• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hmm. That signature, the style, and even the type of humor. Yes, I do. In fact, I know they were definitely from her.

And as for HanAmes, was he around for clone arguments of any kind? Did I say that right?
Good. Things are rolling in smoothly.

Yes he was. In fact, you and him were the same people who were fed up with said arguments too. Long before Ark joined the Daisy Gardens. Does that last one ring a bell? It used to be a tagline that you loved to say to any and all new supporters.

In fact, remember when SegaSonicSSS used to share a lot of good Daisy fanart too? He didn't support, but he was fine with the idea of spreading more joy to the supporters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Good. Things are rolling in smoothly.

Yes he was. In fact, you and him were the same people who were fed up with said arguments too. Long before Ark joined the Daisy Gardens. Does that last one ring a bell? It used to be a tagline that you loved to say to any and all new supporters.

In fact, remember when SegaSonicSSS used to share a lot of good Daisy fanart too? He didn't support, but he was fine with the idea of spreading more joy to the supporters.
Let me try a hand at remembering...

Was one of the arguments about her being made as a counterpart, therefor saying that she is destined to be last minute clone?

And now I remember. They were all beautifully colorful ones from DeviantArt. The perfect place where you can find fanart of any of the princesses. And now I recall a certain ballot fanart too. I don't remember where to find it, but it was thankfully hilarious.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Let me try a hand at remembering...

Was one of the arguments about her being made as a counterpart, therefor saying that she is destined to be last minute clone?

And now I remember. They were all beautifully colorful ones from DeviantArt. The perfect place where you can find fanart of any of the princesses. And now I recall a certain ballot fanart too. I don't remember where to find it, but it was thankfully hilarious.
I really love how beautiful this conversation is right now and it's helping alot.

I do recall most of them, but there is too many to keep track of. But they were rather nice and SegaSonicSSS was definitely nice user to have around at the time.

And I know which one. Give me a sec.

This is only part of it, but you should fill in the gaps.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I think you need to put that in a spoiler since it's too big.

And thanks for the best wishes.

Anything else to say on the Mario & Luigi rumor and what it has to do with Daisy?
I don't know how put spoilers so if you could please tell me I'll do it.
Wait a minute, did I play Smash with you before?

And were one of your mains a Daisy colored Peach?
Yes, although I do not main :4peach: in any shape or form. That would be, as Aussie said, HanAmes HanAmes .
I hope the same. :3 Good luck to both Aussie and Azure.

XD Lucky you, Ark! Hehe, the color of the support still makes me laugh a bit! Funny, some weeks ago I found a not new Rosalina amiibo, the perfect time when I feel like I didn't wanted to open the one I got from Target. In previous weeks I have indeed seen both Daisy and Peach figures (Not amiibos) and even plushies....but the cost was something that prevented me from getting them....
Yeah, since we live at the border, things can get a little too expensive sometimes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I really love how beautiful this conversation is right now and it's helping alot.

I do recall most of them, but there is too many to keep track of. But they were rather nice and SegaSonicSSS was definitely nice user to have around at the time.

And I know which one. Give me a sec.

This is only part of it, but you should fill in the gaps.
Yes, this is the one. Even though she didn't win, this was definitely the highlight of anything Daisy related for me at the time.

I'll miss him, but I'm sure he has his reason for leaving. At least we have the rest of the gang.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I don't know how put spoilers so if you could please tell me I'll do it.
Yes, although I do not main :4peach: in any shape or form. That would be, as Aussie said, HanAmes HanAmes .
Yeah, since we live at the border, things can get a little too expensive sometimes.
xD Oh, but these weren't from any store from the Other Side, it was here in MX (ya ves, sobreruedas). :p But you know, sometimes it hurts to see money go, so I resisted both the plushies and figures of the Princesses (were around 50 pesos each) but the Rosalina one was just 20 pesos so, I was sold.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I don't know how put spoilers so if you could please tell me I'll do it..
You type "[ spoiler ] [ spoiler ]" and put a "/" in in front of the s of the second spoiler. All media and texts go between both bracketed spoilers.

That's how it should work.

Yes, this is the one. Even though she didn't win, this was definitely the highlight of anything Daisy related for me at the time.

I'll miss him, but I'm sure he has his reason for leaving. At least we have the rest of the gang.

Good to have you partially back. At least you know most of the rocking supporters for now. Things would be back to normal soon.
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And about this rumor, what was it about anyway, just a remake of the first Mario & Luigi?
Nobody knows. It's just a leaked title for now and it could mean anything. Just an updated remake or a whole new game.

But it's likely the former. Even then, I'm not sure how they would squeeze Daisy into the game somewhere unless it would be an optional sidequest.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nobody knows. It's just a leaked title for now and it could mean anything. Just an updated remake or a whole new game.

But it's likely the former. Even then, I'm not sure how they would squeeze Daisy into the game somewhere unless it would be an optional sidequest.
From what is known, it's just a leaked title, it could be a new entry or just a remake.
Interesting.

If we don't get a Direct, maybe E3 should give us more news on that. Nintendo saying they don't have stage plan shows that ti will be Treehouse stuff and the Digital Event all over again. Which should be fine if I recall that they haven't did traditional shows in years.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Interesting.

If we don't get a Direct, maybe E3 should give us more news on that. Nintendo saying they don't have stage plan shows that ti will be Treehouse stuff and the Digital Event all over again. Which should be fine if I recall that they haven't did traditional shows in years.
I just hope whatever they have in store, it makes up for last year where they only went Zelda BoTW all the way.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Best of luck to Yomi and Aussie. I hope you make speedy recoveries.

And just to post something Daisy related/relevant to the current topic so as to not derail things; How would you guys feel if we got a new Mario & Luigi game, but it was actually a Peach & Daisy game of them going off to save the Bros. from whatever new threat decided to take care of them first for once.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I wish. But I doubt she will be a playable character in this game. lol

Though that's not to say that I'm curious on what it is.

Meanwhile, we have more of those Mario Rabbid RPG rumors that just don't know when to quit. Can't expect less from Emily.

Not sure if our leader is in a mood to help add new supporters because of "certain circumstances". Give him some time and he'll be ready to do so.
By what the hackers are thinking it's a re release of Superstar saga for the 3ds.

The DX implies with some basic additions over the earlier version, maybe they'll 3d it like and make it look like paper jam/dream team.

Nice of your to share this with us. And I'm glad you are making some efforts to talk with your fellow Daisy fans despite your amnesia.

Perhaps Freduardo should talk more about his crazy Daisy ideas. That should help, right Freddy?

And FYI, it technically is on topic before you appear, Plague Knight.
I think you need to put that in a spoiler since it's too big.

And thanks for the best wishes.

Anything else to say on the Mario & Luigi rumor and what it has to do with Daisy?
Well since you asked, if it will help with amnesia, I'll expand my mario and Luigi idea. The ultimate mario and luigi world tour. So we'll start with the known areas of the mario universe that could appear in a mario and Luigi game: (let's do it in spoiler cause it's going to get long)

We start mario 1 style for dungeon the first is like many mario rpg offerings, Bowser's castle. Bowser has kidnapped the princess and the brothers must go to his castle and defeat Bowser (after a brief stop in toad town with a hammer bros based mini boss, where you can even learn your first bros attack) to return Peach to safety.

From there some official reason is made to go to Sarasaland, where the players find Daisy at the entrance and that's where we realize unlike most mario and Luigi games, you're going to have a four man party throughout the game. Area 2 and the first fully sized area is Sarasaland as you go through the bosses (and lands) of super Mario land to fight tatanga. For this area you have Peach on the X Button and Daisy on Y. Peach and Daisy have their own bros attacks called princess attacks. And also everyone gets a 'Best Friend Attacks' or BF attacks menu which also uses FP. For these attacks characters that use the X button team with Mario and the A button, and characters using the y button will team with Luigi and the B button. True to the series humor, they will almost call these Boyfriend attacks, but Luigi acts like too much of a goofball.

Which is a good thing because after this world Daisy leaves the party and mario gets some well deserved sleep. However Tatanga, now also beaten by the brother commiserated with Bowser and Kamek shows them technology from Dream Team and Kamek unleashes a horde of villainy on Mario's dream in the form of Mouser, Hothead, Triclyde, and Wart and their armies of minions. E. Gadd realizes Mario is under attack and sends Luigi, Peach and Toad in to help. Toad becomes your Y button character and gets some BF attacks with Luigi. You beat Mario's bad dream to realize it was all a diversion tactic.

Airships captained by Bowser's Koopa Kid generals have dethroned every king of the mushroom kingdom and turned them into animals. Toad remarks that things feel eerily familiar and that they've done this before. At this point Tatanga's armies, led by a new mechawario general join in as spaceships fly side by side with the airships.

Daisy arrives on one of the magic carpets from a mini game in area 3 and no one knows how she got it since they could have sworn they were just in Mario's dream, players must choose either Toad or Daisy for their Y button character and go through a couple of dungeons and bosses that are made in homage to Mario 3, and save the day again.

Huzzah. But our bad guys are beaten but not done yet. Wart and his troops have somehow also escaped Mario's dream and have conspired with Kamek to open time itself and attack when the brothers are at their weakest, when they were babies briefly dropped on dinosaur island by the stork on their way to Brooklyn. Unfortunately Peach, Daisy, and Toad were not able to make it.

So for area 4, dinosaur island the brothers will team up with Yoshi or the baby versions of themselves, depending on the part of the story. Players go through mario and Luigi areas and bosses designed in homage to Mario world 1 and 2. Yoshi has BF attacks that work like Trio attacks and like paper mario and Bowser use both the x and y buttons. When using Yoshi you don't have a fourth character. And the babies use x and y buttons like partners in time and change the blocking and attacking mechanics similarly.

But of course this is a mario and Luigi game, and the babies had a mario and Luigi adventure before. Until the continued losing and familiarity of events of thwarting the Bowser Tatanga alliance has force Tatanga to go for outer space reinforcements who also hate the baby Mario bros... and that's how we have shroobs joining the villainous alliance led by princess shroob as the seeming final boss of this world. The battle with her is cataclysmic and the bros are sent back to the future (as well as the important villains) where they crash land in the beanbean kingdom.

Where it seems the shroobs have flourished since they changed the past and the Beanbean kingdom is overrun. The villains rejoice at their apparent victory until shroobs begin to possess and overtake them. Mario and Luigi do battle with a shroob possessed Mechawario and upon winning the shroobs realize Wart, Kamek, Bowser, and Tatanga need beefing up. Our five villains are taken back to the mothership at Cackletta's castle when it seems an army of shroobs will still overtake the brothers unless they have backup.

And they do. Peasley shows up with an unexpected ally who wishes to conquer the beanbean kingdom for himself and rescue Cackletta from her current fate as Princess Shroobletta.

And boy, does he have Fury. So there's your x and y buttons (Peasley and Fawful) as mario and Luigi tribute their own franchise and go through a retread with a twist of the beanbean kingdom.

Shroobletta gets defeated, the source of her power gets exposed.

And Fawful seizes that. Fawful seizes that but good. And he recaptures control of all the villains as well as every previous world and sends them to conquer dinosaur island (Kamek and wart), the mushroom kingdom (bowser), Sarasaland (Tatanga and MechaShroobWario TM) and the Beanbean kingdom (Fawful and now subservient Shroobletta) once more but now in Fawful's name. The bros and peasley are rescued in the nick of time by E Gadd, Toad and the Princesses to reconvene in safety.

As the players recapture the worlds of the game, they can choose their x button to be Peach or Peasley and their y button to be Daisy or Toad. Or choose to have Yoshi be the X and Y buttons. And change their pick at save points.

Beat the bosses, save the worlds, save the day.

In New Game Plus players can choose whatever X or Y button combinations of allies they wish, including babies and Fawful, at any point of the game.

DLC for the game comes with its own story mode sized area comparable to the other areas in the game and their own allies.

DLC world and allies set one: Super Mario RPG. Allies Geno (x) and Mallow (y).

DLC world and allies set two: Princess Partners in Time. The only allies that cannot be played in any other part of the game, even on new game plus baby Peach (a) and baby Daisy (b)

Also comes with a bonus world where you play as Yoshi and Baby Daisy/Baby Peach

DLC and allies set three: donkey Kong country. Donkey Kong (x) and Diddy Kong (Y)

DLC and allies set four: New Super Mario brothers. Toad (x). Giving an x button toad that can team up with Mario where none existed before. And Nabbit (y).

DLC and allies set five: Paper Mario. Paper Mario is an X and Y button character.

Also comes with a side story where for whatever reason paper mario and baby Daisy/baby Peach have to save the day.

All X and Y button characters have moves with their respective BF attack brother. As well as a set with every other Y button character (if they're an x button character) and every other X button character (if they're a y button character). Exceptions are Yoshi and Paper Mario who have Trio attacks with the brothers and the baby princesses.

Beating any DLC world makes that character chooseable at any time in the regular game on new game plus.

Yomi, I hoped this tribute video game and its jaunt down memory lane helps you out.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Wall of Text: A write-up on the pros and cons of the different wall types in a Superball-centred moveset.

I wanted to make a moveset using the write-up posted above and everything fell in its place pretty fast.
Neutral B would be the Superball, Side B would be a Flowerbed Return, Up B would be an updated Flower Trampoline where the Trampoline itself would disappear right after the jump, as the move would already have the functions of catching the ball and throwing it in the garden easily, with Down B being a wall to bounce the ball.

Simple.
However, there are a few different types of walls to use, each with their own pros, cons and playstyle possibilities.

First is the many kinds of potential walls in function.
Should Daisy put a wall next to her, or should she be able to put out a wall farther away, like Zelda's Phantom?

Luminario Luminario then mentioned the possibility of a 'delayed wall", not unlike Villager's Tree, although Daisy could sprout her wall from anywhere with the press of a button

Eventually I settled on two types of walls:

-The slide wall
-The delayed wall

The slide wall is a move that consists of three parts.
First is the charging, which dictates how far the wall would slide after releasing the charge.
This charge could either be Shadow Sneak-style, where the charge cannot be "held" and the more traditional charging style where Daisy can store the charge for later use.

Then is the sliding part.
This is where Daisy would summon the wall and slide it to its destination.
Without charge, this destination is relatively close to Daisy, whereas a charged slide wall would go the extra mile.

Lastly is the wall part, where the wall stays where it is, reflecting Superballs that bounce against it.

The slide wall is a more direct wall when it comes to reflecting Superballs, being able to intercept a ball quickly if Daisy slides it in the desired place in time.
This would allow for quick reflects, as Daisy would be able to put a wall where she needs to when she needs to from any part of the stage.

The quick reaction time can also be used to keep opponents away from the Superball, as Daisy can put up a wall between the opponent and the ball from anywhere from the stage as long as she has enough charge.

This quick reaction time can be emphasised even more with a move where the wall does not stay after being slided, instead reflecting balls that bounce against it as the ball is still sliding.
To balance it out, the charge can be held in order to have a quick way ready to intercept balls from across the stage.

The delayed wall would instead be more about strategy and pre-planning.
It would consist of three parts.

First is the "planting part"
Daisy would plant a small object on the ground that denotes where the wall is going to be.
This doesn't have to be a seed, just like the wall doesn't have to be a plant.
This wouldn't affect opponents, just like Villager's tree sprout doesn't (except when he uses that blasted custom sprout)

Then the sprouting part unfolds, as Daisy presses the button again to make the wall pop out of the ground.
This would damage and knockback opponents, but nothing too severe.

Then the wall would stay on the ground and reflect any Superballs that bounce against it.

Since Daisy can't swiftly put up a wall with this method, this one would be more about planning and strategy.
If you want to throw the ball, but also want it back, you can put down a wall there, throw a ball, and pop up the wall.
This way, Daisy can put up a wall after throwing a ball for surprising effects.

If you don't want the wall to act as a trap too much, especially since Daisy would be able to sprout it from across the stage, one could implement the requirement that the wall won't sprout when an opponent is close and would get hit.
This would prevent the wall to be used as a way to deter opponents instead of the wall being used to reflect the balls in the right direction.
However, this would not stop Daisy from using the rising wall as a way to get to a higher level to catch balls easier.

Second are the different ways of visually representing a wall.
What I mean by that is that we now have the concept of a wall-hitbox, but how would that hitbox look like in game?
I found three options to be the most likely:

Batadons:
For some Super Mario Land flair, the flying Easter Island statues are the way to go.

The sliding wall would involve a Batadon flying out of the ground before flying forwards to the destination.
The delayed wall would involve Daisy laying down a Ganchan, the rock enemy, which for the reasons of creative liberty changes into a Batadon when pressing the button again.

Functionally, their flying habits make aerial walls possible.
For the sliding wall, they could also pop out of the ground at their destination instead of sliding over the ground itself, damaging opponents, which could keep their zoning potential at a minimum and letting the wall be used for Superball-shenanigans only.
Visually, the walls are the most imposing of the three choices, which means it's hard (pun intended) to say opponents "can just run through it"
Unlike almost holographic "flower magic", one does not simply run through a statue.
This can get even more troublesome with the sliding wall, where an uncharged wall can put up an extra shield immediately.

The biggest con to them is the lack of Super Mario Land representation throughout the rest of the moveset.
Never is Daisy shown to be a summoner of Super Mario Land and although it's not unlikely that Daisy is capable of summoning her underlings, she's never shown to do so in Mario games or the moveset, making it clash with the rest of her portrayal

Crystal Smash
Of course when talking about walls in Daisy's arsenal of abilities, Crystal Smash deserves a mention.

For the sliding wall, there are two possibilities.
Either Daisy summons the wall in front of her and pushes it magically to the destination.
Or, resembling Shadow Sneak, the Crystal Wall would automatically pop out at the destination, again leaving out the camping possibilities of a wall shoving over the stage.

For the delayed wall, Daisy can summon the top of the crystal which shows itself completely with a second button press.

Pros are the possibility of a slide-less sliding wall, the fact it's a canonical ability to Daisy that isn't out of place in a sports moveset.
Cons are again the fact that opponents can't run or walk through and the fact Mario Strikers introduced a lot of abilities that are out of character and I feel Crystal Smash is one of them.
Functionally, another con is that crystals can't be summoned in the air, which means the real pinballing potential is left untapped.

Flower Magic
A bit generic compared to the others, but Daisy can also use her flower magic to summon a big flower to act as a wall.

For the sliding wall, Daisy can magically slide foward a big flower hologram magic thing.
For the delayed wall, Daisy can plant a seed, turning into a big flower when pressing the button again.

Pros are the fact that flower magic is not as solid as crystals or walls, and thus gives the possibilities of the wall not affecting opponents, the fact they fit into the flower-based moveset thematically and the fact they can be used to upgrade the ball and the fact flower magic can also be performed in the air to perform precise pinball shenanigans.

Cons are the flower magic's genericness, coupled with Daisy not using a flower wall canonically which gives this move a very "pulled a move out of the ***"-like feeling.

(Note: I'm sure it gets annoying that I constantly emphasise on my preference for Daisy to not have powerful defensive tools but walls and other terraforming is really rare in Smash and I don't want Daisy's schtick to be walls, but I want these walls to emphasise her playstyle of technical item player.
Thus, the walls, gardens etc's usefullness should be limited to increasing the depth of Daisy's mobility options and item play instead of being a tool on their own, especially since they're tools that would encourage an extremely passive playstyle on a character that is anything except passive.
Look at DeDeDe, R.O.B and Bowser Jr. All have a clear playstyle, but since they have a move that can trap, they're seen as trapping characters. Daisy, with a wall, would almost certainly be seen as trapping, almost zoning even, with this terraforming at her disposal
It's why I am still sceptical on a wall since it has defensive and trapping uses, albeit secondary in both the sliding and delayed wall types, with the sliding wall sliding opponents away in the initial slide, and the delayed wall acting as a trap in its first stage, with opponents that step on it being prone to being knocked back by Daisy activating stage two)

Gotta tag @Diddy Kong since he's close to joining our cause :p
Read up on this idea with this and the post quoted and you're good to go.

Maybe tag moveset bud @Munomario777 too since he likes making movesets.

And since he's not all that active @Thatkidwiththeafro deserves a special tag as well

Special non-tagging thanks to Tortilla for inspiring me to write the "Daisy is not a passive zoning character" rant that's in this write-up every two lines.
Loving these wall ideas, Also I don't think being able to walk through a Batadon or a crystal is that much of stretch considering people can walk through Villagers tree and Zelda's phantom armour, so all it's gotta do is create slight resistance to walking through it. Also, another idea could be to make the ball fly high into the sky or at a high angle if you summon the wall as the ball is over it, allowing for a sneaky hit if the opponent is recovering high.
And just to post something Daisy related/relevant to the current topic so as to not derail things; How would you guys feel if we got a new Mario & Luigi game, but it was actually a Peach & Daisy game of them going off to save the Bros. from whatever new threat decided to take care of them first for once.
Playable Peach is literally the only way I'll ever get a Mario & Luigi game. Having the 2 princesses team up to get the Bros out of trouble would certainly get me to preorder such a game.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Hey.
Wanna see a moveset?
Okay.
Here goes.
My timezone causes me to miss the conversation
But my aim is getting better!
My aim is getting better!
You see it's funny because making a moveset is terrible

Neutral B: Superball
With this move, Daisy can throw a Superball.
A Superball bounces off every surface it touches, making it a hyperactive projectile, like Daisy.
The move can be angled in three ways.
By not angling, Daisy throws the Superball like a baseball fastball, affected by gravity.
By angling down, Daisy throws the Superball like Mario did in Super Mario Land, which in turn is like he throws a Fireball.
By angling up, Daisy serves the ball with a Tennis Racket, throwing the ball upwards before smashing it down with a tennis racket.

Daisy cannot throw a Superball if it's already on-stage (multiple Daisies in one match aside, of course), which means it cannot be spammed.
It does not vanish, only going away if it's thrown off-stage, in which case Daisy can throw a new one using this move.
Since it bounces off of every surface, the ball doesn't just lie around on the stage, instead always moving around the stage for the opponent and Daisy to keep in mind.
This gives Daisy's moveset both a technical and energetic flair, which obviously suits her to a tee.

Functionally, this move is Daisy's bread and butter move

Side B: Flowerbed Return
Daisy dives forward, holding a baseball glove in her hand to catch incoming projectiles.
On the ground, she also summons a flower garden where she lands.
Opponents that hit the glove are knocked back, but that doesn't stop Daisy in her move.

This move has three main functions.
First of all, it is Daisy's primary mobility move, since it's relatively safe and doesn't put Daisy into free-fall.
In a sense, she can use it like Peach's float, jumping through the air in order to space quickly, both to get in the opponents face to pressure it with the Superball and to get out of harms way in order to catch a ball.

Secondly, it's the only way for Daisy to put down a garden.
The garden helps Daisy's mobility in that she gains higher jumps when jumping from the garden, but also in the sense that Daisy's landing lag is cut in half if she lands in a garden.
For Flowerbed Return and Flower Trampoline, the landing lag is almost zero, meaning Daisy can jump to her heart's content to zip around the battlefield.

Gardens, unlike most elements of stage control, do not harm the opponent in any way.
They do not slow opponents nor do they damage them.

Flowerbed Return also has the function of automatically catching all projectiles that Daisy encounters.
For small projectiles that aren't items, such as Mario and Luigi's Fireballs, this means they get cancelled out by Daisy's glove.
However, item projectiles, such as Bananas, Bombs and Vegetables, but especially Superballs, get caught by Daisy and are then treated as normal in-hand items.
This way Daisy can easily reset the situation and rethink an approach with the Superball in-hand.

Up B : Flower Trampoline
Daisy jumps off of an holographic flower magic, catching the Superball if she touches it in her flight.
This jump can be angled in three directions.
If she catches a Superball in her arc, she takes it with her until the apex of her jump, where she can throw it in eight directions.
This move has multiple uses.
Aside from its obvious use as a recovery move, it's also a great way to not only snatch the ball from the air, but also to precisely reposition it due to the eight directions this move allows Daisy to throw the ball in,
This not only gives Daisy the opportunity to snipe the opponent, but also to throw it precisely into the garden and to aim it at a wall from the right angle.
Not only is Daisy rewarded with a new chance to reposition the Superball if she catches it, but she also doesn't get helpless if she catches the ball, even though she can't use specials after that.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
I had an idea for what Daisy's up special could be anyone here played Majora's Mask?
Daisy could summon two giant flowers to ride downwards after she gains a little bit of air, she be able to let go of the flowers to fall back down to the stage.

The flowers them self's will do damage to anyone who touches them and can be used to send other fighters up off the stage.

BTW Shame on ya'll for not posting any Super Mario Land Music.

Chai kindom Stage when?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Best of luck to Yomi and Aussie. I hope you make speedy recoveries.

This could work in Super Princess Peach 2 if multiplayer was added and Daisy wound up as player 2.
I had an idea for what Daisy's up special could be anyone here played Majora's Mask?
Daisy could summon two giant flowers to ride downwards after she gains a little bit of air, she be able to let go of the flowers to fall back down to the stage.

The flowers them self's will do damage to anyone who touches them and can be used to send other fighters up off the stage.

BTW Shame on ya'll for not posting any Super Mario Land Music.

Chai kindom Stage when?
Now you make me want too see Chai Kingdom as the stage.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So more details reveal that the Mario & Luigi remake comes with a Bowser's Minion game.

Assuming that replaces the playable Mario Bros game from the GBA original, who thinks it will be a short RPG side story playing as Bowser's commanders (Their individual names seem to escape me)?

And I'm starting to doubt Daisy has some role in the game. Though go I do like Kirbeh Kirbeh 's idea of a new game. Daisy and Peach going on a real adventure together would be sweet.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
So more details reveal that the Mario & Luigi remake comes with a Bowser's Minion game.

Assuming that replaces the playable Mario Bros game from the GBA original, who thinks it will be a short RPG side story playing as Bowser's commanders (Their individual names seem to escape me)?

And I'm starting to doubt Daisy has some role in the game. Though go I do like Kirbeh Kirbeh 's idea of a new game. Daisy and Peach going on a real adventure together would be sweet.
Agreed. I like this idea as well.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
For those who expected to see Daisy in the Mario Rabbids RPG (which is good as confirmed thanks to Gane Informer and Kotaku), you'll be sadly disappointed.

But the game should be decent without her.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not even remotely surprised. The Rabbids being fanboys and wanting to dress up as their "heroes" sound like a predictable plotline for this type of game.

I would care less about no Daisy being playable, but whether or not the damn game is fun. Sounds like one of those weird and confusing ideas that makes sense, but doesn't. Even Super Princess Peach made more sense.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Not even remotely surprised. The Rabbids being fanboys and wanting to dress up as their "heroes" sound like a predictable plotline for this type of game.

I would care less about no Daisy being playable, but whether or not the damn game is fun. Sounds like one of those weird and confusing ideas that makes sense, but doesn't. Even Super Princess Peach made more sense.
This. Didn't expect much out of this myself anyway.

AndreaAC

XD Honestly, a Rabbid dressed as Daisy would be adorable....after seeing the special Rabbid gift wrap paper that Ubi gave in the December holidays, I would love to see it myself, alongside Peach and Rosa too if possible.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
XD Honestly, a Rabbid dressed as Daisy would be adorable....after seeing the special gift wrap paper that Ubi gave in the December holidays, I would love to see it myself, alongside Peach and Rosa to if possible.
Knowing Ubisoft, I'd narrow it down to just Peach and maybe Rosa. Daisy would only come with a stroke of luck.

AndreaAC

Knowing Ubisoft, I'd narrow it down to just Peach and maybe Rosa. Daisy would only come with a stroke of luck.
xD Ubisoft is also known to be pretty unpredictable...
rabbids.png

xD For example, the Rabbids nearly killed Rayman, and there he is, Jade from Beyond Good and Evil hasn't gotten a sequel since 2003 (?), there she is, the Prince of Persia has his Sands of Time design (the first PoP game) instead of the ones from the reboot or sequel (Warrior Within and the like), that surprised me the most. The only I kind of expected was Ezio because Overrated (and funny, the Rabbids were dressed more times like Altair).

xD Sooooooo....thare's at least a chance that the 3 Princesses get their Rabbid parodies! .3. If it doesn't happen, oh well, I can draw it.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
xD Ubisoft is also known to be pretty unpredictable...
View attachment 128672
xD For example, the Rabbids nearly killed Rayman, and there he is, Jade from Beyond Good and Evil hasn't gotten a sequel since 2003 (?), there she is, the Prince of Persia has his Sands of Time design (the first PoP game) instead of the ones from the reboot or sequel (Warrior Within and the like), that surprised me the most. The only I kind of expected was Ezio because Overrated (and funny, the Rabbids were dressed more times like Altair).

xD Sooooooo....thare's at least a chance that the 3 Princesses get their Rabbid parodies! .3. If it doesn't happen, oh well, I can draw it.
Yes, you are right. One can still hope.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
XD Honestly, a Rabbid dressed as Daisy would be adorable....after seeing the special Rabbid gift wrap paper that Ubi gave in the December holidays, I would love to see it myself, alongside Peach and Rosa too if possible.
Rabbids Daisy would be cute. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Cuter than the already existing female Rabbids like the "wife" in Rabbids Go Home and the pink tracksuit wearing one from that Raving Rabbids trailer. *shudders*

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I need to ask, does anyone here find the rabbids endearing at all? I've just found them to be mildly annoying and off-putting ever since they were first revealed.
Well, sometimes they can come off as annoying for the most part because of their antics, but they are overall funny in my opinion.
Rabbids Daisy would be cute. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Cuter than the already existing female Rabbids like the "wife" in Rabbids Go Home and the pink tracksuit wearing one from that Raving Rabbids trailer. *shudders*
Merely thinking that makes me hear L4D's Hunter scream, creepy.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
I need to ask, does anyone here find the rabbids endearing at all? I've just found them to be mildly annoying and off-putting ever since they were first revealed.
I find them harmless, and even if I did hate them, it's not like i'm going to waste my time getting mad over fiction characters, unless said fiction character kills someone over liking the Star Wars Prequels.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Used to find them funny, then they started to have an overexposure effect and have way too many spinoffs ever single year. At least they have less merchandise and commercials compared to their yellow banana loving counterparts (Minions).

Overall, I'm just meh about the game and don't think that's the worst thing in the world. That belongs to the CDi Mario games (even if the memes are funny).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Rabbids themselves are so-so. Loved them
A lot when I was younger, then outgrew then when I realized that they don't get the same effect out of me. I know why this is happening, to get more younger kids and non-Mario fans into the Switch. The console is already reaching juggernaut territory and it's clear that they want to target a wide audience.

Just be glad none of you actually owned a CDi and played Hotel Mario. I still get nightmares of playing that rubbish game to this day. Even if Nintendo were to announced an improved sequel with Daisy as a selling point, I'm not touching that **** with a 200 yard pole.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Rabbids themselves are so-so. Loved them
A lot when I was younger, then outgrew then when I realized that they don't get the same effect out of me. I know why this is happening, to get more younger kids and non-Mario fans into the Switch. The console is already reaching juggernaut territory and it's clear that they want to target a wide audience.

Just be glad none of you actually owned a CDi and played Hotel Mario. I still get nightmares of playing that rubbish game to this day. Even if Nintendo were to announced an improved sequel with Daisy as a selling point, I'm not touching that **** with a 200 yard pole.
> Implying they would revive Hotel Mario, let alone using Daisy as a selling point.

Good thing that will never happen and even the company hates that game.

But let's talk Daisy, anyone been racing as her lately?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
> Implying they would revive Hotel Mario, let alone using Daisy as a selling point.

Funnily enough, I've just got done racing with a Baby Daisy main just today in 8 Deluxe (though I've raced as Link instead). He likes Daisy alot and usually race as the adult or baby version of her in his races. Him and I had a nice little chat about favorite Daisy moments and our wishes for her in Smash.

Surprisingly enough, he never knew she had a hatedom. And that strikes me as odd since MANY Mario fans should have known that by now. Unless he never explored certain parts of the Internet (like Reddit or 4Chan).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Yep though I've gotta say, she's louder than I remember. Guess that was my brain overcompensating for the "Daisy is game grumps impression of Toad loud" jokes.

(for those that didn't get that)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yep though I've gotta say, she's louder than I remember. Guess that was my brain overcompensating for the "Daisy is game grumps impression of Toad loud" jokes.

(for those that didn't get that)
I remember this video. :laugh:

Toad's voice is definitely annoying (though I'm not ignoring Daisy's voice either). And one of the impressions sound close enough to Majin Buu.

Funnily enough, I've just got done racing with a Baby Daisy main just today in 8 Deluxe (though I've raced as Link instead). He likes Daisy alot and usually race as the adult or baby version of her in his races. Him and I had a nice little chat about favorite Daisy moments and our wishes for her in Smash.

Surprisingly enough, he never knew she had a hatedom. And that strikes me as odd since MANY Mario fans should have known that by now. Unless he never explored certain parts of the Internet (like Reddit or 4Chan).
That's nice. Though how can one be a fan of Daisy and not know she has a hatedom. That's something I seriously can't wrap my head around. Unless he have been living under a rock, no offense.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Hey, guys! On the subject about Daisy, what I don't get is, whenever Daisy is brought up, fan or not, why do people associate her with Smash, anyway? Even when she's not a playable character...this comes with fans, anti-fans, and casuals alike.

Never knew she had a hatedom...that must be his perfect world.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Hey, guys! On the subject about Daisy, what I don't get is, whenever Daisy is brought up, fan or not, why do people associate her with Smash, anyway? Even when she's not a playable character...this comes with fans, anti-fans, and casuals alike.
I wouldn't say she's associated with Smash so much as a lot of her fans want her in Smash, so it ends up being brought it up at some point. Same deal with a lot of characters really. Some want "x" and bring the subject up. Some don't and express why they hate "x" or are just indifferent or opposed to the idea, etc.

And with Daisy, there's certainly the possibility that it might come up more frequently I suppose, though there's really no way to tell. If that is the case though, I guess it might be because there's not much to talk about when it comes to Daisy in the first place. She hasn't been in much aside from spin-offs, so most conversations among her fans are speculation about potential she could have if Nintendo actually bothered to use her more often. Sometimes it's about Mario games, and of course sometimes the conversation turns to Smash.

When it comes to those that hate the character, she probably comes up because of the fact they dislike her. A lot of people have a list of characters that they don't want to see in Smash much in the same way they have one for those they'd like to make it in.

With casual players, my guess is that it's simply a passing thought or suggestion when they try to think of other Mario characters that could be added. Casuals could pretty much fall in line with the fans and detractors really. Some casual fans may think "Hey, Daisy is a Mario character. I like using her in Mario Kart/Mario Party/insert other spin-off here sometimes, why not her?" Casual detractors probably follow a similar line but instead just don't care for her and would rather see someone else.

tl;dr: Smash coming up seems like an inevitability when it comes to talking about Nintendo characters. Probably because everyone wants their favorite characters to be in Smash.

Top Bottom