• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'm probably getting the Spla2n Boy and Squid amiibo (already have OG Inkling Girl)
The Links aren't worth my money and I think the Corn amiibo will be very ugly in its mass-produced form

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Which costume should Daisy have?

All of the above! :grin:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Which costume should Daisy have?

All of the above! :grin:
That would be a programmer's nightmare. :laugh:

Though you do have a point that all of them are good enough. In a perfect world, we would get all of them. Though we would realistically only get two given Little Mac, Shulk, Olimar, Bowser Jr., Wario, and Zero Suit Samus's selection.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
That would be a programmer's nightmare. :laugh:

Though you do have a point that all of them are good enough. In a perfect world, we would get all of them. Though we would realistically only get two given Little Mac, Shulk, Olimar, Bowser Jr., Wario, and Zero Suit Samus's selection.
Well in that Case, her sports Outfit with her Strikers uniform has an alt.

Luminario

Smash Lord
How Daisy dresses will probably depend on how her dress in incorporated into her moveset. It's like how people ask for biker Peach as an alt but that would never happen thanks to her dsmash relying on the end of the dress and how bair uses the dress' bell shape as the appearance of the hitbox.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How Daisy dresses will probably depend on how her dress in incorporated into her moveset. It's like how people ask for biker Peach as an alt but that would never happen thanks to her dsmash relying on the end of the dress and how bair uses the dress' bell shape as the appearance of the hitbox.
Another reason why we probably will never get Strikers alts for Bowser and Peach. Hitbox and programming.

That's probably a good reason why you suggested the idea of Daisy having a more torn dress for more leg room. The bell shape hitbox and structure would definitely interfere with the sports outfit or Strikers leg attacks.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
YES!
I did something productive with my time yesterday and made the Oni Savage Smash Emblem Daisy I promised.
Now that I think about it Dancer would fit better but ehhh

Anyway here it is
Ignore some lines, my eraser is trash tier quality.

image.jpg

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Another reason why we probably will never get Strikers alts for Bowser and Peach. Hitbox and programming.

That's probably a good reason why you suggested the idea of Daisy having a more torn dress for more leg room. The bell shape hitbox and structure would definitely interfere with the sports outfit or Strikers leg attacks.
Hey, the torn dress isn't a bad idea at all as it emphasizes on her sassy attitude.
YES!
I did something productive with my time yesterday and made the Oni Savage Smash Emblem Daisy I promised.

Anyway here it is

Nice. In such a short time as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
YES!

Anyway here it is

Nice job on the design.

Even her abs are flat as Rinkah's. :troll:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyone read Japanese? The Japanese site for Mario in general added character bios for the 9 main characters minus Donkey Kong.

Google translate doesn't work because most of the text is custom images.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well in that Case, her sports Outfit with her Strikers uniform has an alt.
No but that is not Daisy, that character is explicitly Daisy In Her SPORTS Outfit... it's like you never read Gamefaqs. :rolleyes:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, that's because memoryman's there.

But yeah, in a way they'd be different characters as DIHSO would be able to perform moves Dress Daisy can't.
DIHSO wouldn't be a Mario character then I assume? Cause Mario and kin are represented by a Mushroom, but I guess DIHSO could have a SPORTS Outfit Emblem?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes she'd have a Golf club as her logo as Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour is an all-star game that needs its own character to represent it
Yo yo yo wait up! Mario Power Tennis was also amazing! As was Strikers... So why not a golf club crossed with a tennis racket, and a football like the sort in Strikers underneath it!? I think that would be the best representation of Dai... I mean, DIHSO!

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yo yo yo wait up! Mario Power Tennis was also amazing! As was Strikers... So why not a golf club crossed with a tennis racket, and a football like the sort in Strikers underneath it!? I think that would be the best representation of Dai... I mean, DIHSO!
No Mario Power Tennis is so good of a game it needs to be represented by Tennis Cannon Bowser

Luminario

Smash Lord
We going for a sort of Deathly Hallows insignia here? :awesome: the racket, basball bat, and golf club make up the triangle with the football as the circle and the number 1 as the centre line to reference the worst roll of a Mario Party dice?

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Daisy gets in, it should be as a gladiator warrior based on the 1989 TV series "American Gladiator."

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
If Daisy gets in, it should be as a gladiator warrior based on the 1989 TV series "American Gladiator."
That one? Wouldn't be too bad, when you look at it.

So, does anybody have any hope regarding E3? While I wouldn't bet on anything major, just a teaser would do it for me.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be out next Friday and we all know that's going to be big. Meanwhile, everyone is calling Metacritic bull**** just because a "lazy port" got a 94 score. It's like people fail to realize that Mario Kart would sell no matter what. They just can't be satisfied.

That one? Wouldn't be too bad, when you look at it.

So, does anybody have any hope regarding E3? While I wouldn't bet on anything major, just a teaser would do it for me.
Eh. I doubt we will get anything more than PR stuff just like what happened with E3 2012.

I would be pleasantly surpass if we get a trailer. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be out next Friday and we all know that's going to be big. Meanwhile, everyone is calling Metacritic bull**** just because a "lazy port" got a 94 score. It's like people fail to realize that Mario Kart would sell no matter what. They just can't be satisfied.
If anything the original was the lazy one.

"Eh, we'll skip the arenas. Nobody likes battle mode that much right?"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Basically. Battle Mode just isn't Battle Mode when you have to chase someone down a track just to pop balloons. That's why the restricted battlefields were for the better.

That's the only real flaw I've had with the original. Good thing I've traded it so I could get the Switch port.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Bingo. For me the original feels like a rushed game multiplayer wise. Thank goodness it was fixed this time around.

Eh. I doubt we will get anything more than PR stuff just like what happened with E3 2012.

I would be pleasantly surpass if we get a trailer. But I wouldn't bet on it.
Really? First BotW and now this? Do people really want to see the Switch fail that badly?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Bingo. For me the original feels like a rushed game multiplayer wise. Thank goodness it was fixed this time around.
Really? First BotW and now this? Do people really want to see the Switch fail that badly?
Apparently so, as a company they're perpetually Nintendoomed after all...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Apparently so, as a company they're perpetually Nintendoomed after all...
Haven't you heard, it's cool to **** on Nintendo because if the Wii U's failure and "muh gimmicks". But then again, Nintendo will do their own thing instead of being like the competition.

On topic, I'm ready for Mario Kart and can add any if you if you want a race. No need to be shy since I doubt many of you would play Puyo Puyo online. I know I'm ready to drive around in a GLA as Daisy.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Haven't you heard, it's cool to **** on Nintendo because if the Wii U's failure and "muh gimmicks". But then again, Nintendo will do their own thing instead of being like the competition.

On topic, I'm ready for Mario Kart and can add any if you if you want a race. No need to be shy since I doubt many of you would play Puyo Puyo online. I know I'm ready to drive around in a GLA as Daisy.
I'm down for some MK
On Wii U tho :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm down for some MK
On Wii U tho :p
Fair enough. I can respect that decision to stick with the Wii U version.

Meanwhile, I'm upgrading to the Switch baby.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Fair enough. I can respect that decision to stick with the Wii U version.

Meanwhile, I'm upgrading to the Switch baby.
I don't plan on sticking to the Wii U version. Just haven't gotten a Switch yet. I know a lot of people don't think double dipping is worth it, but it is to me. 8 was actually my first Mario Kart, and I just happen to jump in at the time that they got rid of Battle Mode. Pretty disappointed I didn't get to try one of the key components that people love about the series, but otherwise I had a blast. Knocked Sega All-Stars from it's spot as my favorite racing game for the time being.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

I don't even own MK8 on the Wii U, but I'll save bit by bit for a Switch so I can get into the action as well, Renegade Round Up is what caught my attention the most.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I don't plan on sticking to the Wii U version. Just haven't gotten a Switch yet. I know a lot of people don't think double dipping is worth it, but it is to me. 8 was actually my first Mario Kart, and I just happen to jump in at the time that they got rid of Battle Mode. Pretty disappointed I didn't get to try one of the key components that people love about the series, but otherwise I had a blast. Knocked Sega All-Stars from it's spot as my favorite racing game for the time being.
Even better, just take your time and you'll be there. The game line-up is still a bit slow and probably won't be a must buy until we get to the summer and winter. Right now, Breath of the Wild and maybe Mario Kart are the biggest titles for it.

So Mario Kart 8 is your first title? Hmm, maybe it wouldn't hurt for us to get GameCube Virtual Console. Double Dash is another good one that you need to try. Great Battle Mode and the character dual driving was the best mechanic introduced thus far. At least it's with us in spirit with Double Items on the Switch.

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
Mario Kart 8 is not a bad first title at all. It's a solid game which was improved with this Deluxe release. If you don't care about collecting, the Switch Deluxe version is the one to go for with the Wii U version as the overall cheaper one. But since the Switch is starting out strong, others might just migrate to the Deluxe version, so it might be a good idea to "switch" to the new one. I personally would've preferred a new MK instead, but that's the collector in me talking.

Mario Kart as a series basically improved as time went on. The first 2 or 3 games haven't aged well imo (these games are Super Mario Kart, MK 64, and MK Super Circuit btw). Mario Kart Double Dash (MKDD) is probably the most controversial entry since there are more people who either hate or love the game than there are people who have a moderate opinion of it. The main reasoning behind this is due to the driving mechanics being slightly different from the rest of the series. The drift is based on sliding immediately instead of hopping into a slide. There is a slight difficulty in execution since there is actually a way to avoid being hit by the blue shells. I personally like the game since I find learning and improving at the game to be rewarding, but it's one of the more difficult entries in the series just to point out. MK DS is the first "modern" entry with the introduction of retro tracks. It's solid, but the later entries kind of replace it imo. MK Wii is probably the most solid entry before 7 and 8. It has a good selection of tracks to drive on and the introduction of bikes was a nice touch. You also don't have to use the motion controls to play either (I'm saying this now since I somehow didn't figure it out when I was younger). MK 7 introduced the cart combination system with picking the body, the wheels, and the glider, and it has a decent selection of tracks as well. The main thing to keep in mind is that it's on the 3DS instead (depends on if you prefer console or handheld).

I recommend MK Wii and 7 aside from 8. If you don't mind putting time to learning the game, MKDD is very rewarding too. The first 2-3 games are mostly based on nostalgia, but MK 64 has a decent speedrunning scene at least.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
MKDS was my first MK and played it so much and with local multiplayer so thmmdespite MK8 being objectively better by a mile MK8 and MKDS are joint favourite. I had Wii before and still have 7.
(was sooooo disappointed they didn't redo Warios Galleon from 7 and instead all the ****ty courses, tho the DK stage is good. )

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
MKWii is the Ocarina of Time of Mario Karts: The most solid game in the new formula of games and even though it's as flawed as the games after it that tends to be forgotten due to solid gameplay and nostalgia.

Whine all you want about heavies and item balance in MK8, MKWiis bikes and wheelies were really dumb balance decisions as well.

MK8 would be Twilight Princess.
Visually stunning with more content but more flaws than the solid game, so people tend to like the solid game more.
Also people complain about both being slow.
Both got remade to fix some flaws.

Top Bottom