• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Aw, now I'm a little conflicted that if Daisy is confirmed, I'd have to see if she is done as a fighter ideally to a few of our ideas. I'm not a full-on Daisy fan to accept anything right away. I think it would not bode well if she is similiar to Peach in her moveset and appearance, but at the same time, she has to leave a reminder that she is a princess. Ah, the crisis! Whatever, as long as Daisy makes it in as DLC, cool. I just want them to make her look good for DLC material while they're at it.
Daisy as a clone would be as lazy as Dark Pit, who could have easily been different from his lighter half. The majority of us Flowerchilds, if not all, have agreed that Daisy has plenty of resources that can make her unique alone. Dr. Mario is the only one who makes sense as a clone, and although Luigi started off as one, he made his way into being a lot different. Wario was originally going to be a clone, but that would have been injustice too

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
That Luigi hanger on her pack....

Another topic I had on mind lately, I secretly investigated other places and seen that a few of them have a "secret weapon" for obtaining more votes this September, I have been wondering, does anyone around here have the same kind of idea in mind? I already rallied as much people as possible and the rest I have in mind are just an impossible situation.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
i love when people tell me daisy would be a peach clone, because I'm sorry, but ...
does daisy float? does daisy pluck vegetables? does daisy skip? does daisy slap...
and the list goes on and on, their only similarities are their dresses. that's pretty much IT.
thanks for hating

:201f::201u::201c::201k: :secretkpop: :201y::201o::201u:

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad

Another topic I had on mind lately, I secretly investigated other places and seen that a few of them have a "secret weapon" for obtaining more votes this September, I have been wondering, does anyone around here have the same kind of idea in mind? I already rallied as much people as possible and the rest I have in mind are just an impossible situation.
I don't know of this "secret weapon" you're talking about, but making Daisy campaign posts on Miiverse seems to be a viable option seeing as how some users have been doing it for her. I really should have yeah-bombed those posts all the way to popularity.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Aw, now I'm a little conflicted that if Daisy is confirmed, I'd have to see if she is done as a fighter ideally to a few of our ideas. I'm not a full-on Daisy fan to accept anything right away. I think it would not bode well if she is similiar to Peach in her moveset and appearance, but at the same time, she has to leave a reminder that she is a princess. Ah, the crisis! Whatever, as long as Daisy makes it in as DLC, cool. I just want them to make her look good for DLC material while they're at it.
If she doesn't make it this time around, does that mean that her chances of being confirmed for Sma5h would be greater? I'd say 'yes,' that it DOES increases her chances, but I just wanna confirmation from someone else.
i love when people tell me daisy would be a peach clone, because I'm sorry, but ...
does daisy float? does daisy pluck vegetables? does daisy skip? does daisy slap...
and the list goes on and on, their only similarities are their dresses. that's pretty much IT.
thanks for hating

:201f::201u::201c::201k: :secretkpop: :201y::201o::201u:
Get 'em...!:demon:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I believe a Cheerleader-type of style fits her the best.
Athletic, energetic and competitive, but with a certain grace to it. (So you don't get a ZSS-like generic all-kick moveset.)

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I, along with others, want Daisy to be an in your face, rushdown, and aggressive character. She'll have like 2 projectiles to help her out. I just really need to do my entire moveset. I'll get on that once summer school is over

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice

You investigated? Like a spy? You do know they can see your name below right? Lol:laugh:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
People who attack Daisy because they say she equals Peach is an excuse, that is, to remove the character in others options.

Actually, they have no idea; you've described what I would say to perfection:
thanks for hating
:starman: I say that Princess Daisy must become a fighter in Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU! :starman:

She's an sporty, strong , fast and beautiful, has attitude and she would be a other female character to offer.

Daisy could have original (sports/party) moves to represent the Mario spin-off series, and maybe even moves to represent Super Mario Land.

It is impossible to doubt.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think Daisy or any DLC character for that matter would be a Dark Pit level clone. For one thing Daisy at least four inches shorter than Peach. Then again, Lucina is taller than Robin in Smash when it's not the case in Awakening so we're back to square one there.

D

Deleted member

I don't think Daisy or any DLC character for that matter would be a Dark Pit level clone. For one thing Daisy at least four inches shorter than Peach. Then again, Lucina is taller than Robin in Smash when it's not the case in Awakening so we're back to square one there.
Yeah I mean it's conceivable that it took the team just a few days to make Dark Pit. Maybe a week.

Also, as much as I love Daisy, I don't think she's the kind of superstar that would be good to promote a new iteration of Smash. She makes more sense as DLC. Ryu, honestly, would have been better for Smash 5.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah I mean it's conceivable that it took the team just a few days to make Dark Pit. Maybe a week.

Also, as much as I love Daisy, I don't think she's the kind of superstar that would be good to promote a new iteration of Smash. She makes more sense as DLC. Ryu, honestly, would have been better for Smash 5.
I think in opposite terms. DLC characters have to sell by themselves. That's why A. Most characters so far are veterans who are guaranteed to sell. B. The only newcomer is the game Super Star Ryu. C. The ballot exists.

Whereas in the actual games they can do left field characters like Game and Watch or Dr Mario and the whole package sells regardless.

I still think Daisy makes sense as DLC but she could easily be a Smash 5 candidate. Maybe as one of the unlockables that gets everyone hype in the post release.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
The survey Smash Bros Ballot Fighter is really popular, many people have voted. They make banners for vote for your favorite, as in politics.

But more interesting is the survey of Japan, What will be the final result?
Daisy must be in the top 10 ...

By the way, here is an image of Japan, Daisy is there.

Don't forget, keep voting for Daisy (on different IPs, just in case).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I think in opposite terms. DLC characters have to sell by themselves. That's why A. Most characters so far are veterans who are guaranteed to sell. B. The only newcomer is the game Super Star Ryu. C. The ballot exists.

Whereas in the actual games they can do left field characters like Game and Watch or Dr Mario and the whole package sells regardless.

I still think Daisy makes sense as DLC but she could easily be a Smash 5 candidate. Maybe as one of the unlockables that gets everyone hype in the post release.
I would be kind of cool if she was one of the unlockables along with Wario and Luigi in the next Smash.

When I was young, I played Smash Brawl SSE quite a lot, unlocking all of the characters. In the process of unlocking, I got Luigi. Since Mario, Luigi and Peach were there, I assumed that Daisy would be unlockable next......

When Wolf appeared as the last unlockable, I realised she wasn't in at all....

Last edited:

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
The survey Smash Bros Ballot Fighter is really popular, many people have voted. They make banners for vote for your favorite, as in politics.

Hell yeah! Cooking Mama FTW!!! Ahem, anyway, huh, so they do know about Banjo and Kazooie in Japan.

D

Deleted member

There are some really great choices in those, but sadly we won't get them all...specifically as DLC for the current Smash. Nice to see Daisy in the top 10.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hell yeah! Cooking Mama FTW!!! Ahem, anyway, huh, so they do know about Banjo and Kazooie in Japan.
The games actually have a decent cult following in Japan, especially the N64 titles. He was even heavily requested during the first Melee Smash Ballot, though Sakurai said that he couldn't make it due to adult issues (third party and the whole situation with Rare being sold to Microsoft around the time).

Most of the Banjo requests there are partially because of Nintendo nostalgia even if he's owned by Microsoft or if his last game was hugely unpopular there.
If you look at the results from PushDustIn's old DLC poll, he has just as much Japanese requests as a Tales character and Viewtiful Joe.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
I don't know how old that is and even if it is just for Japan it's still really nice to see characters I want (Daisy, Dixie, Ice Climbers) that high. I also always enjoy seeing Daisy above Waluigi since he's usually the go to Mario rep, especially when you're talking about spin offs.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't know how old that is and even if it is just for Japan it's still really nice to see characters I want (Daisy, Dixie, Ice Climbers) that high. I also always enjoy seeing Daisy above Waluigi since he's usually the go to Mario rep, especially when you're talking about spin offs.
It was released back in February, so around 6 months old. @PushDustIn would probably get around to doing an updated version after finishing a few projects, which should be completed by now.

Seeing Daisy above Waluigi is quite the shock indeed, but only because the Japanese audience give up on supporting a character other than the Ice Climbers that are deconfirmed for having an existing role. The West on the other hand are the opposite in which they believe that he would be made into DLC if they become as noisy as possible.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The games actually have a decent cult following in Japan, especially the N64 titles. He was even heavily requested during the first Melee Smash Ballot, though Sakurai said that he couldn't make it due to adult issues (third party and the whole situation with Rare being sold to Microsoft around the time).

Most of the Banjo requests there are partially because of Nintendo nostalgia even if he's owned by Microsoft or if his last game was hugely unpopular there.
If you look at the results from PushDustIn's old DLC poll, he has just as much Japanese requests as a Tales character and Viewtiful Joe.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/
I love seeing this poll. I know it sounds weird, but still.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
It was released back in February, so around 6 months old. @PushDustIn would probably get around to doing an updated version after finishing a few projects, which should be completed by now.

Seeing Daisy above Waluigi is quite the shock indeed, but only because the Japanese audience give up on supporting a character other than the Ice Climbers that are deconfirmed for having an existing role. The West on the other hand are the opposite in which they believe that he would be made into DLC if they become as noisy as possible.
"If they become as noisy as possible." Yeah, that's a dam accurate way to describe it. Hah! I suppose that's true though Waluigi was already an assist trophy so there's no use supporting him in the ballot. It's not something that's likely to change.

D

Deleted member

You know...here's the thing. I really enjoy the Mii fighters' customization options, and it's fun to create various characters, including Daisy. I just wish you could change their body proportions from being chibi to more realistic, so that they blend in more with the regular humanoid fighters. If they had that option, I would probably be a LOT more content with not officially having Daisy and other fighters in the roster.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Just checked the Miiverse and it seems the anti-Daisy fanboys have started to show up, but the strange thing is that nobody is paying attention to them....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just checked the Miiverse and it seems the anti-Daisy fanboys have started to show up, but the strange thing is that nobody is paying attention to them....
Took them long enough, maybe because they are tired of seeing so much Daisy propaganda on their beloved "fun" community. And these are the same people who like to joke about bikini days or make plenty of "stupid" posts in the Wii Fit U community. :rolleyes:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Took them long enough, maybe because they are tired of seeing so much Daisy propaganda on their beloved "fun" community. And these are the same people who like to joke about bikini days or make plenty of "stupid" posts in the Wii Fit U community. :rolleyes:
Meh, now I know why people don't pay attention to them.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It's not that bad. I only saw two anti Daisy posts in the Peach page. (It's probably something to do with the 30 post limit per day...)

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
If we remove some characters:
1. either because they are already in Smash (Lucas, Roy)
2. or because in the rest of the world do not have the same popularity (Pichu)
3. or the characteristics of 3DS (Ice Climbers)
4. or because two characters of the same series by DLC, won't be. (K. Rool or Dixie)

Daisy would be back in the top 10. Currently, I hope Daisy continues to be present at the top.

*We continue voting for Daisy, we have to get it.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Not surprised to see her on that image, she is after all, far more requested in Japan than here.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Not surprised to see her on that image, she is after all, far more requested in Japan than here.
Surely you're absolutely right. So you have to keep voting, commenting on various communities or try to convince more people.

I want to see this in Smash: :awesome:

:bluejump: I'm voting in the poll of most countries. :bluejump:

Everything is to get this image on the panel of fighters.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai talked a lot about how long it takes to make a new fighter, but we ended up getting 2 new fighters (Mewtwo needing to be built from ground up) and 2 semi-clones within six months. I'm still pretty sure King K. Rool and Wolf will make it, if Sakurai respects the ballot at all. And if they do, we can nix Dixie and Krystal. I'd nix Ridley because Sakurai has clearly decided he'll be a boss for this iteration of Smash. That leaves Daisy contending with the likes of Paper Mario, Isaac, Banjo & Kazooie, Bandana Dee, and maybe a couple of others.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai talked a lot about how long it takes to make a new fighter, but we ended up getting 2 new fighters (Mewtwo needing to be built from ground up) and 2 semi-clones within six months. I'm still pretty sure King K. Rool and Wolf will make it, if Sakurai respects the ballot at all. And if they do, we can nix Dixie and Krystal. I'd nix Ridley because Sakurai has clearly decided he'll be a boss for this iteration of Smash. That leaves Daisy contending with the likes of Paper Mario, Isaac, Banjo & Kazooie, Bandana Dee, and maybe a couple of others.
I doubt Sakurai wants to put Dixie and K.Rool (both from the same series), only one yes, very sure.
#DAISYFORSMASH.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Question:

How do you think about Daisy as a Lucina-like Easy Mode for Peach?

So basically, she would be a more powerful and speedier clone, but without Peach's Float Mechanic and maybe simpler projectiles instead of Turnips.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Surely you're absolutely right. So you have to keep voting, commenting on various communities or try to convince more people.

This looks awesome! And you're right, that portrait NEEDS to be on the official website.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643

That looks so cool! It makes me waaaay more open to Daisy wearing her sports outfit than I previously was! I think I'd like to see a Rosalina colour scheme just for fun tbh.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I doubt the Kroc is likely now due to that costume....

D

Deleted member

I doubt Sakurai wants to put Dixie and K.Rool (both from the same series), only one yes, very sure.
#DAISYFORSMASH.
do you know what "nix" means? I said I'd nix Dixie, not that she'd make it in.
I doubt the Kroc is likely now due to that costume....
Sakurai's a troll. That's exactly what he wants you to think, but K. Rool is literally #1 on every poll result. There's no way he won't make it in.
Does no one remember that Zero Suit Samus tease? The way that everyone thought Greninja was Mewtwo? Teasing about Meta Knight not being in the game because of the Mii helmet? All the Chrom trolling? K. Rool is in. The Mii costume is a preview, or a way to disappoint all the fans before surprising them, take your pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
do you know what "nix" means? I said I'd nix Dixie, not that she'd make it in.

Sakurai's a troll. That's exactly what he wants you to think, but K. Rool is literally #1 on every poll result. There's no way he won't make it in.
Does no one remember that Zero Suit Samus tease? The way that everyone thought Greninja was Mewtwo? Teasing about Meta Knight not being in the game because of the Mii helmet? All the Chrom trolling? K. Rool is in. The Mii costume is a preview, or a way to disappoint all the fans before surprising them, take your pick.
The thing about that Meta Knight costume is that it was on the disc...

This is DLC, made after the game, that people pay for.

Also, these polls are multiple choice.

But I don't want to continue this here in the Daisy thread, which is bubbling with enthusiasm thanks to @ Chromfirmed Chromfirmed !

Top Bottom