• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Funny how Poison Ivy's gameplay was only just shown and already she's a fighter archetype.
I think she was brought up as an example as opposed to being representative of the archetype itself. At least that was my assumption. She's not the first plant oriented character in fighting games, even within Injustice. She is debuting alongside Swamp Thing after all.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
She's like THE plant queen. Anytime I think about plant manipulation my mind immediately goes towards Ivy.
I usually think about Venusaur when it comes to plant manipulation lol. But anyway back to our flower princess, possible stages aside from Sarasaland or her personal cruiser?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I usually think about Venusaur when it comes to plant manipulation lol. But anyway back to our flower princess, possible stages aside from Sarasaland or her personal cruiser?
If for some reason we don't get Sarasaland, a stage from one of her more prominent spinoff appearances can work.

The Daisy Cruiser is a good one, but what about Daisy Circuit from Mario Kart Wii? Or even Mario Kart 8's Sweet Sweet Canyon?

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion

An expanded Sarasaland that cycles through mario land in order

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru

An expanded Sarasaland that cycles through mario land in order
I love this one the most. I wouldn't mind Daisy Cruiser either though. And yes I know that Silence requested ideas aside from these stages, but these are the ones that I think of the most with Daisy. I guess we could have a freaking Tennis Court, but that's more of Waluigi's theme.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind seeing Daisy playable, i actually like all 3 main Mario females, seeing them together would be nice, and she would fit perfectly a moveset that represent several of Mario spin-offs.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
all 3 main Mario females
RIP Jack-O inspired Pauline who summons mini versions of the other Mario characters. I want to make a support thread for that eventually, moveset still a WIP.

Your sig is glorious btw

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Daisy Cruiser or Daisy Hills would work well as stages, Daisy Hills could have the windmills and fountains and hot air balloons too.
RIP Jack-O inspired Pauline who summons mini versions of the other Mario characters. I want to make a support thread for that eventually, moveset still a WIP.
Ooooh that sounds interesting. You gotta make that thread I wanna hear more about that.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Daisy Cruiser or Daisy Hills would work well as stages, Daisy Hills could have the windmills and fountains and hot air balloons too.

Ooooh that sounds interesting. You gotta make that thread I wanna hear more about that.
It's all a WIP. Like the other movesets I've posted here and there, I want to create some illustrations to accompany them. Provide some proper visuals to better show what text doesn't always clearly tell. Just haven't had much time on my hands as of late.

Enough of that though, back to all things Daisy, I'm on board for the transforming Sarasaland stage. I feel that that really is the best stage for her given it's from the game she originated from and would be much more unique to her than even her home tracks in the Mario Kart games.

Not that I'd be opposed to those either, but I feel Sarasaland would better compliment Daisy than "Oh look, more spin-off material" that many would likely say.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I don't even think she'll get a home stage and instead will be vaguely related to a new Mario Kart stage

I'm sceptical about Sarasaland because if she gets in it most likely won't be on the grounds of her debut game, but because of her spin-off appearances

Luminario

Smash Lord
I don't even think she'll get a home stage and instead will be vaguely related to a new Mario Kart stage

I'm sceptical about Sarasaland because if she gets in it most likely won't be on the grounds of her debut game, but because of her spin-off appearances
That's true, Sarasaland did just pop up once then fell into obscurity, which is weird cause that place has good potential, even in games like Mario Kart or the Sports series. We're mostly all here cause we're a fan of her in the spin-offs anyway, as would most other Daisy fans be.
We haven't got a Mario Party stage yet, which unlike Tennis or Golf it can't be replicated on something like Wuhu Island, what about that? The stage could have pressure pads that set off a variety of different hazards.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well a facsimile of Sarasaland did appear in Daisy's Mario Maker Stage for what it's worth.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well a facsimile of Sarasaland did appear in Daisy's Mario Maker Stage for what it's worth.
And she was still considered a Super Mario Land rep complete with sound effects in the same game.

Though her bigger prominence in spinoffs could detract from that nostalgic value of a Sarasaland stage.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
And she was still considered a Super Mario Land rep complete with sound effects in the same game.

Though her bigger prominence in spinoffs could detract from that nostalgic value of a Sarasaland stage.
I may be beating up a dead horse when I say this but SML still wound up outselling Super Mario World, and though her prominence is still bigger in the spin-offs, it isn't too far fetched from an idea.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I may be beating up a dead horse when I say this but SML still wound up outselling Super Mario World, and though her prominence is still bigger in the spin-offs, it isn't too far fetched from an idea.
Really? Neat. Wonder what the attach rate is on them though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Then there's the part when both fans and Nintendo still find Super Mario World the better game than SML.

But you aren't wrong about Sarasaland being the ideal stage for her in the long run.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Regardless of her bigger appearances in spinoffs, Sarasaland is arguably the best choice of a Daisy home stage since those were her roots and the kingdom that she owns. Any spinoff stage would be fine however as long as it fits her.

Let's not turn this into a Super Mario Land vs Super Mario World debate.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Regardless of her bigger appearances in spinoffs, Sarasaland is arguably the best choice of a Daisy home stage since those were her roots and the kingdom that she owns. Any spinoff stage would be fine however as long as it fits her.
Don't forget, though, Brawl had remixes from Super Mario Land in it. That surely suggests that they do still keep the game in mind, since it is a pretty iconic title.

I get this feeling from this that they'd go for Sarasaland as a first option, rather than a spin-off based stage, which people are much more likely to associate with Mario himself, since his name is always in the title of those games.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Don't forget, though, Brawl had remixes from Super Mario Land in it. That surely suggests that they do still keep the game in mind, since it is a pretty iconic title.

I get this feeling from this that they'd go for Sarasaland as a first option, rather than a spin-off based stage, which people are much more likely to associate with Mario himself, since his name is always in the title of those games.
Unless they pick Daisy Cruiser, Daisy Hills, Daisy Gardens or Daisy Circuit

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Good point, that track also adds that Sakurai still has Sarasaland in mind along with the scrapped Game Boy version stage he spoke of.

Though it's far from proof that she is ever considered. That I would say in regards to its existence.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Unless they pick Daisy Cruiser, Daisy Hills, Daisy Gardens or Daisy Circuit
Well, yes. :laugh: But those are obvious exceptions.

Though it's far from proof that she is ever considered. That I would say in regards to its existence.
Agreed. It only shows that they've had Sarasaland in mind at a couple of points, and says nothing about Daisy herself.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On the topic of a Sarasaland stage, am I the only one who was disappointed with the portable representation in Smash 3DS?

The big series (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby) got stages based on handheld games but they were near all modern ones with Kirby being the GameBoy orignal nostalgia stage. Metroid, Yoshi, Wario and Star Fox all got stuck with "Classic" stage. Heck, even old school Mario had to reuse Mushroomy Kingdom. They could have easily reworked it as Birabuto which is canonically a desert.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
On the topic of a Sarasaland stage, am I the only one who was disappointed with the portable representation in Smash 3DS?

The big series (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby) got stages based on handheld games but they were near all modern ones with Kirby being the GameBoy orignal nostalgia stage. Metroid, Yoshi, Wario and Star Fox all got stuck with "Classic" stage. Heck, even old school Mario had to reuse Mushroomy Kingdom. They could have easily reworked it as Birabuto which is canonically a desert.
Perhaps next time they'll go the Flat Zone X route and include a general Gameboy stage that cycles through Kirby, Super Mario Land, Metroid II, Wario Land, the GB DK games, Pokemon R/B/G etc.

I don't think it's likely mind you, but it's something I'd like to see.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Perhaps next time they'll go the Flat Zone X route and include a general Gameboy stage that cycles through Kirby, Super Mario Land, Metroid II, Wario Land, the GB DK games, etc.
Am I the only one who wishes that they'd stop making so many of these sorts of stages, and just show these games rendered in a modern fashion, instead?

I mean, they did that for Wrecking Crew, and it looked fantastic.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Am I the only one who wishes that they'd stop making so many of these sorts of stages, and just show these games rendered in a modern fashion, instead?

I'm all for that as well, but if possible I'd like both. A couple of classic stages rendered in modern form, and one "compilation stage" that retains the original look.

So for example, we could get a Gameboy and an NES Remix stage to fit the the Flat Zone/Balloon Fight style of stages. Every other classic stage would of course be a proper modern take like Wrecking Crew, Icicle Mountain, Skyworld, etc.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

You and me both.

Dream Land was nostalgic, but it would have been nice to see it in 3D like Magicant. Now that was a beautiful stage that stilll had some good elements likes the 16-bit Flying Nen.

I for one hope that we do happen to get a fully 3D Sarasaland if only because we never seen a 3D rendition of it in years. Even that kingdom was never really made as a Daisy centric stage in any Mario spinoff (Kart being the biggest offender).

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Not really anything of note, but sometimes when I see Sarasaland, my mind thinks Sahasrahland like the old man from Zelda.

Back on topic though, if we did get a Sarasaland stage, would you guys prefer they focus on one particular kingdom or make it a transforming stage that covers all 4?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not really anything of note, but sometimes when I see Sarasaland, my mind thinks Sahasrahland like the old man from Zelda.

Back on topic though, if we did get a Sarasaland stage, would you guys prefer they focus on one particular kingdom or make it a transforming stage that covers all 4?
I'd prefer if we get all of them instead of focusing on one. Either though a traveling stage or the Mushroomy Kingdom method.

There's too much potential with the stage to only focus on Burabito or Chai by themselves.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I'd prefer if we get all of them instead of focusing on one. Either though a traveling stsgebor the Mushroomy Kingdom mechod.

There's too much potential with the stage to only focus on Burabito or Chai by themselves.
I know we have a few already, but I'd definitely go with a traveling stage. Scrolling stages are neat, but annoying to fight on. Another reason why I wish Omega stages were proper legal variants instead of just FD with different backgrounds.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Transforming stage. Been thinking about it, I want all the bosses in order on the transforming stage. When one dies (or enough time elapses), map transition.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

I think I would like something that transitions from one part of her kingdom to another, kinda like how Smash 4 depicts it's Mushroom Kingdom stage.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm not a huge fan of travelling/transforming stages, myself (I found Dream Land 3DS to be particularly awful, as far as ones that run through an entire game's worlds go), so I think I'd rather see a focus on one kingdom - which would probably be Birabuto, since it's definitely the best-known of the bunch.

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
Sorry, but I wish for a travelling stage myself. I do wish it to go through maybe 1 key area in each part of the kingdom while the platforming only slightly changes similar to something like Town and City, but that's just me. If Poison Daisy ever is a thing, some of the platforms might use vines, jk.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Transforming stage. Been thinking about it, I want all the bosses in order on the transforming stage. When one dies (or enough time elapses), map transition.
I'm kind of mixed on this idea to be quite honest. I really like the way you handled the transitions being tied to the bosses, but I'm also not a fan of stage bosses.

I think I would like something that transitions from one part of her kingdom to another, kinda like how Smash 4 depicts it's Mushroom Kingdom stage.
I think this would probably be one of the best ways to handle it now that you bring it up. What do you think they could use for the actual transitions? MKU uses Kamek iirc.

I'm not a huge fan of travelling/transforming stages, myself (I found Dream Land 3DS to be particularly awful, as far as ones that run through an entire game's worlds go), so I think I'd rather see a focus on one kingdom - which would probably be Birabuto, since it's definitely the best-known of the bunch.
The layout on some portions of transforming/traveling stages can be pretty hit or miss, but that really depends on how they handle each transition. I get where you're coming from, but I'd still go for all four. I think it'd be fine if they handled it similarly to Delfino Plaza or something along those lines. It really just comes down to how they'd decide to design such a stage, which in all likelihood would probably be something annoying to navigate unfortunately.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I think it'd be fine if they handled it similarly to Delfino Plaza or something along those lines.
I agree with that. If they're well-done, I don't mind them. I quite like 3D Land, as well. It's just that stages of that type aren't my first choice. :laugh:

Top Bottom