• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Daisy Hunt

B: Crystal
Ball
Daisy kicks a soccer ball while laughing, and each time the B button is pressed after that, a gentle breeze of petals will carry the Ball forwards a bit.
When it hits opponent, the ball explodes in a Crystal Motif.

Side B: Wonder Flower
Daisy throws a flower like a Shuriken, which releases its petals in an exploding fashion when the button is pressed.

Up B: Piranha Plant Jump
The Piranha Plant on Daisy's back jumps up and flaps its leaf..
And it works!

Down B: Fake Daisy
Daisy summons.... Daisy!
But this Daisy seems off, that might be because it transforms in a fly enemy, flying forward in a straight angle.

C'mon! Get movesetting!

EDIT: New page, so here's the explanation for Crystal Smash Clone!

"Speaking about Kremlings and their Kutthroats, here's a game courtesy of DJ3DS I'm shamelessly copying:

Crystal Smash Clone!

Basically, we are going to make Daisy a clone.
Of everybody.

We'll end with Daisy detractors's deity: Peach

This is a community game, so everybody can participate in showing the Flower Power and the Sportsy Sass!

If you have trouble with making Daisy a clone of Sonic, just take an easy character.

Show the Flower Power!
All of you! (Yes I saw you like n leave MemoryMan you can't escape.) (You too Azure, I expected better :p)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking about Kremlings and their Kutthroats, here's a game courtesy of @DJ3DS I'm shamelessly copying:

Crystal Smash Clone!

Basically, we are going to make Daisy a clone.
Of everybody.

We'll end with Daisy detractors's deity: Peach
I'll begin:

Firey Flowered "Mario"

B: Superball Flower
Daisy shoots a iron ball from her hand, bouncing a few times and slightly damaging opponents it touches.

Side B: Flowerbed Smash
Daisy pulls a Flowerbed out of thin air and smashes the opponents with it, reflecting any projectiles it touches.

Up B: Flower Catch Jump
Daisy jumps high while holding a baseball glove high, making little flowers appear when hitting opponents.

Down B: Watering Flower
Daisy pulls out a big flower that spouts a stream of water.
The best practical joke in history, repurposed for a convincing Daisy Mario.

What are you waiting for?
Show that Daisy's a clone! :troll:
I'll bite, but only this once.

Crystal Smash Clone!

Fit Daisy Trainer!

B: Sunflower Salutation
Daisy charges solar energy into her body through a pose a la Solar Beam. Then she would shoot this solar blast while saying "Salute the Sunflower!" as a fast moving projectile. The more its's charged, the faster it is.

Side B: Volleyball Spike
Daisy leaps into the air and spikes a volleyball from the Mario Party 5 game "Beach Volleyball". The ball can be shot based on the direction that is tilted and it works as a weak projectile that can be bounced on any surface. Watch out for the head for which it can hurt you the most out of this move.

Up B: Olympics Rhythmic Dancing
Daisy spins around inside of her orange twirling ribbon with a hotbox that slight hairs anyone in the way. Cahnces are that the move would have good vertical recovery and poor horizontal recovery.

Down B: Photosynthesis Breathing
Daisy would do deep breathing while an icon akin to the Mario Baseball circle appears above her. If you click it again once the circles align, her speed and attack will be boosted monetarily. If it fails however, she will sulk like she does during a loss in Mario Strikers Charged.

Final Smash: Hi We're Daisies
Daisy would pose while saying "Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaawwww!" and then strikes another pose that would launch a series of multicolored projections of her at the opponent. She would yell "Hi I'm Daisy!" during all of this to make the move seem more intense.

That is all for Wii Daisy Trainer.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Captain Daizmar
B: Piranha Plant Pluck

Daisy plucks a piranha plant. They come in five varieties (red nipper, yellow nipper, blue nipper, white nipper, and pompon flower) and she can have three active at a time.

Side B: Piranha Plant Throw
Daisy throws the nipper/pompon flower at the head of the line. Thrown nippers latch onto opponents and chomp. If the plant is a pompon flower, the attack just deals damage.

Up B: Chickens
Two chickens carry Daisy. Having more nippers/pompon flowers out weighs her down and makes this less effective as a recovery.

Down B: Piranha Plant Order
Daisy uses a whistle to recall nippers/pompon flowers and sort them.

Final Smash: S.S. Daisy
Daisy launches into the air in the S.S. Daisy (the ship from the end of Super Mario Land), causing gaos (those lion things in Super Mario Land) to attack her foes, before crashing down.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if anyone saw this but:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/SSB4-Wishlist-Meme-by-Kaigetsudo-557437981

Daisy is the #1 most wanted on a popular DeviantArt artist's list!! And he even drew her looking sassy and awesome in her first Strikers outfit.

I also love how he drew Impa here. I've always loved her Skyward design more than the other series, mostly because of how much more mysterious she looks. Her cloak, outfit and her hair and even her blue lipstick seem so unique to me and give off a mysterious vibe. Her other game designs (like from Ocarina or Hyrule Warriors) look less mysterious and more loud and outgoing, which I don't really like. And I just don't really like the outfits of those designs. Additionally, she's also dark skinned which I love because we need more dark skinned and/or black representation in Smash.

I'm really hoping they make it in!

T

Trick or Treat

I'm not sure if anyone saw this but:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/SSB4-Wishlist-Meme-by-Kaigetsudo-557437981

Daisy is the #1 most wanted on a popular DeviantArt artist's list!! And he even drew her looking sassy and awesome in her first Strikers outfit.

I also love how he drew Impa here. I've always loved her Skyward design more than the other series, mostly because of how much more mysterious she looks. Her cloak, outfit and her hair and even her blue lipstick seem so unique to me and give off a mysterious vibe. Her other game designs (like from Ocarina or Hyrule Warriors) look less mysterious and more loud and outgoing, which I don't really like. And I just don't really like the outfits of those designs. Additionally, she's also dark skinned which I love because we need more dark skinned and/or black representation in Smash.

I'm really hoping they make it in!
Daisy and Layton pleaseeeeeee

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Aaaaaaaaaaand Nintendo's officially created a monster. This is like the second negative Tumblr post I've seen regarding Daisy's absence from Super Mario Maker. I can imagine things getting much worst when they see for themselves next week.

D

Deleted member

Aaaaaaaaaaand Nintendo's officially created a monster. This is like the second negative Tumblr post I've seen regarding Daisy's absence from Super Mario Maker. I can imagine things getting much worst when they see for themselves next week.
As if Daisy fans haven't gotten heated up enough already after SM3D World and Sm4sh...good thing Daisy fans are aptly quite loud

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As a nice easter egg, whenever you zoom in Daisy's trophy, her third eye should be visible :p
My childhood nightmares had finally returned to haunt me.

Can't really wrap my head around the idea of her being a triclops. But that wouldn't surprise me since she lives in the same land as Koopas with bombs for shells and walking Easter Island heads.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Daisy and Dayzee:

B:
Dayzee Shot
Daisy command the half-buried Dayzee to speed forwards, dealing damage

Side B: Petal Attack
The Dayzee spits a group of petals at opponents

Up B: Flower Hoop
Daisy summons a Flower-themed hoop, jumping through it at great speed

Down B:
Blossom Breeze
Daisy waggles her finger, summoning a light breeze that pulls projectiles in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Daisy Hunt:

B: Daisy Shot

Daisy kicks a massive soda can from Mario Party 8, button taps can cause the can to keep jumping. Upon contact or after enough taps, the can will explode into a burst of grape soda.

Side B: Plastic Shooting
Daisy throws a frisbee from Mario Party 9 at the opponent, which can explode into a series of shots after another tap.

Up B: Daisy Hop
The Bunbun on Daisy's back will start flapping it's wings to carry her into the sky.

Down B: Sarasaland Gunner

Daisy summons a random enemy from the games in it's 8-bit form to stand momentarily until it shoots a projectile. These enemies would include Gao (spit heavy hitting fireballs), Biokinton (launch a fast moving chicken), Mekabon (throws its head as a slow moving, but weak projectile), Nyololin (spits a weak fireball with decent speed), Pipe (Shoots a massive fist around the same strength as Mega Man's Hard Knuckle), Roketon (shoots a fast cannonball with high knock back, but weak damage), and Yurarin Boo (shoots rapid fire shoots with decent damage).

Final Smash: Daisy Posse

A fleet of Bunbuns would be summoned by Daisy to fly though the area ahead of her, opponents being hit will be subjected to her Final Smash. Then what would trigger would be an all out shooting war between the Sarasalanders (Nyololin, Pipe, Roketon, Yurarin Boo, Gao, Biokinton, and Mekabon) and the Mushroom Citizens (Snifit, Magikoopa, Mr. I, Hammer Bros, Mr. Blizzard, Lakitu, and Bill Blaster). Getting caught in the crossfire will result in the trapped opponents flying away and Daisy chuckling while her loyal BunBun carries her to the ground.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Daisy Jr.

B: Sky Pop Rocket

Daisy fires a Rocket from her Sky Pop, can be charged for more damage and knockback.

Side B: Sky Pop Charge
Daisy points forward, causing the Sky Pop to "pop" wheels and drive forward and high speed

Up B: Abadon Plane
Daisy jumps out of her plane, which explodes.

Down B: Bombshell Koopa
Daisy puts down a Bombshell Koopa from her plane, which walks around on its own before exploding

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Just voted here, though, the most voted is gonna be K.Rool, have people stopped overrating Shantae? I noticed a drop on her requests.
It's just a poll to see how many people voted for whoever they voted for as they main pick. Whatever how many a character get's, it doesn't matter, as the point is who was your pick for the ballot.

And to add, this is most likely mostly something Smashboards would use, and it's a small part of the whole community that would vote for said characters, so in the end, the official ballot is all that's going to matter to show the real results of people's voted characters.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
It's just a poll to see how many people voted for whoever they voted for as they main pick. Whatever how many a character get's, it doesn't matter, as the point is who was your pick for the ballot.
Yeah. I happened to notice that the few people around here where I live that are Mario Bros fans, are upset that Daisy isn't in Mario Maker, and they aren't even fans of her.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Just voted here, though, the most voted is gonna be K.Rool, have people stopped overrating Shantae? I noticed a drop on her requests.
Shantae barely has a chance, especially after the leak of Shovel Knight. She is little known in Japan.
Yeah. I happened to notice that the few people around here where I live that are Mario Bros fans, are upset that Daisy isn't in Mario Maker, and they aren't even fans of her.
Here goes the same situation. This issue may ultimately that benefit Daisy. We'll have to wait and see.
Today, a new vote for Daisy.

In the last month, last attempt. We need to happen this:

#VOTEFORDAISY

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Shantae barely has a chance, especially after the leak of Shovel Knight. She is little known in Japan.

Here goes the same situation. This issue may ultimately that benefit Daisy. We'll have to wait and see.
Today, a new vote for Daisy.

In the last month, last attempt. We need to happen this:

#VOTEFORDAISY
In other words, what other people see as a demotivator for us, may very well be the boost we have been looking for.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Daisillager:

B: Potted Piranha Plant: Daisy holds out a Potted Piranha Plant, which swallows projectiles and items. Pressing B again causes it to spit out projectiles.

Side B: Bullet Biff: Daisy hops on a Bullet Biff and rides it straight forward. It leaves her helpless, unless she hits someone.

Up B: Chicken Trip: Daisy holds on to two Chickens and flies upwards. After a couple of seconds, the Chickens will fly away.

Down B: Crystal: Daisy lightly taps the ground, causing a small crystal to appear. After this, she punches the ground, causing the crystal to sprout out of the ground. Pressing the input again will cause Daisy to kick at the crystal. Doing this twice makes the crystal fall and hit opponents for massive damage and knockback.

Final Smash: Toy Box: Daisy summons the Millenium Star to trap the opponent in a Toy Box. Daisy then throws in a bunch of Stars, Dice Blocks, Koopa Shells, and even a few Superballs inside. She finishes it off by using the Beauty Star Stamp to destroy the toy box and send the opponents flying.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Huh. Daisy.
Though I'm completely unsure what her moveset could be, she's pretty much guaranteed to get in over at least Paper Mario and Toad, two very popular characters.
Not over the 3 most popular (Bandana Dee, Wolf and King K. Rool, of course not in that order), but still.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Scroundrel with a Kart of Gold:

B:
Potted Piranha Plant
Daisy takes out a potted piranha plant that bites opponents multiple times.

Side B: Mach Bike
Daisy takes out her Mach Bike and drives around

Up B: Corkscrew
Daisy spins around while rising

Down B: Flower Pollen
Daisy plants a flower that quickly releases pollen, damaging opponents.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of disappointment, I've already informed the fans on our Daisy for Smash Facebook page and a lot of them are even more pissed than the rest of us. Some are even going far as saying that this is why they are giving up on Nintendo. I would of hate to see how @Hana Na Tahou feels about this.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Speaking of disappointment, I've already informed the fans on our Daisy for Smash Facebook page and a lot of them are even more pissed than the rest of us. Some are even going far as saying that this is why they are giving up on Nintendo. I would of hate to see how @Hana Na Tahou feels about this.
There's a Daisy for Smash Facebook page?

LINK PLEASE!

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not to worry, I commented on that Face Book page as well.

Just why...? Isn't Daisy and SML a part of Mario's history as well? Omitting Daisy from SMM is just something I don't get.
Tezuka is the right hand man of Sakurai after all. So I wouldn't be surprised if him not having a Super Mario Land theme or Daisy herself in Mario Maker is because he's following his viewpoints from the past. But if I were in his shoes, I would think about what the all fans want instead of treating SML like it's one of the worst things to ever happen. They used to feel the same way in regards to Super Mario Bros. 2 in the past and I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of a theme or Birdo herself is omitted for similar reasons.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Tezuka is the right hand man of Sakurai after all. So I wouldn't be surprised if him not having a Super Mario Land theme or Daisy herself in Mario Maker is because he's following his viewpoints from the past. But if I were in his shoes, I would think about what the all fans want instead of treating SML like it's one of the worst things to ever happen. They used to feel the same way in regards to Super Mario Bros. 2 in the past and I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of a theme or Birdo herself is omitted for similar reasons.
I often worry about things like that, where they're just fixated on silly views from the past and they're being stubborn or something. Just forget all that stuff and focus on what's in front of you. Great, really unique characters with big personalities and even more potential! I feel like they're missing out on so many good opportunities.

D

Deleted member

So everyone, say Daisy doesn't make it into Sm4sh, not even as DLC. Perhaps her own series of games would help her chances for the next iteration. What kind of game or genre do you think Daisy could star in?

Remember, other characters have had spin-offs that are not just platforming, such as Luigi's Mansion, WarioWare, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

As for myself, I would love Daisy in some sort of RPG. RTS is not seen very often with Nintendo, so maybe she could take on that, or some other simulation game, like overseeing a theme park to attract visitors back to Sarasaland.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So everyone, say Daisy doesn't make it into Sm4sh, not even as DLC. Perhaps her own series of games would help her chances for the next iteration. What kind of game or genre do you think Daisy could star in?

Remember, other characters have had spin-offs that are not just platforming, such as Luigi's Mansion, WarioWare, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

As for myself, I would love Daisy in some sort of RPG. RTS is not seen very often with Nintendo, so maybe she could take on that, or some other simulation game, like overseeing a theme park to attract visitors back to Sarasaland.
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Daisy-s-Quest-522266211

This. Period.

But really anything would be awesome, I like the RPG idea.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

As long as the game can separate itself from Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario, then I would be fine with a Daisy centric RPG.

One particular idea I had was a cartoony brawler akin to the Battletoads and Streets of Rage for her. It can be all about it her dealing with a civil war in her country between the Northern Sarasaland (Asian) and Southern Sarasaland (Middle Eastern). Though it can be done in a less serious way so it can have that Mario charm while not being too dark.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
As long as the game can separate itself from Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario, then I would be fine with a Daisy centric RPG.

One particular idea I had was a cartoony brawler akin to the Battletoads and Streets of Rage for her. It can be all about it her dealing with a civil war in her country between the Northern Sarasaland (Asian) and Southern Sarasaland (Middle Eastern). Though it can be done in a less serious way so it can have that Mario charm while not being too dark.
I'd keep playing to her athleticism and seeming love of cruise ships and water sports (despite being a desert princess. Who represents flowers. Daisy is a walking contradiction)

They should make Waverace as a low level Nintendo online game (like rolling western or Pushmo) and put Daisy in the game as a character. Even get the old Mario Land Sub or Tatanga ship as unlock-able vehicles. Though that's more side character than her own franchise.

Honestly, given what was probably (in my opinion) the most identifiable part of Mario Land as well as associated with the villain of the franchise, she should probably get a 2D side-scroller-shooter like Galaga or more recently, Mii Force. Of course with some on foot levels. Call up Sega, get some of the gunstar heroes guys on loan as secret characters (Maybe even get the gunstar heroes team making the game as a second party sega deal) and you could have the mario-with-a-gun game that the original Super Mario Bros. was supposed to be.

...Or give her Panel-de-Pon and admit that Lip, the flower princess who wore yellow and had brownish-reddish hair grew up to be Daisy, the flower princess who wears yellow and has darker brownish-reddish hair.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Some people simply can't let go of the past and move foward, period. My grandmother always says: "There is always good in something no matter how bad it is, you just have to look for it", and Tezuka doesn't seem to get the picture to leave the past behind and move foward. I know I probably shouldn't say this considering this is GameFaqs we are talking about, but I happened to come across a post(dammit thread is gone) that said that Daisy's only relevance is being Luigi's princess, I HATE it when people say this.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I agree. It honestly won't kill them to have some SML rep in SMM, even if they consider it the worst parts of the franchise, but still, it's a part of their history, and they should know that. In the interest of fairness, it would make sense to represent SML (and Daisy as well, like so many others) in their 30th anniversary; even the Koopalings are a part of their history, too, being synonymous with platforming games like the ones shown in SMM.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Y'know, Daisy and the Wii U are in pretty similar situations....

Daisy, while having a large fanbase, is wrongly mocked for being "irrelevant" because she appears in Mario spinoffs. It's not like she has a minor role either, she is PLAYABLE. She was excluded from Mario Maker despite Digby, Nikki, Waluigi and a trampoline making the cut. People laugh at you if you want her in Smash Bros despite Rosalina making it, thinking that Daisy's being phased out for her.

The Wii U, while having a large fanbase, is wrongly mocked for being "irrelevant" because of poor sales and support. It's not like it has no support either, have you seen Amiibo and Nintendo 1st party? It was excluded from FIFA 14 despite the PSP and PS2 receiving it. People laugh at you if you ask for a port, while the Xbox 360 and PS3 get ports all the time. People are also worried that it will get phased out for the NX.

Top Bottom