• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hey Donkey Bong, we should have some wifi fights sometime.

I said I would play your DK, and generally speaking the lag isn't bad when fighting within your own city.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Hey Donkey Bong, we should have some wifi fights sometime.

I said I would play your DK, and generally speaking the lag isn't bad when fighting within your own city.
i dont even have my own controller, let alone a wii and internet connection
:laugh:

bad news bears though, turns out i'm going out of town this weekend, so i wont be able to make the UTSA game night on the 5th.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
dammit espy. i've been wanting to play against you for a while now.

edit: woo! got around the curse censor!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Oh ya, game night the 5th.

I should be able to make it. I'll see if I can bring my Wii this time. Don't count on it though: my sister will have a hissy fit if she finds out because it's half hers. >_>

By hissy fit I mean blame me for everything wrong in her life once again, and use it as justification for something completely and utterly unrelated, all while claiming things like I punched her to get the Wii. >_> I swear, it's her life goal to blame everything on me. lol

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Better than having an evil twin.

It's a little known fact to people that I actually do have a twin brother. He's fraternal, not identical, but we're extremely opposite and I hardly know him since we barely speak to each other. And we live under the same roof >.>

Suspect

Smash Hero
oh hey san antonio

seen the new texas power ranking? idk if its serious but if it is, but im lawlin.

move away now!

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
oh hey san antonio

seen the new texas power ranking? idk if its serious but if it is, but im lawlin.

move away now!
I don't think it is but I was in :O when I saw it.

1-2 tourneys Samboner shows up after being away for how many months and somehow sneaks his way to 4th....

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
**** Niddo.

Sounds like a Girlfriend more than a Sister. =/
O_o

No, she just started hating my guts about...6 years ago and hasn't let up since. The fact my parents don't do anything about it and let her bad mouth them all of the time probably doesn't help things.

She's convinced she's the only one in the family who doesn't lie constantly, and if you don't agree with her you're obviously lying and don't want to admit it. Oh, and she doesn't believe in Science (thats her own wording BTW), hates anyone in authority...ugh, it's a nightmare. :(

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
**** science

cant go to that utsa thingy, got some **** to go to for my sisters baby
and last i heard castro said hes gotta study or some stuff

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
We don't even have 15 players.

Espy, K Prime, Morningstar, Nike20, JUJ, Greyfox...

The only ones that are consistent.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
That was the joke. Can't you see I'm in it for the laugh out louds?

EDIT: For seriousness' sake, I think we do have around 15 players. I'm too lazy to count but this was off the top of my head.
Espy
Prime
Morning
Ethan (Higgins)
Nike
JUJ
Greyfox
Panda
Toxik
Paw
Beam
Zook
AO
Niddo
Kyro
DV8
Wookz
CCCM (?)
Santi

DISCLAIMER: I wasn't serious in my original statement regarding the PR.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I know you and Espy both can... you just need to become clutch, KPrime, and Espy needs to stop playing a mid tier (or just be more consistent), lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Prime's just gotta stop having to play Razer the second match into a **** tournament.

=====

Prime, I won't be available til around 6:30-7:00PM tonight.

Espy needs to stop playing a mid tier (or just be more consistent), lol.
1. Mid/Low tier, son. If Mid tier was a cliff, Sonic would be hanging on by a finger.

2. I always felt like I was consistent in getting anywhere between 9th-13th places in tournaments. The only hiccup is HOBO19, where I got 33rd.

My issue is more or less that San Antonio (myself included) is horrible at traveling. We only go to HOBOs, and have nothing of our own to attract anyone but Austin, and even so, the events are few and far in between.

And as for me being so negative all of a sudden: I have to. Seeing so much optimism just ticks me off now.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No johns, Espy. So he loses to Razer early on, I used to play Dojo 2nd or 3rd round and then I'd work my way up to top 9 through losers, which earned me better seeding so that was no longer the case.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You only need to travel to two large tournaments to be considered (if San Antonio still had them, it would be only one). There's just less margin for error if you go to fewer tournaments, b/c one bad placing affects you more severely.

And it's not even placing so much as who you lose to and who you beat.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well, he always plays Espy in losers :[
This is actually kinda true.

In the last few tournament events K Prime and I have been in, I've had to play him a considerable amount of times.

Kinda lame, really.

@PX: Fair enough, 'cept you use a better character. :D

You only need to travel to two large tournaments to be considered (if San Antonio still had them, it would be only one). There's just less margin for error if you go to fewer tournaments, b/c one bad placing affects you more severely.

And it's not even placing so much as who you lose to and who you beat.
I still feel like I'm playing consistent. Only thing that changed was HOBO19. Lost to Maleplatypus and Sudai.
I think every other time I've ever lost in a tournament, it's been to you, or someone else on the upper half of the PR at that current time.

That's not to say anything though. I'm still ****ing horrible and don't deserve to be on the PR. HOBO19 was proof enough of that.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I hate playing the same people at every tourney I go to. It's always Gnes or Razer in winners, who I always have to play in the first or second round. Then it's Espy or Hylian in losers. Would be nice to lose to someone else. :/

I've yet to play Dojo, Dphat, Fogo, Zac, Bear, Zori, Trela, Esca, Ozz, Flip, Roy, Xyro, and a bunch of other good tx players.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I should totally be at the top of the TX PR. >_> <_<

For beards that is.

EDIT: K Prime, you can lose to me, just jump off the cliff three times. :D And I don't mind a few wifi matches right now. I suck though, lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I hate playing the same people at every tourney I go to. It's always Gnes or Razer in winners, who I always have to play in the first or second round. Then it's Espy or Hylian in losers. Would be nice to lose to someone else. :/

I've yet to play Dojo, Dphat, Fogo, Zac, Bear, Zori, Trela, Esca, Ozz, Flip, Roy, Xyro, and a bunch of other good tx players.
Other than also having played PhantomX, I don't think I've ever seen Prime play ANY of those players in tournament.

Nike.

Smash Hero

That's so sad. Nobody outside of SA/Austin realizes your potential. I remember watching you go even with Mikehaze on alot of friendlies. Everyone here knows you could easily break top 10.

Especially Espy too. I cant help but look at the PR and KNOW that he could take on every single person at #4-15. Heck, he even scares Dojo and Razer.

I should totally be at the top of the TX PR. >_> <_<

For beards that is.

EDIT: K Prime, you can lose to me, just jump off the cliff three times. :D And I don't mind a few wifi matches right now. I suck though, lol.
Morningstar is coming over today. You should join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom