• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
It's annoying but funny at the same time how people are trashing Daisy and defending any other character, some of the points they made were silly lol
Some examples:
"Can't believe people are honestly trying to compare Daisy and Dixie in this thread."

"Dixie:
+Unique
+Has her own (generally fantastic) games
+Is prominent in her own series
+Has moveset potential for Smash
+Great character design

Daisy:
-None of those things"

And the whole a smart guy post lol

Morbi

Scavenger
It's annoying but funny at the same time how people are trashing Daisy and defending any other character, some of the points they made were silly lol
It was definitely odd, especially with the strange accusation that Daisy supporters hate Dixie just because she was compared. There was even someone who was mad at the comparison... And then started comparing them. If I did not know any better, I would say that some of them are genuinely threatened that Daisy has a chance in Smash. Why? I have no idea. But it was odd behavior, to say the least. I guess she has her haters which is relatively rare for a Nintendo character.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
It was definitely odd, especially with the strange accusation that Daisy supporters hate Dixie just because she was compared. There was even someone who was mad at the comparison... And then started comparing them. If I did not know any better, I would say that some of them are genuinely threatened that Daisy has a chance in Smash. Why? I have no idea. But it was odd behavior, to say the least. I guess she has her haters which is relatively rare for a Nintendo character.
Honestly the only thing that Dixie has more than Daisy is her own game(s)
But Daisy has more appearances and costumes.

I like Dixie, she looks interesting just like Daisy but people were so overreacting with them, they even said we are biased when the ones biased are acutally them.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly the only thing that Dixie has more than Daisy is her own game(s)
But Daisy has more appearances and costumes.

I like Dixie, she looks interesting just like Daisy but people were so overreacting with them, they even said we are biased when the ones biased are acutally them.
A lot of people were pretending that Dixie was a shoe-in last time around, that she was blatantly given and was inevitable. Yet, here we are. I just feel as though this is a lingering effect of that. People strongly believe she is an obvious candidate. And, in a lot of ways, there are people who "want" characters based on how likely they are. I honestly used to be one of them. I would get excited for characters, such as Shulk, that I knew absolutely nothing about and ended up disliking as a result. The only reason I vaguely "wanted" him was because I knew he was an obvious choice that was coming regardless. Dixie might be in that same category. Or maybe she just has a lot of hyper defensive fans? It does not really matter, I suppose. In the end, Daisy is not going to be weighed against Dixie unless they are at a similar priority and there is room for both of them, or, like last time, neither of them. It is just fun to talk about.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
But yeah, you guys seriously need to calm it down, this is exactly what turns people off from Daisy. But to get back on track, if Daisy does end up being a semi-clone I wonder what her meat shield will be. Using Toad might be weird.
WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever suggested her using a generic flower to release pollen/spores an attack. I would love that if she was to make the big flower bloom out of her hands magically. Kinda badass. Plus, the spores can reuse the animation from Toad so less work.

But I had another idea.

My Daisy moveset (Peach semiclone)
B: Thwomp. In the same way Peach pulls out Toad, Daisy pulls out a huge Thwomp. It is extremely strong but slow. Perfect edgeguard and suits her crazy princess persona. Not a counter

Side B: Daisy Pounce. Same as Peach Bomber, but instead of using her butt she faces forward like a tackle. Also petals instead of hearts.

Up B: Daisy Glider. It doesn't go as high as Peach Parasol. But it travels faster horizontally!

Down B: Dice Blocks. Daisy throws dice blocks that explode into confetti when thrown. The number is random, and the higher, the more powerful the explosion. Instead of plucking them from the ground they just poof into her hands.

See, Daisy can still be awesome as a semiclone lol
Maybe it can be an attacking move and spit out poison that slows people down? Oh, and to cheer up the mood

Let me in Smash sweetie!
This art is beautiful!! Very nice colors. I can totally see her saying that. Damn I hope she gets into Smash Switch.

Just throwing my two cents here, not really a supporter for Daisy here. But I will say that at the very least, I think Daisy is on relatively equal terms with Waluigi. Maybe Waluigi being an assist trophy and arguably more popular would give him the advantage should only one of the two make it.

But to be honest, I feel it's either a "They're both in, or they're both out" situation. If a newcomer trailer for Smash ever took place on a Mario party board, Mario Kart track (Speaking of which, Rainbow Road was used for Rosalina's reveal), or perhaps what would fit most (Because that's where both started their spin-off careers): A tennis court. It might focus on one for a little while but the other would probably follow suit within the same trailer.

I personally like Waluigi alot more, but I feel he and Daisy are very much tied to the hip when it comes to getting playable in Smash. Though at this point I think both are out is still more likely then both are in. I don't see either getting in this Smash. At the very least not in the main game. DLC's proven to be alot less predictable if Smash 4's choices were anything to go by. So who knows once we get there.
I also strongly believe that it's either both of them get in, or both of them do not. I think it would be fitting for the two iconic spin off stars as the next newcomers, and it would be odd to exclude 1 while the other gets in (thought, I'd prefer if only Daisy got in, haha).

Also it makes me mad when people say to stop comparing Daisy to other characters and consider it insulting, even when they are always doing the same to Daisy. Comparing = unoffensive. Plus, all of them are glorifying Waluigi and saying he can do anything better despite "No comparing to others!!"

Last edited:

Mr.J

Smash Apprentice
I'm all onboard the Daisy train, seeing how she's been added in most Mario spin-offs as well as some titles such as Super Mario Maker and Super Mario Run, I would say her chances are pretty high up there. But yeah, the only gripe I would have with her is if she was a clone, personally I do not like having clones over original movesets.

And since she's mostly assosiated with Peach, Sakurai might see that as an opportunity to make her a carbon copy of Peach. But I hope that's not the case, as I know Daisy has a ton of moves that could be quite different from Peach, even more so since her games are mostly handheld, so adding a moveset based on Mario's abilities in Super Mario Land wouldn't hurt her from being different.
But either way, I support this thread, and I hope for the best for Daisy and her fans.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
As far as a meat shield, I'd say go for the Bombshell Koopa.

Sure the explosion would be risky, but that would be a nice way to use that weird Koopa species.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

Luigi: Daisy, just ignore her and walk away...
Daisy: What? She’s in our way.

Screenshot by me since I finally got mods on my Wii U

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Once seen everything that was generated yesterday in the other post, it's amazing to see a character like Daisy receive so many comments, debate and attention...

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
I am not really a fan of skin swaps as mods. The current Daisy one feels a bit tacky in my opinion. The idle animation does not suit her.

Morbi

Scavenger
Once seen everything that was generated yesterday in the other post, it's amazing to see a character like Daisy receive so many comments, debate and attention...
Awareness is a character's greatest tool. While most of the attention was largely negative, it does not really matter so much as once the idea is there, people talk about the idea. That generated discussion translates into more supporters and blah blah blah, it helps.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sorry, been busy lately. Most notably taking care of Azure.

But to start a new topic, how would you feel about Daisy having a sliding kick for a dash attack? Too fitting or too boring?

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

But to start a new topic, how would you feel about Daisy having a sliding kick for a dash attack? Too fitting or too boring?
Not the most interesting to me; I’d prefer she slide her whole body to attack or trip on her dress to be more rough n tumble. Plus when she slides/trips their can be an animation of flowers on the ground!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not the most interesting to me; I’d prefer she slide her whole body to attack or trip on her dress to be more rough n tumble. Plus when she slides/trips their can be an animation of flowers on the ground!
That would be a more fitting compromise at least.

I agree.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
People like these have no creativity, Sakurai was able to give a moveset to characters like Duck Hunt or Rob whi had no potential.

Also Sakurai seems to hate Waluigi so I won't say he is as likely as his fans claims.
I know this post was a while ago but more people should see it imo.

Daisy has more than enough moveset potential to not be a clone of Peach. As a huge fan of Mario Strikers I'd love if they gave her that design and made her moveset completely different than Peach's.

If she is announced sadly I'd expect a Ness/Lucas situation, which isn't too bad. I'd be a little bothered that they left so much material behind in favor of making her "just another semi-clone," but at least she'd finally be in the game.

Tl;dr "not enough moveset potential," and "she'd just be a clone of Peach" are terrible arguments.

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
Good afternoon guys!

I would like her to have some sort of lunging forward dash....it would be hilarious to see a move with such impact in a dress!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
A lot of people were pretending that Dixie was a shoe-in last time around, that she was blatantly given and was inevitable. Yet, here we are. I just feel as though this is a lingering effect of that. People strongly believe she is an obvious candidate. And, in a lot of ways, there are people who "want" characters based on how likely they are. I honestly used to be one of them. I would get excited for characters, such as Shulk, that I knew absolutely nothing about and ended up disliking as a result. The only reason I vaguely "wanted" him was because I knew he was an obvious choice that was coming regardless. Dixie might be in that same category. Or maybe she just has a lot of hyper defensive fans? It does not really matter, I suppose. In the end, Daisy is not going to be weighed against Dixie unless they are at a similar priority and there is room for both of them, or, like last time, neither of them. It is just fun to talk about.
You are missing the point.
All supporters of Dixie are bald.

And her long, blond, prehensile hair, is the perfect inclusion.

Statistically.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Evem more than RIDLEY?!
Welcome compared the number of people that are against the idea of Ridley in Smash compared to Daisy in Smash.

It would had been more for the former, but people had long moveset on since Sakurai more of less explained why he can't work, plus the whole Shokio debacle.

The only think we got going for us is [REDACTED] since he is an infamous troublemaker that turn EVERYONE off of Daisy. Yes, I censored his name because we can't talk about banned users.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Welcome compared the number of people that are against the idea of Ridley in Smash compared to Daisy in Smash.

It would had been more for the former, but people had long moveset on since Sakurai more of less explained why he can't work, plus the whole Shokio debacle.

The only think we got going for use is [REDACTED] since he is an infamous troublemaker that turn EVERYONE off of Daisy. Yes, I censored his name because we can't talk about banned users.
Nothing new there, people are overly emotional creatures. So, if someone that they do not like enjoys something, their only real power is to dislike that particular thing in response. Sort of pathetic.

It is irrelevant. When push comes to shove, Sakurai is not going to disclude Daisy because some troll angered a tons of forum goers. Albeit, it is unfortunate that support is muted for such trivial disparagement.

sman3579

Smash Cadet
Eeehhhhh, too be honest if they added Daisy I’d want them to do it in one of the 2 following ways.

1. Make her a skin of Peach. Leave Peach with her 8 costumes then have another 8 costumes for Daisy. Sort of how like the Koopalings are skins of one another, and how Little Mac has 8 regular skins and 8 wireframe skins.

2. Make her and Waluigi share a slot (4 skins each) and give them a move set based off of the sports games. That way we can get them both in the game and at the same time not liter the roster with too many Mario slots. Plus since they only really do appear in Sports games it’s easy to make a move set they can share, and luckily they are the same build, tall and skinny. It just works.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Eeehhhhh, too be honest if they added Daisy I’d want them to do it in one of the 2 following ways.

1. Make her a skin of Peach. Leave Peach with her 8 costumes then have another 8 costumes for Daisy. Sort of how like the Koopalings are skins of one another, and how Little Mac has 8 regular skins and 8 wireframe skins.

2. Make her and Waluigi share a slot (4 skins each) and give them a move set based off of the sports games. That way we can get them both in the game and at the same time not liter the roster with too many Mario slots. Plus since they only really do appewr in Sports games it’s easy to make move set they can share, and luckily they are the same build, tall and skinny. It just works.
I never thought about the second idea. That would be sick. A bit of extra work on the development team's part, but I do believe that they would represent sports better together than just arbitrarily deciding on an ambassador.

I would not call them the same build per se, but close enough that it could work, I suppose.

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings

2. Make her and Waluigi share a slot (4 skins each) and give them a move set based off of the sports games. That way we can get them both in the game and at the same time not liter the roster with too many Mario slots. Plus since they only really do appear in Sports games it’s easy to make a move set they can share, and luckily they are the same build, tall and skinny. It just works.
Hmmm....like Rick, Kine and Coo? The trophy descriptions would have to be creative and they do not share the same build.

sman3579

Smash Cadet
Hmmm....like Rick, Kine and Coo? The trophy descriptions would have to be creative and they do not share the same build.
Maybe not exactly the same but close enough for it to work. Both are y’all and skinny. Obviously Waluigi is more lengthy in arms and length, but the basics of their body type is close enough for it to work. Like how they had to upsize Lemmy cause he is smaller than the other Koopalings but it worked.

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
Maybe not exactly the same but close enough for it to work. Both are y’all and skinny. Obviously Waluigi is more lengthy in arms and length, but the basics of their body type is close enough for it to work. Like how they had to upsize Lemmy cause he is smaller than the other Koopalings but it worked.
Well Lemmy did fight in a Koopa Clown Car

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

At those points I'd just say, why not make clones?
Like, alts are the outlier for when there's not even time for what Sakurai calls "a free dessert"
Why go all out on making sure they match models, moveset and motion when they can co-exist in different slots, with more freedom and nuances added.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
The only think we got going for us is [REDACTED] since he is an infamous troublemaker that turn EVERYONE off of Daisy. Yes, I censored his name because we can't talk about banned users.
Oh yeah... him...
I'm not mentioning the first one because I just don't see it happening. For the second one however I have mixed feelings, it's creative but it's a bit off.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not sure what topic to really start.

How many of you feel that she should have Super Mario Land elements in her moveset?

Would it be a nice way to callback to her roots or just be pointless fanservice.

Top Bottom