• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
I wouldn't put her as a fairy type eithe, its just for the sake of the princess trio. I don't know if I'd consider Metroid a prominent series... Hasn't that been neglected a lot for a few years now? I don't know since I don't really follow or pay attention to the series.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I wouldn't put her as a fairy type eithe, its just for the sake of the princess trio. I don't know if I'd consider Metroid a prominent series... Hasn't that been neglected a lot for a few years now? I don't know since I don't really follow or pay attention to the series.
Metroid has been really neglected; the last game was Other M in 2010. However, Federation Force is coming out, Metroid isn't over yet, the series is very popular despite the gap between game release dates, and it established the first well known and brave female protagonist so imo all of those things make it a prominent series.

Last edited:

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
I suppose smash bros is an kind of an all star fighting game so you could argue that every series featured is a prominent one, even retro (maybe not the individual series but as a whole retro could be considered prominent, especially with games on the virtual console being constantly release, and even new games like mario maker look back on retro).

Troykv

Smash Master
I think if Daisy was a Pokemon, she would be a type: Grass/Fight.

And if finally there is a DLC character for each saga, my theory would be: :joyful:

Mario Bros: Princess Daisy.
Pokemon: Sceptile, although I would like Blaziken.
Zelda: Ghirahim or Impa.
Donkey Kong: K. Rool or Dixie, although it is more probable the first.
Kirby: Bandana Dee.
Star Fox: Wolf or Krystal, although I think they will choose to Wolf easily, but I would choose to Krystal.
Golden Sun: Isaac.
Fire Emblem: Chrom.
Metroid: Ridley (?), although I think nobody.
Third party: Shantae.
In addition, I would add to Bayonetta.

If they were the DLC characters for this Smash, I would be very happy. :)
I prefer to see Micaiah over Chrom, but otherwise looks great.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
I think if Daisy was a Pokemon, she would be a type: Grass/Fight.

And if finally there is a DLC character for each saga, my theory would be: :joyful:

Mario Bros: Princess Daisy.
Pokemon: Sceptile, although I would like Blaziken.
Zelda: Ghirahim or Impa.
Donkey Kong: K. Rool or Dixie, although it is more probable the first.
Kirby: Bandana Dee.
Star Fox: Wolf or Krystal, although I think they will choose to Wolf easily, but I would choose to Krystal.
Golden Sun: Isaac.
Fire Emblem: Chrom.
Metroid: Ridley (?), although I think nobody.
Third party: Shantae.
In addition, I would add to Bayonetta.

If they were the DLC characters for this Smash, I would be very happy. :)
My theory would be:
Mario: Definitely Daisy. I actually think she has the strongest chance out of the Mario characters.
Pokemon: I definitely think it would have to be Ivysaur or Squirtle. I can't imagine them just adding a new pokemon, even Sceptile.
Zelda: I would probably say no one but Probably Impa or Young Link since Girahim is already an assist trophy. I think i'd like Fi actually.
Donkey Kong: After the costume fiasco I still haven't discounted K. Rool, but I am thinking Dixie has a better chance now.
Kirby: Bandana Dee, of course.
Star Fox: Krystal, if anyone I think.
Metroid: I don't know this series... so probably no one since I'm guessing.

Given that we already have Roy (Even if he is a veteran) I don't think we'll see any more Fire Emblem Characters. Even though I love the series and more characters would be cool I just really dont think itll happen. I also don't think we'll get a third party character at all, and if we do I'll actually be really annoyed.

Other than Daisy, what other Mario characters are popular/do you think could get in? Also do you think any of them stand a better chance than Daisy?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Other than Daisy, what other Mario characters are popular/do you think could get in? Also do you think any of them stand a better chance than Daisy?
Well...

Captain Toad: Represents Toad as the generic one is firmly lodged in Peach's bustle moveset.
Nabbit: Recently became a playable character is New Super Luigi U and M&S at the Olympics.
Paper Mario: Paper Jam confirmed he's a separate character from ... flesh and blood (?) Mario
WAAAAAAAALUUIGI: 'nough said.

Daisy has a lot more support than usual because Waluigi is trapped as an assist trophy.

Bonus Semi-Yoshi pick: Kamek. Poor little dinosaur can't even get an original villain.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
My theory would be:
Mario: Definitely Daisy. I actually think she has the strongest chance out of the Mario characters.
Pokemon: I definitely think it would have to be Ivysaur or Squirtle. I can't imagine them just adding a new pokemon, even Sceptile.
Zelda: I would probably say no one but Probably Impa or Young Link since Girahim is already an assist trophy. I think i'd like Fi actually.
Donkey Kong: After the costume fiasco I still haven't discounted K. Rool, but I am thinking Dixie has a better chance now.
Kirby: Bandana Dee, of course.
Star Fox: Krystal, if anyone I think.
Metroid: I don't know this series... so probably no one since I'm guessing.

Given that we already have Roy (Even if he is a veteran) I don't think we'll see any more Fire Emblem Characters. Even though I love the series and more characters would be cool I just really dont think itll happen. I also don't think we'll get a third party character at all, and if we do I'll actually be really annoyed.

Waluigi would definitely have the highest chances if not because of his AT status, so this leaves us in triple lockdown between Daisy, Captain Toad and Paper Mario, but since Cap's popularity seems to have decreased this leaves us with Daisy and Paper Mario, and of the two PM is definitely more requested, and even more so now that it's confirmed that he is a separate character than Regular!Mario, but still, Daisy is still high there, so let's not give up til the bitter end!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd prefer Paper Mario to wait for the sequel then they can add all the proper Paper Mario stuff like and HD stage and an assist trophy. Daisy, Captain Toad and Waluigi (barring assist trophy issues) would feel a bit more complete

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I'd prefer Paper Mario to wait for the sequel then they can add all the proper Paper Mario stuff like and HD stage and an assist trophy. Daisy, Captain Toad and Waluigi (barring assist trophy issues) would feel a bit more complete
I did not include Geno in my previous post for obvious reasons, if you boil it down to these three then yeah, but I prefer Daisy for more personal nostalgic reasons.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I did not include Geno in my previous post for obvious reasons, if you boil it down to these three then yeah, but I prefer Daisy for more personal nostalgic reasons.
Speaking of Geno.....his boost at the start of the ballot has seemed to fade away a bit.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Unfortunately the pitchforks were raised the moment you added her to the CSS....
Being a Daisy fan feels like being an ogre or some other monster or outcast. Once you step outside your cage the townsfolk raise their torches and pitchforks. On the bright side we have a lovely cage. :039:

But seriously, so far even though most of the people disagreed with Daisy they were still pretty nice/respectful about it. Like "I don't think so but fair enough if that's what you think/want".

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But the question is, why would you have daisy, when you can have Waluigi?!?!??!?!/
Because we don't know if Sakurai would go out of his way of making an Assist Trophy a DLC character. It would be a miracle if that were to happen and open the floodgates of speculation.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Because we don't know if Sakurai would go out of his way of making an Assist Trophy a DLC character. It would be a miracle if that were to happen and open the floodgates of speculation.
True enough. I just never really got the whole Daisy deal. She never really held my interest in the of the Mario spinoffs, and most of her abilities in those games were somewhat generic.

To each their own, I suppose. I just don't fully understand all the Daisy love.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
And even more characters would join the fray in the ballot, who knows what will happen, let's just hope its something good for Daisy, Btw my top 5 DLC choices:
1: Daisy
2: Snake
3: Micaiah
4: Lana
5: Banjo-Kazooie.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
True enough. I just never really got the whole Daisy deal. She never really held my interest in the of the Mario spinoffs, and most of her abilities in those games were somewhat generic.

To each their own, I suppose. I just don't fully understand all the Daisy love.
To each their own is right! I never totally understood the Waluigi love myself but you know whatever you want buddy is cool with me! Even in characters I actively dislike (Waluigi is not one of those) I at least take a tiiiny bit of solace in the fact that they make other people happy, can't please everyone after all. My top choices are in my signature (first post of this page, if you're curious). Some of them are super unlikely but who cares, dream big.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
To each their own is right! I never totally understood the Waluigi love myself but you know whatever you want buddy is cool with me! Even in characters I actively dislike (Waluigi is not one of those) I at least take a tiiiny bit of solace in the fact that they make other people happy, can't please everyone after all. My top choices are in my signature (first post of this page, if you're curious). Some of them are super unlikely but who cares, dream big.
Same here, never got the Wally love myself but to each their own.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Don't worry 'bout me, I get both the Wally love, AND the Daisy love. Even though I'm a Daisy fan, I can really relate to Waluigi and all of his fans. There are just moments where we're all in the same boat.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Every character brings something new (even if it's only some cool victory music Mr Dark Pit) so there's no such thing as a wasted slot.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
How many ballot characters does everyone think we'll get? Wasn't there some data mine that showed there's like 2 Mario slots somewhere or something? People were thinking it was for ballot characters? (You should always assume if I don't present a source then I have none) Regardless, what do you guys think? For starters I think however many characters we get they'll all be from different series. (unless we got like 6 characters or something for some reason, heh) I haven't ruled out characters from the same series happening I just don't personally think it will, but we'll see. I also think we'll definitely get 2 characters (3 at most), but I'm expecting only 1 (I like to keep my expectations low so I can be surprised. :p) My top 2 favourites to win are Birdo and Birdo Daisy and Dixie Kong!
Right now my guess would be 2-4 ballot fighters, but that's just a guess. I feel like having at least 2 is pretty likely given that Sakurai said there would be "several" ballot characters. In my mind there's also a decent argument for 4 ballot fighters given that Fighter Bundle #1 on the eshop has 4 characters in it. I've heard some talk about 6 being a possibility for CSS reasons, but I'm not sure about that. I'd definitely like it if it were the case though.

I'll be interested to see how Sakurai and co. use the fighter ballot results to choose which characters make it as DLC. Popularity seems to me like it'll have some weight, though I think it's unclear at this point how much. If we get more than 2 characters, I wonder if Sakurai and co. will consciously choose some veterans, semi-clones, or other fighters that don't have completely original movesets/character models to cut down on development time. If so, I think that probably bodes well for Wolf, Dixie, and Daisy. I'd prefer for at least the latter two to have original movesets if possible, but I'll be happy with them being in the game even if they share a few things with Diddy/DK and Peach respectively.

I really don't know if we'll get more than one ballot character from the same series and I agree that it's probably not super likely. That said, I feel like the DK series may have the best shot at getting two, since it seems like both K. Rool and Dixie are pretty popular. All the stuff in this post is just a guess though; I think it's pretty hard to predict things at this point because the fighter ballot and Smash DLC is so unprecedented.

Last edited:

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Right now my guess would be 2-4 ballot fighters, but that's just a guess. I feel like having at least 2 is pretty likely given that Sakurai said there would be "several" ballot characters. In my mind there's a decent argument for having 4 given that Fighter Bundle #1 on the eshop has 4 characters in it. I've heard some talk about 6 being a possibility for CSS reasons, but I'm not sure about that. I'd definitely like it if it were the case though.

I'll interested to see how Sakurai and co. use the fighter ballot results to choose which characters make it as DLC. Popularity seems to me like it'll have some weight, though I think it's unclear at this point how much. If we get more than 2 characters, I wonder if Sakurai and co. will consciously choose some veterans, semi-clones, or other fighters that don't have completely original movesets/character models to cut down on development time. If so, I think that probably bodes well for Wolf, Dixie, and Daisy. I'd prefer for at least the latter two to have original movesets if possible, but I'll be happy with them being in the game even if they share a few things with Diddy/DK and Peach respectively.

I really don't know if we'll get more than one ballot character from the same series and I agree that it's probably not super likely. That said, I feel like the DK series may have the best shot at getting two, since it seems like both K. Rool and Dixie are pretty popular. All the stuff in this post is just a guess though; I think it's pretty hard to know at this point because the fighter ballot and Smash DLC is unprecedented.
4 characters... 6 characters... Don't say these numbers to me @ Babycowland Babycowland you're getting me so damn excited!!!! :roll:
But yeah I agree with like all of what you said. The "Fighter Bundle #1" makes a good point for 4 more newcomers and the CSS thing is really interesting as well. With numbers that high I'd be much more willing to believe a franchise could get 2 newcomers from the ballot, especially if it's DK (I should visit the Dixie thread more...) Anyway it's always fun to speculate!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Imo, I honestly think the top 3-5 seems the most fair to me. If we are really getting "fan service" at least 3 would be decent, with 5 being the most I could expect.

Last edited:

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
I mean, I might used to have no love for Waluigi, him being a weird lanky Luigi clone. But his stupid personality grew on me lol.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I'm just here to say something that I discovered a long time ago :drifloon:
If you search "Fawful" in google images, you'll find this

As you can clearly see
According to Google
Fawful is actually Daisy :dr^_^:

Last edited:

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
No, I'm serious. Why do you guys want Daisy in Smash?
Well at least answer his question first. I'd suggest you check out the Waluigi board to discuss why he should be in the game but is there one any more? Since he's an assist trophy and whatnot doesn't he fall under some other board or something? Ugh idk.

Anyway, speaking only for myself, I want Daisy in Smash because of how much I like her character. I want to be able to play that in smash. She's so spunky and hot headed I'd like to see her kicking ass and giving hell! I think they could have a lot of fun with her taunts and her moves. I'd also just really love to see the three princesses together. Anyway, isn't the main reason anyone wants a character in smash just because they like them?

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
No, I'm serious. Why do you guys want Daisy in Smash?
1 Because I would like to see her in more than just spin-offs.
2 I want to see a female character who hits hard than any other female in the game.
3 She has 26 years with Nintendo and yet she has not gotten proper recognition and starting here would be a good idea and besides I want her because she is one of my favorite Mario characters.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Added. Welcome to the club where we embrace and talk about anything Daisy here. Feel free to take look around and discuss your thoughts for these last few months. ;)

That Miiverse comic series doesn't sound half bad, I would look forward to seeing it in all its glory. So you can feel free to share any pages here one you start working on it since it would be entertaining.
Sure thing! Thanks for the encouragement ! ! :D

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Speaking of Miiverse, sometimes I can't play on the Miiverse stage using Peach because the who background is littered with Daisy 4 Smash support pics XD.

Top Bottom