• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
You do have to wash but do you? Hmm? DO YOU??????

@Delx: Eh, Zamus does well at what she does, sure she can't get around shields aside from a poking dtilt, but the opponent can't win by only shielding the entire match, Zamus WILL get into your game eventually.

Also just found out about her infinites on Fox and Wolf. I also love her dash attack buffer chain.

You do have to wash but do you? Hmm? DO YOU??????

@Delx: Eh, Zamus does well at what she does, sure she can't get around shields aside from a poking dtilt, but the opponent can't win by only shielding the entire match, Zamus WILL get into your game eventually.

Also just found out about her infinites on Fox and Wolf. I also love her dash attack buffer chain.
Just do what NickRiddle does.... single dash away from the shield :3.

Hive

Smash Lord
hmm when did the mu thread close :( anyways I was thinking samus boards should make a matchup thread that realistically shows what samus should expect to do at the highest levels in terms of percentage wins instead of the current system. It would be a lot easier to implement and decide on matchup ratios because it would take out a lot of the subjective guessing most mu threads have, and unlike most matchup threads it would actually show something tangible and objective about her metagame. I mean we put samus v mk as like 90-10 or 80-20 on these current matchups but "90-10" basically doesn't mean anything except "we think it is really strongly in her disadvantage". Its not as if samus will win 10% of the time or whatever against the top mks, we have clear evidence from like m2k v xyro and others that that's not going to happen. At high levels samus has a lot of matchups where in 10 matches or so she can expect to lose every single one of them. And other matchups like ike v samus we can use the ratios of like san v xyro to say that at high levels ike has a 70-30 advantage because xyro won 30% of the time. This makes it seem worse than it is only because so many character use completely arbitrary systems that say a lot of matchups are more even than they should be, 70-30 is actually very close and both characters can expect to reasonably have a chance to win. At the highest levels there are a lot of matchups that are ultimately 100% or closer in favor of one character and it doesn't make sense to say that ddd v samus is 80-20 when we shouldn't expect to win 20% of the time. Not only would it make the system more objective but it would allow us to use win percents and other objective data to verify it, and when we get more data we can build on older assumptions if it changes it. It makes it similar to a pr system where we use data to estimate it the best that we can but is dynamic with new data.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Go back to accounting Hive.

jk, just wait until Xyro gets his ****** *** image file from whomever and we'll start on MUs soon.

Does this mean you're back? Or are you just bored?

Hive

Smash Lord
Go back to accounting Hive.

jk, just wait until Xyro gets his ****** *** image file from whomever and we'll start on MUs soon.

Does this mean you're back? Or are you just bored?
lol :D just bored i guess. sorry :p but the mus really are weird lol. I still play some with friends but I kinda shy away from tourneys now, so much char imbalance :( although I did go to one at Sacanime that was really fun recently :)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Finally got in 3 stock with Samus today :D Vs a Ganon. He was ****** when he got up close, though. His Dair in close combat > Our everything :x

Heya Hive, nice to see you back online :]

Finally got in 3 stock with Samus today :D Vs a Ganon. He was ****** when he got up close, though. His Dair in close combat > Our everything :x

Heya Hive, nice to see you back online :]
You are without a doubt one of the coolest people I've ever met on the interwebs.

i saw pikachu in the title and had to comment
I love you <3.

Not enough style.

Also your text color has a stupid name. :laugh:
.........</3

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
hmm when did the mu thread close :( anyways I was thinking samus boards should make a matchup thread that realistically shows what samus should expect to do at the highest levels in terms of percentage wins instead of the current system. It would be a lot easier to implement and decide on matchup ratios because it would take out a lot of the subjective guessing most mu threads have, and unlike most matchup threads it would actually show something tangible and objective about her metagame. I mean we put samus v mk as like 90-10 or 80-20 on these current matchups but "90-10" basically doesn't mean anything except "we think it is really strongly in her disadvantage". Its not as if samus will win 10% of the time or whatever against the top mks, we have clear evidence from like m2k v xyro and others that that's not going to happen. At high levels samus has a lot of matchups where in 10 matches or so she can expect to lose every single one of them. And other matchups like ike v samus we can use the ratios of like san v xyro to say that at high levels ike has a 70-30 advantage because xyro won 30% of the time. This makes it seem worse than it is only because so many character use completely arbitrary systems that say a lot of matchups are more even than they should be, 70-30 is actually very close and both characters can expect to reasonably have a chance to win. At the highest levels there are a lot of matchups that are ultimately 100% or closer in favor of one character and it doesn't make sense to say that ddd v samus is 80-20 when we shouldn't expect to win 20% of the time. Not only would it make the system more objective but it would allow us to use win percents and other objective data to verify it, and when we get more data we can build on older assumptions if it changes it. It makes it similar to a pr system where we use data to estimate it the best that we can but is dynamic with new data.
What.The.Hell.

Where'd you come from :\ Maybe dryn will pop a hello in now to :p And serris should stop creepin' for a day. Bring backk all the old samus' in for a day!

Compy, Where do you live again? I will be over in just ___ hours to make love to your New Avatar.

DJ Rave should go kiss some more *** somewhere else :p

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Bam, should had Have a V8

my mom is 50 son.
Do you like grilled cheese sandwiches? the greasy cheese kinds, where the grease practically drippin' out of it. Then you open it up, moving the mitts of bread apart and the cheese is all melted and stringy, some falling out.

You won't enjoy a grilled cheese after my mom.

Hive

Smash Lord
What.The.Hell.

Where'd you come from :\ Maybe dryn will pop a hello in now to :p And serris should stop creepin' for a day. Bring backk all the old samus' in for a day!
Hehe oh did dryn stop coming to smashboards too? Yea its been too long :) I've been posting this whole time though, all over samus boards for like the last year, you just can't see them, because my posts are just that ninja. :)

also hi dj rave :)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hehe oh did dryn stop coming to smashboards too? Yea its been too long :) I've been posting this whole time though, all over samus boards for like the last year, you just can't see them, because my posts are just that ninja. :)

also hi dj rave :)
I left too. I came back when I quit my job to move, now I'm looking for a new job out in Victoria, BC. So I figured I should probably see what's going on over here.

Those must have been some seeeriously ninja posts :\

...unless you mean melee.... Touche.

Top Bottom