• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I would take it.

As much as I would prefer her own slot, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

If Koopaling and Alph fans are alright with an alt, then so can I.
Nah, there are Alph fans out there that would rather Alph be his own character just for a second Pikmin rep.

Though you are right about Koopaling fans being happy with the alts.

Morbi

Scavenger
Nah, there are Alph fans out there that would rather Alph be his own character just for a second Pikmin rep.

Though you are right about Koopaling fans being happy with the alts.
I am sure that there are Koopaling fans that wanted them to be their own character as well. In general, something is better than nothing.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I am sure that there are Koopaling fans that wanted them to be their own character as well. In general, something is better than nothing.
That's going to be a lot of slots if they made every individual Koopaling like Mario Kart. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What if, instead of any new Mario character, ALL of the Koopalings are playable and separated from Bowser Jr?

RIP Paper Mario, Captain Toad, Waluigi, Pauline, Daisy, Nabbit, and Geno,

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What if, instead of any new Mario character, ALL of the Koopalings are playable and separated from Bowser Jr?

RIP Paper Mario, Captain Toad, Waluigi, Pauline, Daisy, Nabbit, and Geno,
As hilarious as that sounds, I doubt Sakurai would be THAT cruel.

This isn't Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Smash Edition. :laugh:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Daisy has one notable advantage over Waluigi, Daisy has a similar body structure and is only half a head shorter than Peach, whereas Waluigi is Luigi's caricature.

So Daisy could easily use some of Peach's animations clone or semi-clone style, but Waluigi would need to be built from scratch.
Like I said previously, I am 100% chill with her being a semi-clone ala :4falco:, :4feroy: if the differences are enough to stay true to her character.
I don't care about the uproar that could be generated if that happens, Waluigi is heard more, but it's just for being a meme, not for having real fans.

That isn't true in part. That is, Daisy's model is easier to do, but Waluigi's model is also, because he is already an assistant in the game.

Hopefully this is the game where Daisy arrives at the battle...
How I wish more people thought like you.

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
Well I don't think irrelevance is even a factor that kept Daisy out of Smash. Look at this

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...ans-one-most-requested-smash-bros-characters/

The fact that Geno of all Mario characters managed to get Sakurai's attention from lots of fan requests and fan mail, and legal issues being one of the only roadblocks, gives me hope that Daisy can happen in Smash regardless of whether she is in the next "mainline" game or not. I think we are just lacking the drive and passion that a lot of Geno fans had. How are we doing for supporters compared to the other wanted characters?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well I don't think irrelevance is even a factor that kept Daisy out of Smash. Look at this

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...ans-one-most-requested-smash-bros-characters/

The fact that Geno of all Mario characters managed to get Sakurai's attention from lots of fan requests and fan mail, and legal issues being one of the only roadblocks, gives me hope that Daisy can happen in Smash regardless of whether she is in the next "mainline" game or not. I think we are just lacking the drive and passion that a lot of Geno fans had. How are we doing for supporters compared to the other wanted characters?
We are still technically dwarfed in comparison to those that want Waluigi, Captain Toad, and Paper Mario as far as noise throughout the fandom.

And the whole "clone argument" is one of the big reasons why things stay stagnant. As well as a former supporter of ours who is better off not being mentioned here. He's a troublemaker that makes anyone turned off from the idea of Daisy and I will leave it at that.

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
This may be an unpopular opinion, but would you guys settle for Daisy getting the Alph treatment?
I would get a little mad honestly, because Daisy is not really fitting with Peach's moves.

Daisy has one notable advantage over Waluigi, Daisy has a similar body structure and is only half a head shorter than Peach, whereas Waluigi is Luigi's caricature.

So Daisy could easily use some of Peach's animations clone or semi-clone style, but Waluigi would need to be built from scratch.
As someone said, Waluigi already got an in-game model, but the real advantage that Daisy got is that Sakurai seems to hate Waluigi.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah. His quote about Waluigu last time makes me believe his chances aren't as high as many would like to believe

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
And once again, I'm going to have to state, that quote wasn't against Waluigi. It was a literal reference to his trophy in Brawl.

Edit: To keep this on topic about Daisy, I'm fairly certain it would be both or none if there's any additions from this quarter.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And once again, I'm going to have to state, that quote wasn't against Waluigi. It was a literal reference to his trophy in Brawl.

Edit: To keep this on topic about Daisy, I'm fairly certain it would be both or none if there's any additions from this quarter.
And we would be lucky enough to get both.

But only time would tell.

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
What would you guys think if some of Daisy's moves could trigger a small Lip's Stick effect if they hit the sweet spot? It would obviously be nerfed but it would be a fun way to call back to her flower motif.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
A lot of times I had wondered what Daisy's Smash dress would look like, but I think it would be fine and actually cool if they just keep her dress exactly how it is in the Mario series while giving Peach the stylized frilly one. It would suit her and show that she's elegant but not THAT elegant. Plus it just makes their designs different enough while not having to create a new outfit for Daisy. I'm also remembering how in Melee, Peach's Daisy costume was simple and a contrast from hers.

What would you guys think if some of Daisy's moves could trigger a small Lip's Stick effect if they hit the sweet spot? It would obviously be nerfed but it would be a fun way to call back to her flower motif.
I think that would be very fitting and always imagined that specific effect when thinking up a moveset for her.

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice

Uhm... it doesn't seems to me... but wait are we talking about the same quote?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Flowers are an important part of her, so I wouldn't be against it.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
My idea was that she could have a Superball on the field and when she'd intercept it with a Catch Ball special, she'd throw the ball again and it'd gain a flower effect, possibly even growing a small garden at its landing spot

Morbi

Scavenger
I believe Jigglypuff had a custom move that did it. So it is not entirely out of the realm of possibility. Most sweet spots do increased knock-back and/or higher damage; however, it would be cool to just inflict a status ailment and the Lipstick was really one of the only notable status effects in Smash history. I guess sleep as well, but that would obviously be busted and have nothing to do with her character.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
My idea was that she could have a Superball on the field and when she'd intercept it with a Catch Ball special, she'd throw the ball again and it'd gain a flower effect, possibly even growing a small garden at its landing spot
Great idea, that would be a great element to have.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Other than just sports moves, another way that would be awesome to depict Daisy in Smash would be as a crazy princess, using everything she can to win. This includes maybe swinging around a Chain Chomp, throwing brick blocks, and even swinging a flag pole at opponents! A lot of wacky objects, basically. Another user (guybrush I believe) also suggested her throwing kart parts like tires at her opponent. That would be badass.

A dice block move would also tie in perfectly with such a moveset.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Other than just sports moves, another way that would be awesome to depict Daisy in Smash would be as a crazy princess, using everything she can to win. This includes maybe swinging around a Chain Chomp, throwing brick blocks, and even swinging a flag pole at opponents! A lot of wacky objects, basically. Another user (guybrush I believe) also suggested her throwing kart parts like tires at her opponent. That would be badass.

A dice block move would also tie in perfectly with such a moveset.
So make her a see-aggressive fighting clown?

I would be behind that idea alot. Now I can't stop picturing her throwing a Chain Chomp at someone.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So many different moveset ideas for Daisy, you could make a whole fighting game roster out of them.

Super Smash Daisys anyone?

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
A recent video of Daisy vs Deadpool in a modded Smash 4 battle.

I know Daisy has the exact same animations as Peach, but when she swings the fire stick Bowser castle item (don't know the name), it suits her sooo well lol. Perfectly shows off the crazy princess persona.

Hope Sakurai considers her.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
A recent video of Daisy vs Deadpool in a modded Smash 4 battle.

I know Daisy has the exact same animations as Peach, but when she swings the fire stick Bowser castle item (don't know the name), it suits her sooo well lol. Perfectly shows off the crazy princess persona.

Hope Sakurai considers her.
I hope so too, but for now, it seems that this will have to do.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
https://nintendoeverything.com/nint...nd-splatoon-2-world-championship-for-e3-2018/
With the release of a possible demo of the game in E3 2018, the game is getting closer and closer to being released, although I suppose its premiere will be at Christmas.

I have low expectations, they have announced it with little notice before their departure, contrary to their predecessor. How many new characters will there be? And playable mechanics?
I hope there is a Direct Smash before, to release a lot more information, because at the moment we have nothing, just the inclusion of a character.
Hopefully, they will take advantage of Switch's potential, hopefully it will be a game with many add-ons and hopefully Daisy will be on the list of new playable characters.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
https://nintendoeverything.com/nint...nd-splatoon-2-world-championship-for-e3-2018/
With the release of a possible demo of the game in E3 2018, the game is getting closer and closer to being released, although I suppose its premiere will be at Christmas.

I have low expectations, they have announced it with little notice before their departure, contrary to their predecessor. How many new characters will there be? And playable mechanics?
I hope there is a Direct Smash before, to release a lot more information, because at the moment we have nothing, just the inclusion of a character.
Hopefully, they will take advantage of Switch's potential, hopefully it will be a game with many add-ons and hopefully Daisy will be on the list of new playable characters.
I want to make a couple points.

The game has been worked on for awhile now. Data suggests around 2 years which is the regular development cycle for a Smash game.

Not every game release is going to be handled the exact same way every time. Nintendo may literally have the full playable version ready for the E3 invitationals and release the game after, we just don't know how they want to handle it.

Also remember Smash has a history of being delayed. It happened with 4 and Brawl, it could happen here too.

I don't know what your low expectations are pertaining to exactly, but I don't think the quick transition from announcement to demo should be the cause of them.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I want to make a couple points.

The game has been worked on for awhile now. Data suggests around 2 years which is the regular development cycle for a Smash game.

Not every game release is going to be handled the exact same way every time. Nintendo may literally have the full playable version ready for the E3 invitationals and release the game after, we just don't know how they want to handle it.

Also remember Smash has a history of being delayed. It happened with 4 and Brawl, it could happen here too.

I don't know what your low expectations are pertaining to exactly, but I don't think the quick transition from announcement to demo should be the cause of them.
I don't think Smash 4 was delayed?

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
A while back, people had suggested that Daisy appearing in Mario Run was too late to mean she'd be included into smash, but what if her being in Mario run happened as a result of maybe Sakurai considering her for the game? Just a theory, but maybe all of the good 2017 appearances she made were a chain reaction that began with people wanting her in the Smash Ballot. Perhaps it was all planned together? lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They did say that the Ballot would influence future games, not just Smash.

Top Bottom