• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

HanAmes

Smash Ace
No, I'm serious. Why do you guys want Daisy in Smash?
1) Simple answer: since we already have both Peach and Rosalina, why not just add in the third princess as well? Because to me, it isn't right to just have 2/3 of the princesses in the game, as well as it's not fair to Daisy.
2) I just wanna see Daisy, my favorite character, kick butt in my favorite game. I'm fan enough to even write an article on her.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
1) Simple answer: since we already have both Peach and Rosalina, why not just add in the third princess as well? Because to me, it isn't right to just have 2/3 of the princesses in the game, as well as it's not fair to Daisy.
2) I just wanna see Daisy, my favorite character, kick butt in my favorite game. I'm fan enough to even write an article on her.
nice way of putting it!

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
What are your thoughts on GameTheory? Seeing people believe this guy on the Rosalina's parents more rather than all the obvious hints on who Luigi's REAL love interest is rather disheartening and makes me question if people can really be that gullible, I know a matter of personal preference, but still.
The theme of the parents of Rosalina, I find outrageous and silly invented for some fan boring. We all know: MarioxPeach, not objection to that.

The couple LuigixRosalina is now impossible. Sorry for Nintendo, if they wanted to make it happen, but the years and fans want the couple LuigixDaisy.

Moreover, in the last Mario Golf, Nintendo continues with LuigixDaisy. ;)

#DAISYFORSMASH

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like her more than Peach. That's literally it.

Other benefits would be giving her a more prominent role in the Mario games, which I can definitely get behind.

:231:

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Why do you guys want Daisy in Smash?
1. She's an sporty, strong, fast and beautiful, has attitude and she would be a other female character to offer.
2. Daisy's my favorite female character from Nintendo.
3. Because I would like to see her in more than just spin-offs.
4. The only princess from Mario Bros who knew defend itself, after one kidnapping.
5. For her seniority, 26 years since her first appearance.

#VOTEFORDAISY ;)

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the comments about why you would like Daisy in Smash. It's interesting to read why people want characters you don't.

As for Waluigi... I don't seem him plausible, especially since he has an assist trophy. I just think he would be a very funny character to play. He has a lot of strange random abilities that would translate very well into Smash, and his taunts would probably kill me.

As for Daisy, the most notable thing I remember about her is saying "HI IM DAISY" in Double Dash.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Thanks for all the comments about why you would like Daisy in Smash. It's interesting to read why people want characters you don't.

As for Waluigi... I don't seem him plausible, especially since he has an assist trophy. I just think he would be a very funny character to play. He has a lot of strange random abilities that would translate very well into Smash, and his taunts would probably kill me.

As for Daisy, the most notable thing I remember about her is saying "HI IM DAISY" in Double Dash.
And if I had to take a guess you found it annoying right? No offense nor anything just asking.

Last edited:

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
And if I had to take a guess you found it annoying right? No offense nor anything just asking.
Just a little. But the main reason I wouldn't be particularly fond of Daisy in Smash is that she doesn't have a ton a moveset potential. Her character is fine, and her taunts would be funny, but her moveset potential isn't that grand. The most notable thing she does is the Crystal Smash from Mario Strikers Charged.

This is why I support Waluigi a bit more. His moveset potential is very high, as he can spin like a tornado, swim in midair, create purple vines, teleport in puffs of purple smoke, and throw eggplants and Bob-ombs.

I mean no Daisy hate, but its just something to think about.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Just a little. But the main reason I wouldn't be particularly fond of Daisy in Smash is that she doesn't have a ton a moveset potential. Her character is fine, and her taunts would be funny, but her moveset potential isn't that grand. The most notable thing she does is the Crystal Smash from Mario Strikers Charged.

This is why I support Waluigi a bit more. His moveset potential is very high, as he can spin like a tornado, swim in midair, create purple vines, teleport in puffs of purple smoke, and throw eggplants and Bob-ombs.

I mean no Daisy hate, but its just something to think about.
All of which come from the spin-offs, when people talk about Waluigi woth this kind of moveset they are fine with it, yet they mention Daisy and everyone suddenly goes haywire, it's just not fair.

Laniv

Smash Champion
1. One of my favorite Mario characters.
2. Her potential sports-based moveset (slam dunking opponents as a down throw!)
3. Her personality would fit in really well.

All of which come from the spin-offs, when people talk about Waluigi woth this kind of moveset they are fine with it, yet they mention Daisy and everyone suddenly goes haywire, it's just not fair.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I don't really get what your saying. All of Daisy's moves come from spinoffs as well.
What I mean is Waluigi with spin-off moves: Awesome!
Daisy with spin-off moves: Unoriginal moveset, irrelevant character, just a Peach clone. See my point? Double standards.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
What I mean is Waluigi with spin-off moves: Awesome!
Daisy with spin-off moves: Unoriginal moveset, irrelevant character, just a Peach clone. See my point? Double standards.
The difference is Daisy's moves ARE mostly unoriginal. She relies on very similar moves that are kind of uninspired.

For example in Mario Power Tennis Daisy's Power Shot is hitting the ball with a bunch of flowers. Waluigi's Power shot is turning into a tornado and hitting the ball backwards.

Daisy's Defensive shot in that game is summoning a field of flowers and leaping over it to catch the ball. Waluigi's defensive move in that game is swimming in midair towards the ball to hit it.

This is why a lot of Daisy movesets have to rely on Mario Party and Mario Kart as her Side B's and Down B's.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Just saying. Zero suit Samus doesn't do **** that she does from Metroid exactly like she does in Smash, so does plenty of other characters, most of not all are made up. Sure a character could have "pre determined" movesets, but just because they do, doesn't mean they become more likely then those that don't.

Last edited:

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Just saying. Zero suit Samus doesn't do **** that she does from Metroid exactly like she does in Smash, so does plenty of other characters, most of not all are made up. Sure a character could have "pre determined" movesets, but just because they do, doesn't mean they become more likely then those that don't.
I guess so, but I don't think Daisy fans would be too happy if they added her and made up half her moveset.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I guess so, but I don't think Daisy fans would be too happy if they added her and made up half her moveset.
If they didn't "fit" with Daisy's personality, maybe, but that's why what ZSS does doesn't bother most people, because it "fits" her persona, being nimble and athletic. Daisy is a tomboyish girl, who uses brute strength as a character trait based on her backstory as a character.

And imo, a true fan would just like her playable. Someone who loves a character, doesn't care how they play, just that they are there in their most loved game, Smash Bros. That was what Sonic was to me in Brawl.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Actually I would be fine with it as long as it focuses on her flower and crystal abilities. And stays true to her personality.

Last edited:

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Oh well. All I'm saying is, besides her Crystal Smash attack most of her moves are really generic. If you don't mind that it's fine I guess. I just prefer Waluigi because he can pull out a wide variety of attacks.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Oh well. All I'm saying is, besides her Crystal Smash attack most of her moves are really generic. If you don't mind that it's fine I guess. I just prefer Waluigi because he can pull out a wide variety of attacks.
With no cohesion whatsoever.
Making a moveset for Waluigi is just throwing whacky things together for the sake of being whacky.

Daisy would be an athletic powerhouse with a hint of stage control through flowers.

I believe Daisy would be easier to make a cohesive moveset for.
While her attacks are more generic than Waluigi's, they do converse time and time again the overall Flower-theme Daisy has.
These attacks themselves might be generic, but those attacks don't have to be copy-pasted.
The Flower Motif is the base shown in these attacks, and with creativity you expand on that through petals and pollen.

Waluigi's Special moves are flashier, but range too wildly to make a cohesive moveset for.
Their very essence is "being whacky", which is too hard to extract a moveset from that fits.

That said, I'd love Waluigi to have a whacky moveset but saying Waluigi is superior in moveset-potential isn't really fair.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
With no cohesion whatsoever.
Making a moveset for Waluigi is just throwing whacky things together for the sake of being whacky.

Daisy would be an athletic powerhouse with a hint of stage control through flowers.

I believe Daisy would be easier to make a cohesive moveset for.
While her attacks are more generic than Waluigi's, they do converse time and time again the overall Flower-theme Daisy has.
These attacks themselves might be generic, but those attacks don't have to be copy-pasted.
The Flower Motif is the base shown in these attacks, and with creativity you expand on that through petals and pollen.

Waluigi's Special moves are flashier, but range too wildly to make a cohesive moveset for.
Their very essence is "being whacky", which is too hard to extract a moveset from that fits.

That said, I'd love Waluigi to have a whacky moveset but saying Waluigi is superior in moveset-potential isn't really fair.
I mean, if you wanted you could stick with a few basic Waluigi moves at give him a more generic, flowing moveset, But that wouldn't really fit Waluigi.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If we want to debate how Malugigi orks let's take it to the Waluigi thread.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
read the movesets we have in the OP and you'll see some creativity that Sakurai has sparked in all of us after seeing all the newcomers in Sm4sh

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Daisy debuted in a Mario platformer but not one by Shigeru. We all remember how friggin' weird Super Mario Land was

Which isn't to say the Mario Land series is disowned or anything. It got more representation in Smash than WARIO Land for one thing.

I wonder if the platformer developers and the people they get to do spin-offs are on different wave lengths.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Daisy debuted in a Mario platformer but not one by Shigeru. We all remember how friggin' weird Super Mario Land was

Which isn't to say the Mario Land series is disowned or anything. It got more representation in Smash than WARIO Land for one thing.

I wonder if the platformer developers and the people they get to do spin-offs are on different wave lengths.
I really enjoyed Super Mario Land, and I wish they would make a true successor. Bring Daisy into something else than a spinoff.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
This is a bit ironic, but to me, I think Daisy looks stronger when wearing her dress rather than her sports outfit. To me, it's cause the sports outfit makes her look like a frail girl (probably cause of how skinny and small she is), while the dress just seems poofy and big, and I don't know.. more powerful for some reason. Just the fact that the dress is bigger makes it look stronger. idk. I know this doesn't make sense haha.

Maybe in order for myself to actually think Daisy looks strong in her sports clothes, they would have to make her thicker and less skinny. Ok I know she's not that skinny, but still.. when Daisy (in her sports outfit) is standing next to Peach and Rosalina in their dresses, she kind of dwarfs in comparison.

Compare this:

to this:

She just seems more... grand.. and more magical.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Daisy does have her sports outfit as her default I'd wager she's have her dress as an alt, similar to Wario.

As TVTropes would call it, Kicking Ass in all her Finery.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
If Daisy does have her sports outfit as her default I'd wager she's have her dress as an alt, similar to Wario.

As TVTropes would call it, Kicking *** in all her Finery.
I feel like they'd only do one outfit, since a dress would affect hitbox/hurtbox collisions.

So, it'd either be the sports outfit or the dress. I'd be fine with either outfit, but if they choose sports outfit, they should make her thicker (All About that Bass basically)

By the way, this is random, but I find the Mario Bros.' size comparison to the princesses a bit funny.

Luigi looks so big!!

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I feel like they'd only do one outfit, since a dress would affect hitbox/hurtbox collisions.

So, it'd either be the sports outfit or the dress. I'd be fine with either outfit, but if they choose sports outfit, they should make her thicker (All About that Bass basically)
I don't think they count the dresses for hitboxes;

And I don't see why they should, as it's just your outfit and not your actually body and all. But that's just me. I'd like if they did both.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

By the way, this is random, but I find the Mario Bros.' size comparison to the princesses a bit funny.

Luigi looks so big!!
Daisy is actually bigger albeit not by much.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Luigi looks so big!!
I don't think it would effect her hit boxes much. Depends on how her animation goes.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

And I don't see why they should, as it's just your outfit and not your actually body and all. But that's just me. I'd like if they did both.
Dresses aren't counted? Ok, that's good then. :)

Also I was going through Tumblr and I found these unique Mario princess designs. I absolutely love them. They seem so unique this way. I like the tan, chubby Daisy and the dark-skinned Rosalina. Oh how I wish these were the official designs of Nintendo..

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Luigi looks so big!!
That image looks like something from the Wii U Mario and Sonic game....what scene is this?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That image looks like something from the Wii U Mario and Sonic game....what scene is this?
Most likely the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics, that is the winter outfit she is wearing after all.

Nice find. This does prove that the dress isn't a part of the hitboxes after all. It easily blows the whole dress/sports outfit alternate costume debate out of the water.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I thought it was interesting to learn that almost all of Ness' and Lucas' special moves originate from moves other characters in their games can do. Taking that into consideration, I think it would be really neat to give Daisy some abilities from Super Mario Land, like the Super Ball or Bombshell Koopas or whatnot.
Dresses aren't counted? Ok, that's good then. :)

Also I was going through Tumblr and I found these unique Mario princess designs. I absolutely love them. They seem so unique this way. I like the tan, chubby Daisy and the dark-skinned Rosalina. Oh how I wish these were the official designs of Nintendo..

I mean, yay for diversity and all, but I prefer their actual designs. Daisy should not be chubby. |: (

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom