• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
You're right, I don't think this is the place to get into a discussion on K. Rool's chances. Daisy on the other hand...

I personally think that we don't have as much control in the ballot as some people think. Ultimately it's not our decision who gets in the game. I think of it like... Sakurai and/or whomever picks whose going to get in, it's just this time we get to tell him which characters to choose from! Basically we're giving him a list and saying pick one... or two.. or however many we get. So K. Rool, Krystal, Daisy, Waddle Dee etc etc, all the popular ones still aren't guaranteed just cause they're really popular. I also think that being on the top of the list will only give a very slight advantage, and if characters are close enough they'll just ignore who's more popular and pick who they think will work best.

But that's just me, if you disagree then that's fine because it really doesn't matter, all that matters is who actually ends up making it into the game, not how they got there. We can at least all agree that hopefully that character will be Daisy! I'd really super love to see all the Mario princesses together in smash.

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
You're, I don't think this is the place to get into a discussion on K. Rool's chances. Daisy on the other hand...

I personally think that we don't have as much control in the ballot as some people think. Ultimately it's not our decision who gets in the game. I think of it like... Sakurai and/or whomever picks whose going to get in, it's just this time we get to tell him which characters to choose from! Basically we're giving him a list and saying pick one... or two.. or however many we get. So K. Rool, Krystal, Daisy, Waddle Dee etc etc, all the popular ones still aren't guaranteed just cause they're really popular. I also think that being on the top of the list will only give a very slight advantage, and if characters are close enough they'll just ignore who's more popular and pick who they think will work best.

But that's just me, if you disagree then that's fine because it really doesn't matter, all that matters is who actually ends up making it into the game, not how they got there. We can at least all agree that hopefully that character will be Daisy! I'd really super love to see all the Mario princesses together in smash.
does anyone have sakurai's number i just wanna talk to him real quick

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Can we go a single day without debating about King K. Rool? It was already annoying enough when Extremmfan used to be around here (is she banned or plain inactive?).

does anyone have sakurai's number i just wanna talk to him real quick
If he rarely attends his Twitter account, then I doubt that he would simply leave his phone number out in the open for any fan to answer it. At least he isn't taking pages from Kamiya like blocking people or saying "**** off, Smash idiots!".

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Not sure if serious....
Can we go a single day without debating about King K. Rool? It was already annoying enough when Extremmfan used to be around here (is she banned or plain inactive?).

If he rarely attends his Twitter account, then I doubt that he would simply leave his phone number out in the open for any fan to answer it. At least he isn't taking pages from Kamiya like blocking people or saying "**** off, Smash idiots!".
i just innocently wanted to talk to him about daisy

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

Actually, He did block someone yesterday.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72272053

Edit: Nevermind topic is gone.
Someone was spamming Sakurai's twitter account and they got blocked. He was spamming the song "We're not gonna take it".

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Actually, He did block someone yesterday.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72272053

Edit: Nevermind topic is gone.
Someone was spamming Sakurai's twitter account and they got blocked. He was spamming the song "We're not gonna take it".
I've seen that topic before it got taken down. Couldn't tell whether to trust him or not since this is the same guy who made a topic about how Nowi "ruined" his life. Again, Gamefaqs is a gallery of trolls and derps. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After looking through all of this, how high is Daisy really is currently?
Nobody truly knows because there haven't been a recent collection of real data. But the Daisy posts in the Peach Smash Miiverse community are still abundant, albeit a bit slower since Zeldaisy still needs that new Gamepad. Haven't seen anything on Captain Toad or Geno within the past few weeks, but Waluigi is still dominating the Wario Miiverse community in both the East and West.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Nobody truly knows because there haven't been a recent collection of real data. But the Daisy posts in the Peach Smash Miiverse community are still abundant, albeit a bit slower since Zeldaisy still needs that new Gamepad. Haven't seen anything on Captain Toad or Geno within the past few weeks, but Waluigi is still dominating the Wario Miiverse community in both the East and West.
No surprise there, but will they really retcon Wally into a full fledged character with enough demand despite his AT status?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No surprise there, but will they really retcon Wally into a full fledged character with enough demand despite his AT status?
We don't really know at the moment, but an AT can't really be made into a DLC character at this time. Not only it would defeat the purpose of what an Assist Trophy is, but it would seriously open the floodgates of other potential choices. So chances are that Sakurai would ignore Waluigi and look at other Mario options instead of going against his own development philosophy.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
We don't really know at the moment, but an AT can't really be made into a DLC character at this time. Not only it would defeat the purpose of what an Assist Trophy is, but it would seriously open the floodgates of other potential choices. So chances are that Sakurai would ignore Waluigi and look at other Mario options instead of going against his own development philosophy.
True, but people say things like: "Sakurai could just erase Waluigi as an AT and make him DLC, that way he'll be a playable character and would not be a AT anymore".

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
i wish they would just give up, waluigi, ridley... ashley.. THEY CANt. SORRY...
MAYBE NEXT TIME
sakurai already said no to ridley, and he's still being voted for.
waluigi is an assist trophy, and so is ashley.. I'm sorry guys but they can't

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
i wish they would just give up, waluigi, ridley... ashley.. THEY CANt. SORRY...
MAYBE NEXT TIME
sakurai already said no to ridley, and he's still being voted for.
waluigi is an assist trophy, and so is ashley.. I'm sorry guys but they can't
It's more a message saying "ay, we know that it can't happen, but we are not happy with their current role. We want them playable, and we know that they can, and that there's a fanbase that wants them playable".

Ridley is a case where "ok, we get you don't think he can work. But that didn't stop you from making; :4pacman::4villager::4mii: etc from happening." I'm sure people know that they can't happen. Now. But, next time. But we WILL let them know we still and will still want them, even if other people are getting annoyed about a character being voted for, when it shouldn't bother them when it won't do anything against them.

Just saying. Telling someone, some fanbase to "just quit", let that same be the case for Daisy next time.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
@Extremmefan? I never saw him for AGES. Apparently you can check the status of the user by clicking the tag.

EDIT: Just plain inactive.

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I never wanted to open a topic K. Rool, I only mention it because I doubt Sakurai will put two characters of the same series (Dixie or K.Rool, Krystal or Wolf), although Sakurai will make the final decision.

Closing this topic, we return to comment for Daisy, our favorite princess of Fighter Ballot.

I will continue voting for Daisy, that's all we can do, while Sakurai think ...

In this picture we can see the absolute perfection. #DAISYFORSMASH

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I never wanted to open a topic K. Rool, I only mention it because I doubt Sakurai will put two characters of the same series (Dixie or K.Rool, Krystal or Wolf), although Sakurai will make the final decision.

Closing this topic, we return to comment for Daisy, our favorite princess of Fighter Ballot.

I will continue voting for Daisy, that's all we can do, while Sakurai think ...

In this picture we can see the absolute perfection. #DAISYFORSMASH
What are your thoughts on GameTheory? Seeing people believe this guy on the Rosalina's parents more rather than all the obvious hints on who Luigi's REAL love interest is rather disheartening and makes me question if people can really be that gullible, I know a matter of personal preference, but still.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Retro Bias is weird because as we all get older what's retro shifts forwards. Smash 64 in and of itself is Retro so you'd think they'd expand what's considered retro to encompass the 90's. Nope, only one shot forgotten NES games.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Retro Bias is weird because as we all get older what's retro shifts forwards. Smash 64 in and of itself is Retro so you'd think they'd expand what's considered retro to encompass the 90's. Nope, only one shot forgotten NES games.
Technically Pit and Palutena were retro, until Kid Icarus Uprising and Dark Pit showed up.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Technically Pit and Palutena were retro, until Kid Icarus Uprising and Dark Pit showed up.
Still counts as Japan has little to no idea the GB one existed.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
A new article from Source Gaming shows Sakurai's response to fan letters in the N64 days.
When asked about Daisy at the time he replied....
Of course, at this time, Mario Tennis didn't even release yet. Now the most recent game Daisy showed up in was Mario Party 10 (2015), among many other recent appearances! Of course the naysayers switched to "Too many spinoffs!"
Sakurai says a lot of nonsense, that is, Why Dark Pit is in the game? Why Chrom (not) and Lucina (yes) is in the game?. I just think Sakurai does what he wants.

I hope he respects the survey and of course that Sakurai don't forget to Princess Daisy.

Meanwhile, I continue voting for Daisy:

#VOTEFORDAISY

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Hurray, another YouTuber that actually supports Daisy. I am digging the beard he's got and his Mario Kart skills are actually not half bad.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Howdy Daisy fans, I support Daisy so I'd like to be added to the support list. :) I don't go all out for her since I'm really neutral towards anyone that joins other than Krystal and Dixie but she's 3rd in my wanted list. xD

I'm really here though because I'm planning on making a 1st party Smash Ballot Comic on miiverse soon and I plan for Daisy to be one of the main characters along Krystal, Dixie Kong, Isaac etc. Just wanted to give a heads up about it ^-^
I plan to use some ideas from the moveset suggestions here ;)

@ Chromfirmed Chromfirmed well I sure hope he adds two characters from a series because I feel like dk deserves it more than any other series. I also feel like Wolf and krystal wouldn't be too much because we usually get one new star fox character in each game so when Wolf comes back, I'd prefer Krystal to join after him. Plus you'd have to hope he'd be okay with two characters from a series because I think we wouldn't be happy if Toad got added and daisy was left in the dark . I would both Toad and daisy xD

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Howdy Daisy fans, I support Daisy so I'd like to be added to the support list. :) I don't go all out for her since I'm really neutral towards anyone that joins other than Krystal and Dixie but she's 3rd in my wanted list. xD

I'm really here though because I'm planning on making a 1st party Smash Ballot Comic on miiverse soon and I plan for Daisy to be one of the main characters along Krystal, Dixie Kong, Isaac etc. Just wanted to give a heads up about it ^-^

@ Chromfirmed Chromfirmed well I sure hope he adds two characters from a series because I feel like dk deserves it more than any other series. I also feel like Wolf and krystal wouldn't be too much because we usually get one new star fox character in each game so when Wolf comes back, I'd prefer Krystal to join after him. Plus you'd have to hope he'd be okay with two characters from a series because I think we wouldn't be happy if Toad got added and daisy was left in the dark . I would both Toad and daisy xD
Let's see, it seems that I don't explain well. What I meant is that I doubt that Sakurai will put two characters of the same series, but Sakurai finally do what he wants. It was a simple assumption.

After October, we will able to see the end result and I hope that Daisy will be a playable character, because she deserves it.
All I wish is that Sakurai will put at least 6 characters more.

#DAISYFORSMASH

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's not like two characters for the same series is impossible (4 added two Mario characters and brought back an old one.) We'll have to see how this applies to DLC though. Some say they'll go for variety, I say there's a reason why stores stock a million Mario amiibos and not much else.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Added. Welcome to the club where we embrace and talk about anything Daisy here. Feel free to take look around and discuss your thoughts for these last few months. ;)

That Miiverse comic series doesn't sound half bad, I would look forward to seeing it in all its glory. So you can feel free to share any pages here one you start working on it since it would be entertaining.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
It's not like two characters for the same series is impossible (4 added two Mario characters and brought back an old one.) We'll have to see how this applies to DLC though. Some say they'll go for variety, I say there's a reason why stores stock a million Mario amiibos and not much else.
If I'm honest, I think they will go for variety, that is, if they have to create amiibos, especially they will choose characters that go to more games or who simply has more votes and point xD.

By the way, my new avatar image: Daisy and Chrom, my favorites for Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If I'm honest, I think they will go for variety, that is, if they have to create amiibos, especially they will choose characters that go to more games or who simply has more votes and point xD.

By the way, my new avatar image: Daisy and Chrom, my favorites for Smash Bros.
Even though most people probably gave up on Chrom the day his costume was revealed, I'll invite you to the Predetermined Role Character group. It's a bit of a ghost town since mods prefer all official threads for these characters to be locked, but the only way for new people to see them is for mods like me to simply invite you. I'm sure there are some "deconfirmed" characters like Chrom that might strike your fancy there.

Shameless plug.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
How many ballot characters does everyone think we'll get? Wasn't there some data mine that showed there's like 2 Mario slots somewhere or something? People were thinking it was for ballot characters? (You should always assume if I don't present a source then I have none) Regardless, what do you guys think? For starters I think however many characters we get they'll all be from different series. (unless we got like 6 characters or something for some reason, heh) I haven't ruled out characters from the same series happening I just don't personally think it will, but we'll see. I also think we'll definitely get 2 characters (3 at most), but I'm expecting only 1 (I like to keep my expectations low so I can be surprised. :p) My top 2 favourites to win are Birdo and Birdo Daisy and Dixie Kong!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
How many ballot characters does everyone think we'll get? Wasn't there some data mine that showed there's like 2 Mario slots somewhere or something? People were thinking it was for ballot characters? (You should always assume if I don't present a source then I have none) Regardless, what do you guys think? For starters I think however many characters we get they'll all be from different series. (unless we got like 6 characters or something for some reason, heh) I haven't ruled out characters from the same series happening I just don't personally think it will, but we'll see. I also think we'll definitely get 2 characters (3 at most), but I'm expecting only 1 (I like to keep my expectations low so I can be surprised. :p) My top 2 favourites to win are Birdo and Birdo Daisy and Dixie Kong!
I know it will sound lame and impossible bit what if Sakurai added one character for each of Nintendo's most prominent series.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
That doesn't sound lame, a little improbable maybe but still cool. What would you consider a prominent series? Because smash kind of consists of a lot. Mario, Pokemon and Zelda obviously. Would you consider Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Starfox, Kirby or Metroid prominent? I think I'd consider Donkey Kong and maaaybe Kirby?

If Daisy was (For some reason) a pokemon, what type do you think she would be? Just Grass? Grass/Fight? (Grass/SpinOff? :smirk:) Or Maybe something like Grass/Fairy and she comes as a trio set with Rosalina and Daisy and they're all typed Fairy/X for example.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
That doesn't sound lame, a little improbable maybe but still cool. What would you consider a prominent series? Because smash kind of consists of a lot. Mario, Pokemon and Zelda obviously. Would you consider Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Starfox, Kirby or Metroid prominent? I think I'd consider Donkey Kong and maaaybe Kirby?

If Daisy was (For some reason) a pokemon, what type do you think she would be? Just Grass? Grass/Fight? (Grass/SpinOff? :smirk:) Or Maybe something like Grass/Fairy and she comes as a trio set with Rosalina and Daisy and they're all typed Fairy/X for example.
Was thinking Mario, The Legend Of Zelda and Pokemon and perhaps Fire Emblem,DK and Metroid. Daisy would not fit the Fairy type at all in my opinion, she would more likely be a Grass/Fighting type.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I know it will sound lame and impossible bit what if Sakurai added one character for each of Nintendo's most prominent series.
What do you mean by most prominent? Jusr the Mario, Zelda & Pokemon trio?

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman

I think if Daisy was a Pokemon, she would be a type: Grass/Fight.

And if finally there is a DLC character for each saga, my theory would be: :joyful:

Mario Bros: Princess Daisy.
Pokemon: Sceptile, although I would like Blaziken.
Zelda: Ghirahim or Impa.
Donkey Kong: K. Rool or Dixie, although it is more probable the first.
Kirby: Bandana Dee.
Star Fox: Wolf or Krystal, although I think they will choose to Wolf easily, but I would choose to Krystal.
Golden Sun: Isaac.
Fire Emblem: Chrom.
Metroid: Ridley (?), although I think nobody.
Third party: Shantae.
In addition, I would add to Bayonetta.

If they were the DLC characters for this Smash, I would be very happy. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom