• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
You know what I hope for on the Switch? For there to be a Mario Party game who's sole gimmick is a mode where you pass the one controller around. Heck, it may not even need that as the Switch has two controllers with it at all times.

I just want the tired and true formula or four players move on a board, then minigame, and the guy who gets the swap stars chance time gets kicked in the shins.

Why did they switch to cars? Who was asking for that?
They did because according to the new developers, our actions didn't influence others located further on the board much unless we landed certain spaces, thus they decided for what we have now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They did because according to the new developers, our actions didn't influence others located further on the board much unless we landed certain spaces, thus they decided for what we have now.
So it's like Sonic Lost World where the developers set out to solve problems that nobody had an issue with in the first place.

They're going back to the old system with Sonic Forces so there may be hope yet.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
So it's like Sonic Lost World where the developers set out to solve problems that nobody had an issue with in the first place.

They're going back to the old system with Sonic Forces so there may be hope yet.
My only gripe is that why don't we have more playable characters outside of Modern and Classic Sonic?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Man, if I was Youtuber I could get a whole Top 10 out of games that threw away a perfectly good formula.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Good Mario Party is long dead.

I just want the series to go back to its old roots as much as you, Guybrush. It's far more frustrating than how rushed of a game Ultra Smash was.

I would say the same thing for Paper Mario, but the chances of that happening is far less likely given recent events and PR talk.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Good Mario Party is long dead.

I just want the series to go back to its old roots as much as you, Guybrush. It's far more frustrating than how rushed of a game Ultra Smash was.

I would say the same thing for Paper Mario, but the chances of that happening is far less likely given recent events and PR talk.
I mean why did they have to make these changes? It only made everything worse, just talking about it makes me wanna buy a N64 and search for the first 3 Mario Party just to relive the good old days of partying.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I mean why did they have to make these changes? It only made everything worse, just talking about it makes me wanna buy a N64 and search for the first 3 Mario Party just to relive the good old days of partying.
Probably a bunch of weenies that found the games too unfair and salt inducing. Hell, my brother always wanted to be on the same team as me because he hates the idea of losing. No matter the Mario Party.

Looks like I know who to blame: people like him.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Probably a bunch of weenies that found the games too unfair and salt inducing. Hell, my brother always wanted to be on the same team as me because he hates the idea of losing. No matter the Mario Party.

Looks like I know who to blame: people like him.
I won't lie, I had my fair share of salt when something wacky happened to me or I was just losing in general, but I always wanted to keep playing because I had so much fun with others and that's what counts for me.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
And here's where I must confess that I've yet to play a Mario Party game. Any recommendations on where to start? I've seen a decent amount of footage over the years of all the games via various YT channels, and so far 2, 4, and 6 are the one's that interest me most. 2 for the novelty of the costumes, 6 for the night/day mechanic, and 4 just because I like the number 4...
At the same time I'm still interested in giving one of the newer games a shot since I don't have the experience of having played anything from the "good ol' days". In concept alone, I do think the old games are better, but I still want to give the new stuff a chance at least.

Luminario

Smash Lord
And here's where I must confess that I've yet to play a Mario Party game. Any recommendations on where to start? I've seen a decent amount of footage over the years of all the games via various YT channels, and so far 2, 4, and 6 are the one's that interest me most. 2 for the novelty of the costumes, 6 for the night/day mechanic, and 4 just because I like the number 4...
At the same time I'm still interested in giving one of the newer games a shot since I don't have the experience of having played anything from the "good ol' days". In concept alone, I do think the old games are better, but I still want to give the new stuff a chance at least.
4,5, and 6 are ones I can easily vouch for. The minigames are great and the boards are super fun. Haven't played 2 yet but the costumes are really something they need to bring back cause everyone loves them.

Honestly the saltiness of losing all your stars because a **** move made by a friend helps you grow as a person. Has anyone actually spoken out in favour of the car? I can't think of a single instance where someone has preferred it.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Also I made some garbage MS Paint mock-ups of Daisy recolors. Used her Itadaki Street art as the base.
daisy classic.png

Didn't change the crown's color because it looked really weird.

daisy peach blonde.png

Aside from these two I'd imagine she'd maybe also have colors based on Mario & Luigi which would double as Red & Green Team Colors. A Gameboy Grayscale would probably be good as well. Any other color ideas that could reference something? I do plan on doing the Mario, Luigi, and GB one's, and perhaps Waluigi and Rosalina colors but I'm not sure if they'd be fitting. Whatever the case, I plan on doing a full set of 8. I just wish I had the skill to do stuff like the renders in the OP ;-;

Last edited:

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
They still show her possibilities on recolors though. Mario Party 1-7 is a good range of course while 8 and DS are fine as well. I'd recommend starting with a simpler edition like 2, 3, or 4. Those 3 are the most formulaic outside of 1 (don't start with 1 since you might hurt your fingers or palm with control stick spinning). 5, 6, and 7 are good too (7 is my favorite) with 7 having the most content without motion controls. 6 is more like a poor man's 7 nowadays. So 2, 3, 4, 5, or 7 are good starting points overall.

In regards to this thread, I still support the character but not as much as my top 10 (she's a top 15 pick for me). I support her for her athletic, outgoing aspect of her mostly.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
They still show her possibilities on recolors though. Mario Party 1-7 is a good range of course while 8 and DS are fine as well. I'd recommend starting with a simpler edition like 2, 3, or 4. Those 3 are the most formulaic outside of 1 (don't start with 1 since you might hurt your fingers or palm with control stick spinning). 5, 6, and 7 are good too (7 is my favorite) with 7 having the most content without motion controls. 6 is more like a poor man's 7 nowadays. So 2, 3, 4, 5, or 7 are good starting points overall.

In regards to this thread, I still support the character but not as much as my top 10 (she's a top 15 pick for me). I support her for her athletic, outgoing aspect of her mostly.
Added you.

Yes. Avoid one at all costs unless you use a glove since the boosters you would get from those rotation mini games are a ***** to play. Nintendo really should have warned people to use their fingers with those mini games before they've gotten sued.

I can't really speak for 6, but I did like the Day and Night gimmick and microphone introduced in that game. And I'll assume that they've improved both features and the mini games in 7 (A Mario Party that I never got to play).

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo really should have warned people to use their fingers with those mini games before they've gotten sued.
I think it's safe to assume that they thought that people would simply use the controllers normally, as they do for all other games, rather than injuring themselves. :laugh:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What I liked about Mario Party 5 was you could make EVERY item into a space for free or use it yourself for money. And then they dialled it back in the later releases. I liked the strat play.

Luminario

Smash Lord
What I liked about Mario Party 5 was you could make EVERY item into a space for free or use it yourself for money. And then they dialled it back in the later releases. I liked the strat play.
All the boards were pretty quality too and had good gimmicks that didn't severely disrupt the flow of the game
This one was my fave though:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
> Mario Party 5

Now that is a good game from the past that I'd like to play again. The capsules and level design were perfect in that game. Now I want GameCube Virtual Console to be a thing.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Just read the OP... I'm like, what? Why'd you make Daisy so freakish and mean?

I wasn't gonna protest Daisy but you lost me after dissing on Rosalina so hard with that reveal trailer idea. No way I'm gonna let her splatter cake all over my Rosamama's beautiful dress and drag her through the mud. That isn't gonna fly with me. Get wrecked, Daisy.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Are Daisy supporters really upset that Rosalina got in before Daisy...? I really can't imagine how.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Are Daisy supporters really upset that Rosalina got in before Daisy...? I really can't imagine how.
TBH I was a bit thrown off that she got in before Daisy as she was a newer character but it's obvious in hindsight. And as with all fandoms there'll be some that declare war on ANY character that gets in before their pick does. I can't name names lest I get a warning.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Yeah, why is that reveal trailer idea in the OP? It feels very hostile. There's like no character in smash 4 as unique as Rosaluma, and we don't need to bash her to bring Daisy higher. The 3 Mario crowned royals can all live in harmony~

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I agree. I hadn't bothered to read the trailer idea but it seems like an unnecessary jab at Rosalina fans and seemingly out of character for Daisy. We haven't seen the two interact in any games as far as I can remember, but we've no reason to believe that they're on bad terms. If anything the trailer just seems to be for the purpose of spite on the impression that Rosalina didn't deserve to get in before Daisy or stole her spot, or something along those lines. If such a trailer were to actually be made, it'd just make people like Daisy even less. I think the general consensus as Daisy fans is getting more people to like or at least be accepting of the character, not increase the unwarranted hate she already gets.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I agree. I hadn't bothered to read the trailer idea but it seems like an unnecessary jab at Rosalina fans and seemingly out of character for Daisy. We haven't seen the two interact in any games as far as I can remember, but we've no reason to believe that they're on bad terms. If anything the trailer just seems to be for the purpose of spite on the impression that Rosalina didn't deserve to get in before Daisy or stole her spot, or something along those lines. If such a trailer were to actually be made, it'd just make people like Daisy even less. I think the general consensus as Daisy fans is getting more people to like or at least be accepting of the character, not increase the unwarranted hate she already gets.
Yeah, why is that reveal trailer idea in the OP? It feels very hostile. There's like no character in smash 4 as unique as Rosaluma, and we don't need to bash her to bring Daisy higher. The 3 Mario crowned royals can all live in harmony~
Just read the OP... I'm like, what? Why'd you make Daisy so freakish and mean?

I wasn't gonna protest Daisy but you lost me after dissing on Rosalina so hard with that reveal trailer idea. No way I'm gonna let her splatter cake all over my Rosamama's beautiful dress and drag her through the mud. That isn't gonna fly with me. Get wrecked, Daisy.

Whoops, let me delete that. I've forgotten that was made in the dark days when someone used to be with us. It was mostly his idea and I should have known better than to keep it.

That was an oversight on my part and O deeply apologize. Anything else that should be changed or removed?

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
TBH I was a bit thrown off that she got in before Daisy as she was a newer character but it's obvious in hindsight. And as with all fandoms there'll be some that declare war on ANY character that gets in before their pick does. I can't name names lest I get a warning.
Greninja - Mewtwo was a thing I was quite upset about to be quite honest.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
My head is stinging and my fingers feel roasting sausages, but can say this while my vision is still blurry.

Just remove any and everything that is offending and make sure that OP is all you and not "the forbidden one". Also, please leave all things in the past where they belong or even in Count Bleck's Void for it to be long forgotten. Talk of forbidden inidividuals are better off kept in PM's where they belong.

I'll just make like a Pionpi and leave before I wind up coughing my liver out my mouth.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just when things couldn't go from bad to worse. Let me reason with her since I'm the only one she listens to.

My head is stinging and my fingers feel roasting sausages, but can say this while my vision is still blurry.

Just remove any and everything that is offending and make sure that OP is all you and not "the forbidden one". Also, please leave all things in the past where they belong or even in Count Bleck's Void for it to be long forgotten. Talk of forbidden inidividuals are better off kept in PM's where they belong.

I'll just make like a Pionpi and leave before I wind up coughing my liver out my mouth.

What are you doing here? Shouldn't you focus on getting nursed back to health? Go get some rest and don't come back until you are far more healthier. With those exaggerated statements, I can tell you are far from a good health position to be here (As if yesterday's visit wasn't enough). You don't see me using cellphones while I was sick and I make sure not to do anything that adds the lick of stress. Just let people like Zebei do their job and please take better care of your body. And this is a little something call responsibility.

New topic, anyone have any ideas of a far more respectable and tame reveal trailer?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just when things couldn't go from bad to worse. Let me reason with her since I'm the only one she listens to.

What are you doing here? Shouldn't you focus on getting nursed back to health? Go get some rest and don't come back until you are far more healthier. With those exaggerated statements, I can tell you are far from a good health position to be here (As if yesterday's visit wasn't enough). You don't see me using cellphones while I was sick and I make sure not to do anything that adds the lick of stress. Just let people like Zebei do their job and please take better care of your body. And this is a little something call responsibility.

New topic, anyone have any ideas of a far more respectable and tame reveal trailer?
Footage of Peach and Rosalina racing in Mario Kart, neck and neck when suddenly BLUE SHELL and Daisy races through. May take a while to set up.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Footage of Peach and Rosalina racing in Mario Kart, neck and neck when suddenly BLUE SHELL and Daisy races through. May take a while to set up.
The real question would be which target will the Blue Shell hit? The explosion definitely makes it possible to hurt multiple targets.

A harmless competitive Mario Kart race between then would definitely be a far better set up. We would rather not step into Sakurai's shoes like turning Chrom into a butt monkey.

This will be interesting.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Go on, nothing's wrong with naming a few thumbnails of ideas.
Alright, I'll give it a go. :laugh:

So, we've got the Mario Kart setup that Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 described, above. As the princesses race off into the distance, we cut away to a fight elsewhere, on a Mario Kart stage, with a couple of other Nintendo royals - Bowser, and Dedede.

Suddenly, someone sends the soccer ball item hurtling into the ongoing battle - and it smacks Dedede in the face, since he's always good for a hilarious facial-expression.

The camera quickly zooms over to the off-screen newcomer, who had obviously been racing to get here: "Hi, I'm Daisy!", she cheerfully proclaims (presumably because this is a taunt), followed by an introductory tagline. You'll have to imagine one, because I can't think of a good one. :laugh:

Then you've got the customary showing of moves, and the first one has to be a reference to Daisy punching Bowser skyward in the Mario Party series. It'd be fun to have all of Daisy's opponents/team-mates* be royal characters, here.

*For example, Daisy, Peach, and Rosalina could be shown in a team battle against Bowser, Bowser Jr., and K. Rool, or suchlike.

And that's about it.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Whoops, let me delete that. I've forgotten that was made in the dark days when someone used to be with us. It was mostly his idea and I should have known better than to keep it.

That was an oversight on my part and O deeply apologize. Anything else that should be changed or removed?
Everything else is A-Okay~ It was just that specific part that reeked of Rosalina saltiness.
I got an idea~
The scene starts off with the camera focusing on the seemingly empty interior of Peach's castle with rather bleak lighting. Suddenly, Mario comes flying over from the side hitting off the floor hard, looking pretty much knocked out. The camera then pans up and to the right slightly to see Peach looking over at Mario with a distraught expression on her face. The camera then cuts to the front of Peach looking at the other side where Luigi lies unconscious and then finally the camera turns around to reveal that the attacker is none other than Bowser. Peach holds her frying pan out in front of her, scared but clearly ready to take him on in a fight. Bowser runs at her, she takes a battle ready stance, when an out-of-focus shadowy figure descends from above, halting Bowser in his tracks. As he looks at the figure with a shocked expression, the figure (who is out of frame) then punches Bowser straight in the face, shooting him upwards through the castle ceiling Team Rocket style. The camera then focuses on the front of the dress of the figure before quickly panning up to reveal the figure was Daisy, currently shaking her hand from the punch and looking triumphant. She says "COME ON!", strikes a battle ready pose, and freeze frames with the words "Daisy, ready to party". Then it cuts to moveset displays, references, and a lot of Peach and Daisy combos on Bowser. At the end of the video Bowser Jr along with the Koopalings are helping Bowser out of a warp pipe he's currently stuck in after falling from the sky.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's think Taglines!

Daisy blooms into battle!
Daisy drives into the fray!
Daisy uproots the competition!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alright, I'll give it a go. :laugh:

So, we've got the Mario Kart setup that Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 described, above. As the princesses race off into the distance, we cut away to a fight elsewhere, on a Mario Kart stage, with a couple of other Nintendo royals - Bowser, and Dedede.

Suddenly, someone sends the soccer ball item hurtling into the ongoing battle - and it smacks Dedede in the face, since he's always good for a hilarious facial-expression.

The camera quickly zooms over to the off-screen newcomer, who had obviously been racing to get here: "Hi, I'm Daisy!", she cheerfully proclaims (presumably because this is a taunt), followed by an introductory tagline. You'll have to imagine one, because I can't think of a good one. :laugh:

Then you've got the customary showing of moves, and the first one has to be a reference to Daisy punching Bowser skyward in the Mario Party series. It'd be fun to have all of Daisy's opponents/team-mates* be royal characters, here.

*For example, Daisy, Peach, and Rosalina could be shown in a team battle against Bowser, Bowser Jr., and K. Rool, or suchlike.

And that's about it.
The Dedede abuse is absolutely dededescusting. I love it!

The literal Battle Royal between the royal characters in the cast is another interesting set up she can be in.

Everything else is A-Okay~ It was just that specific part that reeked of Rosalina saltiness.

I got an idea~
The scene starts off with the camera focusing on the seemingly empty interior of Peach's castle with rather bleak lighting. Suddenly, Mario comes flying over from the side hitting off the floor hard, looking pretty much knocked out. The camera then pans up and to the right slightly to see Peach looking over at Mario with a distraught expression on her face. The camera then cuts to the front of Peach looking at the other side where Luigi lies unconscious and then finally the camera turns around to reveal that the attacker is none other than Bowser. Peach holds her frying pan out in front of her, scared but clearly ready to take him on in a fight. Bowser runs at her, she takes a battle ready stance, when an out-of-focus shadowy figure descends from above, halting Bowser in his tracks. As he looks at the figure with a shocked expression, the figure (who is out of frame) then punches Bowser straight in the face, shooting him upwards through the castle ceiling Team Rocket style. The camera then focuses on the front of the dress of the figure before quickly panning up to reveal the figure was Daisy, currently shaking her hand from the punch and looking triumphant. She says "COME ON!", strikes a battle ready pose, and freeze frames with the words "Daisy, ready to party". Then it cuts to moveset displays, references, and a lot of Peach and Daisy combos on Bowser. At the end of the video Bowser Jr along with the Koopalings are helping Bowser out of a warp pipe he's currently stuck in after falling from the sky.
And this one's another good idea too Luminario.

Of all references I'd like to see, it's definitely Bowser being one-shot by Daisy just like Mario Party 3. And I'm not against the Koopalings getting another active role in another Smash trailer, like interacting with the their boss/dad.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I really like this one. :laugh: That's just perfect, and it's so much better than the typical "[Character] [verbs] the battle!" efforts that sometimes do the rounds.

The Dedede abuse is absolutely dededescusting. I love it!
I could've used DK here, since he has similarly funny expressions, but I really wanted to go with the royal angle. Alas, sorry Dedede, you had to take a hit for this one. :laugh:

The literal Battle Royal between the royal characters in the cast is another interesting set up she can be in.
This is one of those things that I really want to do in Smash as it is, so it sprang to mind pretty quickly. :grin:

EDIT;

Splashscreen with the tagline
Hi, I'm
DAISY
Ok, this one got me, too. :laugh:

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Alternative tagline:
DAISY
Joins another spin-off!

Jokes aside, I do think that "Uproots the competition" is the best idea so far. Fits with her flower theme and somewhat implies her sporty/competitive nature.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
What if Wii Fit Trainer, Ness, Luigi, Falco and Mario are playing baseball and Ness scores a home-run as no one, not even the best jumpers in this company can catch the high-flying ball.
But then suddenly, a figure runs and jumps up to catch the ball.
As it lands, the field turns into a flowery field
The figure is then revealed to be Daisy, who throws up the ball tauntingly

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What if Wii Fit Trainer, Ness, Luigi, Falco and Mario are playing baseball and Ness scores a home-run as no one, not even the best jumpers in this company can't catch the high-flying ball.
But then suddenly, a figure runs and jumps up to catch the ball.
As it lands, the field turns into a flowery field
The figure is then revealed to be Daisy, who throws up the ball tauntingly
This is another good idea. Maybe I'm biased because I love to watch me some baseball and see some good references to Nario Superstar Baseball.

Splashscreen with the tagline
Hi, I'm
DAISY
LOL. That's all that needs to be said.

Let's think Taglines!

Daisy blooms into battle!
Daisy drives into the fray!
These are nice, but I like the first one more. Fits her flower motif a lot.

Here's another good one I have.

Daisy sprouts into the scene!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Added you.

Yes. Avoid one at all costs unless you use a glove since the boosters you would get from those rotation mini games are a ***** to play. Nintendo really should have warned people to use their fingers with those mini games before they've gotten sued.

I can't really speak for 6, but I did like the Day and Night gimmick and microphone introduced in that game. And I'll assume that they've improved both features and the mini games in 7 (A Mario Party that I never got to play).
Reminds me of all the times I spinned my control stick like a mad man to win those Thug-o-War and Paddle Battle mini games :laugh:.

Top Bottom