• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
If dojo teaches someone MK why would they need to use any other character?

Kyle...have you decided if we are doing a low tourny yet? G5 is this saturday, you should of made a thread for it. Also how will be decide on port priority...rock paper scissors? or just whoever gets there 1st? lol

TheJerm

Smash Champion
You guys better come to HOBO 14. I'll MM anyone. Not that I want money or anything, I just want serious sets against people.. *looks at espy* >=]

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You guys better come to HOBO 14. I'll MM anyone. Not that I want money or anything, I just want serious sets against people.. *looks at espy* >=]
I always play seriously. Even in friendlies.

Personally FoG, I want to go to HOBO14. However, I'm in your carpool, so it's ultimately your call as to where we go for the 28th.

Either DPad or HOBO14 is fine for me, it's all up to you (however, as said, I'd prefer HOBO14). Get a hold of Prime, Nike, and Morningstar. See if they want to set up a trip to the Drink Station on that day.

We can even discuss this after Gamelot 5 on Saturday outside of Gamelot or something.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
This thread is moving too fast @_@

I've been busy with Ikkicon all weekend and now I'm waaaaaay behind on my school work, so I haven't had much time to respond to the thread.

@FS6: The venue would be for my majors only. I'd like to reuse it if it happens to be a good place. Also the name can stay. Final Smash is a recognized name.

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO START SUGGESTING DATES JUST POST PLEASE.

@Bear: Dunno about Melee. It's so hard getting people to come to a melee tournament in San Antonio. Unless you house with SOS or Kite I dunno either. But if Kite can round up people, it'd be something like 12 people at best (with SA people).

@GM5: We'll be having the standard singles/teams format. If teams doesn't form, then we will go straight to a hand vote for RSRC or low tier. I'll be using Xyro's plan for low tier, none of this tossing in extra characters because they're "almost" low tier.

@Dpad: Yes.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Also the name can stay. Final Smash is a recognized name.
No, I meant the name for "Gamelot Monthly".

We should just give a permanent name to all tournaments run in that manner in San Antonio. Because now we gotta start over at #1...bleh.
Just a peeve of mine, I suppose.

As said before these need answers: Smashfest Friday? HOBO14 vs DPAD 2? WHOBO planning?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
No, I meant the name for "Gamelot Monthly".

We should just give a permanent name to all tournaments run in that manner in San Antonio. Because now we gotta start over at #1...bleh.
Just a peeve of mine, I suppose.
I haven't had a decent name for them. It's not just smash related, since it needs to encompass a variety of games. At least it should. Brawl is currently the only game big enough to support itself. Others are too small right now to be worth their own day. Once SF4 comes around though we may see a new event each month with SF4 as the main event, then have other fighters.

Actually, it's not just that Brawl is the biggest game currently, it takes so **** long to run :laugh:

Makes it a pain to run other games.:urg:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I haven't had a decent name for them. It's not just smash related, since it needs to encompass a variety of games. At least it should. Brawl is currently the only game big enough to support itself. Others are too small right now to be worth their own day. Once SF4 comes around though we may see a new event each month with SF4 as the main event, then have other fighters.

Actually, it's not just that Brawl is the biggest game currently, it takes so **** long to run :laugh:

Makes it a pain to run other games.:urg:
You should talk to kirbykid. He might have terrible stages allowed but the way he runs tournaments is VERY efficient (it's called the molecule system or something?)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Bear, G@BE, Xzalla (for Melee) and Sethlon (both) have told me they are planning on attending GM5 in San Antonio February 14th (THIS SATURDAY).

Spread the word I want a decent turnout for Melee.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Its either the Cali stage strike, or your first stage, my stage, then FD.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Its either the Cali stage strike, or your first stage, my stage, then FD.
Cali stage strike is where you strike down to pick the neutral, correct?

Honestly, I'd rather just play it out like it was an actual tournament match so I have some practice with it. Stage Strike for Neutral, Loser CP, Loser CP.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
*quietly wonders to himself what Mosquito is going to start calling his tournys when he runs out of cool words*

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
He should call them ARC Monthlies. :D

Hylian Cruise is a stage I need to play on just in-case I somehow manage to beat Hylian...which won't happen cause Hylian is L33T!!!

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
*quietly wonders to himself what Mosquito is going to start calling his tournys when he runs out of cool words*
When I hit rock bottom for FS subtitles, I will end up pulling random words out of the dictionary.

If you don't have plans Austin you should come down for melee and bring JF >.>

LuWIIgi

Smash Apprentice
Try Dreadlock monthlies lol.
well Grey im not sure that i can still play you tonight.
im cooking and i have homework n stuff =/

OOH
how about "2 Piece n Biscuit Monthlies"
Lololllololool.
haha

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
So i just got modded for saying this..

"ROFL

haha"

yep i got an infract for that. Be careful not to laugh at things guys, chill with the lol's its spam

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Someone play me online >.<

@KM: No rush on the names of the tourneys, guy. GM and FS is something that everyone knows here in TX, mainly here in SA.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
is there melee at the one on Vday? how many entrants do you think there will be?
yes there will be melee, from who i have heard is coming and from the people i talked to so far maybe like 10-12

@Greyfox: My friend that you were playing on wifi wants a MM
$5
you down?
of course he is down, he is the best player in the world you knucklehead

LuWIIgi

Smash Apprentice
yes there will be melee, from who i have heard is coming and from the people i talked to so far maybe like 10-12

of course he is down, he is the best player in the world you knucklehead
YES ofcourse, what was i thinking.
this guy is like 100x better than that noob M2k
or even that other noob, Dojo :psycho:

Congrats Santi-Claws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom