• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
This is another good idea. Maybe I'm biased because I love to watch me some baseball and see some good references to Nario Superstar Baseball.

LOL. That's all that needs to be said.

These are nice, but I like the first one more. Fits her flower motif a lot.

Here's another good one I have.

Daisy sprouts into the scene!
Here's my take: Daisy blooms in!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
User was warned for this post
I believe that was was already mentioned. But it's still a great tagline. :laugh:

And try not to double post again, Ark.
Really? Darn, my bad. Gotcha about the double post, I'll be more careful.

Why has the thread been so dead the last days, is everyone busy perhaps? Yes, I am aware of the double post but I just have to know.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Soooooo expecting anything Mario Kart 8 Deluxe related for the Direct?

Not that it would mean much.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Soooooo expecting anything Mario Kart 8 Deluxe related for the Direct?

Not that it would mean much.
Something aside from what we already know would be great although I see it as unlikely. If we can get any kind of unexpected surprise, then goes to show Nintendo is still going strong.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Something aside from what we already know would be great although I see it as unlikely. If we can get any kind of unexpected surprise, then goes to show Nintendo is still going strong.
Like what else can we expect from Nintendo after we just have gotten Sports Superstars? Maybe Mario Tennis Switch if Camelot is working on a new project. At least that would be a good surprise.

But I see that more as an E3 reveal.
Even then, E3 is two months away if we don't get anything out of the Direct other than mostly Splatoon 2 and ARMS. I'm not expecting anything too big since we already knew most of everything from a Mario Kart trailer last year. I'm not sure what else they would need to reveal after that.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Like what else can we expect from Nintendo after we just have gotten Sports Superstars? Maybe Mario Tennis Switch is Camelot is working on a new project. At least that would be a good surprise.

But I see that more as an E3 reveal.
Even then, E3 is two months away if we don't get anything out of the Direct other than mostly Splatoon 2 and ARMS. I'm not expecting anything too big since we already knew most of everything from a Mario Kart trailer last year. I'm not sure what else they would need to reveal after that.
As said before, if that's the case, I hope that, if it takes a while, the quality better be worth it, if it's anything like Power Tennis, then I am all in.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
As said before, if that's the case, I hope that, if it takes a while, the quality better be worth it, if it's anything like Power Tennis, then I am all in.
And assuming Next Level Games isn't busy right now (A Federation Force 2 won't be likely with those loss in sales), I would like a third Strikers game.

We haven't gotten a new game in a while and it definitely has far more potential than Mario Golf (which is dead for a reason).

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What would surprise me is if Nintendo actually made a Mario fighting game... not Smash, well, actually it plays like Smash but all the fighters are Mario characters... and all stages are from Mario games.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
What would surprise me is if Nintendo actually made a Mario fighting game... not Smash, well, actually it plays like Smash but all the fighters are Mario characters... and all stages are from Mario games.
Well, they did say the have a lot of IPs ready so maybe.
And assuming Next Level Games isn't busy right now (A Federation Force 2 won't be likely with those loss in sales), I would like a third Strikers game.

We haven't gotten a new game in a while and it definitely has far more potential than Mario Golf (which is dead for a reason).
I still have and play Charge, just enjoy how sadistic certain characters are lol.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I still have and play Charge, just enjoy how sadistic certain characters are lol.
Hence the memes about Mario saying "He's going to murder everyone you treasure and love" when he's pissed on recent Mario spinoff artwork.

Forget the American Kirby, the American Mario is Hardcore. :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hence the memes about Mario saying "He's going to murder everyone you treasure and love" when he's pissed on recent Mario spinoff artwork.

Forget the American Kirby, the American Mario is Hardcore. :troll:
And American Peach & Daisy are rated E10+.

Still don't know how they got away with that.

UGXwolf

Smash Rookie
I'll be honest. In the past, I've argued against Daisy being a separate character, and even now, I wouldn't suggest her being given her own slot, but I want to make an argument in her favor. I do not think she would likely be a Peach clone.

While the potential is always there that Sakurai wants to fill a slot and Daisy happens to be an easy target for doing so (like with a third of the Melee cast), I think that if she's added, it will be immediately apparent that giving her Peach's moveset just doesn't make sense.

Peach's moveset is unabashedly girly, and while Daisy doesn't mind being a little girly, she's much more of a tomboy, when she has the option to be. Other than that, some things just situationally don't make sense. Let's see some examples:

Neutral B- Peach pulls a Toad as a form of counter. This makes perfect sense for her, as she rules the mushroom kingdom, but Daisy doesn't command the Toads, that I'm aware of. If any denizens of Sarasaland had been established in the series, you could just swap them out, but to my knowledge, no such thing exists. As such, it makes far more sense for Daisy to use some form of ball-and-bat, as she's featured prominently in the Mario Sports series, including Sluggers.

Up-B: Peach pulls out a parasol, giving her effectively a third jump, a cheeky way to kill off the top, and a lot of horizontal recovery distance, provided she's facing the right way. Now, Daisy, I believe, has beeing depicted with a parasol, in the past, but does daintily floating down really suit her all thay well? Nah, I don't feel like it does. In fact, I'll go ahead and say that Daisy probably isn't as floaty as Peach, in general. Now, I've seen some suggestions for a Rosa-like with hitboxes or some kind of flair jump, but I can't honestly come up with a sensible recovery on account of how little I know. Going with sports references, perhaps a pole vault, but I'd be afraid of making her "Mario Sports, the character" as I feel WFT already does a good job of representing sports as a moveset.

Up-smash: Peach lifts her hand in the air and does a twirl, attacking all around her with a rising ribbon. Cute, but ribbons don't seem like Daisy's thing. I think a flipkick like Fox is more fitting. Or even Wolf's scissor kick. (Rest In Waffles)

Down-Smash: Peach twirls on the ground,attacking those on either side with the skirt of her dress. Daisy can do this, if she's wearing her own dress, but given a more athletic moveset, her more athletic outfit would make sense, or could even be a good alternate costume for her. As such, a splits kick would be more fitting, or perhaps a leg sweep or axe kick. I would go with the splits kick.

Down-B: Peach pulls a turnip from the ground, giving her an item to toss. This directly references Super Mario bros 2 (US), a game Daisy was not in. Daisy can do just about anything else, here. Pulling a turnip doesn't make sense for her.

In a way, I think Sakurai had shown us he feels the same way I do. Daisy is NOT a costume for Peach. Peach has an alt color that references her. Same way as Wolf isn't a costume for Fox. Sakurai probably dodn't think it made sense for Daisy to do all the same stuff Peach did, so she doesn't. Meanwhile, Alph being Olimar and the Koopalongs being Bowser Jr works, as there isn't much of an attitude or tool difference on display.

Now, again, if Daisy is a last minute addition, all bets are off. Ganon still plays like Falcon, for god knows what reason (no sense changing it now, I guess), and most derivative characters start as clones and back away from it at various speeds. Daisy may be a clone regardless of logic, but given the time and attention Sakurai prefers to give characters, I don't think it would end up that way.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I meant more from Nintendo's side than the ESRB's.
IDK, as trigger happy as Nintendo can be with censorship we still see them approving stuff leotards on the princesses in the M&S Olympic games. I think they see the context as being justified, and this was also a rare case of them allowing another studio have some creative liberty. Perhaps they saw the merit in Mario Strikers as a really fun title and let the artwork slide?

The uniforms themselves seem fine to me. Daisy's art is the only one where I could maybe see some people complain, but at that point I think you'd have to deliberately be looking for something to be upset with.

At the same time, perhaps the creative liberties taken in Charged is why we haven't gotten another game. It could be a case of Nintendo having regrets over stuff like the Waluigi crotch chop since it goes against their image, especially given that it's with Mario characters. Nothing to really back that up though, just speculation on my part.

I don't know what else there is though. I never played Charged and am only aware of a few things about it. And the last time I played the original was at a friends place when it first came out,so I don't remember too much about it and from what I do recall, I can't seem to think of anything that would have been objectionable.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
IDK, as trigger happy as Nintendo can be with censorship we still see them approving stuff leotards on the princesses in the M&S Olympic games. I think they see the context as being justified, and this was also a rare case of them allowing another studio have some creative liberty. Perhaps they saw the merit in Mario Strikers as a really fun title and let the artwork slide?

The uniforms themselves seem fine to me. Daisy's art is the only one where I could maybe see some people complain, but at that point I think you'd have to deliberately be looking for something to be upset with.

At the same time, perhaps the creative liberties taken in Charged is why we haven't gotten another game. It could be a case of Nintendo having regrets over stuff like the Waluigi crotch chop since it goes against their image, especially given that it's with Mario characters. Nothing to really back that up though, just speculation on my part.

I don't know what else there is though. I never played Charged and am only aware of a few things about it. And the last time I played the original was at a friends place when it first came out,so I don't remember too much about it and from what I do recall, I can't seem to think of anything that would have been objectionable.
How can you also forget Daisy's infamous "Hotstuff pose!" or Wario literally contemplating suicide with a Bob-Omb in a lose animation?

Though you may be right, Strikers just won't be the same if they bring it back and tone down the hardcore tone it had. I would be happy and disappointed if it were revived as just that. They did reject a Mario wrestling game for being far too violent and Strikers did have a suggestive "balls" ad that had to be removed.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
How can you also forget Daisy's infamous "Hotstuff pose!" or Wario literally contemplating suicide with a Bob-Omb in a lose animation?

Though you may be right, Strikers just won't be the same if they bring it back and tone down the hardcore tone it had. I would be happy and disappointed if it were revived as just that. They did reject a Mario wrestling game for being far too violent and Strikers did have a suggestive "balls" ad that had to be removed.
I'm not even sure if I got to see those two particular animations. I had about 2-3 hours with the game when it launched 12 years ago. I really need to pick them up sometime, along with all those Mario Party games you all suggested. And Tennis on GC. And a lot of others...

Honestly, if that is whats holding the series back, I'd be fine with them toning down a tad. Maybe just back to Super Mario Strikers levels if not Charged (though again, I don't know which is seen as more "hardcore" so you'll have to fill me in on that.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm not even sure if I got to see those two particular animations. I had about 2-3 hours with the game when it launched 12 years ago. I really need to pick them up sometime, along with all those Mario Party games you all suggested. And Tennis on GC. And a lot of others...

Honestly, if that is whats holding the series back, I'd be fine with them toning down a tad. Maybe just back to Super Mario Strikers levels if not Charged (though again, I don't know which is seen as more "hardcore" so you'll have to fill me in on that.)
I meant hardcore as in the first verbal tone of the game compared to the first. The electrical gates, the impact of the tackles, the overall edgier behavior of the characters (even DK looks like he wants to kill you when he does a Mega Strike), crude humor (even Wario's farts are completely in character), and the fanservice. And I've honestly never really played the first Strikers game before. So I might as well be a little nostalgia blind. :laugh:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I meant hardcore as in the first verbal tone of the game compared to the first. The electrical gates, the impact of the tackles, the overall edgier behavior of the characters (even DK looks like he wants to kill you when he does a Mega Strike), crude humor (even Wario's farts are completely in character), and the fanservice. And I've honestly never really played the first Strikers game before. So I might as well be a little nostalgia blind. :laugh:
OK (:4ness:), so I looked up the win/lose animations from Charged, and I have to say, all the win animations are in character or still seem like something they'd do given the slightly edgier, more competitive presentation of the Strikers games. I don't see how Daisy's "hot stuff" victory could be objectionable. Only one I can see as a fair complaint is Waluigi's "Suck it!"

As for the loss animations, this is where I did find it to be a bit odd. The temper tantrums/angry/sore loser stuff seems fine for Wario, Waluigi, Bowser, Jr., but I do think these feel a bit out of character for the others. As for Wario and the Bob-omb, I'm not sure whether that's contemplating suicide so much as a old Tom & Jerry/Looney Tunes style of skit. I don't think there's anything too bad about it, though maybe that's just me.

Overall, I think a middle ground where they tone it down just slightly but keep the general style would be a good way to handle a third title. I will say that if we get another Strikers down the line, I'd like them to go back to the classic uniform style of the first. Not really a fan of the armor to be honest.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I briefly saw a mention of it on GoNintendo earlier, but I didn't notice that! Nice! :grin:
I haven't played a good board game in years.

Maybe this could be my way of playing them again if it's fun as Monopoly.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I haven't played a good board game in years.

Maybe this could be my way of playing them again if it's fun as Monopoly.
I somehow don't think you'll find the depth of Monopoly, here.

That said, it also doesn't look like it falls into the trap of those overly-elaborate board games that take longer to set up than they do to play, either, which is likely to be a plus.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Have anyone seen this before?

Guess who's a playable character with the main Mario cast? :p
It's the main playable spinoff cast plus the main stars. Cool.

No Birdo or Nabbit is sad. But no babies or Metal Clones are a plus. :troll:

If it's an easy to play game that doesn't take too ****ing long to end like some games (looks at Monopoly), I might think about it.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
For some reason this reminded me of the very first Mario Party despite having no relationship to it lol, nice to see this.
What gives you that feeling, that it's a friendly competition to become the Super Star? :p

I'm curious as to what the rules of the game are. It's probably going to be a fun game for kids and family. Just wonder if it will be popular enough as its own thing.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
What gives you that feeling, that it's a friendly competition to become the Super Star? :p

I'm curious as to what the rules of the game are. It's probably going to be a fun game for kids and family. Just wonder if it will be popular enough as its own thing.
We'll see. I don't know, just the portrait alone reminded me. Well, no mention of Daisy or Mario series in general this direct aside from MK8 Deluxe, at least she got some screen time in the segment, I know this isn't the thread for this, but who is planning on buying any of the last 3 Smash amiibo?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Have anyone decided on which reveal trailer would be the best to use several pages ago?

I think it's time to fill that empty gap.

Has Metal Daisy been confirmed for MK8 deluxe yet?
No. I know that this is a joke, but Gold Mario (who is a skin) is all we'll ever get.

We'll see. I don't know, just the portrait alone reminded me. Well, no mention of Daisy or Mario series in general this direct aside from MK8 Deluxe, at least she got some screen time in the segment, I know this isn't the thread for this, but who is planning on buying any of the last 3 Smash amiibo?
I'll only focus on the main Amiibo and forget about the alts. I have no money for all six.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
UK gifts company Paladone has landed the Game Boy license, and I thought that you guys might like to see one of the new items that they've introduced;

It's a notebook with a lenticular "animated" screen. Whilst it doesn't feature Daisy directly, the image is taken from Super Mario Land, which was her debut game, and from a moment shortly before you get to see your first fake-Daisy - which as we all know, was quite a surprising twist at the time!

Have anyone decided on which reveal trailer would be the best to use several pages ago?

Since I contributed one, I don't think I should get any say, here.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I might add yours to the OP unless anyone objects and want theirs to be featured.
Well, mine was inspired by what Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 wrote, and used it as a jumping-off point, to be fair. Honestly, they're all different takes on Daisy - perhaps including all of them is best?

Love the Game Boy and Super Mario Land love. That's nice.
There's a few other items, as well, but I'm pretty sure that the notebook is the only one with the boss image on it. Others have either nothing, Super Mario Land's title screen, or an image from Super Mario Land 2.

That said, I did just find out that the heat-change mug does feature Daisy on the back!

This is the official promotional video, complete with Birabuto music. :grin:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, mine was inspired by what Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 wrote, and used it as a jumping-off point, to be fair. Honestly, they're all different takes on Daisy - perhaps including all of them is best?

There's a few other items, as well, but I'm pretty sure that the notebook is the only one with the boss image on it. Others have either nothing, Super Mario Land's title screen, or an image from Super Mario Land 2.

That said, I did just find out that the heat-change mug does feature Daisy on the back!

o-o I want that mug....xD It's GENIUS!

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Sorry wallet, you're just going to have to suffer more after your Amiibo draining.

Gotta buy them all.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I can try adding them all, but I don't want to risk crashing the OP again like what happened in the old Daisy tread. We do not want a repeat of that again.

Maybe move them in the second part with the movesets?

And color me impressed with that merchandise. Too bad I have little intention of importing them.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Maybe move them in the second part with the movesets?
I reckon that would work.

And color me impressed with that merchandise. Too bad I have little intention of importing them.
Oh, don't worry about that - Paladone exports to numerous countries. Some stores in the US carry their merchandise, so you might well see it somewhere locally at some point!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Man, I've seen the Smash Emblem-art on Twitter and now I want to make an Oni Savage Daisy.
I have seen them and I dare say that class fits her well.

No. I know that this is a joke, but Gold Mario (who is a skin) is all we'll ever get.

I'll only focus on the main Amiibo and forget about the alts. I have no money for all six.
I think you all know which one I am getting so I'll spare you the headache of telling you guys, maybe I'll try getting an :4link: amiibo in the meantime.

Last edited:
Top Bottom