• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Don't get your hopes high on that last mystery Smash series Amiibo being a new character. Let's just say that the bias is still real with a certain series.
My apologies for going off-topic for a moment, here, but there's no proof of that, if I've seen the same thing that you've seen (a random Twitter posting). Quite the opposite, going by official literature.

EDIT: I take that back. I've just been shown the proof. :rolleyes: That's very disappointing.

Even if Daisy will have yet another small role again, we will be fine with it.
Actually, there's a question, albeit a slightly defeatist one. :laugh: If Daisy did, unfortunately, get a small role, what would you guys settle for? :p

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Actually, there's a question, albeit a slightly defeatist one. :laugh: If Daisy did, unfortunately, get a small role, what would you guys settle for? :p
Assist Trophy.

At least she's feel right at home next to Waluigi.

Or even a detailed alt for Peach (not a lazy recolor like previous games).

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Hello Han-Ames? How were you?

We are just sitting here waiting for Smash Switch to be a thing. Even if Daisy will have yet another small role again, we will be fine with it.

Don't get your hopes high on that last mystery Smash series Amiibo being a new character. Let's just say that the bias is still real with a certain series.
Doing fine, busy as usual.

Even though bias is still a thing, it's still too early for any major speculation to happen, BUT nonetheless, a lot can still happen. I still wouldn't be bummed out if Daisy just had like a 'shred' of representation because, a little goes a long way nowadays in our fandom. Assist Trophy, detailed alt for Peach, etc. In Sm4sh, we already got the Daisy headgear, and that in itself goes a long way. So, if this new Smash Switch capitalizes off of that, then that'll be sweet!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
An Assist Trophy would be nice since it would show off some of her best abilities. But then again, that would kill most of your following and be a waste of potential (*cough* Takamaru *cough* *cough* Saki *cough* Ghirahim *cough*).

Like I've said before DLC ever happened, I feel an alt would be just as fine. Sure it capitalizes on the "OoC clone" notion like [redacted] talked about, but it would definitely be acceptable if Alph supporters are fine with what they got.

And I would take that "two Corrin Amiibos" rumor with a grain of salt. Sure the female is poouar, but would people seriously want another reminder of why Fire Emblem is so overrepresentatives in Smash? It would be a poor marketing move to do that.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
And I would take that "two Corrin Amiibos" rumor with a grain of salt. Sure the female is poouar, but would people seriously want another reminder of why Fire Emblem is so overrepresentatives in Smash? It would be a poor marketing move to do that.
It's not a rumour - it's been proven via datamining. Basically, some recent and upcoming games that support Corrin have code pointing to a specific variant version for Female Corrin.

Like I've said before DLC ever happened, I feel an alt would be just as fine. Sure it capitalizes on the "OoC clone" notion like [redacted] talked about, but it would definitely be acceptable if Alph supporters are fine with what they got.
Ah, well, if we're talking a playable small role, yeah, I'd be fine with the alt route as well. I didn't think of that when I asked the original question, and actually meant non-playable stuff. :laugh:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
An Assist Trophy would be nice since it would show off some of her best abilities. But then again, that would kill most of your following and be a waste of potential (*cough* Takamaru *cough* *cough* Saki *cough* Ghirahim *cough*).

I wouldn't say that, remember the same thing happened with Little Mac? Sure he had a new game afterwards, but the Assist Trophy never really killed off his fandom and show off a good deal of attacks that would make it to his moveset. So Daisy being an Assist Trophy wouldn't do any severe damage at all.

Still didn't stop us from getting 6 Fire Emblem reps. It was the designer's fault for getting interested in Corrin and Sakurai getting pressured by Intelligent Systems to push that great promotional DLC character Even then, I feel another Amiibo for Corrin would be a waste and that's not because of my dislike of the female design's overrated following (Male >>>>>>>>>> Female).

Anyone else disappointed that we ever got Amiibo for the Koopalings by now? Even I would settle for the Super Mario Series ones if we will never the get the Smash versions. IF the Female Corrin is real, then that would rub a lot of salt on the wounds of Koopaling fans.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Anyone else disappointed that we ever got Amiibo for the Koopalings by now? Even I would settle for the Super Mario Series ones if we will never the get the Smash versions. IF the Female Corrin is real, then that would rub a lot of salt on the wounds of Koopaling fans.
Yeah, I've been disappointed in that for a long time, and I'm even more disappointed by it now.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's not a rumour - it's been proven via datamining. Basically, some recent and upcoming games that support Corrin have code pointing to a specific variant version for Female Corrin.
It would be strange if there are both gender options for Corrin and not for Robin. That would be some serious Fates pandering when Awakening was the true savior of the franchise. But I'd rather not talk about cospicary theories of favoritism for any Fire Emblem series just because of Amiibo functionality.

I wouldn't say that, remember the same thing happened with Little Mac? Sure he had a new game afterwards, but the Assist Trophy never really killed off his fandom and show off a good deal of attacks that would make it to his moveset. So Daisy being an Assist Trophy wouldn't do any severe damage at all.

Still didn't stop us from getting 6 Fire Emblem reps. It was the designer's fault for getting interested in Corrin and Sakurai getting pressured by Intelligent Systems to push that great promotional DLC character Even then, I feel another Amiibo for Corrin would be a waste and that's not because of my dislike of the female design's overrated following (Male >>>>>>>>>> Female).

Are you sure about that? Because a lot of followings for certain Assist Trophies pretty much died since the they got deconfirmed. Ghirahim and Takamaru's followings used to be big and look where they are now. Punch Out Wii pretty much gave the Little Mac supporters hope that he would be a likely addition for Smash. So there's no doubt an Assits Trophy for Daisy would definitely kill off most of her Smash following (to the displeasure of some).

Honestly, I'd rather take Amiibo of the Koopalings over Fates pandering any day. But unfortunately, our best bet would be a Super Mario Series Amiibo for the Koopalings over Smash. Which raises the question, why did it never never happen yet? You would think Nintendo would capitalize on their popularity after the countless New Super Mario Bros roles for them.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That's... Hmmm...

SAKURAI! Can we have characters plz? Plz...?

New Weapons Soldier, take it away! (headphone warning)

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
tbh, I'd be fine with her just getting a couple of trophies again. I'm of the mind that characters as alts should be used sparingly, so I'd rather keep the Daisy inspired recolor we already have. Maybe an AT could work and I'm curious how they'd go about it, but again, I'd rather they not use her for that. Last but not least would be as a Mii costume. That, I'd be perfectly fine with.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Ah, well, if we're talking a playable small role, yeah, I'd be fine with the alt route as well. I didn't think of that when I asked the original question, and actually meant non-playable stuff. :laugh:
Really? They are catering to all those who want a female Corrin amiibo but not those who want a certain Koopaling amiibo?

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Really? They are catering to all those who want a female Corrin amiibo but not those who want a certain Koopaling amiibo?
Making Corrin male by default was a stupid idea to begin with. FCorrin is arguably much more popular than the Koopalings too. There's also the argument that FCorrin and MCorrin are technically the same character, but the Koopalings are 7 different characters.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Ninty would probably make more money making and selling a FCorrin amiibo than making 7 different Koopalings.
I would imagine that that's unlikely, considering that much of the market for Amiibo is still viewing them as a collectible item, rather than as a game accessory, and classic Nintendo characters have proven to be very popular in that regard.

EDIT: Just adding a 2015 article to back that up.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
I would imagine that that's unlikely, considering that much of the market for Amiibo is still viewing them as a collectible item, rather than as a game accessory, and classic Nintendo characters have proven to be very popular in that regard.

EDIT: Just adding a 2015 article to back that up.
Oh, well then I guess I don't have an answer on why FCorrin was chosen and not the Koopalings, I'm just super glad I can get a Corrin amiibo I like. They gotta do it for Robin next.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Oh, well then I guess I don't have an answer on why FCorrin was chosen and not the Koopalings,
It's certainly very odd, especially when factoring in the fact that the other problem they've had with driving adoption of Amiibo as game accessories, has been due to lapsed gamers buying Amiibo of famous characters they remember from the old days for nostalgia's sake. A lot of sales were coming from that, and I'd imagine they still are, judging by which characters seem to be evergreen in sales.

I'm just super glad I can get a Corrin amiibo I like. They gotta do it for Robin next.
Or the Koopalings? Or male Wii Fit Trainer? Or wireframe Little Mac, since Little Mac has sixteen alts, with half of them being wireframe? ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, well then I guess I don't have an answer on why FCorrin was chosen and not the Koopalings, I'm just super glad I can get a Corrin amiibo I like. They gotta do it for Robin next.
I'd imagine they are holding back because there is only one game where the Koopalings are playable to begin with and that is Mario Kart 8. While Fire Emblem Echoes is at least capitalizing on new Amiibo functionality (IF the doing is to believed that it will be a new separate Amiibo). Which also raises the question, why not have a Female Robin too.

No matter, we probably have a long while to wait until Super Mario Series Season 3 is a thing for new Mario Amiibo.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
No matter, we probably have a long while to wait until Super Mario Series Season 3 is a think for new Mario Amiibo.
Well, at least we've already got Daisy. :grin: I hope we'll see some interesting support for her Amiibo in the future, as well as, with any luck, a Smash Daisy Amiibo somewhere along the line.

It doesn't matter that, if that happened, both my Super Mario Series Daisy and my Smash Daisy would be housing Smash AIs. I still want to see it. :laugh:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Mario season 3, besides Bowser jr and the koopalings, who else would there be?

Only ones with regular spin-off appearances I can think of are Toadette, Petey Piranha, Birdo and Shy Guys.

Maybe Dr Mario as he appears in his own games?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of Mario season 3, besides Bowser jr and the koopalings, who else would there be?

Only ones with regular spin-off appearances I can think of are Toadette, Petey Piranha, Birdo and Shy Guys.

Meanwhile, @WeirdChillFever is crying about you forgetting that Nabbit exists.

Even though he still needs more playable appearances when it's too late for Mario & Sonic Amiibo functionality.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Why not Dry Bones, Hammer Bros as well to name a few?
Still rather disappointed that we get a female variation of Corrin as an amiibo, I personally would have preferred A Witch with No Memories Bayonetta or Advent Children Cloud, especially the later but oh well, can't always have what you want can you?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Why not Dry Bones, Hammer Bros as well to name a few?
Still rather disappointed that we get a female variation of Corrin as an amiibo, I personally would have preferred A Witch with No Memories Bayonetta or Advent Children Cloud, especially the later but oh well, can't always have what you want can you?
I just hope the FFVII remake does end up coming to the Switch. Maybe we can get a whole FFVII amiibo line featuring cross-dressing Cloud and wheelchair Cloud

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Speaking of Mario Amiibo, how much you bet they will make ones of Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach? :troll:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Speaking of Mario Amiibo, how much you bet they will make ones of Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach? :troll:
I mean we already have Gold and Silver Mario, so I wouldn't put it past them. Amiibo is one of the few places where I actually wouldn't mind it as much. A Power-Up amiibo line would actually be kind of neat. Probably the only way I'd take Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach outside of the games the power-ups are actually in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Never underestimate Nintendo when we did get Silver, Golden, and two pixel versions of Mario before.

Actually, that would be pretty cool if it also gives them the idea to create a Honey Queen Amiibo. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But would you all be willing to buy Baby amiibo? :troll:
Only the OG Yoshi's Island babies (Mario and Luigi) would interest me.

And maybe Baby Daisy as an extra. I would care less for the others.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Never underestimate Nintendo when we did get Silver, Golden, and two pixel versions of Mario before.

Actually, that would be pretty cool if it also gives them the idea to create a Honey Queen Amiibo. :troll:
I thought you hated Honey Queen.

Or Pink Gold Peach makes you miss her alot. :p

But would you all be willing to buy Baby amiibo? :troll:
Ooooooooh, give me Baby Peach and Baby Daisy. I wouldn't also mind Baby Mario and Luigi either.

Anything but Baby Wario. :urg:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
The way you imagined Daisy sounds like a character that shares some similarities with Game & Watch and Snake. I DO agree that we should use a Daisy where she's most prominent in...Sports and Party Games.

I've been thinking that her 'A' moves can be her tough, tomboy stuff, while her 'B' moves can be her sport/dice block shenanigans. The thing is, I just don't want Daisy to be just another vanilla character. I want her to have a certain gimmick to her style, like how Shulk, Cloud, Little Mac, etc has, and the idea with the dice blocks seems pretty plausible, as it can grant her some random / unpredictable options, and possibly even give her some burst movement options. So she seems like an interesting character already; just adding my thoughts to it since I can identify with it...

...or if all else fails, just luigify her. OH, and long time no see, guys!
Game and Watch? yeah i can see it. :p
but Yeah i totally agree, Her normals would HAVE to be punches and elbows. lol. I feel like her A button target combo would be a three hit sequence that ends in a elbow drop. seems like something she'd do idk why. I think Wrestling moves just suit her and can be comedic also.
Now i'm imagining her Fthrow, in contrast to Peach's. (Initial grab animation Would be her holding up characters off their feet grabbing them by their 'collars' like a bully,and head-buts for pummeling lmao) then a meaty Gut-Punch instead of a slap. Would be cute.

Yooo i just thought of her taunt being her turning into various enemies from Super Mario land for a moment then back into herself.
Ugh why isn't she in yet? lol

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You know what I hope for on the Switch? For there to be a Mario Party game who's sole gimmick is a mode where you pass the one controller around. Heck, it may not even need that as the Switch has two controllers with it at all times.

I just want the tired and true formula or four players move on a board, then minigame, and the guy who gets the swap stars chance time gets kicked in the shins.

Why did they switch to cars? Who was asking for that?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know what I hope for on the Switch? For there to be a Mario Party game who's sole gimmick is a mode where you pass the one controller around. Heck, it may not even need that as the Switch has two controllers with it at all times.

I just want the tired and true formula or four players move on a board, then minigame, and the guy who gets the swap stars chance time gets kicked in the shins.

Why did they switch to cars? Who was asking for that?
The car was probably a way to spice things up, but at the cost of no free control and making things too fair. Thus killing the series' reputation of destroying friendships. That's my main gripe with recent Mario Parties.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The car was probably a way to spice things up, but at the cost of no free control and making things too fair. Thus killing the series' reputation of destroying friendships. That's my main gripe with recent Mario Parties.
In the same way Siper-Man games keep simplifying the controls when the involved swinging mechanics were what made Spider-Man 2 fun in the first place?

Top Bottom