• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Daisy isn't talked about a lot in forums but has the advantage of simply being a Mario character. Imagine anyone just getting into Smash and they only know Mario characters and the like, they're gonna think "they got Peach and this new Princess but where's Daisy?"

One question, what is Peach's playstyle? I'm wondering if they go the Roy route how they would make her playstyle different while still keeping most moves (i.e. Marth being a spacing heavy character while Roy is an aggressive fighter)

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Daisy isn't talked about a lot in forums but has the advantage of simply being a Mario character. Imagine anyone just getting into Smash and they only know Mario characters and the like, they're gonna think "they got Peach and this new Princess but where's Daisy?"

One question, what is Peach's playstyle? I'm wondering if they go the Roy route who they'd make her playstyle different while still keeping most moves (i.e. Marth being a spacing heavy character while Roy is an aggressive fighter)
I can relate, I grew up mostly with Luigi and Daisy, so imagine how I sometimes feel seeing Daisy only in spin-offs and not the main series after all this time. Peach's play style is basically"mind games" if you will, Daisy's play style would be aggressive, rushdown etc.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The only real "Dark Pit can't use 3 sacred treasures" thing about Peach's moveset is the use of Toad. Daisy never had any servants established. If it were to stay a counter attack what would you change it to? I'd go for a Baseball Bat that's both a counter and a reflector but doesn't have a multiplier.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
The only real "Dark Pit can't use 3 sacred treasures" thing about Peach's moveset is the use of Toad. Daisy never had any servants established. If it were to stay a counter attack what would you change it to? I'd go for a Baseball Bat that's both a counter and a reflector but doesn't have a multiplier.
Daisy also doesn't have the ability to float. That's Peach's ability from Super Mario Bros 2, and It's also actually in Super Mario 3D world on the wiiU. Also, sure she could wield the parasol no problem but isn't that really more of a peach thing? I'm probably wrong but I don't really remember seeing Daisy ever really using the parasol (maybe she does in older iterations of Mario, before her revamped appearance?) It's more iconic of peach than it is her even if there'd be no real issue with Daisy using it.

Regardless, the toad wouldn't make much sense but what if you gave her some replacement move involving her partner from Mario Party 3 Duel Mode, Snifit? It wouldn't have to be a counter but it would be pretty cool to see her pull out some sort of small buddy too. It could make for a cool projectile move; maybe like a smaller bower jr's cannon? Y'know like his custom one that's really small but fast?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Daisy also doesn't have the ability to float. That's Peach's ability from Super Mario Bros 2, and It's also actually in Super Mario 3D world on the wiiU. Also, sure she could wield the parasol no problem but isn't that really more of a peach thing? I'm probably wrong but I don't really remember seeing Daisy ever really using the parasol (maybe she does in older iterations of Mario, before her revamped appearance?) It's more iconic of peach than it is her even if there'd be no real issue with Daisy using it.

Regardless, the toad wouldn't make much sense but what if you gave her some replacement move involving her partner from Mario Party 3 Duel Mode, Snifit? It wouldn't have to be a counter but it would be pretty cool to see her pull out some sort of small buddy too. It could make for a cool projectile move; maybe like a smaller bower jr's cannon? Y'know like his custom one that's really small but fast?
I went on MarioWiki to do research and Peach's parasol actually debuted in Super Mario RPG along with her Frying Pan. Bodes well for taking inspiration from obscurer games and concepts like that Snifit thing.

As for Daisy floating, It think it's a case of we've never seen her NOT doing it. There's no major no-no preventing it from happening from a canon standpoint. (Though Mario is more Cannon than canon). As for the Parasol I though of Dasiy using a giant, well, daisy instead, fit in with the whole random flower power thing she has going on.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

I was thinking the Snifit or the Super Ball for a neutral special, up special would be the FlowerBud Return since the parasol is more related to Peach and the Flower Glider would receive too much negative reception of being another 'Peach Parasol', side special would be Torpedo Strike, she charges with her knee and if it hits, it will be followed by a upwards kick that sends opponents flying, I don't have a good idea for a down special anybody wanna help here please?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I was thinking the Snifit or the Super Ball for a neutral special, up special would be the FlowerBud Return since the parasol is more related to Peach and the Flower Glider would receive too much negative reception of being another 'Peach Parasol', side special would be Torpedo Strike, she charges with her knee and if it hits, it will be followed by a upwards kick that sends opponents flying, I don't have a good idea for a down special anybody wanna help here please?
If I know my semi-clones, vegeatables with different properties. Maybe carrots in reference to Mario Land 2's power up. Maybe fly straight making them better on stage but less off stage gimping.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I know I'm not speaking for everyone but it seems the idea of Daisy being a semi-clone is slowly being more generally accepted.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I know I'm not speaking for everyone but it seems the idea of Daisy being a semi-clone is slowly being more generally accepted.
I think after Roy showed it done well people warmed up to it. Before then we had Dark Pit and his amazing three differences.

What's important about semi-clones is not that they're different for the sake of being different but that they are different in a way that alters how they are played.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That seems like a good suggestion, though I'm still quite partial to "Royal Tomboy" or "Royal Pain":p (BTW, I forgot to mention this before, but "Royal Pain" stems from the famous fact that Princess Daisy's "true strength" was shown off quite comically in Mario Party 3 during a certain scene I think we Princess Daisy fans are well acquainted with by now! I still think that the certain someone who was on the receiving end of that certain assault would be absolutely TERRIFIED to see her in Smash!)
If Daisy were ever in Death Battle against another spinoff ridden character (Lana or Waluigi), Wiz and Boomstick will use that a feat for measuring her base strength. :p

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I think after Roy showed it done well people warmed up to it. Before then we had Dark Pit and his amazing three differences.

What's important about semi-clones is not that they're different for the sake of being different but that they are different in a way that alters how they are played.
I spoke to a few people recently and said that while they despised the idea of Daisy being a clone, they are totally okay with it if she was a semi-clone.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As for Final Smash, how about bringing back Luigi's old Negetive Zone? Just spruce it up to make it flowery. BAM, no extra animations needed and better than Peach's one.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
I spoke to a few people recently and said that while they despised the idea of Daisy being a clone, they are totally okay with it if she was a semi-clone.
I don't despise the idea but it's displeasing because a few of peach's things wouldn't really fit with her. As long as she gets some sassy taunts though I'm satisfied. My first priority would be having her in the game regardless of how she plays tbh.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Hi! I'm new user here, but I saw you since page 79 of this forum. :nervous:
I'm a fan of Smash Bros and I'd like to see Daisy as a playable character.
Who's in charge of the twitter account: @Daisy4Smash? I am @jp_1995x on twitter.

Of course, I voted 50 votes in different IPs for Daisy, and I will vote a little more, because from September I won't go to vote because I'll be in college.

I had to create an account, so you can see there's a fan more. :)

PD: By the way, I am Spanish (It's hard for me to speak english). :ohwell:

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Who's in charge of the twitter account: @Daisy4Smash? I am @jp_1995x on twitter.

Of course, I voted 50 votes in different IPs for Daisy, and I will vote a little more, because from September I won't go to vote because I'll be in college.

Hey Jp, I've spoken to you on Twitter indeed!
Nice to see you finally made an account here!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I went on MarioWiki to do research and Peach's parasol actually debuted in Super Mario RPG along with her Frying Pan. Bodes well for taking inspiration from obscurer games and concepts like that Snifit thing.

As for Daisy floating, It think it's a case of we've never seen her NOT doing it. There's no major no-no preventing it from happening from a canon standpoint. (Though Mario is more Cannon than canon). As for the Parasol I though of Dasiy using a giant, well, daisy instead, fit in with the whole random flower power thing she has going on.
Well in Mario Kart 8, Daisy has her own parasol colour that only her and Baby Daisy use. Then again, Rosalina has her own parasol too....

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

No sweat, if you have doubts speak to me, I am Spanish as well(well Mexican to be exact), and thank you for your support, feel free to hang around as much as you like til the ballot is over.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
No sweat, if you have doubts speak to me, I am Spanish as well(well Mexican to be exact), and thank you for your support, feel free to hang around as much as you like til the ballot is over.
OK. Thank you :). I'm from Spain.
I have five characters that I would like them to be DLC for Smash, but my favorite is Daisy.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Daisy's not one of my top five most wanted but I enjoy speculating her appearance because she's got so much to draw from. Will they go sports? Will the go Mario Party? Will they go Mario Kart? Pull stuff out of their bums thin air? All of the above?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How do you like my sig?

(It's a few posts up)
Nice but doesn't really count for people who have both Waluigi (Daisy's partner in crime, or spin-off appearances) and Bomberman (seriously, until Konami bouyght Hudson this little guy was everywhere).

Still 40 games is impressive for a character who only appeared in one Platformer. I wonder if Nabbit is headed in the same direction in time.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Nice but doesn't really count for people who have both Waluigi (Daisy's partner in crime, or spin-off appearances) and Bomberman (seriously, until Konami bouyght Hudson this little guy was everywhere).

Still 40 games is impressive for a character who only appeared in one Platformer. I wonder if Nabbit is headed in the same direction in time.
Him being in Rio Olympics is pretty impressive and hopefully makes him a spin-off staple along with his New Super Mario Bros appearances.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Hmm...when the ballot is over, I wonder where we go from there?? Because, this thread is such a wonderful place to get away from the negativity as well as not feeling that I'm only the Daisy fan in the world.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hmm...when the ballot is over, I wonder where we go from there?? Because, this thread is such a wonderful place to get away from the negativity as well as not feeling that I'm only the Daisy fan in the world.
Unless Daisy becomes a playable fighter in Smash, this thread would probably stay in just where it is until then, but maybe just change it to "for Smash 5" if she doesn't make it through DLC.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
OK. Thank you :). I'm from Spain.
I have five characters that I would like them to be DLC for Smash, but my favorite is Daisy.
Welcome aboard fellow Daisy fan! Like many other people here, we simply talk about ways in which Daisy can work as a fighter based on her abilities or outfits. And as you can se, we can't really find a definite answer since many have different opinions on the subject. But it is a fun subject to talk about here nonetheless.

I will add you to the support list, along with the one for my Azura thread, after I finish exercising this fine afternoon. ;)

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I hope to see Daisy as a playable character in this Smash Bros, because she deserved it before that Rosalina by seniority.

Almost every day, I vote, hope that together we can do that Daisy is regarded as important in Nintendo.

Welcome aboard fellow Daisy fan! Like many other people here, we simply talk about ways in which Daisy can work as a fighter based on her abilities or outfits. And as you can se, we can't really find a definite answer since many have different opinions on the subject. But it is a fun subject to talk about here nonetheless.

I will add you to the support list, along with the one for my Azura thread, after I finish exercising this fine afternoon. ;)
OK thanks.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I just imagine Daisy as a quicker, more physical type of character, probably using sporty attacks as well.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Aw, now I'm a little conflicted that if Daisy is confirmed, I'd have to see if she is done as a fighter ideally to a few of our ideas. I'm not a full-on Daisy fan to accept anything right away. I think it would not bode well if she is similiar to Peach in her moveset and appearance, but at the same time, she has to leave a reminder that she is a princess. Ah, the crisis! Whatever, as long as Daisy makes it in as DLC, cool. I just want them to make her look good for DLC material while they're at it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom