• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I want to make a couple points.

The game has been worked on for awhile now. Data suggests around 2 years which is the regular development cycle for a Smash game.

Not every game release is going to be handled the exact same way every time. Nintendo may literally have the full playable version ready for the E3 invitationals and release the game after, we just don't know how they want to handle it.

Also remember Smash has a history of being delayed. It happened with 4 and Brawl, it could happen here too.

I don't know what your low expectations are pertaining to exactly, but I don't think the quick transition from announcement to demo should be the cause of them.
The few expectations are for the lack of information and we are less than a year away from launching the game. I may be wrong and they can show a lot of things in the coming months.
I hope many new things to take advantage of the potential of Switch, now they don't have the excuse of the limitations of 3DS.
They did say that the Ballot would influence future games, not just Smash.
But thanks to these future games, the character may have more opportunities to be in Smash Bros.

Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, Super Mario Run, be one of the main stars of Mario Sports Superstars, costume in Super Mario Maker and Miitopia... If that isn't worthy to be in Smash, I don't understand. #DaisyforSmash

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
The few expectations are for the lack of information and we are less than a year away from launching the game. I may be wrong and they can show a lot of things in the coming months.
I hope many new things to take advantage of the potential of Switch, now they don't have the excuse of the limitations of 3DS.

But thanks to these future games, the character may have more opportunities to be in Smash Bros.

Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, Super Mario Run, be one of the main stars of Mario Sports Superstars, costume in Super Mario Maker and Miitopia... If that isn't worthy to be in Smash, I don't understand. #DaisyforSmash
Yeah, people may say all these little points are not significant, but I definitely think it is suspiciously a lot of good appearances all in a short amount of time. I mean, if you look back to previous times, she was excluded from Puzzles and Dragons, the 3DS Starlets, and the initial batch of Mario Maker costumes. There is such a contrast now.

Even small signs, like her appearing as a Miitopia costume or on a 2018 Mario calendar but not Wario or Waluigi make me feel a little suspicious, lol.

Plus, 2019 is her 30th anniversary.

I'm not saying any of this guarantees her into Smash, but it definitely proves that Nintendo acknowledges how much people want her.

Last edited:

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, people may say all these little points are not significant, but I definitely think it is suspiciously a lot of good appearances all in a short amount of time. I mean, if you look back to previous times, she was excluded from Puzzles and Dragons, the 3DS Starlets, and the initial batch of Mario Maker costumes. There is such a contrast now.

Even small signs, like her appearing as a Miitopia costume or on a 2018 Mario calendar but not Wario or Waluigi make me feel a little suspicious, lol.

Plus, 2019 is her 30th anniversary.

I'm not saying any of this guarantees her into Smash, but it definitely proves that Nintendo acknowledges how much people want her.
Oh yes! I really hope that Daisy gets something special for her 30th anniversary! Year of Daisy 2019!

Also, did you know that Mario Tennis Aces has special trick moves for each character? Here are some of Peach's.

https://i.imgur.com/U06pZ5Z.gif

https://i.imgur.com/BhkmZU0.gif

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I think it would be goals if Daisy had 4 palette in her dress and 4 in her sports outfit. But as it was discussed the hitboxes of her model would probably prevent this from being a thing.

I think it could work if Daisy's main palettes were the sports outfit and her other palettes were the golf dress. Since both have no long dress obviously. But all in all, every costume being the dress would most likely happen. lol
Oh yes! I really hope that Daisy gets something special for her 30th anniversary! Year of Daisy 2019!

Also, did you know that Mario Tennis Aces has special trick moves for each character? Here are some of Peach's.

https://i.imgur.com/U06pZ5Z.gif

https://i.imgur.com/BhkmZU0.gif
Yeah I noticed. But I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see Daisy's! I will be excited to see it since it has been a WHILE since we have had a Mario game with lengthy special moves. I don't count the quick effect ones in the Olympic games or golf, but rather those in Mario Sports Mix, Power Tennis, etc. I want to see Daisy using her flower powers once again

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
To me 2017 was the best year for Daisy along with 1989 and 2000 for obvious reasons.
Mario Sports Superstars spotlight, Miitopia, Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, Super Mario Run, LINE stickers 3rd wave and plenty of other references.

Think about it, Rosalina was confirmed for Smash after her announcement in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, Daisy got in the game in the same way too. Not to mention that MKAGPDX totally planned Rosalina in 2013 and she was added last second in 3D world in the same year yet she was already planned for Smash back in 2012... maybe this will be the same for Daisy with her Arcade GP DX and Super Mario Run appearances? Maybe all of this was planned all along? Who knows really.

The scheme is pretty similar:
1- Gets into Mario Kart Arcade GP DX
2- Gets into a Main game
3- Gets few other games and references (Daisy had it before anddoes after point 1 & 2)
4- Gets into Smash

Daisy already surpassed the first 3 points, finger crosses for surpassing the 4th one too!

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Found some cute fanart that you all may like.

Though yeah, I am expecting something for Daisy's anniversary. Her being in Smash would be a bit TOO ambitious, but we just may see.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
To me 2017 was the best year for Daisy along with 1989 and 2000 for obvious reasons.
Mario Sports Superstars spotlight, Miitopia, Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, Super Mario Run, LINE stickers 3rd wave and plenty of other references.

Think about it, Rosalina was confirmed for Smash after her announcement in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, Daisy got in the game in the same way too. Not to mention that MKAGPDX totally planned Rosalina in 2013 and she was added last second in 3D world in the same year yet she was already planned for Smash back in 2012... maybe this will be the same for Daisy with her Arcade GP DX and Super Mario Run appearances? Maybe all of this was planned all along? Who knows really.

The scheme is pretty similar:
1- Gets into Mario Kart Arcade GP DX
2- Gets into a Main game
3- Gets few other games and references (Daisy had it before anddoes after point 1 & 2)
4- Gets into Smash

Daisy already surpassed the first 3 points, finger crosses for surpassing the 4th one too!
Hopefully that fourth point will come true. If Rosalina had the opportunity, Daisy deserves it too...
With the extra that she has appeared in seventy games, in addition to knowing her since 1989.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I would love to see Daisy played in the competitive Smash scene! It would be a blast to watch and see people discuss her matchups.

Yeah but I just find 2017 better
same. In 2016 it wasn't just Daisy who got an amiibo, others like Waluigi got one as well.

In 2017 she got a distinct type of spotlight from everyone else.

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see Daisy played in the competitive Smash scene! It would be a blast to watch and see people discuss her matchups.

same. In 2016 it wasn't just Daisy who got an amiibo, others like Waluigi got one as well.

Exactly, this is why I liked 2017 more.
Thanks to this year now I think Daisy has the most chances of joining Smash tied with Waluigi and Paper Mario compared to any other Mario character.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
https://nintendoeverything.com/nint...nd-splatoon-2-world-championship-for-e3-2018/
With the release of a possible demo of the game in E3 2018, the game is getting closer and closer to being released, although I suppose its premiere will be at Christmas.

I have low expectations, they have announced it with little notice before their departure, contrary to their predecessor. How many new characters will there be? And playable mechanics?
I hope there is a Direct Smash before, to release a lot more information, because at the moment we have nothing, just the inclusion of a character.
Hopefully, they will take advantage of Switch's potential, hopefully it will be a game with many add-ons and hopefully Daisy will be on the list of new playable characters.
So we have to wait a month, let the speculation rain until then mates.

Morbi

Scavenger

And what was that exactly? Everyone keeps mentioning 2017, but I am not recalling anything substantial. DaisyandRosalina wrote out a list; however, none of it felt "distinct."

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Honestly, I've stopped playing mobile games as a whole.

But I would still congratulate Daisy on being in Super Mario Run.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
If Daisy is in Smash I hope they use the loudest and obnoxious voices of hers that emphasize the tomboyishness. In some games like MP 10 they kind of go the girly route with most of her voice clips compared to those in MKWii.
Oh, I had no idea. It almost makes me want to download it. Almost.
lol really? We talk about it a lot here. But yeah, it's the first platformer she appears in since Super Mario Land.

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
It really sucks that Daisy isn't taken more seriously as a viable contender for Smash. I think she would really be able to shine if they did her right. Especially with the movesets I have been reading that suggest her having her Strikers' crystals.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
It really sucks that Daisy isn't taken more seriously as a viable contender for Smash. I think she would really be able to shine if they did her right. Especially with the movesets I have been reading that suggest her having her Strikers' crystals.
Agreed. It also bothers me when people say Daisy has no moveset potential but Waluigi does and he's more likely. I'm like... "Care to explain?" They usually have the most bizarre arguments like "OH Waluigi already represents the sports games as an Assist Trophy so if they were to add a Mario spin off character, it would be him."

One could then argue that he may possibly return as an Assist Trophy again. And besides that, who says we can't get a character who uses sports moves if an Assist Trophy already uses them?

Peach had sports moves before he even became an Assist, plus, Wii Fit Trainer is essentially an athletics character. And the whole "he/she represents it better" ideology is more of a statement than an argument.

And with that logic, we apparently shouldn't get any more swordsmen in Smash cause there are too many, but that didn't stop the new ones in SSB4.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman

Actually, it is a success. By:
1. Since her appearance in Super Mario Land, she has once again appeared in a main game.
2. Mobile games have more visualization and scale globally than console games.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

It's still a milestone in my eyes.
That's what I think too.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's still a milestone in my eyes.
Actually, it is a success. By:
1. Since her appearance in Super Mario Land, she has once again appeared in a main game.
2. Mobile games have more visualization and scale globally than console games.
I know, I know. I was just saying that I don't play mobile games since most of them left a bad taste in my mouth (Looking at you Pokemon Go).

Though you two are right in these sense that Super Mario Run was Daisy's biggest accomplishment last year. Although her getting in over some fan favorites like Wario or Waluigi comes off as odd.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I know, I know. I was just saying that I don't play mobile games since most of them left a bad taste in my mouth (Looking at you Pokemon Go).

Though you two are right in these sense that Super Mario Run was Daisy's biggest accomplishment last year. Although her getting in over some fan favorites like Wario or Waluigi comes off as odd.
Wario already has his own series of games although seeing him in a Mario platformer would be nice, and as for Waluigi I can't say I have a clue, but maybe, perhaps it could have something to do with the fact that Daisy originates from a main Mario game while Waluigi doesn't? I realize it may be a poor argument, but other than that I haven't got a clue.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wario already has his own series of games although seeing him in a Mario platformer would be nice, and as for Waluigi I can't say I have a clue, but maybe, perhaps it could have something to do with the fact that Daisy originates from a main Mario game while Waluigi doesn't? I realize it may be a poor argument, but other than that I haven't got a clue.
We may never truly know about how these characters were determined for Super Mario Run. THat's why we need developmental interviews for these mobile games.

And that argument holds no water when Toadette was a character that primarily appeared in spinoffs, even Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker counts as one, and she was playable.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. It also bothers me when people say Daisy has no moveset potential but Waluigi does and he's more likely. I'm like... "Care to explain?" They usually have the most bizarre arguments like "OH Waluigi already represents the sports games as an Assist Trophy so if they were to add a Mario spin off character, it would be him."

One could then argue that he may possibly return as an Assist Trophy again. And besides that, who says we can't get a character who uses sports moves if an Assist Trophy already uses them?

Peach had sports moves before he even became an Assist, plus, Wii Fit Trainer is essentially an athletics character. And the whole "he/she represents it better" ideology is more of a statement than an argument.

And with that logic, we apparently shouldn't get any more swordsmen in Smash cause there are too many, but that didn't stop the new ones in SSB4.
People like these have no creativity, Sakurai was able to give a moveset to characters like Duck Hunt or Rob whi had no potential.

Also Sakurai seems to hate Waluigi so I won't say he is as likely as his fans claims.

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
Smashboards Rate Their Chances is coming up and everyone is ranking Daisy low, yet Paper Mario high :(

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I think Daisy appeared because she has an easier model to make than others
I don't think that's the reason, if not, Daisy would have appeared in Super Mario 3D World.
Smashboards Rate Their Chances is coming up and everyone is ranking Daisy low, yet Paper Mario high :(
Everyone in this group has to vote high for Daisy. I don't care much about people who think negatively about the character, each person has their own tastes, but what really matters to me more if Sakurai includes her in the game or not.

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
I don't think that's the reason, if not, Daisy would have appeared in Super Mario 3D World.

Everyone in this group has to vote high for Daisy. I don't care much about people who think negatively about the character, each person has their own tastes, but what really matters to me more if Sakurai includes her in the game or not.
I just feel afraid that the main reason for keeping Daisy out of Smash is that fact that a lot of people...don't seem to want her in at all. I mean, I want Daisy in a lot and I see potential for her as a Smash fighter. But I think a lot of people here have not seen it :(

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I just feel afraid that the main reason for keeping Daisy out of Smash is that fact that a lot of people...don't seem to want her in at all. I mean, I want Daisy in a lot and I see potential for her as a Smash fighter. But I think a lot of people here have not seen it :(
Nintendo listens to the positive popularity, while the negative popularity is ignored, because the important thing is that people talk about the character. If Daisy gets to enter the game, her positive popularity will increase a lot.

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
Nintendo listens to the positive popularity, while the negative popularity is ignored, because the important thing is that people talk about the character. If Daisy gets to enter the game, her positive popularity will increase a lot.
I am almost certain that this will be so! However, I am quite worried that no one really shares much enthusiasm. People say that Luigi is underrated but I feel like Daisy has been waiting for her time to shine for so long...and I feel like we have gotten so close to that with crossovers, her amiibo and her mobile debut, but I am afraid that Sakurai may not show any interest in her.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The difference between the scores of Paper Mario and Daisy aren't that big, and I'd say 10% is a solid chance for the heavily contested, possibly non-existent position of "Mario newcomer"

Paper Mario got a big boost between the last Smash game and now, with one crossover and a brand new game to call his own, including tons of moveset potential.
Daisy has had a great year as well, but it's not like ten Mario spin-offs released in a year that all included new moveset material for Daisy

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
The difference between the scores of Paper Mario and Daisy aren't that big, and I'd say 10% is a solid chance for the heavily contested, possibly non-existent position of "Mario newcomer"

Paper Mario got a big boost between the last Smash game and now, with one crossover and a brand new game to call his own, including tons of moveset potential.
Daisy has had a great year as well, but it's not like ten Mario spin-offs released in a year that all included new moveset material for Daisy
Mario Tennis Aces looks pretty neat in that regard, each character has new moves to show off! In terms of movesets I think it will not be a problem because they based a lot of made up moves around one theme for many characters. Princess Peach had a lot of moves from rather obscure appearances.

I think Paper Mario is let down by the fact that he would be a third version of Mario in a game with few Mario characters.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wait, Daisy is coming to the RTC that fast?

Well I am not expecting much since she is a controversial character. Well other than the fact that spinoff characters would be seen as unlikely for any series.

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
Wait, Daisy is coming to the RTC that fast?

Well I am not expecting much since she is a controversial character. Well other than the fact that spinoff characters would be seen as unlikely for any series.
Well how many spinoff characters are there in other series?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well how many spinoff characters are there in other series?
Other than the many Mario spinoff characters we know (Daisy, Waluigi, and Toadette), there's the Hyrule Warriors Trio (Lana, Cia, and Linkle), Pokemon Ranger, the Fire Emblem Warriors duo (Lianna and Rowne), the Fire Emblem Heroes OC's (Alphonse, Shareena, Veronica, Bruno, Fjorm, Loli, Surtr, etc), the Pokemon GO Gym Leaders (Spark, Blanche, and Candela), the F-Zero Maximum Overdrive racers, and the Federation Force from Metroid.

Clearly, most of these characters are less likelier than others. But Sakurai seem to have something against spinoff characters as fighters, well, if we look at his statement on Waluigi. Other than the obvious fact that not one newcomer we have gotten originates from a spinofff.

Last edited:

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
Other than the many Mario spinoff characters we know (Daisy, Waluigi, and Toadette), there's the Hyrule Warriors Trio (Lana, Cia, and Linkle), Pokemon Ranger, the Fire Emblem Warriors duo (Lianna and Rowne), the Fire Emblem Heroes OC's (Alphonse, Shareena, Veronica, Bruno, Fjorm, Loli, Surtr, etc), the Pokemon GO Gym Leaders (Spark, Blanche, and Candela), the F-Zero Maximum Overdrive racers, and the Federation Force from Metroid.

Clearly, most of these characters are less likelier than others. But Sakurai seem to have something against spinoff characters as fighters, well, if we look at his statement on Waluigi. Other than the obvious fact that not one newcomer we have gotten originates from a spinofff.
Doctor Mario does.

Top Bottom