• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Melee thread: We have a scene again!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Wow.....either you all started failing at this game or Sos is that good...all I saw were like four stocks in that video...

Or maybe the people with the fourstocks and bad DI were the sucky people Idk...but wow lol stop letting that happen...train your n00bs pl0x

See you all August 1st btw =p

K1T3

Smash Lord
Wow.....either you all started failing at this game or Sos is that good...all I saw were like four stocks in that video...

Or maybe the people with the fourstocks and bad DI were the sucky people Idk...but wow lol stop letting that happen...train your n00bs pl0x

SOS was the highest placing Texas player at Genesis with like 20somethingish, so yeah he's pretty good.
I doubt you could do much better against him.

But yeah we all suck now cause none of us get to play =P

Sybawave

Smash Ace
lawl....this shall be easy money then xD

And didn't this guy used to not live here? I could've sworn there was another guy named SoS from like OK or something. But to beat Caveman? Dang...someone whip him into shape please...

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531

SOS has a habit of only posting the videos where he wins by the biggest margin >.>

And I don't play space animals, yet he forces me to play them anyways :dizzy:

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
lawl....this shall be easy money then xD

And didn't this guy used to not live here? I could've sworn there was another guy named SoS from like OK or something. But to beat Caveman? Dang...someone whip him into shape please...
mangz ive been around playing melee in tx since it came out lol.

SOS has a habit of only posting the videos where he wins by the biggest margin >.>

And I don't play space animals, yet he forces me to play them anyways :dizzy:
i could easily upload the plethora amount of vids i have of me 4 stocking your peach which is your main character. . . or your ganon which is your 2ndary. and i dont force you. i suggest it and you do it because your a noob. besides it really doesnt matter what character you pick. i pwn you at this game. i taught you everything you know. unfortunately you never really learned much. >.> im not trying to be rude im just giving you reality.

oh and on a side note it is true that i do put the good stuff of me on. i mean it was a combo video afterall. . . but the majority of those players are amazing. like i said earlier in this thread. i suck at this game.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
^^Wow lol

Btw...seriously what is that sig about? I want ot know xD

And you should come to Houston...or stay there...depending on which tournament I can find my way too <_<

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
mangz ive been around playing melee in tx since it came out lol.

i could easily upload the plethora amount of vids i have of me 4 stocking your peach which is your main character. . . or your ganon which is your 2ndary. and i dont force you. i suggest it and you do it because your a noob. besides it really doesnt matter what character you pick. i pwn you at this game. i taught you everything you know. unfortunately you never really learned much. >.> im not trying to be rude im just giving you reality.

oh and on a side note it is true that i do put the good stuff of me on. i mean it was a combo video afterall. . . but the majority of those players are amazing. like i said earlier in this thread. i suck at this game.
chill out. I thought he was referring to that brinstar video where i was playing fox >.>

You're not being rude but you're being overly sensitive.... i know very well you can 4 stock me, not all the time but most of time and you don't really need to say it every time. :dizzy:

K1T3

Smash Lord
chill out. I thought he was referring to that brinstar video where i was playing fox >.>

You're not being rude but you're being overly sensitive.... i know very well you can 4 stock me, not all the time but most of time and you don't really need to say it every time. :dizzy:
you should really not let him 4 stock you....

hey, who did you play from norcal? I want to see if you played any of m closer friends
you should probably list your friends instead and he can tell you which ones hes ***** before or lost to =P

Fear

Smash Journeyman
stop 4 stockin people sos, i remember when u 4 stocked me i cried.

o yea and grats for how far u got
who'd u lose to

sos246

Smash Journeyman
stop 4 stockin people sos, i remember when u 4 stocked me i cried.

o yea and grats for how far u got
who'd u lose to
lol thanks :) i lost to zhu. he played fox and falco very well. im pretty sure he ended up beating m2k iirc.

And my account is two years older than yours :cool:

*Prepares to counter Multiple Accounts john*
pch what are you talkin about boy? lol jk :p

K1T3

Smash Lord
lol thanks :) i lost to zhu. he played fox and falco very well. im pretty sure he ended up beating m2k iirc.

pch what are you talkin about boy? lol jk :p
If you had beaten Falcomist in losers you woulda played Zhu again. Nub losing to Zhu a falco player =P, lrn2 gimp. Who did Falcomist use on you? I know he plays top tier, but he always switches.

I'm suprised you still have access to that account, nice.

Hey I may finally get to play you again if you show up to the tourney after work.

I remember you 4 stocking my me first 2 matches of my first tourney. Chain grabbing my nub marth cause I was a nub was not nice =P

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
If you had beaten Falcomist in losers you woulda played Zhu again. Nub losing to Zhu a falco player =P, lrn2 gimp. Who did Falcomist use on you? I know he plays top tier, but he always switches.
If you ever traveled anywhere Tommy, you'd realize any Falco player worth his salt these days will switch to Fox when a bad matchup comes up for Falco.

Peach vs Falco = Peach advantage

Peach vs Fox = Fox advantage.

They both played Falco then switched to Fox.

Fear

Smash Journeyman
zhu is fing insane i watched the videos of him , lol. i think he woulda got 2nd if he beat hungry box i bet he woulda beat armada. armada's sick too tho.

also ill see about bringin a cube to fs7

Suspect

Smash Hero
Kyle, if you waive my door fee, ill bring a copy of melee and a ...wii

same difference >_>

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Kyle, if you waive my door fee, ill bring a copy of melee and a ...wii

same difference >_>
I'll wave it if you are my reliable back up for keeping the bracket updated and running. I want to play in the tournament just as much as everyone else, and me playing a set for 15 to 20 minutes can set the tournament behind. So if you can back me up, I'm down with it.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Ight that's fine, what time do you want me to get there?
Probably 11 am. Sean said we would need to set it up ourselves, so I'd rather git er done before everyone comes crowding in.

U have a laptop Suspect? I was lucky to be able to use Xyro's at FS6, but right now I don't have an option.

My laptop, which has been in repair for ages, has been pronounced dead, never to be revived.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Yes i have a laptop with TIO

just need to make sure it stays plugged up at ALL times, my battery is hella dead

G@BE

Smash Lord
So where are you gonna start holding these tournaments after we were kicked out last time.

GameLot sure went down the hole :/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So where are you gonna start holding these tournaments after we were kicked out last time.

GameLot sure went down the hole :/
In case you were unaware (which I'm sure you are), we ran into some difficulties with Gamelot after "The Cell" (PC LANcenter of Gamelot) failed to host a successful Halo tournament.

Because of that, Gamelot decided to shut down all activities with console tournaments, Melee and Brawl included.

Kyle was able to convince them to keep FS7 going due to circumstance, but we were forced to cancel a Brawl tournament that next coming weekend.

If San Antonio wants to run more Melee/Brawl Tournaments, a new venue is going to have to be found.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I'm currently waiting it it out with Gamelot to see if Sean gets his stupid LAN center settled up.

Hopefully I can do a more serious UTSA event, if UTSA will ever let us do cash events.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
We should just talk to Cliff. There's some irregularities in his partner's logic for not letting us host tourneys there.

Exhibit A) Halo requires LAN, Smash Bros. does not. No day passes for LAN will have to be turned down.

Exhibit B) Smash tourneys at Gamelot ALWAYS have atleast a DECENT turnout.

Exhibit C) Any help?

P.S. MikeHAZE = too good.

P.P.S. Imy Suspect. :(

P.P.P.S. I thought this was the SA Brawl Thread >_>

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
We should just talk to Cliff. There's some irregularities in his partner's logic for not letting us host tourneys there.

Exhibit A) Halo requires LAN, Smash Bros. does not. No day passes for LAN will have to be turned down.

Exhibit B) Smash tourneys at Gamelot ALWAYS have atleast a DECENT turnout.

Exhibit C) Any help?
Good points and all, but I'm taking a short break from hosting as it is. I want to keep my calender free for the fall, since I will be involved in many many group projects. I also would like to attend some more out of town tourneys, possibly HOBO 18 or Battle at the Border 3 (Valley all fighters tourney, may have Brawl I think.)

As much as I love the Brawl community, the game itself is a pain in the *** to run as a TO. It's really the slowest game in history. It doesn't help that running the clock is a good strategy either, making matches run even longer. Plus people ***** and whine about it even being there in the first place. You can have any other game run fine on 2 or 3 tvs.... but Brawl takes double the amount to run at an effective pace.

Of course anyone is welcome to try to reason with Gamelot, but I'm waiting until Sean has himself fully settled in before I get back to putting events on the calender. Sean told me he would have a meeting with all the TO's soon, and I can give everyone new information then.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
would anybody here be possibly interested in playing monday morning? I may have free time to kill until I pick my girlfriend up, and I have yet to play anyone in the sa melee community

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
would anybody here be possibly interested in playing monday morning? I may have free time to kill until I pick my girlfriend up, and I have yet to play anyone in the sa melee community
Monday's no good for me, but they've been having smashfests at Hero's and Fantasies for a long time now on Wednesdays. It's located near 410 and Evers.

If you don't have a car, you can get to it by taking the 550 Looper all the way over there. People usually get there around 2, leave at 8 (store closes).

Top Bottom