as a boss and a few Mario related costumes (Daisy, Birdo, Toadette, and Nabbit). Though it would be a bit difficult to know if that were to happen knowing Nintendo's "usual" feelings on the Super Mario Land games.
I'm also going to recommend something for you. There were two really good fan games made by a guy called Firestyle. One was Super Mario and the Sacred Bells, which was good for fans of Super Paper Mario's villain Dimentio. But the one I'm going to recommend is called Super Mario Pearls of Wisdom. Basically the plot is Daisy invites everyone on a cruise, and then they have to fight Tatanga for some alien pearls over eight worlds. It's got a lot of Mario and Luigi assets and some pretty crazy worlds, I think it'll be up your alley.

loganhogan

Smash Ace

• Daisy

• Toadette

• All seven Koopalings

• Nabbit

• The Babies

• Lubba

• Professor E.Gadd

• Toadsworth

• Wart

• Fawful

• Paper Mario

• Dixie Kong (DK)

• Cranky Kong (DK)

You forgot Pauline, for some reason they included DK jr. and Foreman Spike but they left her out which doesn't make sense to me.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Welp, Daisy didn't make the cut for Mario Maker..... That's ****ed up, on the bright side I just gave my second ballot vote to Daisy yesterday, hopefully that will increase her chances. - Afro

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
By the way, I found this tidbit from the Animal Crossing Wiki.

Lottie (タクミ,, Takumi) is a character that will make her first appearance in Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer.
She has a costume in Mario Maker before her first appearance.

I don't know what to say.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
By the way, I found this tidbit from the Animal Crossing Wiki.

She has a costume in Mario Maker before her first appearance.

I don't know what to say.
Promotion, Nintendo is clearly doing it for the money. But this isn't the first time this had happened. :roymelee:

Top Bottom